Would it be acceptable/historically accueate for me to wear knights hospitaller gear to a renaissance faire?

Would it be acceptable/historically accueate for me to wear knights hospitaller gear to a renaissance faire?

yes, they held to their christian vows unlike some

In 13th century knightly gear? No.

Just do it.

Probably like 90% of the attendants will be in historically anachronistic or otherwise inaccurate dress.

No because its from before the Renaissance

The iconic crusaders were 12th century

Who cares lol?

What are those nerds gonna do, LARP ya?

You could wear samurai gear

Wear blackface and go as a King

WE

Every time I go to a Ren Fair theres always one charatcer that dresses up as Spock or Darth Vader

WUZ

Would Hospitallers have been wearing red and white by that era? And not suits of armour? Actually would they be called knights of Malta?

i have a feeling that a renaissance faire is not about knights
like, not at all

I feel like people who call it a Renaissance fair are being inaccurate, because most of the time the shit I see looks like it's from the dark ages.

I like the one near where I live, they don't use the R word at all and describe it as: "mixing medieval with renaissance, history with fantasy" which sounds more accurate and opens up more options for people without having anyone able to argue against its authenticity.

kongs

Mine doesn't something like that, they literally just attached the burg suffix to our city's name and call it at a day.

>"mixing medieval with renaissance, history with fantasy"
The nerds infested my local fair....
It used to be cool before they came, it used to be historical, not its just lame and I feel out of place.

CRUSADERS

You can but as a Malta knight. The hospitaliers defended Malta against the turcs in the 16th century. So no bucket helm and change your black cloak for a red one

Sengoku Jidai Samurai? That's quite Renaissance. Just bring teppo to be sure

I don't see why not they've been there from Middle ages until Napoleon.

though I don't know if they wore the same get-up.

>no bucket helm
No I am wearing it

seems like they used bucket helms

where do I get one of these tabards for like

>And not suits of armour

Where did you hear that they fought withour maille?

Step 1. Go to a fabric store
Step 2. buy fabric
Step 3. go to armorarchive and download a pattern
Step 4. cut and sew that shit

fyi most premade tabbers and surcoats are upwards of 60-100 USD

>Renaissance
They had rebased to either Rhodes or Malta at this point in time, depending on whether it's Pre- or Post-Suleiman. They also stopped wearing edgy black robes and switched to red (the color of the Holy Spirit).

This is a fucking toy. They weren't knights of Malta before 1530. Bucket helms were not used anymore since centuries. They had guns ffs

Sorry to break it to you but it had always been lame.