Is it worth learning Forex to trade with small amounts of money ( 150-200€ )...

Is it worth learning Forex to trade with small amounts of money ( 150-200€ ) ? Or should I look into other markets and wait a few years till I get a proper job?

Other urls found in this thread:

babypips.com/school
twitter.com/AnonBabble

get paper money and trade, familiarize yourself with stocks, you'll end up creating a guide for yourself that will help once you actually have money

>look into other markets
Yeah, I'd do this.
You're literally starting with the most highly leveraged shit there is.

Why high leverage is a bad thing?

It's not necessarily, but it isn't a tool that should be used by those learning.
By definition, it acts as a multiplier on your trades. Great if you know what you're doing, guaranteed to blow your account out if you don't.

The only reason why leverage is being made out as so scary is because you could lose more than you put in

So it would be a bad idea even if I have no intention to treating it as a source of income in the short term (5+ years )?
I won't have a decent capital for atleast 6 more years since I still have long a way to go in education : is it so risky that it isn't even worth to treat it as a "side project" ?

Pretty much.
The problem is that, as a small fish, you can be swamped by the most minor fluctuations. Your account will be crippled, or even owe, while those who have capital will hold because they can.
The serious players in leveraged vehicles use a good deal of capital. Those who use a few thousand are usually just gambling, as they lack the resources.

its totally worth it.. I turned my $200 into $10000 using forex.

I am a winner at forex

how long did it take you? what materials did you learn in order for you to do that?

every market is the same . its all about price action.
once you understand price action , you can trade every market.

This.

OP don't be a mega-pussy. Actually, be reasonably pussy-ish since you only start out with like 150€. Learn how Forex fluctuates and - REALLY IMPORTANT - use this (or any other) economic calendar for events that will move the currency market:

www.fxstreet.com/economic-calendar

If you have a lot of capital, why would you use leverage instead of just your own capital?

Basically what I mean to say: why would you use your capital to back a leveraged position, instead of investing your capital directly?
Also this seems like a pretty good reason.

>If you have a lot of capital
What's "a lot"?
Everyone wishes they had more capital, yes?
Things I buy a block of I would buy two blocks of, if I had twice as much money.
So leverage allows you the profit return that would exist if you did have that money.
It's really just about trading with more than you have, however much that is.

Posted that in the wrong thread lel

>scared
lol.
I use leverage in almost all of my equity buys, and the futures I hold are leveraged on their own.
OP, on the other hand, is talking about "learning forex" with 200€.
Two somewhat different situations.

I'm trying to get into Forex but am having difficulty with a lot of terminology being used, probably because I'm science-oriented rather than business/economics.

Any ideas what I can read/watch to help me become more familiar with terminology?

babypips.com/school

Short answer is no. You'd be doing it as an experiment, and thus more than likely to lose money.

The long answer is even if you have no intention of ever getting into Forex trading the lessons you can learn from understanding it will probably help you in all forms of investing from index funds, sniffing out shares in internationally trading companies, buying assets coveted by foreign investors.

And don't forget travelling and earning money abroad.

Even if you lose 200 euros, it might be well worth the lesson?

I got a question(s)

What happens if say Netflix's stock drops, you buy it up thinking "they'll rebound" and they're bought out by say Viacomm or Google

Questions are
A) Are you still in possession of your stocks?
B) I assume there's a jump in such a case in stock price?
C) Can you just turn around and sell them next day once it's purchased, stock prices rise and you've made money?
D) Is it a "real world" strategy to buy stocks of companies who will be bought out?
E) Is there profit to be made from this type of snakery?

learn to trade forex but get a larger amount of money, there's a shit ton of money there (liquidity) and it isn't as hard as people believe but realistically you need at least like 50k

A) Yes
B) Maybe
C) Yes
D) There's definitely people who (try to) do it
E) Sure. I made $50 a share when Keurig got bought out.

Any suggested broker software I should use? preferably something that doesn't trigger my /g/.

Is it worth learning about alt coins?

Should I learn how to build an affordable mining rig or should I make more threads with questions?

Invest in bonds or a stock index instead. You will get positive and stable returns, and not a gamble in which you will lose money on average.

200 is to low, but enough for Dow Jones.