Tell me what this man believes in 10 words or less

Tell me what this man believes in 10 words or less.

"dude spooks lmao"

spooks

I will use this fixed idea for my benefit

I don't have to

Fuck you I won't do what you tell me.

spookbusting

If you don't take possession of ideas, they'll possess you.

Ideas are spooks

Stirner is right.

Stop putting things that don't even exist above yourself.

le spook edgelord maymay philosopher

people should live like animals

Spooky simply spooky

No they shouldn't, people don't pay attention to what Stirner says about self-ownership.

That's all he wants. Is for nothing to own your but yourself, no idea, no desire, no masters.

Everybody acts in their own interests while ignoring the collective interests of their community and the ideas and institutions that seek to protect collective interests?

You're right. Even animals don't behave that selfishly.

Fuck spooks get money

You can work towards the collective interest, as long as everyone (you especially) is actually receiving their interests and you aren't all contribbing to some ill-defined common good.

If you want a counter-example, look at some collectivist cultures where the individual is to sacrifice themselves completely for the "good of society", with the end result that every individual that actually composes said society is miserable.

We can accomplish more as a society and as individuals by occupying the ground in the middle. Sacrifice for the common good, but make sure that your individual needs and wants are satisfied to a reasonable degree.

If all everyone cares about are their own tangible benefits, large scale projects that benefit everyone become impossible. Sacrifices made for the whole by everyone on an individual level are realized as a society as a whole.

If a certain group is taking too much to the detriment of others, that's a flaw in execution, not in design.

>He doesn't know about a Union of Egoists

>society as a whole
"Society as a whole" does not exist as anything other than the organization of individuals. If the sacrifice is not benefiting a person or persons, tangibly, you may as well be offering that sacrifice to a snake god in hopes that the sun keeps shining. "Society" and "snake god" have equal chances of benefiting from the sacrifice if you separate it from the individual.

Himself

>self-interested assholes ignore the public good and seek to enrich themselves
No, I'm aware of the US House of Representatives and the US Senate.

Thus is also most workplaces, friends groups, etc

maybe it's just human nature

>If the sacrifice is not benefiting a person or persons, tangibly
There's the disconnect. The definition of the word "tangibly." If tangible benefit is seen as that which each individual can see on an individual level in the short term, then no, sacrifices made do not have tangible benefits.

But if tangible benefits are seen as the betterment of the self through the betterment of all, i.e. a rising tide lifts all ships, then sacrifices made for the betterment of society as a whole become tangible.

Provided, of course, that those efforts are reasonably rewarded in the interim. Compensation may not perfectly line up with contribution, but it should at least be enough to live on.

>human nature

Uh oh, you said the evil two words friendo! Now prepared to be memed by Rousseau spouting spergs. RIP

Ugh, please stop being a fedora.

I sincerely hope not.

The only definition of tangible that matters is the definition of the individual who is profiting or not.

sole ownership is a spook desu

If a newly-built road brings commerce and jobs to a small town, that's a tangible benefit to a community that was created by individuals who are not from that community. The individuals who came from elsewhere and built the road do not see its full benefit. yet the collective does benefit.

The workers get a paycheck and little more, but they revitalized the economy of an entire town. Individual sacrifice that is compensated in an asymmetrical way, yet benefits the whole. A net gain for everyone at the expense of the potentially selfish demands of individuals that likely would have killed the entire project.

If the road builders demanded to be compensated in relation to the economic benefits of their work to the community, the road would simply never be built.

>every individual that actually composes said society is miserable.
citation?

>collective interests
>community

>stirnerposting taken to Veeky Forums
Nooooo!

So perfect it's spooky.

Spokk spooker spooked

The world is mine.

Stirnerposting is bestposting.

Was he an actual sociopath or "just pretending" for argument's sake?

He wasn't a sociopath at all. Not accepting Christian morals doesn't make you a sociopath.

>>>/rel/

>Not accepting Christian morals
Stirner when interpreted properly is completely compatible with my very specific brand of Orthodox Christianity.

>the involuntary egoists itt
Hope you enjoy being sacrificed for the ''''''greater good''''''.

I ain't afraid of no spook.

I'm sure he is, not all versions of Christianity are terrible, just most actually existing versions are.

lel
>not realizing this is a Constantine meme

Ich hab' meine Sach' auf nichts gestellt.

People worship ideas slavishly, I made this idea, I'm god

nothing

He is an sjw leftypol meme

gay memes for gayer teens

>human nature

what if spooks are spooks?

Very good.

shitting up threads

Fucken spooks get of mah property

>inherent value

Spooky stuff there max

I should've bookmarked the stirner thread that had both substantive discussion of his philosophies and Constantine getting BTFO

Desustorage still doesn't work for me

Spooky scary non-existant skeletons send shivers down your spine

Why do idiots confuse egoism with abashed selfishness? An egoist can be unabashedly selfish but most people aren't like that. The point is to recognize your egoism in all things.

No sane person wants to be unwittingly sacrificed for an idea. No ordinary person wants to be the sacrificed for the herd. You are a human, not an ant.

*unabashed selfishness

Try cuckchan.org

horror movies are to be avoided at all costs

Edgelord faggot today, Edgelord faggot back then

You own yourself and should utilize ideas to your benefit.

Unrelated: trigger idiotic moralists relentlessly.

Are there any major egoists besides Spookman, Nietzsche and Rand?

Benjamin Tucker and De Sade both come to mind.

>Rand
>major

Only follow ideas that benefit you; not ones that don't.

She had a lot of influence on the right.

>American politics matter

Why does calling a spook spooky really fire up people's sensitivities so much?

Basically, because you cannot build a civilization without believing in spooks.

spooky