/lite/ - /lite/ Rouge-lite General

Rat's wet dream edition

Last thread: >What is this?
A place to discuss all rogue-lites and related games and topics. Examples: The Binding of Isaac, Nuclear Throne, Enter the Gungeon, Faster than Light, Spelunky, and Rogue Legacy.

>List of Some Rogue-lites (W.I.P)
pastebin.com/rwnYefeG

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/rogue-lite

>/NTG/ Pastebins
Character Ideas pastebin.com/JnGYReQj
Crown Ideas pastebin.com/TjhD5NAk
Soundmods pastebin.com/bAtMbDCV

first for NT > Gungeon

second for you're wrong gameplay wise, but right design wise

bump

where are everyone

it's just me and you now

any NT players here who still do the daily? it's starting to get lonely only seeing my score pop up

add my acc "uzkbwza"
on steam pls

>marine's past has a reference to half life
>hunter's past has a reference to wolfenstein
>cuntvict's past has a reference to hotline miami
THEN WHO WAS PILOT?????

HAN SOLO
DANDY SPACE COWBOY
GENERIC SCI FI FUCKBOY
Good chance its actually a point and click protag.

I WANT PILOT TO start with a good gun

I don't know whether this is an ebin copypasta maymay in which I'm being rused by a man merely pretending to be retarded, but the Pilot's past is a reference to Firefly

i could see how he missed that given firefly sucks rancid donkey cum

I want Floor 1 to have 2 brown chests minimum, so there is a chance of getting a expandable gun.

So much fucking this.

>Marine sidearm is good enough to easily flawless the first two floor bosses, unless snek happens
>Hunter has a crossbow that can easily clear the first two floors
>Convict doesn't really have a massive amount going for her, but doesn't have that much going against her either

>Pilot
>50% chance to fuck up your chests so when RNG fucks you and you find no keys anywhere, it only half fucks you, good luck with that run anyhow though
>Starting pistol is objectively worse than the fucking pea-shooter
>Items from shops are barely cheaper at all

Literal Autism

>muh western in an unconventional setting
>muh show cancelled sob story

reddit: the show

>tfw NT will never be updated because the developers are lazy shits

what's it like having an unpolished game ;)

>Giving a shit on Veeky Forums

Literal autism

If you destroy a chest and then pick up a mimic tooth necklace, the chest will reappear
intredasting

Nevermind
You can't actually interact with it

what does this post even mean
what are you trying to convey

Poor mimmick.
Lived a hard life
:Eating everyone

>Crossbow with muscle relaxant
Holy fuck lads I killed the WALL in 30 bolts
holy fuuuuck

I still play the dailies, although I am getting worse at them due to playing Gungeon a lot. I try to roll through bullets in NT and end up eating my gun or exploding myself.

Let's try this again.
>go to steam discussions
>search for "too hard', "unfair" or "unbalanced"
>post results

Spent too many credits doing blessed runs, time to grind some more bosses to actually unlock shit
>never fi ding cigarettes when entirely too much health drops
I will never be cool

>>marine's past has a reference to half life
isn't it doom?

i hate leaving a floor with full hp and like 3-4 red hearts on the ground. i never find the cigs when i can actually make use of them. did you unlock gunther yet?

Well, they're both oldschool FPS's.

I've never heard this mentioned before: if you hold roll with the scarf you leave a shadow version of yourself behind. When you release the button you teleport back to the shadow. I don't know how useful this is, but it's kinda cool.

Theory: The convict originally had the cigarettes as a starting item but she was so good with them that they had to nerf her

>two brown chests on chamber 3
what the fuck man

You can even go past locked doors without using a key by doing this

that would make her like isaac's samson with a razor blade

She doesn't directly benefit from smoking them, though.

permanent stat increase and item find chance isnt a benefit?

Every character gets that, Samson has an additional bonus coming from his passive.

and she gets a damage buff from taking damage, cigs do damage

Wait ciggies increase your coolness every single time you smoke one?

I thought just holding them gave it to you.

every time, 1%, stacking, permanent

I wonder if you can get multiple clones in the same run.

I get the same spacebar item on some runs sometimes

It might be possible with sacrifices to a few RNG gods

>Rouge-lite General

Glad to see this finally happened. I tried awhile ago and nobody really gave a shit. It's about time roguelites got a home so that they and the roguelike guys could discuss stuff in peace without "MUH BERLIN INTERPRETATION" guys storming in every time.

And is Crypt of the Necrodancer really a roguelite? I always thought it was some kinda rhythm game or something along those lines. Because if dancing games are roguelites now you may as well throw in Minesweeper since you only get one life.

And someone should add in Desktop Dungeons. It's a roguelite/puzzle hybrid, but it makes sense in here given it's supposed to be in the coffee break roguelike genre.

Holy shit that sounds OP.

Once you hit a sweet spot you'll be getting more HP drops which translates into more sparking up, which translates into even more Hp drops, until you get into the guaranteed item every 1.5 room average zone.

Ya Rouge, like the NT character.

>And is Crypt of the Necrodancer really a roguelite?
>permadeath
>dungeon crawler
>procedural generation
>high learning curve
>turn based

it probably qualifies as an actual roguelike but don't let rogue-like general hear you say that.

But Doom makes more sense since Doomguy is a marine. Freeman isn't a marine. He's some ivy league graduate who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Or right place at the right time if you wanna look at it another way.

Why can't it be to both?
>the past is half-life
>the rest is doom

Why not both? Because what fits Morgan Freeman, the ivy league scientist, better in that backstory that wouldn't equally apply to Doomguy who's actually a marine? Just because you can warp shit to make it seem like something doesn't mean it's meant to reference X thing.

Portal spawning monsters? Fits Doomguy because portals rip open a portal to hell. Marine? Fits Doomguy and not even close to Freeman who actually fights against marines or black ops, whatever those military guys were who raid the compound.

It's implied that all of the gungeoneers traveled to the gungeon together It would be cool to have some playable characters that didn't travel to the gungeon with them and have been trapped there for hundreds of years due to the nature of the gungeon it is possible for one guy to have been there for five years, and another for five hundred

Also, look at the armor on the character. Looks kinda like the Halo guy, but that same helmet can be seen on doomguy on the cover of the first game too. So, even the aesthetic fits Doomguy rather than Freeman who just wears the jumpsuit and has a crowbar with no helmets/armor.

Nuclear Throne or Gungeon?

Change /lite/ to Twin Stick General /tsg/ and lets only discuss EtG and NT

no fuck off

They're both pretty nice.

they are totally different

Would you rather have a shitty, broken steak with great designs or a nice, well done steak with awful designs?

>Trigger Twins
>Shades is jammed
>Summoned mobs are jammed
>Lord of the Jammed
>Win anyway using starter weapons
>There are people that have trouble with normal Trigger Twins

If Nuclear Throne was 60 fps I wouldn't be playing Gungeon right now.

Am I good yet with my 3 masteries? I am aiming to get all 5 masteries.

i dunno you'll have to record it for me to judge you effectively

Well, I could do that. Maybe I will later today. I have only gotten hit like 5 times this entire run though, and that was because I am trying to get the mine cart achievement.

>My face after beating The Lich for the first time with one health remaining after having to fight all three phases with the Marine's base pistol, the Alien Engine, and two blanks.

Fuck me I think I'm going to have a heart attack, my pulse is going a mile a minute. I also flawlessed the Dragun finally, is the final Master Chamber actually used for anything?

tfw you take just 1 damage on wallmonger. I hate it so much, I was so close.

It's used for Bullet Hell, obviously.

I'LL FUCKING DO IT

Haha, funny joke. I guess I have to perfect it now.

;_;

How does this even happen?

Is it? I'm still working on the elevator due to RNG, but I thought it only goes as far as the Forge and requires the first four Master Chambers to power it.

it only goes as far as the forge but the masteries also give you extra hp. if you're going to bullet hell you'll probably want the hp.

You use it to have +1hp in bullet hell user.

Ah right, durr. I was just wondering if it had to be used for anything else.

How does what happen? me took a stupid amount of damage? It's from a revolvenant's special attack and 4 ashen bullet kin in 1 room.

>chamber 2
>Door Lord
Welp, there goes my guaranteed master round.

Bullet Hell really feels unfinished.
>elevator costs 11 blanks, even more resources, 5th master round and 30 hegemony credits
>there are chest rooms, but they're always mimics
>there is a shop and the shopkeeper is a skeleton

I dunno, the sprites in NT aren't really that great. Unless you mean overall game design, where I will definitely have to disagree with you.

hindsight and all that, but you have 3 blanks.

I mean character, enemy design etc
Bandits are much comfier than bullets

from an aesthetics perspective and nothing else, NT is hideous.

>Ancient hero bandana from Bullet King
>Get smoke bombs from a chest and steal gundromeda strain from Professor Goopton in the next room
CAN WE SAY W O N R U N

>smoke bombs and scarf
you have become a ninja

>crossbow
>muscle relaxant
>200 casings into YV shrine
Welcome to quad-kill town.

NT isn't anywhere near as good as Gungeon.

>cigs kill armour
who thought this was a good idea

I was trying to save them for the dragun because I absolutely need them to get past 1 attack of his that I always take damage on...

they ruin your clothes via stench

>Comfy
Your opinion is garbage if that's all you can manage.
Yeah, I don't really like most of the guns in it anyway. I bought it a while ago and it was fun for a while, but the instant deaths and lack of fun shit to do aside from 'hope you get a decent gun' wasn't that great.

>taking a slut from prison over based rad pupper
kys

Nigger what are you even talking about?

god i love convict, legit top tier. even her end game unlock is the fucking best. dat alt skin hair.

>Mega Douser from Kill Pillars
someone explain this RNG shit

Let me try to explain it:
>R
>N
>G

You could just as easily get railgun from bullet king and you wouldn't be complaining.

He claims that character designs in NT aren't superior to the ones in EtG

>You can blow the Dragun's RPG up
Killed him like 20 times at this point and I never knew

With Bullets or with Blasphemy?

Doesn't really matter it's insanely easy to dodge.

I don't really know how I did it, was wailing on him with the stinger and the rocket just exploded in his face, the wave of bullets all went behind him

Okay so, tip for the new (and not so new) players cause I'm sick of seeing this shit. Look at your fucking minimap after clearing each room. There might be an ammo drop you missed and you're not getting a second chance to pick it up.

Suddenly, all your armor is extra blanks that give a permanent buff.
You're welcome.