/nintyg/ - Nintendo General

This is a general for the discussion of Nintendo consoles and games released on them
Previous thread: Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /smm/, /mk8g/, /loz/, /ywg/, /ptg/ moved to >Important News
「!」Zelda 2013 became Zelda 2014 which became Zelda 2015 which became Zelda 2016. Now it's Zelda 2017. Some say it would be better to call it "Zelda U", but that's wrong since it's coming on the NX as well. More info at E3. twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/725224510694240256
「!」Star Fox Zero and Guard are out!
「!」Natsume is bringing the first 3DS Kunio Kun game to the west: nintendoeverything.com/natsume-localizing-river-city-tokyo-rumble-on-3ds/
「!」Atlus localizing TMS#FE: nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-comments-on-tokyo-mirage-sessions-fes-western-version-atlus-is-localizing/
「!」Fed Force news: nintendoeverything.com/metroid-prime-federation-force-delayed-launches-aug-19-na-sept-2-eu/
「!」Corpse Party 3DS releasing this Summer: gematsu.com/2016/04/corpse-party-pc-launches-april-25-3ds-version-coming-north-america-summer
「!」Lost Reavers beta now out on the eShop.
「!」SMT IV: Final releasing in the west as SMT IV: Apocalypse: gematsu.com/2016/04/shin-megami-tensei-iv-apocalypse-coming-americas-summer
「!」My Nintendo and Miitomo have launched! Register today for S I C K customer loyalty bonuses: my.nintendo.com/
「!」Marin announced for Hyrule Warriors: siliconera.com/2016/03/28/marin-announced-upcoming-hyrule-warriors-dlc/

>Upcoming Releases (I'll update them I swear)
3DS - pastebin.com/PRi8uhnZ
Wii U - pastebin.com/gKEshyzJ

>New 3DS XL vs 3DS XL Comparison
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2015/09/amiibo-igcc-v8.jpg

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Disclaimer: Ignore every post by babt, you know "xbx is shit, 3ds is for babies, w101 is mobile shit, jap shit, nx will be VR" and things alike.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/725224510694240256
youtube.com/watch?v=MS2uILv5G-0
mediafire.com/download/qaa9adhn9uf80ek/robost-bcstm.zip
mediafire.com/download/v19tgbtbwl4tt5s/robost-vorbis.zip
wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Metroid_Prime_2:_Echoes_(Metroid_Prime:_Trilogy)
strawpoll.me/10064868
nintendo.com/games/detail/xenoblade-chronicles-wii-u
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Zelda 2013 became Zelda 2014 which became Zelda 2015 which became Zelda 2016. Now it's Zelda 2017. Some say it would be better to call it "Zelda U", but that's wrong since it's coming on the NX as well. More info at E3. twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/725224510694240256
Ayy

You forgot to change the pastebins btw

E3 when?

lol are people seriously saying the wii u purchase was a "waste"?

I have well hundreds, if not thousands, of hours played on it. There is so many great games that can be played only on the wii u.

i bought it for splatoon, I have only 200 hours on it and I think it was a good purchase,
I want to buy more games but I lack the money right now.

Is Sega 3D Classics physical release an actual game compilation, or does it install all the game individually on your system?

I wouldn't mind deleting all my games and buying it to have on one file/cart.

From what I saw on YouTube, it looks like the former.

RIP Wii U

also nx is coming in march 2017

Jesus, I just looked at my log. I have 627 hours logged into Super Mario Maker.

Y'all buying the Nintendo Humble Bundle?

Couldn't get the first one due to region lock, but this one looks like a decent purchase and has EU codes too.

A lifespan of four years is kind of annoying, and I'm not exactly impressed the library depth of Wii U, even if it has great games.

Someone already gave to me the games I wanted

I kinda want the Shantae game but I'm too lazy to buy it, I just wish somebody would give me the code.

It's just one buck. Though someone with only one console might give out the other code they don't need.

RIP ninty

Wiiu is not worth it. Too few games. If you don't have a gaming PC any other console is way more value.

Real games:
>Dk
>Bayonetta

Demo length games sold for full price:
>Mario3d wold
>Splatoon
>Starfox
>Mario maker

Any other game sucks so bad it's not even worth mentioning.

7th Dragon soon

Hey folks.
I have an european 3DS and a north american Wii U. In the Humble Bundle I picked all european codes since I use the 3DS more frequently but that leaves me with the codes for Affordable Space Adventures, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, and Freedom Planet on Wii U that I can't use.
Is anyone interested in trading them for north american Wii U codes, or maybe some other deal? I'd rather have more 3DS games than Wii U games at this point.

I love DK and Bayonetta have basically become the King and Queen of Wii U.

Any recommendation, no matter what, will ALWAYS have those two games in it.

Is the 3DS worth it?

Yes. Install a9lh on it.

Ugh. I messed around with CFW in my Wii, I rahter not go through that mess again.

You should. Why are you not satisfied with what you did with your Wii?

Not when I'm always one step closer to bricking my shit. Had to mess with a lot of stuff. Why do you recommend having it homebrew'd?

>Not when I'm always one step closer to bricking my shit.
How can you do that on the Wii where isntalling BootMii requires like pressing 1 button? After that you can't actually brick.
Also, the only risky thing on the Wii is the banner brick. Which never happen unless you install random wads you know nothing about or you make them in the wrong way on purpose.

>Why do you recommend having it homebrew'd?
You get a lot of stuff from it. Homebrew is being pretty good. NTR is probably my favourite so far.
You can only manage to brick if you do something extremely stupid, anyway. And once you install arm9loaderhax, you can restore from a brick whenever you want.

Get a ds lite with a GBA and regular flash card. No cfw needed. 3ds only has gimmick games anyway.

>How can you do that on the Wii where isntalling BootMii requires like pressing 1 button? After that you can't actually brick.

Not when you have 4.3. And downgrading was quite risky.

Also, you still haven't mentioned pros besides free games, I guess?

>Also, you still haven't mentioned pros besides free games, I guess?
I never mentioned piracy though.

>Not when you have 4.3. And downgrading was quite risky.
When did you attempt that? I don't even remember the Wii needing a downgrade, though I couldn't follow the scene much back then. Thing is, homebrew on the Wii (except vWii on WiiU, which requires SSBB) has been extremely easy for a few years now. All you need to do is to put like 3 files in the SD card and press two buttons.

Mamma mia.

Well, it's not like I don't have my Wii completely modded already, I'm not saying that. But it wasn't easy either. At least not when I was back into the scene.

So, tell me some advantages of homebrewing, I thought modding consoles was ultimately to boot pirated games.

>not enjoying kickass homebrew
>not enjoying mods
>not making backups of your saves
>not being regionfree
>not streaming to PC
>not editing the ram
>not playing gba games on your 3ds natively
>not running the emulators your console is capable of running
>not using the full power of your new 3ds in the games nintendo doesn't want you to (most of them)

Explain the following

>not enjoying mods
>not editing the ram
>not running the emulators your console is capable of running
>not using the full power of your new 3ds in the games nintendo doesn't want you to (most of them)

I love the DS family, not other console family has ever satisfied me like it has.

>mods
>ram editing
What do I need to explain?

>emulators
Again, isn't this obvious? Either homebrew emulators or Virtual Console injecting. Nintendo deosn't give you everything.

>using a new 3ds properly
The New 3DS is more powerful than the original 3DS.
Most games purposefully don't get any benefit from it though. As Nintendo couldn't have been bothered if all of the games where improved by the new hardware, they decided to make it work with only a few games. For all other games, the New 3DS will act as if it was an original 3DS. There would be no difference. Which is stupid, Nintendo should have given the choice to begin with.

Nice frilly sheets

I see. Well, what mods would you, for example, recommend?

Right now the most interesting things are translations and undubs. Unless you want the main Pokémon games to be harder, but I'm not really interested in that.
NSMB2 has a level editor and I'm sure some great mods will come, which I think is more interesting than the game itself.
In general, the future looks promising. I like to mess around editing the game too, which LayeredFS (for the romfs) and HANS (for the code itself) make really easy.

So will the superior version be the one for the previous console or for the new one?

The nx is going to be a ps4 controller.

reposting because this thread died way too soon yesterday

youtube.com/watch?v=MS2uILv5G-0
mediafire.com/download/qaa9adhn9uf80ek/robost-bcstm.zip
mediafire.com/download/v19tgbtbwl4tt5s/robost-vorbis.zip

I have the full robobot OST uploaded in high quality.

A controller that can run exclusive games? Nice

Yeah its a controller with a screen on it. the rumor is that it will also work with the ps4/steam remote play feature.

Nice. I wonder if by 2018 someone will still be retarded enough to use a Dualshock.

>Mario3d wold
>demo length
babt youre a retard 3d world had a longer campaign than dk freeze.

>campaign
who created this meme and why?

>sp mode?
except a second player can jump in at any time

>story
there is no story

>main game
but its the entere game theres no side shit

recommend me a word to use fucker

>taking babt seriously

don't use a word at all, refer to the game in general, or maybe its content

At least babt tries to have a conversation you're just trying to get it to die by asking to one of the few anons who bother with it to kill themselves :^)

Trying to get Prime 2 from the metroid prime trilogy working on Dolphin. Anyone has recommended settings?, I'm getting quite a lot of bugs.

dolphin has a games list with known bugs and workarounds.
wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Metroid_Prime_2:_Echoes_(Metroid_Prime:_Trilogy)
here you go user.

>tfw got all the humble bundle games by just lurking /v/ and /nintyg/

Wew lad

...ok

It's an amazing technique known as "compression".

>> 140266874
say it a third time for good measure and maybe someone will reply
i mean con-fucking-gratulations to you for not giving any money to charity.

I can't believe Nintendo cited "immersion" for why they're having only one playable game at E3.

strawpoll.me/10064868
strawpoll.me/10064868
strawpoll.me/10064868

I guess nintendo should tell its first party studios about this amazing compression.

>file size equals length
>FILE SIZE EQUALS LENGTH
This might be the stupidest argument I've ever heard in my life. Even coming from babt. I can't even begin to fathom how someone could be this fucking stupid.

Let me give you an example of what you're suggesting.
howlongtobeat.com lists Breath of Fire II for the SNES as being about 38 hours long- way, WAY longer than Mario 3D World and Frozen Dong combined. But when I went and downloaded a ROM of it, the file size came out to about 2MB- roughly 0.001% the size of Mario 3D World. By your logic, I guess it must be only 15 seconds long.

Idiot.

>63 levels in dk freeze
>115 levels in 3d world
...ok

sauce?

Not babt, 3D World may have more levels than Tropical Freeze, but Tropical Freeze level design is way more intricate, so I think it balances out in the end.

You're probably going to spend more time playing an average Tropical Freeze level versus 3D World anyway, especially on Hard Mode.

what am i in for?

So this is the end of the road for the 3DS right? I know Nintendo said the NX wouldn't kill the WiiU or 3DS but are you going to fucking believe them. Pokemon Sun and Moon will proabbly be the last big games for the 3ds and since NX is kind of an hybrid. There won't be a new proper handheld console. also, nintendo plans on making mobile games work with the NX

You are a moron, you cant compare fucking different consoles / art styles / genres. Mario and DK are the exact same

HAHAHAHAHA MARIO 3D WORLD IS 1.5GB MY DICK HOLDS SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT

No one announces games more than a year before release anymore.

nintendo.com/games/detail/xenoblade-chronicles-wii-u

Coming to the eshop tomorrow.

Is Zelda 2017 a NX launch title?

and nobody cares

The NX is coming in early 2017, Zelda 2017 will probably get delayed enough to be called Zelda 2018.

Why no gor? Guess randall is the next biggest fag his names never even spelled right.

It's got EU codes? Sweet, how does it know which to give you?

The last Nintendo one being US only was a bullshit move

>Why no gor?
not enough of a faggot to be included in the poll, wouldnt have got any vote

USA is #1

For any /ywg/ stragglers in here, the threads started up again for EU release and YW3 leaks
Let's keep it running

this time it's only eur

Oh, only games on the same console count?
XCX is 23 GB. So that must make it the best Nintendo game ever made.

from the results it looks like babt is a pretty cool guy that people love and shouldn't have been included on the poll either.

that dog fucker on the other hand, hes gotta go.

...nine..ten...end...dough

>XCX is a platformer
Learn to read

>you cant compare fucking different consoles / art styles / genres
>you cant compare fucking different genres
>different genres
you are afagking

Still on the same console, still valid.

>14 votes
we don't even have that many people here lmao

everyone hates dog fuckers.

i dont

ok randfl go back to your jap shit tier dogs

Randal should resign from discord mod because racist beastiality is gross

Agreed

Agreed

Agreed

Agreed

Samefaggingly agreed

>There is so many great games
There's like a dozen of "great games" and there's a lack of genre variety on the system. It also lived like 1-2 years less than the 3DS.

It's a waste.

Agreed

E

Just refer it to whatever the game calls it (Which is Single-player mode if I'm not mistaken. Which can also be played cooperatively). "campaign" is mostly used for First Person Shooter games.

well randall step down you dog fucker