/agdg/ - Amateur Game Dev General

How to build a company and sell your game edition

>Current Game Jam (Space)
itch.io/jam/agdg-space-jam

>Next Demo Day (X)
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-10

Helpful Links: tools.aggydaggy.com/# (Still in beta)
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg/
SoundCloud:soundcloud.com/groups/agdg-audiofriends

>Chats
discord.gg/chquY2e
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgamedevcrew
webchat.freenode.net/?channels=vidyadev

>Previous Demo Days
pastebin.com/X6fLvtzA

>Previous Jams
pastebin.com/hVhvNWLw

>Engines
GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker
Godot: godotengine.org/
Haxe: haxeflixel.com/
LÖVE: love2d.org/
UE4: unrealengine.com/what-is-unreal-engine-4
Unity: unity3d.com/

>Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org/
blender-models.com/
mayang.com/textures/

>Free audio
machinimasound.com/
freesound.org/browse/
incompetech.com/music/
freemusicarchive.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Lance.DwarfRunner
youtube.com/watch?v=HgNk3gSJte4
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaW5cpjBPpWrO1dRq4PAERAnoX2h2QldR
mega.nz/#!AsYAAa7Q!zVRnaKIecmCaRwjai3JYOCk3s6CkUKABtrs1VAVcHTM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Try r9k

This. Or /v/

now i can't shitpost and progress post because it'll taint my game

fuck you

We need Veeky Forums to sell out stuff we do make games but we cant make them sell. check my game and teach me how to market it!
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Lance.DwarfRunner

okay fagolas i know your intentions were good but i don't think making this thread on a different board is the perfect idea
should've went and bitched about it on /qa/ or something

woah hold up we're in Veeky Forums AND Veeky Forums now?

Please let us migrate here, we'll pretend we're going to make any money from our games but let us have shitpost free threads.

>let's make an off-topic general on a board that isn't a general board because they have Ids and I'm too stupid to filter

This is why the rest of Veeky Forums hate us, /agdg/

This why

reserving id just in case

this is for actual devs that need the Veeky Forums knoledge on how to market our games.

reserving id so some twat doesn't steal it

demo day needs to be postponed 1 more week

>/ knoledge on how to market our games.
Step 1. have a game
Most agdgs fail at this part.

>less than 10 minutes before gogem shitposting

How the fuck did you twats think id's would actually help you fucking morons

now what?

i get the joke. just search for my id. my game is linked. now please give me some insight on how to make it fill my wallet.

There's still a good time before demo day m8. Why don't you try and see what you can get done in this time?

he started it

How do you know you're actually ready to sell the games you make? I always feel like what I can do is not good enough.

rip thread

Show us

I'm working on a game but it's nowhere near being finished or even a presentable state.
How do I make BIG BUCKS from it?

pic unrelated a cute doggy!

I will sell your games for a small commision.

name your price

I'm making a 3d waifu simulator, like a 3d custom girl game. What do you think my strategy should be?

Does this actually works? Can we have a general here without problem?

20%

Maybe.
Currently the shitposters are in overdrive because they are afraid of losing their grazing grounds, so the quality will be even worse for a while.

It's similar to what happened to /asp/, except that we can self-moderate here.

I have an offer you cannot refuse.

youtube.com/watch?v=HgNk3gSJte4

Unchained Melody in 8-bit. Completely free of copyrights. There's no trademark, no intellectual constraint limiting you from using this IP.
The game itself a hack rom for eastern europoor Nintendo. So again nobody owns it.

You can make a feelsy game out of it with that girl, that boy and those 3 birds.
It doesn't even need to have gameplay if you don't want to.

If I had some dev knowledge I would have made it myself, but as it is now I couldn't even program Tetris or Super Mario Bros. At most I could do Pong.

I suggest you make your games always for Android and PC. Android especially gets you a lot of viewers.

IDs won't stop anyone from simply switching IPs to shitpost so this is perfectly pointless.

for a long time i wanted to do a project:
basically it would be the 3d graphics (but same mechanics) version of the old golden axe game that was no only short but had awful graphics in retrospect.

problems are i would never make money off of it because copyright and whatnot. but it's a game i really want to happen.

i think it will be removed.... but only because the name wasnt changed to PGDG

I don't care what is posted here as long as it can make me some money.

You do realize anyone without a static IP can just IP-swap and shitpost freely.

Few shitposters are autistic enough to actually use that.
It's effort.

but then how will you return to your original IP to respond to your game's feedback?

Well I will stay here some time then, is not like I lose something really valuable.

This sounds like a plotline from Welcome to the NHK desu.
Give up. Stay a NEET forever.

This, to be honest.

Our resident src shitter is, just wait.
They won't have games.

Also watch the unique IPs drop.
And see who actually posts progress in these threads.
Having IDs is double-edged.

I really wouldn't feel comfortable posting it in a thread with IDs.

ls there anything more irritating than having a bug and not knowing what's even causing it?

kek

Minus the textured sword is this juicy enough?

I will sell your game to the kids! What are the sounds like?

I just want to make another input to this thread.

PSA: DO NOT post your game in a thread with IDs or people will trace and archive all your posts.

You should try to add more colors to that effect imo.

so?

so people will link your shitposts with your devposts and forever be labelled a menace to AGDG

Fuck off dogposter.

That's where you're wrong. We wont shit post.

>dev posts
Which you have none of.

Kind of different now that you can't freely shitpost your gimmicks huh?

Maybe this thread IS too much cancer for our board.

I really like that fog effect. I hope you have some subtle wind sounds to go with it.

Yeah because I don't want people to link my meme posts with my dev posts.
I learned from last time to keep the two separate.

or maybe no one is dumb enough to give a black shell media wannabe 20%

heh, it's not that
a lot of shitposting

it's not really shitposty right now, it's just a very fast thread for Veeky Forums standards, even though only half of agdg is here

I browse /an/ and I'm used to posting then coming back a week later to check for replies. I don't want us to abuse Veeky Forums but I don't think we're being particularly harmful right now. ultimately it's up to the mods, though

Fair enough

Having a bug, not understanding the problem, then finding out that it's a known issue and that the engine is not supposed to be able to do whatever you were trying to achieve.

>UE4 "Spawn AI from class" node
>why.jpg

That sound nightmarish. Is there a work around you can do?

Yes, spawn the AI via "spawn actor from class" and then posses the actor with it, instead of using "spawn AI from class", which already includes the actor to posses but doesn't let the AI actually posses the actor spawned alongside it, not even if you spawn the actor separately and tell the AI to posses it.

I have no idea why the function even exists.

I can't seem to be able to get creativity going

How do? I keep finding myself plagiarizing existing things, either on purpose or by accident

hi vine
have you tried my well known yesdev game design advice?

>Have a passion for video games.

Yo anons letsthe deving begin.
Finally a place where i can filter spammers,we can dev,explore,shill games together and make a profit.
Im looking forward to this

l'm literally going crazy with this, send help /agdg/ Unity is telling me thet the anim parameters do not exist, yet they do. As this every happend to anyone before?

has this ever happend**

Who is vine? I'm new here

What?

It looks like it's trying to interpret it as a string, yet that's looking like a double to me

I might be wrong though, just approaching from a code standpoint rather than a unity standpoint

animVariable parameter is an int and l am setting it up on the script like this

>anim.SetInteger("animVariable", 1);

I hate to tell you this, but did you try google? posts from 2014 say there was a bug and closing the animator tab then restarting fixed it

Yes, l have even tried to restart the computer. l have no idea what's going on. The variable is actually changed so it works. But that Debug Message there every frame is quite annoying

Thanks for taking the trouble to google it though

oh, so it works but it spits out a warning. are the parameters linked to any animations? maybe unity cleans up unused vars. no idea beyond that though, it works fine for me (5.3.5f 64bit)

l just found out what the error was. For some reason, one child of the object also had the same script and an empty AC

>I'm new here
alright then here's my game development video series youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaW5cpjBPpWrO1dRq4PAERAnoX2h2QldR and an image of my favorite game design truth/bait

anyone wanna play my game?

PLEASE!

alright here it is my friend no charge please enjoy

mega.nz/#!AsYAAa7Q!zVRnaKIecmCaRwjai3JYOCk3s6CkUKABtrs1VAVcHTM

>/agdg/
What the fuck is this doing here
What the fuck are you people doing

Community drama. We'll be gone soon don't worry.

Basically, Veeky Forums is so inherently cancerous that people from this General got tired of the shitposting and went to greener pastures - Which mostly means finding a board with IDs that won't scream about degeneracy if we mention videogames.

Plus, game development is kinda business-like.

>Which mostly means finding a board with IDs that won't scream about degeneracy if we mention videogames.
You came to the wrong board.
>Plus, game development is kinda business-like.
Your thread literally says "amateur" in the name.

video gaymes

This thread is pretty dead by AGDG standards so I don't think this will happen again.

thanks for pushing my brand