XCOM General - /xcg/

A worst edition
previous squadwipe: News:
1)
Julian Gollop - lead developer of the original game X-COM UFO Defense - is working on his new game, Phoenix Point. It's a turn-based tactical game with strategy elements, destructible terrain, geoscape and character progression much akin to XCOM, where the enemy mutates to adapt to the tactics you use.
Also you can target individual body parts in the tactical layer for different effects. A few anons are on the e-mail newsletter for this; ask in the thread for more info.

Here are some links for the curious, though there isn't much yet:
>twitter.com/Phoenix_Point
>phoenixpoint.info/
>pcgamer.com/julian-gollop-announces-new-game-phoenix-point/

2)
The same Julian Gollop held a conference three weeks ago discussing the past, present and possible future of the XCOM franchise and style.
>youtube.com/watch?v=ki3an0wHKzg

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read
>>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

Essential improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, resolutions past 1080p)
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

XCOM2 NEW AND IMPROVED MODLIST, updated regularly:
>>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z
NEW AND WORKING MEGA MOD LIBRARY - Contains literally all mods from the new modlist:
-RECENTLY UPDATED AND COMPRESSED IN ZIP FORMAT
>>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Music For Killing Ayys:
youtube.com/watch?v=PLdYhcxz8-E

Long War download link:
>nexusmods.com/xcom/mods/88/
/xcg/ Modlist
>pastebin.com/nDcMRY3G
Extra perks to add for Training Roulette:
>pastebin.com/cUjBbaFM
Namelist generator:
>daiz.io/xcom-namegen/
Wiki:
>ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Long_War
/xcg/'s Long War FAQ (new players read this shit):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10033297
docs.google.com/forms/d/184bcQTOA-R7DjPACmr5-ad_elNeKicHtaAPyEVbIxIY/viewform?c=0&w=1
pastebin.com/cSrNT3kC
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=674052416&searchtext=
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=674065294
forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=587559&sid=b91e46af1aeb3e3e9e2ceea8bdb2158f
youtube.com/watch?v=kpX3VtT6ltQ
youtube.com/watch?v=iZKTPjxIiLo
youtube.com/watch?v=fXcsXApjfY0
youtube.com/watch?v=mtAUp_imq58
youtube.com/watch?v=zt31dvfmzPI
youtube.com/watch?v=_TRs6J2OEtI
youtube.com/watch?v=KO0qymBgP_8
youtube.com/watch?v=VMNov4oWNHs
youtube.com/watch?v=rcrn8Gng9NY
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=674052416
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pistols

Second for this OP was posted first and has relevant info about the MEGA, let's not start a thread war here

>pic
GET THE POPCORN BOYS

>pic

At least it's game related and no mention of waifu.

Starting shit wasn't my intention, I was just referencing the snekposting and I know the snekposters are good enough lads to not get upset at a clearly tongue in cheek edition name.

Both threads are game related OPs though.

>>Starting shit wasn't my intention

Neither was I. But got quite bothered when things reached Page 09 and everything was too quiet.

more albums when?

>A worst edition
YOU PIECE OF SHIT HOW DARE YOU

jk, good OP

Something snek related

Does RC "Sentinel" 4-5 look dead inside to anyone else? I don't know, I just feel like this here's a bit too "thousand yard stare" vibe even for a sole-survivor whose big sister bled out on a botched op.

Cred to you guys for being so chill, we've had enough OP-drama to last us a century.

I don't think either of us are that bothered, I only made this OP because we were starting to slip off the board and I wanted to make sure we got the improvements in

Also nth for pure innocent codex.

i think anyone who has to participate in your campaigns are dead inside tbqh

Removing Ayys is taxing

I'M NUUUUUCLEAR

I don't know if pure is the right word

She's just proposing a nice cultural exchange with all of those xcom operatives so they can experience the highlights of advent culture from the safety of the Avenger.

Yeah sometimes my troops give me weird looks on the skyranger.

>>we've had enough OP-drama to last us a century.

Honestly this. Again, sorry for the other thread but it's just that things going too quiet for too many turns is often a bad sign for me. It almost means that multiple patrols are about to be activated and there is nothing that can be done about it. Has happened too many times to now.

What does this "cultural exchange" entail?

Is there a mod so my soldiers aren't constantly leaning forward and backward and slapping their legs in the Skyranger?

Experimentation with various crew members and 'cultural' practises, comparison of the size of various body parts and scientific and utility instruments and how effective they are and various important types of research involving the codex in Dr Tygans sex dung- I mean I the shadow chamber

Intriguing.

>>Pistols ARE USEFUL

Fixed that for you.

pistols are useful

Hello?

Operatives are Sleeping.

shh just sleep friend

nightynight

EXALT
X
A
L
T

Gona chop of your dick and grow it into a muton.

But...

truth hurts tbqhwyimhof

shhh the codex and the rest of xcom are all tuckered out from all of the incredible lewdity they partook in it would be rude to wake them

but it's not the truth, snek a best

right?

;_;

Ops can't lie user, its part of their curse

fine

but this isn't over. Not yet.

for you

I'm afraid it is, not only CIA agrees but OP does too!

Repost from last thread:

We're verified to play in the Veeky Forums league 6. There is a high chance we will play in the qualifier first.

First we have a strawpoll with the Old Guard players: strawpoll.me/10033297

Next we have a suggestion doc where you can make some suggestions for the team: docs.google.com/forms/d/184bcQTOA-R7DjPACmr5-ad_elNeKicHtaAPyEVbIxIY/viewform?c=0&w=1
Here is a pastebin with currently selected new teammates: pastebin.com/cSrNT3kC

We'll make a strawpoll soon with these players so you can vote. Top 11 from the Old Guard poll plus 12 from the New Challengers poll will make the team.

no u

Why yes, I do agree that Snek a worst!

Any news on alien hunters?

We have the achievement names

Anyone know how to fix this purple flickering?

Verify game cache and update drivers

PEOPLE IS SLEEPING DUDE CAN'T YOU SEE?!?!?!!

I WOULD BE EXTREMELY PAINFUL IF YOU ACCIDENTALLY AWOKE THEM

FUCK CHARLIE UP
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=674052416&searchtext=

Wow thanks user I overlooked that entirely. I made a tweak in the engine settings a week ago.

Are you being sarcastic?

No

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=674065294

BLACKLIGHT BABY UMF

Oh, glad I could help

YER' A HERO 'ARRY

he was being sarcastic

oh, i feel silly now

he was being sarcastic about him being sarcastic about him not being sarcastic

oh, now I'm confused

Just as Planned.

You're being sarcastic about being confused about him being sarcastic about the other user being sarcastic about the original user not being sarcastic, arent you?

oh, now I have no clue whats happening

oh, i've been rused

Just finished beating the game on commander/ironman without any mission reloads whatsoever.

Holy shit what a fucking intense experience. The last turn of the final battle was literally one missed shot away from a wipe. You have never felt the adrenaline rush from a vidya game before if you haven't seen ~50 hours worth of gameplay flash before your eyes as you're at the mercy of RNJesus for losing or winning it all.

Also fuck you XCOM bugs; solace is supposed to cleanse mind control you piece of shit game. At least the ayylmaos got what they deserved in the end.

>inb4 nice blog
remember to like and subscribe :^)

The end of the last mission is a bitch, luckily if you get wiped you can restart the mission even on IM

>L/I
>get my best team ever going
>really getting attached to them
>2 rangers and a grenadier are my absolute favorite characters in the series
>take them out together on what should be a curbstomp
>everything goes wrong
>they die
How fitting the mission took place in the rain

Nice, blast those filthy ayys

At least none of the bugs still in XCOM2 are as bad as the vanilla XCOM:EU bugs. Teleporting sectopods and not being able to see ayys in adjacent tiles was some serious rage inducing shit

It happens to all of us, I lost my favourite Long War heroes last night on a crashed UFO mission I almost skipped.

Restarting a mission on ironman is for fags.

Had I lost I'd have stopped right there, because it wouldn't truly be one continuous playthrough at that point.

Coincidentally I was looking everywhere for that mod last night because I finally ran into an issue of my abilities not all displaying.

No, the game actually sends you back, there's no reloading involved

That's beside the point. I play ironmeme for the fun of never going back on anything ever. Anything else feels like I'm cheating myself. That way it makes it feel oh so much sweeter when I actually do shit all over those filthy ayys.

I actually ran into this one annoying bug on my run that was pretty bad. A couple times when vipers grabbed my dudes, it set their mobility to zero, and it didn't get properly reset after the viper died, and stayed that way for their permanent stats (was unusable on further missions). I lost several good men that way, since there's no dev console to fix the issue and I play with no reloads, period.

That being said, the LOS indicator in XCOM 2 is a godsend. I actually don't think I'd be able to go back and play LW again without it...

There is a dev console though

Is there a way to change soldier stats from it?

forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=587559&sid=b91e46af1aeb3e3e9e2ceea8bdb2158f
Yup, right at the bottom "SetSoldierStat Command "

>Still no EXALT uniform mod

I mean, you can jury rig some decent uniforms with vanilla + mods

But it's just not the same

I cant look at that tattoo without thinking

>WHAT DO THE NUMBERS MEAN, MASON?!!

Would they not be fairly easy to export to Xcom 2 directly from EW?

Probably helps thats theres NUMBERS MASON music in the OP

Black Ops had a great soundtrack, probably my favorite out of all the CODs

The Blacklight helmets look ace

I still don't think you can beat MW2
youtube.com/watch?v=kpX3VtT6ltQ
youtube.com/watch?v=iZKTPjxIiLo
youtube.com/watch?v=fXcsXApjfY0
youtube.com/watch?v=mtAUp_imq58

I find the Blops1 ost is amazing in game but not so great for listening to outside of the game like the Advanced Warfare one. I have music from every CoD since Cod4 on my phone to listen to when commuting

I asked last thread with no answer, I like the look of the magnetic weaponry and want to keep them on to Tier 3. Is there a mod or an edit I could make so I can still research plasma weapons but keep the look of the magnetic weapons?

Please and thank you

when you research plasma change the damage of mag in the .ini it's real easy

There was a mod for it but from what I've heard it got broken with Anarchies Children

Any working Bronzeman mods that I'm missing? None of them work for me

>he didn't post the best song in the game
come on guy

youtube.com/watch?v=zt31dvfmzPI

>I have music from every CoD since Cod4 on my phone to listen to when commuting
I thought everyone did

I almost posted Contingency track, I prefer the OST version youtube.com/watch?v=_TRs6J2OEtI as theres less repetition.

the entire DC suite is still best youtube.com/watch?v=KO0qymBgP_8

>I thought everyone did
When my colleagues asked what I listened to they were surprisingly interested when i told them so I guess you might be right

Not protocol

fug, theres so much good music its hard to pick, the ingame version is neato too

youtube.com/watch?v=VMNov4oWNHs

It amazes me how many people in this general like CoD.

People take it too seriously its an action movie that harkens back to things like the rock and red dawn

Yeah, when you enjoy it as a yearly action campaign with a fun multiplayer its really hard not to enjoy and made me absolutely love the Ghosts campaign. I was pleasantly surprised by the more complex plot in the latest blops game though.

>welcome to /codg/

You'd think so. It would take some editing to separate the clothing from the rest of the model, but it could be done.

I asked the guy doing the EU/EW ports about it and didn't get a response.

Couldn't agree more, been listening to the new order sound track during my current l/i play through and I thoroughly enjoy it.

forgot link youtube.com/watch?v=rcrn8Gng9NY

New Order was a great game as well, music from other things can really spice up a playthrough

Fuck yeah M60

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=674052416

YES!

/xcg/, would you a dolphin?