/rsg/ - RuneScape General

Mah edition
Previous thread:Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. No requirements.)

>I've been inactive, what did I miss over the past x years
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Update:Game_updates

>Latest Update
services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?15,16,766,65779975

>Latest Patch Notes
youtube.com/watch?v=l0m1eNvECOE
services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,900,65783922

>Latest BTS
youtube.com/watch?v=idC5OSiyqWI

>Money Making Guide
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Mmg

>Gear Guide
services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/gear_guide

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/2007scape/comments/4glrdx/zeah_redesigned
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Revolution/Bars
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Calculator:Revolution?bar
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for river of blood was shit

First for charge drain needs a major nerf

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
-Mah

what are they bitching about now? I cba to sift through their autistic circlejerking to find it myself

nth for autism

do you even airutscape? it's break even/profit, the charge drain is irrelevant

7th for RS3 a shit

>>>/osg/

cb and slayer I suppose.
They'd probably earn you enough to get a bond.

Suck my ass

They want Jagex to hire more devs and suspend all non-Zeah updates to improve Zeah and they're saying that because they're not they're literally WoW/RS3/hitler

xth for the bot nuke is the one thing that killed this game

but wasn't zeah released months ago? why didn't they complain then, why do they suddenly bitch now?
also all the "pull all work to only work on X for months" posts are retarded
do they have any idea about the real world

From my searching (please kill me, that place is cancer) someone made this post reddit.com/r/2007scape/comments/4glrdx/zeah_redesigned about making Zeah not shit and Jmods said it wasn't worth the time and money to do.

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>YOUNG GODS GET OUT

yeah that shit is cringe to read
from another thread
>Most of the people that make posts like this have no idea how the real world actually works. I mean this guy literally just thinks as simple as "hiring more developers". Like, really man? That's not how a company or a business works. This entire subreddit is a circle jerk for people like OP.
>If you were in charge of a multi-million dollar company, would you choose to take your business advice from a professional business consultant with years of experience, or from a random reddit user with zero track record of success in business?
OP can have his say... but Jagex would be wise not to take his opinion seriously. OP doesn't work for Jagex and Jagex isn't providing him with the information he needs to make well-informed business suggestions.

Mod Mat K's response to that is worth a read, he even said last time they recruited for OSRS they got 200 applications, 3 of which went to interview and only one of which was suitable for the team.

OSRS may be a bit of a passion project but it is a corporate investment as well

>OSRS gets Zeah
>OSRS gets far more contant than RS3

Im not trying to bait, but i read about zeah and the osrs bossing and wondered why does it seem that OSRS is getting more actual content than us?, we just seem to get more and more MTX shit while the OSRS team gives them more content.

Will eastern lands be our Zeah?
But more importantly,
Will we ever see Menaphos?

Have you seen the the osrs subreddit, they're throwing a shitfit over how shit and content deprived Zeah is.

We still get far more content, just not all of it is as impressive sounding as new continent

After looking at the maps, zeah looks empty.
Purposeless.

>NXT
>GWD2
>Invention
>River of Blood
>weekly patches
you serious nigga

Damn, I sure wish we had Zeah, I mean look at it, its so well designed and full of content!

what the fuck is with all the water sources?

Whats the best p2p skill to train after getting member if im only lvl72 lads?

Its good design

How?
Water sources aren't necessary for fucking anything.

Honestly no matter how much they try to clean osrs i'll always be turned off by the toxic elitist casual community and inferior interface to a decent game.

Also i want fucking menaphos and i'll be the first to throw the shitstorm at jagex corporate if we dont get it. Because thats apart of the game in the first place.

It's like they didn't apply scale theory at all to zeah

Who thought this was a good idea?

>>NXT
>>GWD2
>>River of Blood
>>weekly patches
Ill concede these, i didnt think of it this way and am retarded.
We do get a lot more lore and im okay with that.
>>Invention
Its getting better but as many have said its a blatant gold sink, and not a good gold sink like prayer or construction.
Probably wrong there but ill learn something new from the replaies.

slayer. might make you profit enough for bonds.

You just can't appreciate the brilliance of Zeah.

even the name sounds retarded.

I bet you 1 BILLION dollars the name has to do with Zezima.

Invention isn't a gold sink, its an item sink that has worked superbly.

the name is based on one of the jmods gfs name, i'll take my billion dollars please

this, get into farming as well for them herb runs. Fairy Tale 1 will give you a fair head start in levels, and you want the magic secateurs reward.
try getting your runecrafting to 50 too if you haven't so you can do vis wax.

The best thing about OSRS is all of the retarded shit its devs do

There is a girl streamer that asks Jmods to ban people from her training spots.

Its the same girl that faked cancer for streamer donations.

EMILY
M
I
L
Y

I feel really weak. It takes me a long ass time to kill anything during slayer tasks. Am I doing something wrong? I have a magic shortbow and a blue d'hide set ready for when those range/defense hit 50. Adamant arrows.

turn on revolution

what are you fighting? you might be getting tasks where you should be using mage instead.

Thanks lads time to sink time into grinding

this 1st

ranged is just shit dps compared to the other skills unless you replace a few abilities in the revo bar with ones you have to unlock.

Magic suffers a bit from this too, but it doesn't have an ability as stupid as snipe.

Melee, because jagex loves meleefags, does not have any problems getting good dps with normal abilities.

what i did when i was a lower level was use a lot of super potion flasks. with the stats i found i killed things faster and stayed for a lot longer.

So if you're focusing on ranged then you should use super ranging flasks and super defense flask if you can afford it. And for slayer tasks shouldn't you accommodate to the easier way of killing things?

Revolution as in the combat mode? Will that increase my damage or just make it afk-able?

I though ranged was supposed to be really good, I was told it was the best option and I always went ranged in OSRS because I liked needing to make arrows

Been getting mostly tasks for level 60-70 mobs. Fighting a lot of feral vampyres and hill giants lately. Giants are easy but the vampyres take me a bit, even with a holy symbol.

Oh that's a good idea. Maybe I'll grind up herbalism and farming some then. Been meaning to anyway.

It's something, enjoy your treasure hunter update and contrived gimmicky conclusion to an epic questline with none of the original devs who worked on it.

>Will that increase my damage or just make it afk-able?
no those guys, but the eoc does a lot of damage and is designed for some huge abilities to do a lot of damage without you clicking anything. You'll understand it once you try it, and you might want to look at the EOC guide on the wiki as well.

Also use the loot you get to buy potions!

I actually think scale theory is retarded and wish that they would commit some serious effort into making the gameworld feel larger. Priff is good, just do to all the cities what they did for that. It feels large and populated, despite not physically being all that big.

>even with a holy symbol
Holy shit. How new are you?
Nigga, you dont need a holy symbol for vampyres.

Yes.
Revolution normally increases your dps by a lot.
Unless you've got the reflexes and autism to pull off manual ability synergy.

And ranged is a shit.
It's basically only useful for QBD.

Melee is fun, and high level is one of the best ways to fight.

Magic is ok, I used it primarily when the EoC came out.

runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Revolution/Bars
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Calculator:Revolution?bar

>Revolution as in the combat mode? Will that increase my damage or just make it afk-able?
makes it more afk-able. won't really increase your dps unless you're just bad at manual. look on the wiki for good revo set-ups.
>Fighting a lot of feral vampyres and hill giants lately
don't know about vampyres, but hill giants are weak to mage. I've never heard of a holy symbol helping with vampyres, you're probably just fighting the juveniles/savages so you don't really need anything special to deal with them.

>OSRSfags
>caring about lore or quests in any way

You autistic xp obsessed cunts have no idea what you're talking about.
LoV was the "end." And it was epic as fuck.
RoB was tying up the loose ends.

>unironically defending Zeah

I'll read up on it, thanks.
>Loot
The most notable thing I've gotten from Slayer so far has been like 3 royal d'hides from those grub things and an uncut dragonstone. Whole lot of seeds from those vampyres though.

What? It decreases their defense and attack when they get near you. I'm just using a shitty +16 ranged necklace anyway.

Thanks for the links. I'm probably going to stick with ranged because of stubborn autism but I guess I can make the best out of it

enjoy your toxic casual gurl streamers and their jmod boyfriends

There are still a fuckton of loose ends desu.

I want to go back to Vampyrium.

>this much damage control over a literal dead continent
dude just face it
the OSRS community and it's mods are complete fucking shit

Most of those loose ends may involve elder god stuff, and possibly our patron god of autism, zaros.

Given shit like daeyalt's connection to The Catalyst, and shit like the world gate being the only way to get to vampyrium now.

Also, the next quest has to be set sixth age, which is probably why the peace happened.

It may all break down in the inevitable sixth age quest.

enjoy your private server-tier content

The loose ends were pretty deliberate, they want to keep Morytania open for a sixth age continuation probably involving saradomin, zimzam and zaros

>zimzam
This makes me smile everytime. Why is this so hilarious to me?

>What? It decreases their defense and attack when they get near you.
I've never legitimately heard this. The salve amulet is the only thing that I've heard of having a similar effect.

Seeds and stuff can actually be quite valuable.
Herb runs are a good way to make money if you can stomach farming.

Also, don't mix and match styles of armor and weapon, that hurts accuracy.
As does not using the right weakness.

At a certain point, accuracy become irrelevant, and you can use whatever style you want.
But for the early stages I'd go with the weakness that comes up on the overlay.
Don't worry about the specific subtypes, that's not as important, especially with ranged, which has a serious style accessibility problem.

It's a fun nickname

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.>>>>>>>>>new content
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>people get paid for this

>killed wyrd before he killed the icyene
>skipped half the battle

nice

because you can't flimflam him

I mean yeah it's shit but it just makes zeah look like an eyesore that isn't consistent with the rest of the game world at all

Hopefully they'll keep that in mind of Eastern Lands, they've said a full rework of the game world to make the world bigger isn't financially viable sadly.

I don't understand why people would want this. I mean, its not like every place you would want to go to in rs has a teleport to it. I dont see the point.

but saradomin whimwhamed him!

And Jagex completely undid that, Zimzam is the only god to sort of beat Sliske too

Honestly I don't even think a full world rework is even necessary, they just need to stop jam-packing areas.

There's like 8 points of interest right at the gate between Falador and Taverly, it's like an amusement park.

Putting The Heart where they did was also p. dumb. There's a whole desert to stick it, yet they stuck it five steps away from Nardah and the agility pyramid.

Nah, apparently salve amulet doesn't even work on the feral vampyres, at least according to the wiki.
I really need to get into farming. I'll start that up once I get ranged to 50. I just to use my new equipment.
I'll look into combat more then. I just figured it was straight forward and simple but I guess there's those little things to consider.

Salve amulet wouldn't make sense to work on them, vampyres aren't undead

They should do what they did with ports and have new content go into portaled or signposted areas that aren't on the main map but still exist in that location according to the lore and scale theory, similar to the Ratcatcher mansion

>tfw keep getting kicked out of /rsg/ chat
o-ok

>already got 6 blood necklace drops
>still no hexhunter bow

why is making money in this game so shit

buy low sell high, not hard

it's easy though

Since I have to hunt them again I took a screenshot. I'll sort out the revolution stuff next time I need to grind Slayer. I'm close to 50 range then I'm going to take a break from combat stuff.

Hex is shit, use a sag short

Huh. Zezima in W105 Prif waterfall

i'm heading on over to suck his dick right now

remember when the whole world would go nuts if Zezima logged into it?

>manually pressing your skills == autism
>game pressing your skills for you == better dps
explain your shit

Hey who's your guys favorite runescape3 streamer?... Oh wait nvm. Nobody wants to show their faces playing that game xd

tony

Dardan

tony or dragonseance

tfw no more darblesauce because he has a job and shit now that he cares about a lot more than streaming

Justice

>watching streamers

to the level 30 /rsg/ memelord flaunting your insecurities in world 1, no one gives a fuck about your phat or your 3rd age dyes.

thank you.

S A V A G E
A
V
A
G
E

rs3 BTFO how will they ever recover?

>watching twitch streams

>being this new

>hating twitch streams makes you new
That place has been a cancer pit since it started. Only newfags think all the emotes and donation screamers are entertaining.

>being this edgy for no reason