/vn/ - Root Mug edition

Visual Novel General #1075

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT

>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:

1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Visual Novel Translation Status
warosu.org/jp/?task=search2&search_tripcode=!!UcDDlzwANFs&search_op=op

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk

Previous threads:
pastebin.com/zeiYgLrs

This general is for the discussion of Japanese visual novels.

Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

hardcoregamer.com/2016/04/27/highly-anticipated-visual-novel-root-double-launches-today/204230/
honestgamers.com/6672/pc/bible-black/review.html
honestgamers.com/7373/pc/bazooka-cafe/review.html
honestgamers.com/9019/pc/heartwork/review.html
honestgamers.com/3186/saturn/pia-carrot-e-youkoso/review.html
honestgamers.com/3681/pc-fx/welcome-to-pia-carrot/review.html
sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=1999031
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'll ask again.
Guys, who do I contact if I didn't get my mug from SP?

Second for ima eat that anime booty

I'm not saying they aren't at all, some elements are present, but no one thinks of those when you speak of SF.

I remember some shittalking about root beer from a sci-fi VN. Was it from Remember11?

I like lolis.

Don't forget to pirate Sekai's releases!

How do I pay for anime interactive books if NEET?

Doddler.

Asians really hate root beer because it reminds them of the taste of medicine. Go look at YouTube videos of Japanese people trying root beer.

Yeah, they'd think of more stereotypical things, but I don't really see the relevance. The books're sci-fi through and through.

Wasn't it S;G?

>barely any hype for House in Fata Morgana

Credit card fraud

don't tell me they used USPS again
fuckers can't even get my address right, I should have something delivered back in February and it got sent back, rip

They're dystopian/apocalyptic literature first and foremost which are just a form of speculative fiction. 1984, Fahrenheit 451 and The Road don't even really have sci-fi elements at all

Why would there be hype if the KOTY (kamige of the year) Root Double just came out?

it's a fucking moege without H

boy it's like a book without words

I think they're just "fiction" more than science fiction. If we go by the google definition, those books are less about the science and more about the message.

No it's not.

So, a movie?

>Speculative fiction is a broad umbrella category of narrative fiction... that encompasses the genres of science fiction, fantasy, science fantasy, horror, alternative history, and magic realism.
Maybe they lean away from sci-fi, but I wouldn't go so far as to object to their placement on a science fiction list.

Oh yes it is.

Torrent is going to take a few days isn't it

Do I need to play Zero Time Dilemma before Root Double?

more like a notebook

that would be a time dilemma if you do that now desu

Only 1 (one) medium covered Root Double's launch.

hardcoregamer.com/2016/04/27/highly-anticipated-visual-novel-root-double-launches-today/204230/

>not $35 edition

Still better than any MG release. And RD being a KS game means it already has a guaranteed audience from all the KS hype. It'll still do a lot better than MG's recent releases.

>Speculative fiction is a broad umbrella category of narrative fiction... that encompasses the genres of science fiction, fantasy, science fantasy, horror, alternative history, and magic realism.

These are all sub-genres of speculative fiction, which is a broader term for literature that has unrealistic elements. The subgenres are entirely separate from one another, although it's obviously for possible for something to share elements from different genres.
"Science-fiction" is supposed to have science and technology play a key role in the story. 1984, Fahrenheit 451 and The Road don't have any technologically or scientifically futuristic elements at all.

Fuck off, dovac.

>hardcoregamer
lol, what is with shitty websites named "*insert something* gamer" and VNs? christcenteredgamer and honestgamer had good VN reviews too.

>1984, Fahrenheit 451 and The Road don't have any technologically or scientifically futuristic elements at all.
Er... I guess we have different understandings of what technology is.

>christcenteredgamer
jesus christ that's a bad name

>Streaming Policy
>Let's Plays that cover Roots A and B are fine. Anything that goes past the end of both routes (in other words, Roots C, D, and the Xtend Episode) is forbidden.

What did he mean by this?

They're not translated yet

How does it feel to princess carry the girl you love /vn/?

Tokyo Babel had people upload lets plays / walkthroughs of the entire game with no commentary. Therefore they are saying people can't do that.

How will MG recover from this? SP just released the kamige Root Double while MG released the kusoge Tokyo Babel recently. Is MG finished?

1984 is in no sense a work of science fiction. The purpose of the book is as an outlet for Orwell to show his disgust at totalitarian solutions to societies problems. Any sociological predictions that exist in the book are only extreme extrapolations of what had already existed in Stalin's Russia, Hitler's Germany and to some extent Churchill's Britain, during the 1930s and 40s. As for technological advances, again there are none that didn't already exist in some form or another at the time of writing.

What?

From where are you getting this information? All it seems like they're doing is trying to get people to buy the game instead of watching it.

What are C, D, and Xtend? They're just bonus contents, right?

One thing we know for sure is that your shitposting is not finished.

This is a really pedantic discussion and I disagree with your understanding of certain words. I'll save us both the tedium of rigorously defining words and say let's agree to disagree.

I haven't read 1984 or F451 in ages, apparently Fahrenheit 451 had a robot dog I forgot about. I'm almost certain 1984 has nothing that isn't plausible with 20th century, though.

Don't you have Fate shitposting to do on other threads?

It shills Sekai stuff too.

I guess dovac is a christian.

he's kidding dude

It sounds like they're the routes that reveal all the twists.

I'd like to see 1984's spy network, camera/mic systems, etc with 1949 technology

Nothing I wrote was an opinion. If you can't come up with arguments to defend your point, so be it, but don't embarrass yourself with excuses. As a matter of fact, Orwell looked down on genre writers and definitely didn't consider his own work as such.

Fucking what. God damn it.

My plans are ruined.

by the way, honestgamer has great nukige reviews, all written by moralfags
>honestgamers.com/6672/pc/bible-black/review.html
>honestgamers.com/7373/pc/bazooka-cafe/review.html
>honestgamers.com/9019/pc/heartwork/review.html
but that one is the best because of how fucking positive it is:
honestgamers.com/3186/saturn/pia-carrot-e-youkoso/review.html

I didn't say anything opinions. If you think language your language is objectively correct then I really don't want to talk to you.

THIS SHITPOST MUST BE THE WORK OF AN ENEMY STAND

>honestgamers.com/3186/saturn/pia-carrot-e-youkoso/review.html
oh fuck I'm sorry, that is wrong. this is the actual best one:
>honestgamers.com/3681/pc-fx/welcome-to-pia-carrot/review.html

Sure are a lot of butthurt devs in here.

Good that we established that you got blown the fuck out.

SP should have been able to market to all the Zero Infinity casuals, while no one gives a fuck about Tokyo Babel except for the few hundred people in the West who played Ayakashibito.
Bad sign if RD flops.

Zero Infinity casual here

They successfully marketed to me, can confirm

>few hundred
>played ayakashibito
lol, "few hundred poeple who tried to read it until the pissing part" maybe

>except for the few hundred people in the West who played Ayakashibito.
Those people are the ones most disappointed actually.

And RD is a good solid game for everyone, whereas Babel is extremely flawed and ultimately a failure.

>already a new thread

SLOW DOWN YOU NIGGERS

don't worry, previous thread was 99% shitposting not even exaggerating

What pissing part? I read every route but suzu's or did i block it from my mind

oh boy who sure have a strong mind

I'm not gay, will I enjoy Root Double?

What counts as shitposting?

It's on the beggining, when Sousichi and Suzu are staying at that dude's house and Suzu tries to pee but she can't, so Sousichi has to help her.
The CGs give us a view of the process from the WC's point of view

>$35
if it aint uchikoshi it aint worth that much

Brands worth paying full price for:
August
Light
Bishop

Am I missing anyone? Not including Type Moon since they don't release anything.

Is the crop user around? I've been looking for him for the last 4 days.

I hate to proclaim a game "the best of all time", as something better could come along, but as far as I can see, Pia Carrot is the best hentai game of all time. It's a believable experience, in a genre that basks in the ludicrous. It contains well-timed full frontal nudity, in a genre that becomes more unrealistically conservative with each new console generation (yet more gratuitously sexual each year on the Japanese PC). Come on developers, try to strike a balance between total chastity and five-girls-at-once! But even in the particulars, Pia never did try to be like the rest. After all, it even featured full cast voice-acting -- at a time when the genre typically assigned voices only to the females. Everything about this game, from the presentation to the interface to the content to the hidden secrets, is so carefully constructed that I absolutely cannot imagine any way in which it could have been improved.

In other words, Pia Carrot is a singular occurrence in the console gaming world -- a provocative work forged in the kiln of reality, but steeped in hot-blooded youthful fantasy. Between missed opportunities and general clumsiness, few boys actually live the way Yusuke lives, but Welcome to Pia Carrot makes such a life seem possible, even noble. The game lets you take your own wistful 20/20 hindsight and apply it to Yusuke's summer of love -- and from there build a better world, even if only for two.

>one-trick pony uchikoshi

>August
>Light
>Bishop
Are you being ironic? I really can't tell.

>brands
None is because all of them have some subpar games. Writer is a better indicator.

>"same twist in every game" Uchikoshi
>better than Nakazawa

Nope.
August, Light, and Bishop have never (recently) produced a game not worth their asking price.

I can fap to NTR without giving it much tought, but when it comes to jelousy stories I get really damn triggered

What's my problem?

You're gay.

NTR can be really great.

You're a faggot

>Bishop
Garbage art, garbage fetishes.

Are you just ignoring everything from Light that isn't Masada?

I did not ask for the opinion of a pleb.
No, those games aren't amazing but they're worth reading the majority of the time. Far above most games.

Please kill yourself and rid us of your idiocy.

I'll admit to not having read Zero Infinity -Devil of Maxwell-, if that's the game in particular that rubs you the wrong way.

Rude. Delete your post right now or I'll report you.

>no RD screenshots
So no one bought it here? kek

Torrent when

>although I don't know about great.
Nice translation.

Your post counts as shitposting.

sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=1999031

is this game any good?

Game = really good
TL = literally copy/pasted from google translate tier

>no RD screenshot
I knew you guys were a bunch of pirates.

It's an edited machine TL and the story is said to be one of Eushully's best. Still, I doubt it'll ever get translated another way so go for it if you want. It's a fun RPG

Bad translation everywhere.

That's completely out of context. It could make sense in context if you knew english.

*kisses you on the lips*
h-hi user, what VN are you reading right now? tell me more.

I hate you.

looks like perfect english