/drg/ - Danganronpa General

Last thread: Birthday edition.

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!

>News
DR3 anime to be split into two parts "Future" and "Despair"
famitsu.com/news/201603/26102228.html

Famitsu scans for upcoming DR3 anime:
i.imgur.com/tJ0SWA6.jpg
i.imgur.com/aW1rhbs.jpg

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

New Dangan Ronpa V3 is scheduled to be released in 2016 on PSVita and PS4.
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=FfMqURJ3ZfE
Dangan Ronpa 3 will be a new anime scheduled for release in 2016.
Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=R9AQjGxQGdw

Interviews with Danganronpa Writer and Creator Kazutaka Kodaka
nichegamer.com/2015/03/danganronpa-interview-with-writer-and-creator-kazutaka-kodaka/
archive.today/4MSAe

Some new info about DR3/DRV3
gematsu.com/2015/12/new-danganronpa-v3-scrum-panic-debates

DR3 Profiles
jinjojess.tumblr.com/post/143495291903/mirai-hen-character-profiles

>FAQ
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT

>Downloads/Manga/Novels/Character Charts
pastebin.com/pdnTF6zW

Other urls found in this thread:

taima
mega.nz/#!EQJwUDjA!eWvNdUOq7MnUY234eGGN131s7lcX7TrchgXE9iKW4yQ
mega.nz/#!YFxTGbJZ!BOqorqKp_dCMIySKGyMrsZx-emkHCda6cIJ6AfCmY5I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Chihiro.

Also forgot to add this:
>www filedropper com/drgtv The stream / chatroom (drg tv) is ready and that file contains instructions for getting set up. Link to stream is taima tv/r/drg.

>If you are interested in streaming or participating in the group events, please download the instructions. I am currently streaming case 2-2 as a test run. Feel free to drop in to get an idea what the service is like.

>We are currently tentatively agreed to watch DR2 Stage (raw) on Friday night. Time hasn't been decided yet. If you're interested in joining us on Friday for the stage play viewing, feel free to suggest a time you'd be free so we can get some idea where we all stand. Thanks.

Ibuki!

B is for Best Boy.

>Inserting smiling Saionji

>liking worst girl

He's the Crypt of the Necrodancer Dangan Ronpa remixes from the last thread. Should also be added to the pastebin.

OGG: mega.nz/#!EQJwUDjA!eWvNdUOq7MnUY234eGGN131s7lcX7TrchgXE9iKW4yQ
MP3: mega.nz/#!YFxTGbJZ!BOqorqKp_dCMIySKGyMrsZx-emkHCda6cIJ6AfCmY5I

Come on, you can do it! Everyone believes in you!

Dammit OP you could have at least add in the new scans

I can see the good that has the potential to come from the bad if given enough care a flower can come from a seed.

Not OP but here are the translations

I linked the translation, didn't even know that someone had already done this edit:

There's three typos I missed:

1. Chisa's section, should be 'school' not schol
2. Ruruka's section, accidentally left candy maker, should be confectionist.
3. Ryouta's section, should be Mitarai, not Miterai.

I'm tired but I hope you guys can forgive those fuck ups.

>Via the Biggest, Worst Incident in the History of Mankind, SHSL Zetsubou has driven the former world to destruction. In order to save this despair-soaked world, the Future Foundation was formed.
Naegi and his fellow 78th Class classmates, having defeated Enoshima Junko, have joined the Future Foundation. There they are working to rebuild the world, but Naegi has been charged with the crime of treason for protecting the Remnants of Despair. Everyone gathered for Naegi’s punishment has been trapped by Monokuma and thrust into the “Final Killing Game”. Everyone is fitted with a strange bracelet that releases a sleeping potion at a fixed time. While asleep, the traitor in their midst kills a Future Foundation member.
To survive, they’ll have to ferret out the traitor and stop the killing.
The class trial rules do not apply to this killing game. Naegi and the others have been driven into a desperate kill or be killed situation.
The tale of hope and the despair that kills hope begins now.

There is something unnaturally cute about dancing Monokuma.

>There is something unnaturally cute about Monokuma

FTFY

Taichi is an user on here?

Why does Monomi exist IRL, I thought she was a construct of Alter Ego

Did Chihiro like bunnies

The traitor could have liked Monomi and decided to create a real one.

Noice picture, gonna save.

Cause you can't have a Monokuma return without a Monomi to beat up

Maybe she was already built, but was made into a copy into the simulation to help Chiaki in the rehabilitation.

But then if that's true, wouldn't she have been Usami? It's kinda confusing what's going on with her.

Huh Hajime is the only one who doesn't have his class number down.

Wonder why

Why is he wearing a Christmas hat?

>tfw can't find any tabs for the dr2 opening song
is this despair?

He's a reserve student, idiot.

Did you not play DR2 at all?

They literally explain why

He's a reserve course student

I know that you dummies.

But even if he's a reserve course student he still entered Hope's Peak the same time as them so he'd have a class number.

It says right there 'Reserve Course'. He's not a part of any Hope's Peak classes, he's a nobody for the majority of this, you idiot.

Also he was grouped with the other DR2 students as class 77 in the last PV. If he really isn't then they could have just excludes him just like they did with Chiaki and have those 14 only.

OK then smartass then what does that make Izuru?

That's what we're gonna find out in the anime. But on the famitsu scan it says 'Reserve Course'. Deal with it, idiot.

That's for SDR2's story, you know, where everyone's memories were wiped and they had no idea who was and wasn't a traitor. Hajime was the one who didn't belong along with Chiaki.

Not that user but it makes him not apart of the Reserve Course anymore.

He's considered a main student like the others hence the titles but at the same time didn't attend any classes since nobody knew he existed besides a few.

We'll see the deal with how they categorize Izuru in detail in the anime

>That's what we're gonna find out in the anime. But on the famitsu scan it says 'Reserve Course'. Deal with it, idiot.

I guess even you don't know what Izuru is even when it's pretty obvious.

>That's for SDR2's story, you know, where everyone's memories were wiped and they had no idea who was and wasn't a traitor. Hajime was the one who didn't belong along with Chiaki.

Until he became Izuru. And besides we don't know if the reserve course goes through the same class numbers as the main course.

So I figured.

I'm surprised they didn't give Izuru his own profile even though he's Hajime but still. Spoilers wouldn't mean shit the moment you notice Chiaki isn't with them and Twogami doesn't look like Togami. So might as well go balls deep and add in Izuru or mention him. But I guess they're saving all that shit for when the anime airs and when we see Hajime get fucked over in the head

A casual reader who has never played Danganronpa wouldn't infer much by Twogami or Chiaki's absence in a DR3 sheet, considering they wouldn't know the implications behind their absence, or even know of their existence.

Telling people about Izuru spoils DR2's big plot twist.

Well to be fair the only people who would be taken by storm by this whole DR3 anime thing would be the DR1 anime only fags who keep whining about a second season.

So they wouldn't know what's a spoiler or not in DR3 Despair since they didn't play the game at all.

And I mean even the latest PV which was spoilers for those who didn't play the games has them mentioning and showing Izuru.

You could do the same here

Ryouta is supposed to be in class 77 with them but he's missing.
He didn't become despair, and Twogami is posing as him.

However when Twogami first got into the school, he was posing as Byakuya.

So those profiles must be like a year or so older after starting their school life.

Happy Birthday to best boy! Are you celebrating in any way, /drg/?

or maybe the Imposter is really the true Ryouta

>So those profiles must be like a year or so older after starting their school life.

That's what I'm thinking since the Imposter isn't posing as Togami anymore, Akane and Sonia have longer hair everyone looks different in some ways.

However it makes me wonder if Hajime went a whole year at Hope's Peak Academy as a reserve course student and then his second year got picked for the Hope Cultivation Project which turned him into Izuru.

Unless I'm mistaken

Wait, so if the despair portion happens before the future portion, that means the twogami was pretending to be that other guy before he was even a character that was known canonically

I'm ready to learn whatever shit got them to know each other

I don't think it's going to be as straightforward as you think

Ryouta himself is supposed to be from class 77.

So he should be in the same class as the DR2 students including Twogami who's already posing as him.

Being in the same class as a guy who's using your identity doesn't make any sense to me.

Unless they're one and the same.

Jesus Gundam looks like such a dork with that haircut.

He does look sickly compared to the healthy, blush cheeked "Ryouta" we see ih the Despair Volume and he's said to wants to "fill the world with hope".

Hmmm..

Holy shit guys
What if Twogami was the one who starved himself for junko, and that right there is a skinnier Twogami

Maybe it's just the lighting of the image but the "fake" Ryouta's eye color look a bit different than the "real" Ryouta's eye color.

Or maybe I'm just color blind or something

Pretty sure it's lightning, the adult Ryouta image looks darker/grayer in general.

but Twogami is supposed to be comatose so what is he doing over in FF?

Yeah. I figure it might just be the lighting and brightness of the colors for the Despair Arc characters vs the darker color tone in the Future Arc characters.

But I don't think the eye colors would actually change that much so you may be onto something.

That's a good question user
I guess we'll have to figure it out when we watch the anime

Use your ear, you silly musician wannabe

I figured it was probably lighting. But even so why such a stark difference in appearance from a plump and blush cheeked boy to a skinny pale sick boy?

Something doesn't add up here.

But I guess we'll have to wait and see what the anime has to say about this.

MARK MY WORDS. THAT RYOUTA IS THE REAL IMPOSTER. HE IS NAGITO. NAGITO IS SICK. HE WANTS TO DROWN THE WORLD IN HOPE. RYOUTA IS SICK AND HE ALSO WANTS TO DROWN THE WORLD IN HOPE.

TWOGAMI IS THE REAL RYOUTA MITARAI.

SAVE THIS POST

MARK MY WORDS

IT WILL COME TRUE

You high user, 'cause I want some of that 420 dope.

I mean, the plump part is just Twogami so no problems here, and Ryouta's probably been through some shit since school days until FF, maybe was diagnosed with some sort of long-term sickness after school. Unless I'm wrong and confusing everything.

>Despair Volume Introduction
The private establishment of "Hope's Peak Academy" is a government official school that gathers Senior High School Students from all fields to research their talents. In addition to Super High School Level Talents, regular high school students can attend normal classes for a high tuition fee known as the Reserve Course.

Talent was not the only aspect considered, but also personality that came from a certain individual of the 77th class. However it was not so much of their talents but more of there persistence, "The most important thing of someone's life is to value the personality as well as talent as that can make the most memories." was what was said from a normal high school student that embraced this school.

However, accomplishments of a Mysterious Protect surfaced under the water, once was segregated is now widely known to the school.

A boy from the reserve course, Hinata Hajime, had longed for talent. An occurrence will soon be pre-destined between his future and the school's guidance to which he doesn't expect.

This will be the story of the Tragedy.
Despair will end, this is the tale of Hope.

Yes they are

He's the birthday boy

They said Twogami during his first year at the school posing at the school felt confident enough at some point to show his true identity to his classmates meaning he must have gotten close with the DR2 characters in his first year which kinda reflects with how he wanted to protect them in game.

So it explains why he doesn't have Togami's disguise anymore during his second year.

Because not only is the real Togami attending but because he didn't feel the need to use identities anymore since he felt confident enough to show his real identity thanks to his classmates.

So I actually do buy into the theory that he really is Ryouta. People are going to be naturally assume he's impersonating Ryouta from Future Foundation when the shocking truth it's the other way around.

Well things were going well for the Imposter before Junko came along and broke him somehow.

I could get on board with that

>Talent was not the only aspect considered, but also personality that came from a certain individual of the 77th class. However it was not so much of their talents but more of there persistence, "The most important thing of someone's life is to value the personality as well as talent as that can make the most memories." was what was said from a normal high school student that embraced this school.

So I guess this is why Jin and the rest of the committee chose Hajime out of the rest of the reserve course students.

He longs for talent, understands it and understanda the other aspect besides talent that makes a true success.

He truly was worthy.

I'm finishing up the fapfic I started like two weeks ago

I want to hug Impostor! He/She is probably so soft!

Ibuki, get off the computer, you're supposed to be in a coma.

Or at the very least, comfort Depressionfag.

>tfw taima is down again
How about midnight CEST/6pm EDT? I'm free anytime, but I think it'd be a good time to start.

>Talent was not the only aspect considered, but also personality that came from a certain individual of the 77th class.

So I guess the reserve and main courses go by the same school year system. Where's that user who was saying he wasn't in class 77?

But thanks for the translation Taichi kun!

It was up all day, then you come on and it's dead again. You're like SHSL Bad Luck.

That time works for me.

>"The most important thing of someone's life is to value the personality as well as talent as that can make the most memories." was what was said from a normal high school student that embraced this school.
>value personality

It's kinda funny coming from a guy who had such low confidence in himself.

>However, accomplishments of a Mysterious Protect surfaced under the water, once was segregated is now widely known to the school.

What does this even mean?

>What does this even mean?
They're hinting towards the Kamukura Project as that was top secret.

Anytime!

Aw man. I hope it doesn't go down when we're going to watch.

Besides that, how you doing? Were there any suggestions about movies to watch besides DR?

Your insanity actually bears some semblance of sense so I will buy into this theory as well user.

Ohhh that makes sense.

Though it says the project was made known to the school as a whole including the ultimates and also the reserve students.

Now how they went about choosing their lab rat for this project will be interesting to see in the anime. Since they couldn't just walk up and ask reserve course students if they want to get brain surgery.

Dress it up as "you want to have talent so you can transfer to the main school?"
They'd all jump to that or most of them would especially Hajime

I wanna see how they chose him

/drg/ which character are you most interested in seeing in the anime(s)

and don't just list your husbando or waifu

Hm... All the ones I like are dead before the FF anime. I'd like to see how Sonia and Soda grew also I'd like to see what Sonia has done to her body. I'd like to see if the dumb characters are smarter.

SHSL Maid in the FF anime
Twogami in the Despair anime

SLSH Farmer because he seems like a bro

Impostor in the other one

Yu Narukami

That is all

Maybe I'll find someone new to like. Though I could be being too positive.

>That voice cracking

I giggled

What does Nihil means?

Latin for "nothing"

Literally nothing.

as one of the few here that liked all the DR1 survivors, I gotta say I'm the least hype about Makoto, Kyoko, Aoi, and Hagakure. New characters are just inherently more interesting than old characters usually. We kinda know what the deal is with those four characters.

Who do you want to see as first victim in the Anime?

>Learns from Sakura
>Learns from Nekomaru
Danganronpa taught me to never trust tan chicks they get you killed especially if they are athletic.

Why does birthday boy look so sad?

Meanwhile Pop Idols will inevitably try to stab you in the back.

Akane's VA is way better in Japanese than English. Yeah yeah yeah "they're all better", whatever. Akane's is the only one that made me like the character more because it fits her so well. The English VA makes her sound so... generic.

SHSL Housekeeper in FF, Hajime in Despair

How does a therapist help if she doesn't speak?

Dunno, how does the SHSL Neurologist help in the hope restoration project if he's dead?

I take it nobody has translated these yet
could be some juicy info here

So here are some theories:

>SHSL Housekeeper is a red herring, but she does kill someone for Munakata's sake.
>Seiko is actually Mikan in disguise
>Monaca is the mastermind that appears to the people in the new killing game.
>Nagito is the true mastermind.
>Daisaku survives.

Remember, Kodaka is a terrible liar, so the second and third theories still hold water.

Your guess is as good as mine. Miaya doesn't speak at all though even before shit hit the fan. Girls in this world, it seems. have perfected the 'look'.

>Seiko is actually Mikan in disguise

This can't be because I get the vibe I will like Seiko.

> all the incoming chisa and miaya lewds

>Finally got to Chapter 3 in DR2
It hurts so much...

You'll be fine, 4th chapter is pretty good.