42500AUD to invest

Ausfag here

I know you guys have the collective investing knowledge of a brick. But I just inherited around 42500 AUD (cheerz granny) and I just thought I'd at least try and see if there's any smart things I could do with my money.

Right now i'll probably put about 30k in stocks, 7.5 in bonds and save 5 for a trip or something. Help me become a gazillionaire.

I'm a 19 year old finance student if that helps. Ily Veeky Forums

$KNPD and $LPBM is doing great this year.. made alot of money on them

diversify with VSLN to smooth out the risk profile.

I apologise for my idiocy, but what the hell are these, stock tickers? Googling all of these gives me nothing. Or is this a Veeky Forums meme or something?

index fund. dunno what the options are on the asx, but some top 50 or equivalent would be good in the long term

50% VAS - asx 300
30% VGS - international shares
20% bonds or savings account. Can use VGB.
Enjoy getting rich by doing nothing.

Also reinvest dividends.

yeah i was also thinking putting a lot of it into index funds, any ausfags know of some non shit index funds

this is exactly what I was looking for, thanks senpai

The Canadian marijuana industry is about to be huge. OGI CGC APH on the TSX

>KNPD
>LPBM
oh fuck me, u got me there

Bump

How does one even begin to buy stocks and everything? Is there a program/guide to beginning? I wish/biz/ had a sticky for all this, I'm very interested in investing with all the money I saved up working in HS and now that I'm 18 I wanna start investing.

Biz do constantly repeat themselves on how to invest and the best ways to invest. You just need to find the right broker first, if you're a student in the USA then Robinhood seems to be a good one.

Then read books like the intelligent investor and make sure you're not a retard just throwing money at meme stocks. Read Bloomberg and watch the news and just don't be a fucking idiot and it's easy to make money in the long run so long as you don't panic sell every 5 minutes.

If you're in Aus, and are with Commonwealth Bank, open a CommSec account.
$19.95 fee per trade, and is completely linked with your bank account, and the balance shows with your other accounts.
I think NAB has something similar, but other than that I got nothing for you.

If US, just use Robinhood

whats the meme, im relatively new here

>inb4 newfag

>Robinhood seems to be a good one
Sure, if you think the mongs on this board make any kind of good decisions.
Pepecoin seems to be a good coin too.

Put it in a 3-5 year term deposit.
Use it as a deposit for your home in 3-5 years.

I'm Canadian but I haven't really been following any marijuana news at all, what's the time frame before these companies start to take off?

not looking to buy a house within the next 5 years, plan on moving countries for work a lot for at least the next decade, so really i'm just looking for a medium term growth option, right now I think that the ETF's mentioned above are probably a good idea.

RRRRRREEEEE ANSWER MEEE

Yeah, set up a moron portfolio on DRP , defensive stock, add $5k every 6-12 months. Get a good accountant , make sure it's under a discretionary trust, lend the money to the trust for the portfolio . Future ex wives can't touch it that way!