Eve Online General /eog/

SOLO PVP edition
>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX during the trial?
If you have to ask, you can't do it.

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then find the Career Agents & run all of their missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/t9Af7NJY
Focus Group Logs: focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Future:
>Apr 27: Citadels Expansion & cap rebalance
>Apr 23: Fanfest - info about "Not Legion" game replacing killed Dust.

Ongoing:
>Apr 19: GSF camped into Saranen
>Apr 10: Drone Walkers flipped all Razor's space, then DRF (at GSF's request) attacked; DW now flipping DRF systems as well

Past:
>Apr 12: GSF begins absorbing Imperiusm corps; FCON and SMA bail and SMA moves to Outer Ring
>Apr 07: More CFC CSAAs have been destroyed than caps destroyed in B-R
>Mar 28: CFC is dying. CO2 reset. IWI funding the MBC to burn down goons
>Apr 07: White Legion. recruits UNITAS. (ex SMA)
>Mar 25: CSM IX voting closed (and Apoth withdrew)
>Mar 18: Guristas Hunt event (Shekel Madness: 3D)
>Mar 09: Project Discovery launched + massive mod tiercides that broke a lot of fits. Elo Knight creates White Legion.
>Feb 18: Last CSM X Summit: community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/the-second-csm-x-summit-meeting-minutes-included
>Feb 20: Carrier gameplay slides from Eve NT imgur.com/a/wppLG
>Feb 12: FAX will use the racial carrier skill and carrier w/triage fit will convert to FAX
>Feb 09: SP trading live.
>Nov 26: Fozzie confirms OGB removal in ~1 minute
>Oct 25: community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/reworking-capital-ships-and-thus-it-begins/
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

previous warp:

Other urls found in this thread:

zkillboard.com/kill/53612415/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Rifter

Threadly reminder that my gameplay style is better than your gameplay style, you fucking pleb.

For Jamyl!

Does this patch do anything for those of us living the space trucking hauler life? Apart from all the new stations of course

>his empress is a slut

Caitz > Jamyl

Get the fuck out of here heretic worshipers.

I want Reyni to sit on my face.

>tfw no Timm3h asmr video

share your raspy voice with us

Who won the plex raffle?

ironically literally nigger

what did you mean by this?

He is an edgy non-pubbie goon nao.

>Coonswarm

UWBFTP

>miss spook will never peg you with her jackdaw

what did you mean by this?

who's dj jazzy jeff?

SHES FUCKING DEAD GET OVER IT RETARD STUPID BAKA GAIJIN

no

They're pushing markets out of jita by slowly raising taxes. They've already stated that their goal is basically to completely remove NPC stations at some point. We can only hope that this means there won't be a universal trade hub and that pulling market data dies.

If we can live in an EVE without market data and many trade hubs then trading will be a glorious active passtime.

why would they do this

it would just enable big alliances to print money even more

This is going to lead up to player-made Stargates pointing to new high sec regions that won't have any stations at all.

The jovians will resurrect her. One must have faith.

Because they want to put every aspect of EVE into the players hands for more interesting gameplay and narrative?

Ideally we should reach a point where there is player tradehubs that have tax rates, that go up and down, and traders selling stock need to decide when the tax is high enough that they want to move to a different hub.

If you leave Jita and other NPC stations, the trade hubs will remain there. Prices will adjust to the new taxes, and nothing will change. No one will willing trade any amount of reasonable stock in a player trade hub when they could use an already established NPC trade hub.

What corp do I join to zzz together with bros?

some wormhole corp.

I hear None-In is a good one to join

In player owned hubs can you seize stock like you can by removing access for a player from like a pos or a station in null?

Imagine the delicious scandal that could happen if in New Jita the owner just removed access to everyone and seized everyone's stock.

Join all-out and haze orcas

zkillboard.com/kill/53612415/

Why didn't All-Out doomsday the Orca?

Yes. Then it has to be destroyed to get your stuff back.

You can retrieve it should that occur but you'll have to wait 5 (?) days.

Besides, why would anyone piss off their customers? The tax income from a decently sized trade citadel is HUGE.

>trade hub is owned by their corp
>seize everything
>heist it
>leave corp

Idk people don't always make the decisions with the best long term benefit. The point is that player owned stations gives a layer of human folly that doesn't exist in NPC space.

You can't actually seize items from the market (unless you mean the corp hangars, but that's no different from corp theft right now anyways)

The only thing you can do is deny them access so they can't retrieve their items, in which case they can teleport their stuff to an NPC station after 5 days.

Oh, nevermind then I thought you might be able to just actually take all their shit and sell it.

>CCP
>allowing fun
not likely

that's not fun, just a retarded idea.

You know what else is retarded. Losing your ship when you die.

how does the test server work? you're given infinite sp and infinite isk so you can test/try anything you want?

yes
Also the whole concept of SP is retarded

>dynamic of trusting a station owner with your goods.

Any mechanic that involves a trust relationship between players in EVE is a good mechanic. Its like Banks in real life, they're supposed to basically just be NPCs that hold your money for you, (while lending out an acceptable amount to make money with the return on interest in your bank account), but they actually collapse all the time and your money ends up just being gone.

It copies your character at some point and trains as normal. Just about everything is seeded at 100isk, but you don't get infinite SP.

You can buy skill injectors though if your character was copied with a lot of money. They occasionally have test events that grant like 2m SP too.

lame
even in the test servers old niggers have the advantage

fuck off dror

Stop being a retard.

I thought no sp fag was dead. If he hates sp so much why has he still been in the general/ playing for more than a year?

EVE would be so neat as a not-spaceship game. Artillery, autocannons, VTOL..

>you can literally buy SP
>people still defend it like it isn't an artificial barrier

>the only reason there are so few tradehubs is because SP limits market/industrial productivity
Bandaids, AIR?

>you can play the game and earn isk
>the isk can be exchanged for skillpoints

No one is defending the fact that it isn't an artificial barrier. Its an RPG, rpgs are built on artificial barriers, that's entirely what any leveling mechanic is and its why we are playing the game. Go play a different game if you don't want an artificial barrier, most people like it however.

What's the criticism? Artificial barrier that causes sub churn?

>appeal to tradition

why do you think of it as barriers, rather than 'if you do x you get to do y'

also why do you think rpgs are about levelling up

>also why do you think rpgs are about levelling up

Because human beings like consistency. The game world doesn't feel as real if there isn't a sense of progression. Learning a craft in real life takes years of effort, obviously no one want exactly the same type of commitment for a game, but it feels like there should be a consistent time -> skill investment in a game. If its a role playing game than that means that the player accepts a difference between his skill as a player and the skills of his characters. So no matter how long the player has been playing the game, his characters skill at an activity should maintain the same curve as any other character in the game world in order to maintain consistency. In EVE it has the added benefit of insuring that players specialize their professions so players are not constantly competing with everyone in EVE at their chosen profession.

>Alliances can't just rapidly change their doctrines because they need pilots that can fly the shit en mass.

>Trading, Exploration, Industrialists, Miners only compete with people that have those skills trained.
This is good because if the barriers didn't exist there would be no barrier between people always having players capping out on industry and research jobs, market orders ect. Industry for example now is literally nothing but "artificial barriers" but they exist to make sure random fags don't just buy a blueprint and start competing in the market on an arbitrary whim. They need to wait a month or two before making an advanced product.

dror how's it going, what are you up to nowadays

I hope you aren't too unhappy

I'd like to keep silent about this, but everything in this post is conjecture.

Literally 0/10.

I didn't start this, and I didn't plan on replying to it. It seems like the conversation could use some help though. If I had to guess, it's samefagging, as well.

>samefagging

>reasons to play a game are opinions

No shit retard. I'm saying you don't want to play an RPG, but EVE is an RPG, so tough shit.

>as if anybody in EVE except the super elite give a shit about player retention and how SP affects the game

It's not opinions. Literally saying that makes your "opinion" worthy of disregard, and that's because even CCP has checked out scientific bases for game design. We're like 99% biologically the same.. so git gud.

>my definition of RPG is what the whole genre should be
This is how that whole post reads.

It's post-rationalization.

Why do RPG's even exist then if everyone hates artificial barriers?

DON'T REPLY TO DROR

M8, fuck that off. It's just an entertaining conversation. These shitty non-replies should be reported and deleted.

Sorry I'll stop. I always end up getting baited by no-sp fag.

>replying to posts

Most RPGs are single player games, and most RPGs have more interesting mechanics than F1 monkeying, not to say that EVE doesn't.

All of that is to keep the gameplay interesting and unique for that character, but that's also because most games aren't fucking sandbox MMOs with resources, refining, production, invention, and combat.

>but everybody would do everything
No they wouldn't.

Post lewd spaceships

>You will never fuck a celestis

>Will Smith avatarfagging
>animal avatarfagging
baka desu

Also, to be honest, hypothetically if everything was a result of omni-niching, the market would stabilize. More minerals is lower prices and reward for mining. Cheaper ships for a class helps sales, but after they're gone, the price could rise again.

>They're pushing markets out of jita by slowly raising taxes.

From patch notes:
>Reprocessing tax has been changed from a material tax to an ISK tax

Which means you pay % of regional average on reprocess.
Which in turn means reprocessing anywhere outside of Jita region will cut deep % into your profits.
How's that for "pushing markets out of Jita?" It's literally the opposite.

Yes, it's retarded. Ask CCP why they made this change.

>tfw can't remove these useless mining skills because I have to train 1.5m more SP.

>it's OK to make gameplay artificially barriered because not playing the game surely leads to interesting gameplay

>but what if we can make players play the game by not letting them play
Logic.

> deploy citadel with reprocessing array
> free reprocessing and compression
You didn't even think about this at all did you?

>Yes, it's retarded. Ask CCP why they made this change.

So Industrial Arrays / Citadels can set their own reprocessing tax?

were man arms the only replacements she could get

how much does a citadel cost?

Wow, it's fucking nothing.
You get 0% station reprocessing tax when you have good standings anyway.

It's not about "what happens after you get 0% tax", because that's going to stay the same - you can't get better than 0% tax.
What matters is the numbers *before* you get it. And those say unanimously "Reprocessing? Go to Jita".
That's the thing I'm calling retarded.

>So Industrial Arrays / Citadels can set their own reprocessing tax?
And having ISK tax over material tax is somehow better? On a dedicated industry platform that most likely wants materials over ISK?
Why not make both taxes options? Leave NPC station tax as material tax so it doesn't cause Jita-creep, and let people choose between material/isk tax on their citadel/industry array?

>Why not make both taxes options? Leave NPC station tax as material tax so it doesn't cause Jita-creep, and let people choose between material/isk tax on their citadel/industry array?

Well they're trying to get rid of spaghetti code, not create it.

whats your excuse for being poor?

support skills autism

>spaghetti code
Are you kidding me?

>picture
The fug.

You're having an aneurysm over nothing m8.

NPC refining will become irrelevant - as ccp intended - and be removed down the line.

Spaghetti code has nothing to do with that.
It's a term to use a badly written part of code that has stupid number of dependencies, insane complexity and other stuff.
Usually interchangeable with "legacy code", both loosely meaning "code that nobody can understand"

And I cannot think of a way to turn a single click-switch between material tax and ISK tax that's saved as a single bit on a server into spaghetti code.
It's one of those things you can't fuck up if you're an adult and you can code.

You underestimate the ability of CCP's spaghetti powers

You're right.
I got overly frustrated at the fact that Jita gets more special treatment this patch (even though it's just a side-effect).

Let's hope citadels do their part in the coming months.

CCP has gone on record saying they can't change or delete a certain feature because it impacted (and broke) something completely unrelated.

You underestimate CCP's incompetence.

wait what special treatment?

ideally that could be the incompetence of old ccp. I'd like to think current ccp aren't dumb and shit like that, just stuck dealing with legacy shit, which there's no easy solution for

>nerf bastion
>give it 1000% sensor strength so they can't be probed
>mfw CCP nerfing solo battleship pvp

fly a real battleship m8

Post qt characters

wow that is qt
i thought i made my character decent but hwow

> 38 million spread between buy and sell orders of plex
> surely there's some profit to be made there even after the patch, because I have perfect skills
> update spreadsheets
shieeeeeet

I'm just referring to Jita having better (smaller) reprocessing taxes due to it being now ISK tax.
"Special treatment" is wrong word for this, but I don't know how better to call it. Favoritism is also wrong in the same manner.

Like that other user pointed out, I like to think it's just legacy code (meaning "old code" written by "old CCP") that's spaghetti all over the place.
Newly written parts of code are all neat and orderly.

Even seemingly simple actions become implemented with a large amount of code when you throw security, distributed systems, and other considerations into it.