Nintendo shares plummet after investors realize it doesn't actually make Pokémon Go

Kek. Fucking idiots.

theverge.com/2016/7/25/12269466/nintendo-stock-plunge-pokemon-go

They still own some of the rights, do they have a vested interest in the franchise doing well. It was always a GAME FREAK product, the dev team has just changed. Don't believe me, just look at the copyright stuff in the About Pokemon Go section of the app.

can you buy niantic stock?

did anyone?

>can you buy niantic stock?
No you cant

Even if I could I wouldn't, this app is fucking atrocious and they have virtually no communications team to inform users of updates/known issues/etc.

This is true to an extent. Niantic has always been notorious for leaving Ingress players in the uninformed but they have made public statements before.

this is what i just didnt understand...

are people retarded? speculative buyers suck. glad people made a pay day

Man the stock market is dumb. I realised this the other day, but thought I was missing something.

It will go back to high level soon. Just wait for Mario, Zelda and other franchise games getting into the scene.

>the stock market is dumb
you mean the participants, right?

i wanted to short but there are no options chains

Plot Twist: Its the Non-participants

Shhhhhhh

It'll plummet even harder when they find out it has no players left a month from now.

>not realising you have bought a one way ticket into a geolocating mobile phone data collection botnet.

Oh, my geolocate settings, camera and mic are always active in this app and theres other weird unknown data in the packets being sent back as telemetry too?

SIGN ME THE FUCK UP.

but everything does that now. you have to go full unabomber to opt out

Oh no, Nintendo know I spend a lot of time walking around near my house. With this secret info they couldn't possibly have found out through any other means, the spooks are gonna get me for sure.

Terrible logic.

"Just because I personally have nothing to hide everyone elses freedom to have a private life shouldn't matter".

Yes people can simply not use the app however it's a dangerous game we play when we allow privacy to be something we need to make huge provisions for.

Fuck it shouldnt be crashing this early. I was going to short nintendo in late september/ early October once the craze died after jumping back from kids getting back to school and playing together.
Fuck everything.

>SOME DUMB NINTENDO APP APPEARS

>NINTENDO STOCK GAINS 100%!!!!!!

>THEN SUDDENLY LOSES 30% WHEN EVERYONE REALIZES IT'S JUST A DUMB APP THAT WON'T EVEN MAKE MONEY!!!!!

>"MUH PERFECT EFFICIENT MARKET"

LOL

>30% loss
FUCK
I SHOULD HAVE SHORTED THEM
ALL THAT POTENTIAL MONEY
GONE
FUCK EVERYTHING
FUCK

WHY DID IT HAVE TO HAPPEN NOW

ADAPTIVE MARKET HYPOTHESIS. IT'S LIKE EFFICIENT MARKETS WITH THE BEST OF BEHAVIOURAL ECONOMICS AND IT'S GG IN MARKET PREDICTION AND MODELING

INTERESTING, THANKS

>freedom to have a private life
>when they willingly use a game they willingly downloaded on an advanced phone they willingly own

Stocks still higher than before the game released. so anyone that owned stocks is still making money.

>Man the stock market is dumb
stock market is 90% Hyper/ Fearmongering for whatever they dont even understand and 10% hype/ dive when they finally realize anything.

Pokemon Go is the biggest failure in history. I'm surprised Nintendo still allows their name to be used with the project. Nintendo stock $0.01 by tomorrow open.

perfectly efficient over time