/twg/ - Total War General

Visigoths a best edition

>/twg/ steam groups (MP battles on weekend, co-op anytime)
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Attila
TWC Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2105-Total-War-Attila-Modifications
Slavic Race Culture DLC -- youtube.com/watch?v=QiVx6yBp4fg
Age of Charlamagne -- youtube.com/watch?v=RNOy63UZXvM
Last Roman -- youtube.com/watch?v=ZPOHiFTQDyc
Empires of Sand DLC -- youtube.com/watch?v=4YN4doAZDPU
Attila launch trailer -- youtube.com/watch?v=h9xmbMLyMuo

>Warhammer
EGX Siege AI and Vamp vs Chaos gameplay -- youtube.com/watch?v=fj05Ll1Mark
Chaos vs Empire battle -- youtube.com/watch?v=uao1Pu-Kw88
Vampire Counts Campaign -- youtube.com/watch?v=2a9nF8X2Yd4
Vampire Counts Reveal -- youtube.com/watch?v=uj605sogy3I
Corruption Blog -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/How_Corruption_Works_in_Total_War:_WARHAMMER
How Corruption Works -- youtube.com/watch?v=g6PPH4GkEM8
Vampire Counts Roster -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Vampire_Counts_Army_Roster
Siege of Hovel -- youtube.com/watch?v=9SFM6-LC6io

>Pastebin FAQs
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=skggexSCdT0
youtube.com/watch?v=7q2NVZsY_oo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

memes

ZU UT RIK AN ARM ZA

KAZAK-GOV A ZURN UZKULL

You ready for this

Is tomorrow the beginning of chaos time? Archaon trailer when?

looks like ecbert from vikings

daily reminder attila has 48 siege layouts
warhammer total war has 3

IF OUR LORD IS TO BECOME THE EVERCHOSEN

3 weeks, 4 days and 20 hours

Just because we have only seen three does not mean there are only three.

CA please

Carthage have been our bros the entire game. I was considering breaking the alliance to go to war, but thankfully /twg/ talked me down. The next turn, Carthage called me into their massive war with the entire eastern Mediterranean, and that led to the current borders.

Me and Carthage befriended them early while we were all fighting Rome, and we've all been bros since.

The Etruscans actually controlled all of Illyria at one point, and were expanding deeper into the Balkans, despite only have Corsica besides the new conquests. Then Macedon came and kicked their shit in. A shame, I was looking forward to fighting something other than Greeks.

British NATO is actually united against the Iceni, who have been at war with the rest of the island off and on for as long as I can remember. Nobody has conquered anybody aside from the Caledones and Ireland.

Really? The borders are turning out beautifully, except for Nova Carthago in Persia. NC had Seleukia for some fucking reason, and when Pergamonian renegades conquered Persis NC swiped it before Parthia could reconquer.

If this was Attila I would spam priests and discontent in those provs until Parthia reconquered them, but I don't know how to tank public order with dignitaries in Rome II (doesn't help that you can't look at entire skill trees like in Attila).

While the horns are a little silly, that helmet looks pretty intimidating imo.

IF OUR CHIEFTAIN IS TO BECOME WARBOSS

MILITARY LEDA OF ALL DA GREENSKINS

>Implying Voland wouldn't use Wario's voice
WAAAHAAHAAHAA
IMMA GONNA WEEN!

"personal fuccboi of all 4 gods."

Will it actually be possible to make it beyond turn 20 with Tzeentch in BoTET?

I've never managed to overcome the infinite cheatstacks of nugle knights and chaos trolls.

They removed those bullshit scripts and changed it to work like the crusades in vanilla

Speaking of the Iceni, they were able to survive so long because they've had two full stacks camping their city permanently. A few turns ago, I launched an invasion with an elite army. They swarmed me before I could rush the capture point, and I lost 9/10 hoplites because I wasn't able to land the rest of my army inside the walls, or get the landing force out. I killed nearly 2500 of the barbars though, and they haven't fully rebuilt.

My third-rate Atlantic navy has been blockading them since then, and now they're trying to sink it with a force mostly made up of land units on transports. This should be fun.

I CANT SEE

Who's the best legendary lord and why is it based Balthasar?

>Balthasar
love how he dies.

I don't think the stacks that CPU Khorne and Nurgle start with are technically a script, it's just fucking bullshit.

Seriously, Khorne starts with like 3 full stacks of top tier units, it's horseshit, I have NO fucking clue how you're supposed to do anything when you start with 1.5 stacks of tier 1/2 units and a single undeveloped city.

Our fleet is literally entirely Celts aside from the admiral's unit, and his big speech is about killing unwashed barbarians and spreading civilization.

Damn, it feels good to be Greek.

Thats going in the book

IF OUR LORD IS T'BECOME KING castle cuckshed'll be our new capital

>This should be fun.
hitting a transport fleet with a powerful navy is one of the best bits of R2/Attila
I've recently caught two Hun stacks in the Black Sea with a fleet of artillery and fire ships as the ERE, the destruction was some next level shit. Not quite as good as demolishing rickety nip canoes with HMS Warrior in FotS though

Did he ever play a Total War game?

i would love to see that.

Is it turn 20 when the script spawns armies?

>implying we've seen 100% of the content in the game a month before release
how autistic are u m80

>I accidentally turned my face into gold, help!
>best lord

Too bad that they are going to come back in 2 turns.

hope not. think he never learned how to kick on dark souls. if he did a total war series it would just end in a quick defeat.

>Big Pharma
good stuff

Shush up you

How is it?

Well, the thing is is that my navy isn't really powerful. Our largest ships are trieres, and those only have slingers. And we're significantly outnumbered.

So, there's a chance we lose, if only because our ramming ships lose their small crews to slings and arrows.

We send six ramming ships toward the main mass of enemy ships, and divert four of them and our admiral to take care of the ships (also transports) trying to hit us in the rear.

Our javelins assist the rear action, and our slingers move forward to deal with the main mass.

>acknowledging end times

>triremes
Where are your massive tower hexremes?

>Gelt
>A litteral necromancer who actually suggested using zombie soldiers to help against chaos.

Get this heretic out of my sight.

>Our javelins assist the rear action,
Kek
Greeks, man.

Ancient Empires when

Pretty good,its one of those games that you can just watch it play itself without being boring youtube.com/watch?v=skggexSCdT0

OUR LADS BE FLEEI'N DA FIT
SHAMFUL DAT IZ

>didn't use zombies
>empire ded
Way to go, Franz.

I'm going in dry on them at the minute mate, I've got 8 or 9 full stacks of elite troops in Illyria the Danube provinces and I've got 250k in the treasury with 25k a turn profit.

probably after total war rome 3

They appear from the FoW so I don't know when they spawn or if they're there from turn one, they usually start coming around turn 10 and turn 20 is the longest I've held out before losing.

Noob here, how do I git gud as Scythia in Rome 2? It is very important for me that I get to raid some mediterranean manlets.

ARMORED HORSE ARCHERS

Bitch please AE is RTW3

>Only wanted the best but was driven to the brink because of misunderstandings
>Could have saved the world but that faggot mannfred stabbed him in the back

Even in The End Times, Gelt a best.

You can't have any faction survive when the lore is written by a group of failed scenarists who want to litterally end a world.

>Start game as Grimgor
>upping his fighting skills and improving his bodyguard skills exclusively for 20 levels
>ignore all other skills
>focus on getting his armor and gitsnik

can't wait to have him plow through the center of the enemy army and 1v1 any enemy hero within minutes of the battle

>tfw you send your lvl20 Grimgor +tripple gold ardboys to manhandle a lvl5 Archybald on foot

Tomorrow

cry more faggot

How do I win though? Just hit and run guerilla style bullshit like the IRL scythians?

How about sieges?

It turns into a gigantic clusterfuck at both battle sites. Our ships don't know how to reverse row, so as soon as we get one ramming action off, we're fucked if it hasn't sunk the enemy ship... which doesn't happen all that often. I'm used to ramming with hexaremes, but these dieres take 2-3 ramming actions to sink a transport.

We did manage to sink a lot of ships, but there's no way we can win. We order a general retreat for all ships that are able.

I didn't think I would need a proper navy on the Atlantic, so I only built the chain that gives you shittier ships but no public order penalty.

Azagh best LL and best mage

kek, we're taking some of the enemy with us as we flee

That new sega classic thing is pretty cool btw

You did use the row hard command before ramming right? Also, if you order them to ram again, they'll row backward a little and row forward again.

>nagash's loony
he'll serve grimgor valiantly in garrisoning the marshes of madness for all eternity

Look at that pale skin.
I'd say it's because you're a vampire but I think it really is because you have lived under your dad's shadow for way too long.

Shut yer gob, spooky voice, I'm the one in command here

Anyone got a video showing CoW script stacks?

love how he takes malekith under his command.
GRIMGOR DA BEST

Is nagash controlling him? and for what purpose? or is he just nuts?

We lose not only the admiral, but three experienced generals to natural causes in the same turn.

Yeah, still didn't sink their ships. And I reissued the ramming order, but that only works half the time in my experience. It's especially touchy in clusterfuck situations where ships dont have a lot of space to move around.

"natural"

ok lads wanna play orcs at some point but unlike every other faction in which i have chosen my fave LL (Karl, Manfred, Archaoen, and Thorgrim) i cant choose who to play as their LL, anyone wanna give me some basic info on lore to show whose more based?

Just bought Warhammer off kinguin for £27

Delicious

Nagash is "controlling" him. Basically he points him somewhere and hopes he doesnt get distracted before he gets there

NEW VIDEO SHOWING UNIT ROSTERS(earlier version,more to be added) youtube.com/watch?v=7q2NVZsY_oo

0:00 Chaos Undivided
4:47 Warrior of Khorne
5:41 Followers of Tzeentsch
6:46 Childeren of Nurgle
7:13 Cultists of Slaanesh
9:05 Chaos Dwarves
12:20 Skaven
20:45 Orcs and Goblins
28:44 Night Goblins
29:50 Ogre Kingdoms
30:47 Vampire Counts
41:30 Tomb Kings
52:43 Dark Elves
1:05:15 Wood Elves
1:14:18 High Elves
1:26:07 Lizardmen
1:34:05 Dwarves
1:51:55 Empire; Reikland
2:49:32 Wissenland
2:52:44 Averland
2:54:10 Stirland
2:57:00 Middenland and Middenheim
2:58:32 Talabecland
3:00:40 Ostland
3:03:14 Ostermark
3:04:27 Hochland
3:05:46 Nordland
3:07:18 Brettonia
3:11:34 Kislev
3:22:24 Dogs of War

Based SEGA and Creative Assem-
>BotE
Get that gay shit out of here

If I know CA games, combat is gonna be way too fast out of the box with dudes dying at alarming rates.

Figure I'll play Grimgor and just pretend that it's just because of how ded 'ard and killy he is until they balance it to my autism's liking.

And so I can WAAAGH! my neighbors awake at night

>heroes will never be able to join units
trash.jpg, what is even the point of heroes besides magic and using the big mounts?

>He thinks SEGA or CA will ever do something like this

Azhag has got nagash's crown on his head, the crown contains part of the essence of the necromancer and he's sometimes seen or heard speaking with himself and the voice in his head (this is audible in the battle speech or orcs VS bretonnians), the crown is also why he's able to do magic from the lore of death.

Nagash doesn't actually control him, but he tries to convince him to do shit for him, I don't think there ever were instance in which he did though.

>kinguin
grimgor get a body guard of immortalz black orcs

That's one fucking long video

All you need to know is Grimgor the based headbutts Archaon the edgelord into oblivion

>Grimgor caught Archaon's attention with a most glorious headbutt. Dazzled and surprised, the chaos lord was barely able to evade the strike that severed the lower half of his shield and he sprawled backwards. Regaining his balance he stroke forward with the slayer of kings, but Grimgor readily parried the attack with the hilt of the mighty Gitsnik, and with his heavy, booted foot he disarmed Archaon. Unarmed and defenseless, he recieved a powerful blow to each side of his head with the flat of the axe, and with the tip of the blade placed across the defeated everchosen's, the Black orc raised his vision to the clouded sky and shouted out with his thundering voice a cry of victory to men and gods alike:

>"Grimgor is da best!!"

Also download the armybooks

must be frustrating trying to controll a orc, just ask those dwarfs with dem funny hats.

>nagash tries
i keked i imagen his dead body raging in the afterlife. "THOSE FUCKING STUPID ORCS"

>3.5 hours
aintnobodygottimeforthat.png

The spirit in the crown isn't really Nagash, it's only a shard of his soul.

It's still powerful and trying to exert it's influence over Azhag, but it can't actually manage to control him as his willpower is just too great in it's own stubborn orcish way.

It does keep prodding him to do what it wants in the attempt to have Nagash ressurected, whispering shit in his ear and such.

Grimgor is a green gorilla on steroids who other greenskins follow with a mix of reverence and fear.

he fights his way around the old world and noone is really able to best him

Azhag the Slaughterer is an Orc wearing Nagashs crown and doing some damage to the southern Empire, he got his head lobbed off by a Elector Count after having a mental conflict with Nagash in the middle of a battle

So did he poke his own eye out with that tusk?

yeah, that totally makes up for losing one of the most important aspects of the game

Even fucking Mark of Chaos had heroes joining units

when?

Fast combat is the best though. Allows shock infantry to be useful, punish bad matchups, and stuff dying is fun.

Those icons looks like absolute shit

Man, I can't wait to put that green Orc hit in his place.

ok not only will i play as grimgor, ill play as orcs first

DELETE THIS

tomorrow

You got my hopes up thinking it was somehow for the actual total war warhammer.

I swear you said that a few days ago

>putting heores in units
>most important aspects of the game
ok bud you just strawman

After tomorrow

I'm not him but don't use words you don't understand.

No doubt it'll be fun, especially with orcs, but I'm a maneuvering autist and I enjoy not having to pile everything in at once to avoid being overwhelmed by the enemy
I'm looking at you, Shogun 2

next week