/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

SEGA 3D Classics Never Ever edition.

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browserhax/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.4 (5.5.1 IOSU delayed indefinitely)
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9 (embed) (embed)
Downgrade+a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Other consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5 (embed) (embed)

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-New features for the currently relevant CFWs have been/are being added. Check their respective threads/changelogs.
-AuReiNand renamed to Luma3DS, split into Dev and non-Dev releases.
-ReiNand now supports the original 3DS and FIRM protection.
-Preview2 release of NTR 3.4 exclusively for the New 3DS. It allows streaming to PC, among other things. github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.4preview2
-FBI rewritten from scratch, with new features like decoding title names and removing tickets github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases
-SALT released a save exploit for Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon. smd.salthax.org/

>PS4
-First game ISO dump. ps4news.com/ps4-hacks-jailbreak/driveclub-alpha-read-nfo-ps4-abstrakt-with-decrypted-rifkey-released/

>PSV
-3.60 released. It only patches the Metal Gear Solid VHBL exploit. wololo.net/2016/04/06/playstation-vita-system-software-3-60-is-now-available/

You can use FunKeyCIA (and/or other tools) to download 3DS eShop software using keys from 3ds.nfshost.com/
Check the Pastebin if you want to know more.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=27S___KNULw
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=153&v=vFApcuHf5XM
gdemu.wordpress.com/2014/09/30/enter-rhea/
r4ids.cn/buy-r4i-e.htm
blogs.sega.com/2015/04/13/sega-3d-classics-3d-fantasy-zone-ii-interview-part-1/
pastebin.com/EBKipkPW
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nice cfw

SEGA 3D CLASSICS COLLECTION WHEN

first for no bullying aurora wright

ESPECIALLY bullying Aurora Wright.

NTR CFW?

region changed eshop when

first for no bullying 3D Classics Collectionfag

So is anyone out there working on a way to pirate amiibo content? i think Its the last thing we need to fully hack anything and everything for the 3ds.

There is some NFC thing for android I believe.

Can someone point me to a guide to load directly into gateway as I turn on the 3DS?

youtube.com/watch?v=27S___KNULw

I was retarded enough to upgrade from 4.2 to 9.2 and I hate this browser thing

>gateway

>(embed) (embed)

yeah, but you know us pirates. we want things for free.

>gateway
install gentoo9lh

Yeah its not like it works flawless and you don't need to waste your fucking time thinkering with shitty and buggy CFW and was available 3 fucking years before the new fag ways or something

How can I install rxtools on a9h. It's the best CFW imo.

cant you just download CIA of the games and install them individually?
Anyway be patient, it'll be up Soon™.

>Yeah its not like it works flawless
it does

you can't
and luma3DS literally has all of the same features as rxtools now

it has exclusive games

There are exclusive games on it that you can't get on the eShop

Man Nintendo found a effective way to stop pirates. just make more games that Need Amiibos to get past the Title Screen!!

Power Drift
Maze Walker
Fantasy Zone
Fantasy Zone 2

Hey guys. I'm the guy who had this error (pic related) a week or so. I fixed it.

I hopped on the github guide (this one: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)

And now it's been edited. Instead of giving the directions for cakes like it used to, it's talking about Aureinand which changed to. What the fuck do I do now? Do I have to start over again or can I just press Boot CFW on cakes and expect everything to be fine?

never ever? what do you mean? I have it right here, why don't you? :^)

>artificially requiring hardware for software to work
sounds familiar

nice stolen picture from /vr/

>amiibo card distributed with the game itself

You better dump that shit user

You are the hero everyone needs

Why hasn't anyone made an app that can transmit amiibos from your phone?

I know there's the one that turns those little nfc stickers into amiibos, but that seems like a completely unnecessary step

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=153&v=vFApcuHf5XM

where were you when some autistic chink is making a better super mario maker port then nintendo

when i'm setting up a shuffle themeset in chmm2, why is there always one theme that has the same music as another and how do i fix it?

They have a section for setting up menuhax in the guide on their website.

Forgot pic

I just want a new Wii U exploit. It's a dying console and game prices rarely drop

it's already been dumped

Why are you lying for nigger

what is the point of wearing a mask, they all look the same

>downgrade 3ds to 9.2.0-20U
>doesnt boot OOThax or menuhax
>browser hack doesnt work
fug

oot payload isn't on 9.2 and menuhax got uninstalled just keep trying with browserhax

there's literally no reason why menuhax or browserhax shouldn't work

why not try doing what it's recommending? redownload and replace the firmware.bin and key.bin

just read your other post, oops. nevermind.

Difference between Luma and Cake? (I'm at step 5 of the guide)

cakes is some meme cfw that bricks

Because you'd need a working host card emulation API for that, one that can fully emulate everything about an Amiibo. Android has HCE but not for the specific tag type used.

luma3ds is made by an autistic transgirl
cakes is made by a meme-loving 17 year old homosexual boy who's probably a furry.

pick your poison.

Nothing
Nada
Zero
Zip
Zilch
Pick one.
Most people use Luma but it's your call.

Fuck. I guess I'll have to do all that shit again dammit.

Is that really the only way?

Luma is a tranny cfw

Cake doesn't brick. It's the best CFW if you know what you're doing
As it says on the guide.

see
to answer your original question, you can use aureinand/ luma3ds or cakes. it doesn't matter. they both work the same.

I'm loading the qr code but the website/script doesnt load I get nothing at all and I go back to the internet browser

try initializing save data in your browser

Ok. I pressed boot CFW and now I can access gridlauncher by exiting the home menu and holding L.

I've also heard that once a CFW was installed it was update the system to the newest version. But I'm still on 9.2. Did I need to do something else in cakes?

mine just werks and its free

Cakes is split up into a bunch of stupid modules so retards can strip it down and feel minimalistic

>RedNAND will be bricked by the downgrade on New 3DS (not on Old 3DS), but you will no longer be able to get into it on either since no current CFW can boot a 2.1.0 RedNAND (a black screen when you try to load RedNAND is normal)
Uhhh, So N3ds no good? or Am i Reading this wrong. Sorry been at this for 6 hours I can feel it digging into me.

It doesn't matter. Proceed. RedNAND does fuck all at this point.

I really hope the WiiU scene stays in its containment shithole and won't go near NX or any other console.

you update through the system settings like you normally would. just make sure you're in cakes and not sysNAND (assuming you didn't combine them, I dunno if you did the complete A9LH guide or not)

Follow the damn fucking guide you moron

dont worry it about and follow the guide

Read on, the one click setup in OTPHelper will fix it for you. N3DS and O3DS encrypt the NAND differently, OTPhelper will convert it to the O3DS version for you as part of the one-click setup.

Thanks guys, I'll just follow this guide to the end.

I didn't do the complete guide. Basically once I fixed the error and was able to access cakes I selected Boot CFW and and it rebooted into the home menu.

I haven't done anything else yet. I'm assuming I'm safe to update? Or not yet? If so should I skip the rest of the RedNAND section of the guide and go to the A9LH part?

2 more days every bit helps you guys

i don't use cakes so i have no clue if it has any indication of it in the version number.

here's what i recommend: launch into sysNAND and make a folder called sys. then restart and launch into cakes, if the sys folder isn't there then you're in emuNAND/redNAND, it's safe to go into settings and update your system.

Every time I see this, my sides get closer and closer to the edge of the universe.

ok thanks user
that worked

not donating until they have Sega 3D Classics Collection smdh

Printscreened.

You better do it user.

they won't let me donate 1 cent

Has anyone upgraded their Sega Saturn to Rhea Saturn?
Is it worth it?
gdemu.wordpress.com/2014/09/30/enter-rhea/

>load their website
>get assaulted by adverts

fuck you

Where do I buy a flashcard?

r4ids.cn/buy-r4i-e.htm

Wow! 9 Dollery Doos for the DS flashcart. Thinking of getting 4-5. I've never seen it go that low.

When OTPhelper says to make sure wifi is turned on do you need to have a working wifi connection configured?

yes, otherwise you can't use OTPhelper in 2.1, you'd be fucked without a paddle. if you were on a New 3DS, congratulations, you have a useless system.

Yes because in the following step you have to access a website to launch otphelper

That'd be a very good idea yes. 2DS & N3DS won't be able to turn wifi on in 2.1.

I literally already have fantasy zone 1 and 2 on my 3ds

blogs.sega.com/2015/04/13/sega-3d-classics-3d-fantasy-zone-ii-interview-part-1/

>2012

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills

>launch into sysnand

I don't see an app in gridlauncher called sysnand

they're the Master System versions, maybe you'd know that if you looked it up instead of being patronizing

So what exactly are the benefits of this a9lh thing? Is it worth getting?

I haven't been in here in months and I already have somewhat sufficient cfw.

100% boot rate that's way faster
>no need for an emunand
>unbrick without hardmod
>nintendo can never fuck you over
plus all the stuff the compatible cfws give you

I need a site that takes preloaded visa

Sysnand is the default that you launch into without going into menuhax to launch cakes which is an emunand/rednand. So when you make a folder in sysnand it helps you differentiate between the two easier, another thing I'll do is also change the theme in my emunand to pink or red to see easier too as the guide says to remove menuhax in emunand in the further steps anyway.

QUICK CHECK 3DSISO

IT'S BEEN DUMPED LADS

Fuck me, nevermind. You need to buy at least 10 for the price to go down to $9.

fucking never buy a preloaded visa. visa won't fucking pay up

dsflashcart takes them

So sysnand is basically the home menu?

Once I make a folder called sys, I open up gridlauncher and open cakes. If not there, I'm on EmuNAND/RedNAND and good to go?

Once I'm done, I'm free to update and enjoy the old version eshop title app and FunKeyCIA?

what's been dumped?

your girlfriend

Yo-kai watch EU

Who cares

>mfw it isn't Sega 3D Classics Collection

if the folder isn't there, then yes, you're on cakes and it's safe to update. then you can install .cia's with FBI or any other .cia installer, but it's recommended you do the complete A9LH guide, but it's not necessary

I'm hacking my 3DS by following this guide:
pastebin.com/EBKipkPW
I just finished step 18 of section D. I went to make sure my NANDs are unlinked so I booted in emuNAND, but I didn't select rxTools right away and it kicked me back to the main menu. I tried booting into emuNAND again but it hangs at a yellow screen. What did I do wrong and how can I fix it?