Why do there still exist non-Reformed Christians? It's been proven they're heretics...

Why do there still exist non-Reformed Christians? It's been proven they're heretics, this has been settled for hundreds of years.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synod_of_Dort
youtube.com/watch?v=k3MzZgPBL3Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Arminians, Papists and Crypto-Arians, explain yourselves.

i as a catholic believe that on occasion the pope can invoke the Holy Spirit, and when he does so he is infallible, never had a pope invoked the Holy Spirit and decreed Catholicism is a false faith

So you only care what the Pope says, not what scripture says?
Well, you're Pope has also "infallibly" declared Islam to be true.

?

Hello?

bump

Blah blah blah
Behold!
Bait!
>It's been proven they're heretics, this has been settled for hundreds of years.
[citation needed]

All Christians are heretical to each other. You can believe you are "right" when another says you are "wrong"

True Christianity is in the Heart, not in a building, not in a commonly accepted idea of Christianity.

Some people love the Pope, others hate the Pope. Some people eat bread at church, others see the lack of devotion in church.

We are all different.

I just found out Deism is the masterrace religion, but Lutheran and Reformed teachings will always be a huge influence to me.

For example when people say they have free will. You don't have free will, you're a slave to you baser instincts. When you say you such and such decisions, or you adhere to such and such ideology, out of your own free choice, you're fooling yourself. All you're really doing is acting on your driven by your desires like an ox.

>Deism
>religion

deism is fucking weak

its just aquinas without the 'extra' religious flair

diests work under the exact same theological framework as christians but just wont admit that they are, in fact, christian

>its just aquinas without the 'extra' religious flair
There's literally nothing wrong with that. I also take much from Plato, Schopenhauer, and everything that seems true by anyone irrespective of their backgrounds. But here's the difference. I don't have to pretend that the mythological aspects of their religion and philosophy (Plato had myths too; the bible can be interpreted as Platonic myths, and have been so by, for example, Philo of Alexandria) are literally true, only images of metaphysical concepts.

Why do there still exist non-Orthodox Christians? It's been proven they're heretics, this has been settled for thousands of years.

I kinda agree
I admire catholicism for its philosophy, mysticism, and theology
But the pope can eat a million dicks, I disagree with papal infallibility
This argentinian nigger is a traitor

Please do tell if their is a reform movement for me right this moment
I want to be catholic, but I hate the pope

>only images of metaphysical concepts.

this is the fundamental position of the early iconoclastic christians and also almost the entirety of islamic thought. it's fine to be a deist, but just be aware that for the most part, its just the decaffeinated form of abrahamic tradition. wanting to do away with the 'images' is an idea christians have already had (and some implemented) centuries ago

(me)
For example sin is to act in a manner not conformable with reason. And the rule of sin is signified mythologically by "Satan". But when we act with reason or "logos" than indeed we are following Christ, as it were.

>just be aware that for the most part, its just the decaffeinated form of abrahamic tradition
I'm okay with this, but as I said I'm open for different influences.

SSPX, Sedevacantism?

Bless this post

Excellent thread my friend, I'm sure it will invoke wonderful discussion

Sspx isnt catholic enough, sedavacantism doesnt deny papal infallibility, it just says the seat is vacant of a just and real ruler.
I need something that denies papal infallibility in general

Get those instruments and images out of God's Kirk. He gave us the means and words with which to offer Him praise.

youtube.com/watch?v=k3MzZgPBL3Q

Simple fact that makes protestants eternally BTFO is the fact that priests have the ability to make wine and bread into the divine escence of god, not only that but most prostestants sects do not have priest which is one pf the main things Iesus created.
Im writing in my phone so sorry for mistakes.

>Devouring my savoir
>Passing my savoir through your bowels

I owe my salvation to God and His son Jesus Christ alone, He (God) gave me the intelligence to search for and find the truth by opening my mind to His word and receiving in my soul His grace which then revealed to me the truth of the written word of God.

Orthodox?

So you read the Bible without any background information, in most catholic Bibles we have small colums of information to give us cobtext and language clues to understand the bible, most Priest have to study 9 years to really understand the circumstances of what is written in the Bible.
Also it is necessary to have one of the 7 sacraments (eating the wine and bread) because it represents the last supper and males us remember the sacrifice of God

No Holy Spirit?

We do not have priests because there is no resacrifice in the sacrament. No priest can reach up into heaven and pull Christ down to earth, and there is no other mediator between God and man but Christ our High Priest. Therefore, Christ Himself is both the author and the substance of the sacrament. When the lawfully ordained minister takes the elements, ordinary bread and wine, and unites them with the Word as instituted by Christ, there He has promised to be, and when we partake in faith we eat the true body and blood of Christ, not by any power in the priest but by the power of the Word and of the Holy Spirit who exhibits and confers the grace visually represented by the elements. He instituted the sacrament to feed us, not so that we may impiously sacrifice Him again and again, and worship the elements, and pass Him through our bowels.

>in most catholic Bibles we have small colums of information to give us cobtext and language clues to understand the bible
This is a practice that pretty much began with the Geneva Bible. Catholics didn't start doing this until much later.

This is why you can't treat all so-called Protestants the same. In the Presbyterian church I grew up in, ministers are generally required to have a bachelor's degree and to earn a divinity degree at seminary. They are required to demonstrate fluency in systematic, historical, and practical theology, as well as the ability to competently preach the Bible from the original languages. They are required to subscribe the church's confession of faith and catechisms as well as to be able to defend the same in oral examination before they can be ordained.

Lay members are encouraged to study the Bible for themselves, but there is no right of individual interpretation. Ministers have been disciplined for teaching their own interpretations contrary to church teaching, although that doesn't happen enough (much more than it does in the Catholic church though).

Reformed Protestantism is Biblical, Catholic and Orthodox.

That's a rather Zwinglian interpretation of the Eucharist, m8.

>So you only care what the Pope says, not what scripture says?
why not both?

>islam to be true

Because they were destined by God to damnation.

Supralapsarians pls go.

They conflict

Why do you care about your little sectarian divides? You're all 2,000 year old Jewish heresy anyway.

>not worshiping the sun

this, I'm Presbyterian too, our ministers are very well educated and have to be able to read least Greek and Hebrew. Most Catholic priests are not even that well educated in Latin

t. pelagian

bump

Explain this

Wow look at the Calvinist God

Too bad Sola Scriptura isn't in Early Christianity or the Bible.

Guess you Calvinshits are heretics

>never had a pope invoked the Holy Spirit and decreed Catholicism is a false faith
That's like summoning Apollo who declares Zeus to be a false god.
Of course the fucking Holy Spirit is going to be pandering, it's part of the goddamn theology.

Also it would take a strangely noble and open minded human as Pope to willingly rid himself of his power and nice robes.

Irenaeus destroying Sola Fide

m8 haven't you been BTFO enough times to stop shitposting?

Kek, papist pretending he cares what scripture says

My explanation is terminal autism
I recommend suicide

OCC

>Catholics say its fanciful that the scripture is divine, but believe wine and bread become Jesus for cannibalism every Sunday

I am the one who BTFOs Protestants.

Too bad mother fucker. You can't even prove my point wrong

>Calvinists so Autist they can't answer the argument

Explain this

How the fuck did the Pope declare Islam to be true?

M E T A P H O R you dense shit. Try thinking for yourself for once; your beloved church tradition isn't going to save you pal.

Not according to Early Church Father Ignatius and Paul you dumbshit

>M E T A P H O R you dense shit.
Not him or a Christian, but you're just assuming it's a metaphor because it doesn't fit your belief system. There is no way that "they confess not the Eucharist to be the flesh of our Saviour Jesus Christ" is a metaphor. Are you telling me that this guy believes that people who refuse to use a certain metaphor should be socially ostracized?

>my ceaseless shitposting counts as an argument

>posting academic sources and church fathers is shitpost

Get a load of this shit

Catholics are the original christians. You're all heretics that will burn in hell for eternity.

TRAITORS!

Some of you even live in sin by not being baptized as babies. How can you live with yourselves?

>I always spam the same images while constantly moving the goalposts to avoid the facts that disagree with my preconceived notions

There isn't even any notion of papal infallibility in early christianity

No Protestants ever prove me wrong.

And not once do I ever receive any adequate explanation or anything about how I avoid facts which disagree with me.

Show can only shitpost but you can't prove anything for shit

You Papists make me sick
Take your false doctrines back to hell, filthy heretic

Scripture was invented by the Catholic Church. They chose what books would make it into the Bible, and excluded a whole bunch of others that could have made it in.

Kill yourself?

The Eucharist is metaphorical, which is a commonly held Protestant view, sir. When Jesus told his disciples to be nourished on his flesh and blood when giving them bread and wine, it's pretty obvious he was speaking metaphorically about how he will nourish the spiritual wants of humanity with his sacrifice. He did not mean that the bread and wine was literally his flesh and blood, yet Catholics and Orthodox genuinely believe that every Sunday their foodstuffs are magically transformed into bread-tasting flesh and wine-tasting blood.

>be Protestant
>get bombarded by academic sources that opposes his bullshit
>only sperg out without any proper argument or refutation

Deists believe in a creating God who never touches the world after the creation, Christians believe in a God who is constantly sustaining the world.

What we now know as the Roman Catholic Church didn't exist until the schism.

That's a shitty argument, unless the Catholic Church is God (blasphemy) you're saying canon was not determined by God but men

Don't forget Paul(who sees the whole Eucharist as a re-presentation of Christ's death) and Ignatius who follows suit in the magical route

>Wow look at the Calvinist God

You mean the Biblical God.

I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.
Isaiah 45:7

>Barely relevant pages of Catholic textbooks are academic sources
Yeah, okay buddy.

That's fair, but it still does'nt justify basing one's faith on scripture rather than the original institution that created the scripture in the first place. All this means is that Orthodox and Catholic believers are the only ones who have it right.

>be Papist
>go to Hell

God created scripture, blasphemer

>Church Fathers, Catholic
>secular academic sources, Catholic

Wow

Good by that logic, your God is immoral for ascribing responsibility upon things with no power or capability to even move itself!

kill yourself

yes, stay mad

Don't you have some little boys to rape?

Apparently God made it such that this Scripture have to be binded together with Tradition

I don't because by your logic, God is the one who made it such!

prove it with scripture

I don't get this whole shit about papist going to hell. We all believe in Jesus, we all believe in scripture, and from what I can tell, you guys say that all you need to do to go to heaven, is believe that Jesus Christ is the lord and savior. News flash, Catholics also believe that. Why is this shit flinging going on. I'd get these debates if it was still the 30 years war or some something, but that time is long past. We must now come together as christians in our entirety, and hold ourselves up the Christ. I am Roman Catholic, but that doesn't mean I condemn or hate baptist, or Lutherans, or Calvinist, or that whole bunch. Can't we just get along???

Who else but God? He flat out states it. Are you saying he doesn't have sovereign power and control over everything that ever happens?

Did Scripture magically fell from the sky?

How do I read Scripture?

Which books constitutes Scripture and following Sola Scriptura which Scripture can I consult to know?

Are you a fucking gnostic?

>your God is immoral
God is almighty and beyond morality, and he isn't impeded by subjective moral principles.

I'll take that to mean no.

I think Catholics are similar to gnostics in that they both scream NO! NOT FAIR! upon reading about the Biblical God and then invent their own God who only lives in their heads and caters to their personal set of values.

Your evil church teaches there is no salvation outside of itself
To be saved by God's grace you must have faith in it
Catholics teach the false doctrine of salvation by works, you don't have faith God will save you.

Same goes for Orthodox.

>neither is God the author of sin, nor is violence offered to the will of the creatures; nor is the liberty or contingency of second causes taken away, but rather established.
Westminster Confession of Faith

>Moreover, we condemn Florinus and Blastus, against whom Irenaeus wrote, and all who make God the author of sin.
Second Helvetic Confession

>The cause or guilt of this unbelief as well as of all other sins is no way in God, but in man himself
Canons of Dordt

>Yet God is not the author of, nor can he be charged with, the sin that occurs.
Belgic Confession

The Calvinist churches have already established and confessed what sort of God they believe in, and they explicitly condemned the view you say they held (while quoting a chapter on Luther).

Calvin and all those other people are nothing but false prophets. Pope was chosen by God himself.
You will all burn in hell.

Your religious group relies on man made tradition that nullifies Gods Word and is Pharisaical.

>Your evil church teaches there is no salvation outside of itself
As do you. Or do "true Bible-believing Christians" believe the Dalai Lama is going to heaven despite him being outside the "true Bible-believing Christian Church?"

>To be saved by God's grace you must have faith in it
And who are you, O Arbiter of What Others Believe? Can one profess faith in God's Grace and be honest in it whilst not being your particular flavor of American Evangelical Christianity? What makes you qualified to know another's heart with such pompous self-assurance?

>Catholics teach the false doctrine of salvation by works, you don't have faith God will save you.
>You teach the false doctrine of salary by works, you don't have faith your employer will pay you.

Do you even know what "works" entails to us? Do you even realize that many of the things you assaninely bash Catholics for not doing based solely on what Parson Mitch told you, are "works" as far as Catholics are concerned and you treat them the way we do? "True Christians read the bible and God damns those who don't read the Bible" your pastor at "First Bible Fellowship in the Lord" bleats out, that's "saved by works" talk if I ever heard it.