How do you mentally recover after losing 60% of your money on a stock?

How do you mentally recover after losing 60% of your money on a stock?

How did you manage to do that?

learn and do better next time.
you fuckin burned tha house down?
fucking get ur tools and rebuild it before your wife comes home, next time dont fuckin fall asleep with a blunt on ur lips dingus.

You don't because you always knew stock investment has a high risk and you only used it with your surplus money.

Did you buy MGT? kek

Learn what went wrong and move on.

If you can't - you're not suited for the market.

Bought MGT at 4.60 back in May

Veeky Forums said it was going to go to $10.

> buying a pump and dump
cmon' what did you think was going to happen?

jesus never listen to Veeky Forums. same with the ethereum trolls trying to raise the price of their stock

You average down hard enough to make it seem like you haven't lost that much.

And you honestly believed it?

Maybe you did deserve to lose it, chum

bro you gotta hurry up and make moves to earn that money back. I'll give you a hint, take your remaining 40% and buy ethereum classic. You'll get your 60% back soon.

>don't actually do this
>I'm making a point

see what I did there? that's the advice people on here will give you and it's shitty advice. you gotta learn what to listen to on here. start depending on yourself and your own knowledge more than the knowledge on here. If you don't have knowledge, get it. I read 50 books a day and I just got this brand new lamborghini over there.

Les Brown

Depends.
Did you have a sell point in mind (like $2.75) beforehand?
Or did you have to do one of those gut wrenching "I can't lose anymore money" desperation selloffs?

Because those are kind of a bitch.

Figure out what you did wrong.
Don't do it again.

By never putting more than 10% of your money in a single stock again.
By making sure the stocks you do invest in are diverse and aren't connected to the same risks.

If you put that much money in one single stock, that you could loose 60% of it, you have not been mentally sane. Therefore no need to recover.

>diversification, ever heard?

by putting the rest in trumpcoin, then walk away.

Make 60% back

MGT went up 10x in a period of 2 weeks back in may. before that it was in sleep mode. if you read tim syke's pennystock 101, you would easily identify this type of movement as a supernova. the best play for it would've been short selling as soon as it stopped the exponential growth. you could've shorted the stock when it reached something like $3.8 and covered at $3.3 on the same day. you couldnt have predicted when the price was going to plumet, but you should've known it had to plumet at some point. that is the fate of 90% of all penny stocks, especially in this case.

Use the remaining 40% to recover but actually make SMART investments not dumb risky meme stocks

Build a stable portfolio with slam-dunk hits like SPY, BRK.B and GLDR. Gold is going to go up pending bank failures in Europe (they're already failing on their 30 year bonds).

As mentioned before, learn from your mistakes and read books. I recommend "Trade your way to financial freedom", especially for you since you probably screwed up your position size and took too high risk. Also "How to make money in stocks" is recommended to pick the winner stocks. You should learn how to pick stocks by yourself and not listen to anyone else. These will help you do that.

Also you shoud wait until the end of the year before buying stocks, there's probably a correction coming. "Sell in May and go away".

Hi all, new to stock market. I a) need a trustworthy site to use and b) want some advice, i am thinking about buying apple stock in anticipation of the announcement of the new macbooks and sales of those.

Is buying low quantity, such as 5 (pieces?) of stock worth doing? Even if its $5/$10 profit per stock? Or would it be better buying lots of lower priced?

Chill man it will come back.

Might be a while though.

You may even have to wait a year.

I think McCaffee still has some tricks up his sleeve and is commited to making the company a success.

Dubs of truth.

You can do diversified mid risk stocks

Im planning on doing 60% leveraged etfs, 40% playing earnings ratio

Btw dont play meme stocks long. If you can get a short, large jump put of many meme stocks youd outperform meme stock riders and be safer too.

1-3% gains a day is insane annual returns.

This. keep doubling down, then when it returns to $3.50 you will still have made money

>taking investment advice from people on Veeky Forums

Don't worry op 60% of your net worth is only $6

You're suppose invest your extra money that're lying around and have no purpose. Just fucking move on and try again if you're willing to take the risk again.

Its just money

>I think McCaffee still has some tricks
I have no doubt this is true.
But what they can do to elevate morale, other than suck dick, is beyond me.

Investing in investment? Did you get a small business loan to buy the stock by putting up your shirt as collateral?

Dude, I sometimes lose large amounts of cash on a single stock from time to time and it fucking sucks. It doesn't really go away until I start on my next venture. You just have to get back on the fucking horse and hope it doesn't buck again. Usually I can make it all back if I really fuck up.

This thread isn't helping

with every following reply you confirm that you deserved losing not only 60%, but the full 100% and more

you're a dumbass little bitch OP

fuck you