Many people on this board seem to be of the kind that wish for Islam to just die off and cease to exist in the world...

Many people on this board seem to be of the kind that wish for Islam to just die off and cease to exist in the world. However, I think that in order for this to even come close to happening, the world also needs to rid itself of Christianity and other religions.

One simply cannot look at the faults of Islam - from the fraudulent Koran to its history of violence - and denounce it while at the same time ignoring both the fraudulent nature of the Christian Bible and Christianity's history of violence and abuse.

In other words, if one wants to get rid of a religion, one needs to get rid of all the religions. Subject yourself to the same scrutiny and criticism that you subject on the other religion. Christians are often fond of calling out Islam over the 'Satanic verses' and other interpolations that show the Koran to be anything but divinely-inspired, but go completely ballistic upon hearing of the pseudepigraphical nature of the books in the NT and the interpolations/anachronisms in the Bible that show it to also be anything but divinely-inspired.

You can't have your cake and eat it.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dualism_(philosophy_of_mind)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

These are both meme positions, realistically you cannot kill religions that big without resorting to genocide

Yes, Abrahamic faiths should be eliminated.

As a great man once said;

>Jewish books are for the Jews, and Jew messiahs too
>but if you're not of Jewish blood, how can they be for you?

Or just you know not let muslims in?
Christianity will die off on it's own+most of the christians are watered down.

Humanism is a hallmark of Christianity's intellectual legacy and without ideas like the incarnation (i.e. that the logos could inhabit human flesh) scientism/the cult of reason would not even exist.

You can't have your cake and it too.

But scientism and the fetishization of reason are bad.

Tell that to the Atheists™

>Humanism is a hallmark of Christianity's intellectual legacy

Not particularly. Christianity was not the only religion that elevated the individual (this was the development that led to humanism) to importance: Greek neo-Platonism held the individual to be unique and special - that a divine 'spark' could exist within humans, that the human essence transcended the physical world, etc.

Yes particularly; without the incarnation you're stuck in a dualistic reality where the ideal "spirit" world cannot interact with the material world. This is just Gnosticism.

Christianity itself is merely the hallmark of the pagan Hellenic legacy.

Christianity and it's family are just a Jewish cult gone mad. So yeah, it should all go, all stay, or all slowly fade away.

Problem is, most of the idiots who call for the death of Islam don't actually give a shit about Islam or religion itself, it's just about keeping the brown barbarians out. They also tend to be "muh Christian heritage, deooos voolt".

I mean a great example of this logic is all the Christian anti-semites, who somehow fail to recognize that they worship a Jewish god, in a religion meant for Jews.

Bible is correct, Koran is not. They're not equals.

It perfects Hellenistic ideas certainly.

Neo-platonism ≠ Gnosticism

>without the incarnation you're stuck in a dualistic reality where the ideal "spirit" world cannot interact with the material world.

And you are telling me that Christianity is not dualistic itself?

>sin vs. good
>worldly matters vs. divine

The value of the supposed incarnation in having reconciled the material to spiritual is completely null considering Christians take the positions that their Jesus never committed any real sins. He was supposedly celibate and without sin: he was made flesh, but never acted as though he were of the flesh aside from those things that ensured his biological survival.

>However, I think that in order for this to even come close to happening, the world also needs to rid itself of Christianity and other religions.

Bravo, you're now intellectually at the stage of a 15 year old.

The world would be great without religion, but the world would also be great without poverty, without dictatorships, without human rights violations. We all can agree with these platitudes - the question is, how to bring them about and then, to do it.

sage

t.assblasted Christcuck

>However I think

Everyone has something against someth8ng, religion political and basically you want your own idea of Islam and Christianity to be accepted by everyone because you believe your own belief is right

Yet again this is Veeky Forums, a place where opinions are seen as facts and the best insult is seen as the "winner" of an argument

You just proved him right.

I mean dualistic in this sense:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dualism_(philosophy_of_mind)

Furthermore you're hardly in a position to declare what Christ accomplished "null and void." Jesus is unique in history, he is set apart, and this is why He alone is without sin that He might be a perfect sin offering for sinners.

>Christianity create modern Europe and Western culture
>Islam ruined MENA
>they are basically the same

>>Christianity create modern Europe and Western culture
>mfw christcucks actually believe this

But genocide is fun
Fuck off

Key word: modern.

You're right, nothing says Christianity quite like a painting of the goddess Venus

>But genocide is fun

Until it happens to you. And if it did, you'd be crying like a little bitch.

Botticelli was Catholic.

You're right, he was also not of one of the american literalist DOOS FULT fatty type, like you probably are.

Now why don't you piss off and overdose on a whopper

Fuck off Slav.

I wish you knew me.

Your simplistic, excluding version of Christianity tells me you're either from America, or from a country influenced by literalist American style Christianity. Your zeal of purity really betrays you. How you represent your own views and view those of others is vastly different from the ancient people you worship. They had a much more open view towards other religions, even those icky Muslims you probably hate, probably under the influence of 9/11 and ISIS.

You probably got your DOOS FALT version of Catholicism from /pol/. Why don't you go back to your containment board and larp with them

No, they're not the same. But from a theological point of view, they're both religions based on a similar and related premise.

I don't particularly give a fuck if Christianity contributed to modern culture. It's a pile of Jewish cult derived nonsense and we don't need it any more than the Middle East needs Islam.

But keep posting Fedora memes, it'll make you feel better for being a delusional (and historically illiterate, judging from your claim) Christcuck.

Seriously is "le fedora fatman xDDD" the best argument Christians can make on this board? Oh boy you accused me of being from reddit/wearing a fedora, looks like I must wrong, allow me to go put on a Crusader outfit and deus vult the sandniggers as repentance.

see

Adios Dr. Freud and nice triples.

Bye bye. Tell the skinheads from /pol/ I said hi

lol skinheads

It doesn't matter that they are religious

What matters is that these religious muslims are violent and commit jihad

Christians are not committing jihad

out of these two religions, it is clear that one is currently engaged in violent criminality and one is not

>Christians are not committing jihad

Not at the moment. They would if they could.

But I want to die
Suck on that faggot, the kingdom of heaven awaits me for martyrdom

This. These threee are a plague on humanity

>Christfags taking credit from Neo-Platoism yet again

>But I want to die

Then do us the favor and die right now.

>the kingdom of heaven awaits me for martyrdom

Keep deluding yourself if it helps you cope with your failure of an existence.

They're the majority of the world pop, what exactly is stopping them?

posting Fedora memes is appropriate response for your euphoric ignorance, Christianity and Islam had very different development (antiestablishment sect x state religion with legal system; hierarchic system with separate highest church authority x one person is both wordly and religions highest authority etc.) There is no problem with Islam religion per se, but with inability of Islam to adapt European values (created mainly by Christianity), especially secularism.

t. assblasted fat fedora le redditor
>this bothers you, doesn't it?

Reminder that sentimentalists > rationalists, and fedora wearing nu-atheists prove this. Humans can't become objective. They all have inherent biases which they rationalize for justification. A smart person is only different from a dumb person in how well he can justify his biases. Thus a sort of "dictatorship of reason" can only be a dictatorship of feels.

Humans can only be controlled through love, pure love given unto them by Christ. Only with religion may society prosper. Once the plague of atheism takes hold, society's values start to decay.

Literally Buzzwords: the post

The problem isn't religion itself. I'm an atheist, but i don't have a problem with religion, that's a personal freedom.
What i do have a problem is organized religion. People can have their faith, without someone telling them what to do.
I've met people in my country which are christians but don't feel the need to go to church, or to live by what the pope says. They have their own relationship with god, without the middle guy.

What is
>christian militias (half of them are FBI cells, kek)
>bombing abortion clinics and trying to fuck with Planned Parenting
I'm a Christcuck too, and holy fuck these things are happening in America.

You've even exported your form of Think Tank-funded crazy to Singapore.

Christianity is already dying ironically for the very reason many people claim to practice it

>, if one wants to get rid of a religion, one needs to get rid of all the religions

We got rid of Norse, Greek, and Egyptian cults pretty efficiently without getting rid of ALL religions

holy Trips don't lie

>Bible
>divinely inspired but written by fallible humans

>Quran
>a direct literal dictation from God

>Christians
>manipulate and strategically ignore parts of their religion to justify violence

>Islam
>the necessity of violence as a tool for the advancement of the religion and how precisely to carry it out codified in their direct transcription from god

y-yes! cl-clearly they are the same! I cannot refute this "logic"!