NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums' channel by Antibully ranger
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

NA: [KUMA]: na.wargaming.net/clans/1000021519
EU: [NOFUN]: eu.wargaming.net/clans/500011239/

Previous thread: →

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_L5xJ3biZ_w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Which of the cruiser lines is the most consistently not-godawful atm?

>WG see this
>CV now have smoke planes
And that's how you kill a vidya

IJN

None :^)

Japs probably.
You really can't go wrong with any of the IJN lines.

>tfw up to 9 hours straight of patching
fucking kangaroo internet

nth for PERFLAT
Who /hype/ for BaBBie deletions

I wonder for how long a smoke screen like that holds up

I play USN CA and you can't do anything about it ))))))))))

USN DDs > IJN ones after this patch though.

I'm not saying they're all the best in their class, just that nobody is going to get shafted by going down any of the lines.

Wasn't trying to imply you were. My bad.
Is there even any point of using Shimakaze over Gearing at this point though?

You can still fill parts of the maps with torps, and there are still people out there dumb enough to run into them.
I'd still rather see Gearings on my team though.

Which bote is the cutest in a non-sexual way?

The one with some sort of veranda at the stern

>have time for just one battle
>open the game
>it starts downloading
>a minute later see this
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME WG?

Gearing because I like the 5"/38 turrets.

They extended the 2x for victories by one more day.

I'm so happy.

Aoba soon!!!

The patch takes more than 15 minutes to install kek.

>fled from atago, izumo and bucky with my fullfy tail badly touched with 73 hp as blysk
>sunk from smoke a fleeing nearly ded baltimore... kind of stole her :3
>survived the battle as one of two ships who did it
>still lost

i ranted so much when i saw our bb accurately sailing around an empty enemy cap god forbid to cap it and to give as a chance to win....

Even on a SSD?

How do you position your BB?

Just max range?

what the fuck is this garbage ass post

~1-3km away from my concealment range to the nearest enemy bote

p. much

Utilize the long standoff distance to avoid getting dinged up by smaller game and save that HP pool for when you finally run out of things to shoot and need to get close. Maybe try and hang around a cruiser. Literal ez mode point and click adventure.

full aggressive, charging down the enemy and citpenning them to death, angling my armor trying to manage damage as best as possible.
I didn't grind to 46cm guns just so I could sit at 27km and have dispersion ruin my fun.

there are several of them, bogatyr, warspite and i believe some other

What is citpenning?

Citadel penetration.
Basically it's hitting the important parts of the ship that don't react well to being hit, like boilers or magazines. With AP rounds it means the shell does it's maximum damage, which on BBs is like 10-15k damage per shell.

When you penetrate someone in their citadel.

Mostly caused by shooting at the waterline of side-on ships, but some botes Yamato can smash pretty much anything from any angle.

The citadel is like an armoured box around the vital parts of the ship. Pic related.

>battleships
any range will do just fine, as long as you're angled correctly.
>crusiers
10-15km is the best range, but never sail straight
>destroyers
Most of the times you won't know where they are, but as a rule of thumb always change course after an island or when you see smoke, and when you see them never face them with your bow, ALWAYS run away from them.
>carriers
There's no safe position. Stick with your cruisers as much as you can, but you'll surely lag behind since they're faster and because this is a team game where nobody knows what teamplay is.

>Always run away from them
T. shitter

Is this correct? Fubukis torps can max out 72 knots, kagero 81 and shimakaze 81 ? kagero and shima gonna die hard though since they cant stealth torp that

So, what's your suggestion when you suddenly find yourself in a BB against a DD at close range with no support whatsoever (remember: your cruisers suicided or just run away leaving your slow fat ass behind)? Pull mad doriftos and WASD your way through? No wait, I know what: press spacebar to jump out of the water and over the wall of torps! Yeah, that will work!

8km range on those fast torps though, so yes, they can still stealth fire them.

Get tier V secondary meme skill and be a Yamato

:^)

Mosdt high tier ijn dd players probably took the torp acceleration skills whuch cuts off 20% range, so 8 km becomes 6,4.

>someone asks suggestions on how to play battleships
>he's probably at the beginning of a BB line
>get a tier V skill and a tier X BB
>mfw

DESU I really like that skill on Hotel and wouldn't do it away, sure it only comes handful at times and you sacrifice other shit for it, but theres nothing more glorious when secondaries alone melt away half the hp of a cocky Tirpitz, in better games I get 50-60k damage from them alone.

If you find yourself at close range to a DD, you've done something horribly wrong. Just turn your bow into them to minimize damage.

>angled correctly

What do you mean?

Well then, if he's at low tiers there's nothing that can torp wall down there apart from Derzki and mabe Is-a-slav, and their torps suck ass.

USN BBs can juke pretty well at those tiers so going in face first is viable and low tier IJN are pretty agile too, although they have wider turning radius.

Why do people say Hipper is amazing? If you don't get enough retards showing broadside to you you can barely do shit, even fucking BBs start turning the moment they see me

>If you find yourself at close range to a DD, you've done something horribly wrong
Yeah, like surviving your retarded team, and finding that a romulan starship just decloaked 8km from you. My bad: I should just rush my way in front of everyone's shells and die horribly in the first five minutes like every other fucking shitter in any WG game.

>Just turn your bow into them to minimize damage.
If you turn your bow against a DD you minimize the distance and increase the relative velocity between you and any possible torp, giving you less time and space to dodge them. Great suggestion.

In other games you deal 0 damage with them. I'll just buff my main guns instead

It doesn't make a difference.
On the other hand: I successfully installed the patch (EU) and now having random disconnects either mid-game or before a match starts.
Quality WG programming.

Switch to HE, and start evading hard, trying to anticipate where his torps will come from, and try hit him.

Unless the DD is at point blank range you can suprisingly evade lot of his shit sent at you, but you need to think ahead.

Armor angling is a thing.
If you're sitting flat broadside on to the enemy, you're likely to get citpenned and lose your entire health bar, whereas keeping your ship at some kind of angle means that AP shells will be more likely to bounce off and not do any damage.

You have to make your shells hit his broadside as purpendicular as possible, while making his hit at the highest angle possible. Pic related, it's one of the possible scenarios.

>buff my main guns
>with a tier 5 captain skill
what

What main gun upgrade you sacrifice? The accuracy buff is the only I can think of and frankly I haven't noticed it helping much, even though I used it on most of my BBs and Yamato too.

>Buff guns
>With captain skills

Nah mate, the alternative is buffing survivability by speccing stuff like jack of all trades.

I have full main battery modules on Yamato but I still run meme secondaries on tier V captain skill because I usually make use of them at least once per game, even if it's just finishing off some retard cruiser who got too close to net some more close quarters flags.

Because turning broadside and eating 12 torps is a lot better than taking 2 to the bow.

If I'm playing a DD, which one should I fear more: Moskva or Hindenburg?

Moskva

The slav one because radar and working HE shells.

Des Moines

hakuryu

Grumman F8F

This. Hipper is a meme. A terrible one at that.

What are the general roles in WoWS?

I think DD is for shotgunning BBs, but what about the rest?

German except for tier 7

bbs fite bbs and cas
cas do pest control of dds and bonfire bbs and cvs
cvs are cunts

Premium USS Prinz Eugen when?

BB:Bruiser
DD:Assassin
CV:Carry
CA:Jungle mob

Normally you would go full secondary specs/mods if you have secondary armament accuracy skill on your captain. This means you drop the gun accuracy mod for secondary range mod, which is pretty much a must on IJN BBs due to the shitty dispersion and 16% reduction is really noticeable.

You play Yamato for those 460mm guns, not puny secondary guns.

I guess it's fine so long as your team pushes with you against those Shima torps.

Where are you? We gotta grind to hind in 1 day.

x2 Credits and XP mission for NA has been extended until the 30th.

Have a nice and profitable day /wowsg/!

I still have my hotel set up for main battery everywhere possible, but with the T5 secondary skill and AFT because I wanted to try them out when they changed the skill and now I'm too cheap to bother looking into changing it to anything else. I wouldn't argue that it's the best build at all but it's pretty fun, you get pretty effective secondaries while never having to sacrifice the performance of the 46cm guns.

You can keep the skill since WG intends to change (buff?) it.

It just feels underwhelming for me since you can't exactly see whether your secondary shell hit the enemy bote or not (no hit ribbons) except their health bar decreasing slowly.

First fucking game and already down 3 reports.

loony pls

I don't mind not having ribbons, but I really wish they'd give us the damage numbers to see what's actually happening.
I mean it can't be that hard for them to do. I guess it's going to be another 'to complicate for player)))))))))))))' situations or something equally dumb.

>first game played so far
>40 - 1000 domination defeat
the night is off to a good start.

Odd: grind IJN CV
Even: grind German CA
Zero: grind Soviet DD

Rolling.

now, this north carolina never moved for the whole match and i believe was afk...

I have a T9 german and IJN CA.
Why are they completely fucking useless compared to their predecessors?
There is no fun in these ships and they are just grind.

whoa that smoke thing is pretty cool. wonder how many types of cancer it gave you

>Switch to HE,
>the DD is already at close range
'no'
always fire what you have loaded first

roon is easy the best t9 ca, lol

maybe multiple people rammed into him but he had the anti ram damage flag up?

youtube.com/watch?v=_L5xJ3biZ_w

>doesn't keep HE loaded for the first shots into what will obviously be an enemy DD trying to cap
>laughs when he snipes a kill with AP
what a shitlord

>like my 2nd game of the night
>200k damage loss with our dead friendly Gearing spending half of the game yelling at me in all chat for being useless despite topping the team at the end of the game after 2v1'ing both of their Yamatos and surviving everything while being at the front line for almost the entire game

Mods still broken?

>Siema
>8k Torps
>BBs camp spawn like usual
>Millions of DDs everywhere
>CV divs

oh boy! this is so going to work nicely

That's good customer service, but
>played 25 games yesterday
>played 20 or so games the day before, too
Fuck, I'm gonna get burned out on botes.

And I'm now running into the problem where I don't have enough money to afford all the ships and upgrades I'm unlocking.

>And I'm now running into the problem where I don't have enough money to afford all the ships and upgrades I'm unlocking
everybody runs in it on like tier 7 or so

>The Meaty Dongles

Just got Nurnberg. How much suffering am I in for?

>And I'm now running into the problem where I don't have enough money to afford all the ships and upgrades I'm unlocking.
This is my problem too. Compared to WoT, it's very easy to farm free exp in this game. I have hundreds of thousands of free exp but not enough credits to make them useful.

>tfw you 1v2 a Fuso and NM to finish dragging your team, kicking and screaming, to victory

Just keep in mind that this is not a race to T10. You don't have to unlock and upgrade as many ships as possible. Enjoy the ones you currently have, and slowly work up your way through the tree.

If you don't feel like grinding more or you're getting tired, take a break. Go take a walk, watch some TV or play ships you like even if they're no longer part of the grind. While the event may be a rare and useful chance, it's not worth it if in the end you get burnt out and stop playing your ships altogether.

Remember, it's supposed to be fun!

>commander xp weekend
das a lot of commander xp. x2 for a win, 50% extra if you sink a ship

I wonder who could be behind this design decision. . .

>that damage
>only 1 citpen
How is this even possible?

penetration

he played against new york and new mexicos probably

Warspite's guns do a shitload of damage even with just regular non-cit penetrations.
I remember when I used to play mine it wasn't uncommon to get a lot of 10-12k non-cit salvos against similar tier BBs.

this mm is a bullshit, win several games each time barely and get several stomps sometimes that your team cannot even kill a single enemy ship