/hbg/ - Homebrew and Hacking general

Last thread: >/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browserhax/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.4 (5.5.1 IOSU delayed indefinitely)
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade+a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Other consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-New features for the currently relevant CFWs have been/are being added. Check their respective threads/changelogs.
-AuReiNand renamed to Luma3DS, split into Dev and non-Dev releases.
-ReiNand now supports the original 3DS and FIRM protection.
-Preview2 release of NTR 3.4 exclusively for the New 3DS. It allows streaming to PC, among other things. github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/3.4preview2
-FBI rewritten from scratch, with new features like decoding title names and removing tickets github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases
-SALT released a save exploit for Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon. smd.salthax.org/

>PS4
-First game ISO dump. ps4news.com/ps4-hacks-jailbreak/driveclub-alpha-read-nfo-ps4-abstrakt-with-decrypted-rifkey-released/

>PSV
-3.60 released. It only patches the Metal Gear Solid VHBL exploit. wololo.net/2016/04/06/playstation-vita-system-software-3-60-is-now-available/

You can use FunKeyCIA (and/or other tools) to download 3DS eShop software using keys from 3ds.nfshost.com/
Check the Pastebin if you want to know more.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/0ypvBFONRRARIJZo
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for 5.5 never ever

Except it's coming in 5 hours, faggot.

>2016
>spreading misinformation on Veeky Forums

first for bullying aurora wright.

> wanting to hack a dead console
ok

>2016
>not spreading misinformation on Veeky Forums
step it up senpai

Story time

>be me
>outside at the bus stop
>there's a pretty girl next to me
>"hey girl, what's up?"
>"eww, don't speak to me, you creep"
>"do you want to go eat something with me?"
>"you look like you're eating non-stop all day, leave me alone asshole"
>she's a bitch, but I don't accept a no
>"our children would be so cute"
>she's not saying anything
>"come with me, I want to introduce you to my mother"
>she starts walking away while still ignoring me
>"i'll boil you bananas for breakfast every day if you like that stuff"
>she's now running
>I start chasing her
>she falls
>"PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE I WILL CALL THE POLICE"
>show her my 3DS game collection (pic related)
>"PLEASE GO AWA- wait... this is all yours?"
>"yeah, it's pretty nice, huh?"
>"I-It's the most beatiful collection I h-have ever seen."
>"I even have both kirby games"
>"Y-You said that you want to go eat with m-me, does that offer still stand?"
>"LOL NO, cuck off, gold digger"
>leave while laughing at that dumb bitch
>hear her crying
>have the biggest grin in my face all day

>update redNAND
do I launch luma then update the RedNAND once it loads?
or will i be in SYSNAND

Is Frogger 3D any good?

no

when i'm setting up a shuffle themeset in chmm2, why is there always one theme that has the same music as another and how do i fix it?

> impliziert dass deutsche Frauen ueberhaupt Spiele moegen
Bring dich um.

I need confirmation because I'm not really sure.
Is 0004013000008002 v14336 the latest European NS module and 0004003000009802 v24576 latest European home menu?
I want to uninstall the RF patches (Home menu and NS) and use the 3ds_injector.cake instead.
Also, I can't boot without disabled signature checks. Would re-installing the real home menu and NS fix that?

It's amazing how many less questions are asked here when it's school hours.

>Frogger
>good

>updating rxtools
>boot the 3ds
>"rxtools is installing some data"
>"this will not take over a minute"
>it's been 3 minutes

I haven't played any version past C64 times. But Frogger is/was fun.
Did they change it somehow to make it bad?

Das ist aber nicht nett! :(

please some reply asap wanna get a new 3ds xl from the store right now its closing in 1h and i need to know if:

new 3ds xl models from retail generally come with ips screens now

any kind of firmware is hackable/downgradeable

i can play online without problems using cfw

thanks in advance also pls respond

So I was following Phailect guide up to part 3, but Luma3ds boots me into Sysnand instead of Rednand, and doesn't display SYS or EMU in front of the version number either. Where did I fuck up?

no
kinda
kinda

There are a few classes of title on the eshop, PUBLIC, NONPUBLIC, and UNSEARCHABLE.

NONPUBLIC titles are uninteresting.

UNSEARCHABLE titles are like dev apps and best-buy zelda demos and other cool things like that, but they're not normally purchasable. Those apps have prices, though ($0.00) -- if you edit the eshop .code to force a purchase of them, it'll go through even though they're not listed, and then you download them like any other title.

If you're asking how I found them, I have a program I run periodically that documents everything on the 3ds eshop (5920 titles, as of last night).

don't know
retails come with browserhax ready firmwares
yes if you update the cfw to 10.7

>Bring dich um
Meine Seiten
Das klingt so unglaublich stumpf.

That's very interesting, thanks.

Alright, I'm on step 23 of part 3 of Plailect's guide and getting this. What do? I don't think I had menuhax to begin with, is that what's messing me up?

Wahrscheinlich einer dieser Krauts, die alles so komisch übersetzen müssen. Oder irgendein Google-Übersetzer.

Could you be so kind as to make your program list in plain text like you have for us, so if we were to be interested in grabbing anyone title we wanted, we could do so with the help of your program's list?

> cakes

Fuck it
discord.gg/0ypvBFONRRARIJZo

Anyone?

Pls respond, I'm so close to being done with this step. ;_;

This guide talks about "Updated SysNAND" all the time, part 5.
I've just dumped OTP and restored my sysNAND backup, which was 9.2. Do I just continue on with the guide?

Nevermind, I guess it just means the transition from 2.1 > 9.2 or whatever

menuhax/browserhax is the method you used back in Part 1

How possible it is to get a public title from the jap eshop.

Im looking for Kamen rider ghost: game de kaigan, nobody has uploaded not even in 3dsiso.

Is there a homebrew app to transfer my cartridge save files to digital save files without needing the downloaded game and using the official data transfer tool?

HA FUCK SCREWS

What's the difference between BigBlueMenu and FBI?

>everybody lives where i do
You're retarded. Or maybe just american (as in, you live in the usa, canadians don't seem to be that bad)

bbm has a better ui and works with dlc but can't be injected into h&s

Now that I completed the guide to install arm9loaderhax CFW can I link my 3DS to a Nintendo ID?
Otherwise, is there another way to take screenshots?

Also did I do something wrong or does Kirby Robobot actually have frame issues?

It can, though.
The last 3DS I hacked, I had to inject BBM into H&S because it didn't want to show up in emuNAND when installing with FBI 1.4.1.7 or whatever it was.
So I injected BBM into H&S and it worked.
That was in February, I think.

sega 3d classics yet?

oh, neat

already dumped

Fuck me why can't I find a Bravely Default in Jap .cia? The huezillian site keeps trying to install trojans on my computer.

Downloading something trough CIAngel. Wanted to test it out but downloading seems like it'll take forever, Can i just turn it off to reset it?

Does the new FBI install system titles automatically into the NAND?
Because it doesn't show any way to install into NAND.

so, how do i update stuff, like FBI etc.

>Not enough space left on sd card

it's time to stop

Help I'm retarded.

What do I need in order to use FunKeyCIA/CIAngel?

Do I have to download decrypt9?

Happened in Part 4, larger cap SD should work right? I would just have to copy all files onto it.

You can do that with leaving the screws in and just popping off the sides when you need to. I just did.

How the hell do I boot RedNAND? Where is it?

it has the best cover art of all times, though

Boot into aureinand/luma3ds
There you go

>Happened in Part 4, larger cap SD should work right? I would just have to copy all files onto it.

I had the same exact problems two days ago, you're in for a wild ride.

aw fuck,save me some trouble here

If gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-transfer-emunand-to-another-sd-card-working-on-new3ds.383684/ doesn't work and you aren't a linuxfag you're going to start from scratch.

Thanks, user,
>tfw it just goes black and boots me back to the home menu

thanx, gonna try that

Check your system setting with the option to show it checked in your config

Never mind, I think that was supposed to happen. I now have Emu in front of my firmware.

Is there any way to run WiiWare and Virtual Console games from USB? What are these SNEEK, neek2o and EmuNAND stuff?

It's my understanding that a9lh blocks writing to a partition in the firmware which means Nintendo can never patch it. Couldn't the potentially release an update which fails unless that partition can be written to though?

>updating rxtools

oh shit nigger what are you doing

Will accessing eShop on a9lh (with Luma3DS) delete my DLCs?

What game do I play now that I've completed the guide? Most of the shit I wanted to play I already bought before this.

I dunno. It seems to delete only some of them for me. Couldn't tell you why.

TAIKO

I may end up doing just that. The screws on my backplate are somewhat stripped, and I don't want to lose my glorious IPS panel.

>guys what game should i play
>i won't mention what kind of games i like, or what games i've already played though i like wasting everyones time and not just googling "recommended 3ds games" :^))))

Nope. In fact, even after installing a load of tickets you still have your original eShop downloaded list when you examine your account activity, so redownloading your old stuff should be easy.

Is there a way to take screenshots at will?
More in general, what cool tricks does the CFW have aside region free and other game related management?

yes, with NTR

NTR does both screenshots and streaming via wifi to a PC client though the latter feature in N3DS only. Think remotejoylite if you ever fucked with a PSP.

why does ciangel suck so much? everyfucking time i try to enter a name i get random shit

skip CIAngel entirely: just use FBI, go to 3ds.nfshost, use the QR ticket install feature. Then go to your ticket list, select the title you want, then Install over CDN.

CIAngel is fucking useless.

:(

FBI doesn't display the name of tickets though, it's fucking annoying

It's also sorted numerically by ticket title.

You can either use a program that works so well guides ask you to install it early on or a quickly thrown together hackjob that breaks if you try using it as directed.

pls respond

at least you get stuff, i've gotten no results every time i search for something

to be fair to CIAngel that's on you: without wings.json the program won't do shit.

Anyone got an original hs.app?

So I was following Phailect guide up to part 3, but Luma3ds boots me into Sysnand instead of Rednand, and doesn't display SYS or EMU in front of the version number either. Where did I fuck up?

Not that guy but I have that file and it still doesnt find anything.

I had this problem too: are you using Menuhax and is L your trigger? If so: change it to a different button. Holding L on boot will fetch you Sysnand.

download it with 3DNUS

also: thank mr platelet

>wings.json
The one I have looks something like
>87434503wings.json
Do I have to delete the number string or do I copy it to the folder as is?

>he bought a N3DS

delete the number string and you're good to go

>there are people ITT who waste their precious time searching for titles and fucking with nintendo servers
>they could just download from any cia site
>mfw

>using anything but FunKeyCIA

that's literally the fastest option

CIAngel is only good as a backup in case you don't have access to a computer.

unnecesary, you just can leave it without screwing it

not him but 3dnus doesn't work
i also would like an original hs.app