/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog general. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ #445 - Bunnie's Jacket Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rx-nNeJ3vL4
youtu.be/hBP2gdLRksk?t=1m27s
youtube.com/watch?v=sk1Q-BFgnPM
youtube.com/watch?v=fZIe-Ezs0fg
youtube.com/watch?v=mWmCgTMTdP8
youtube.com/watch?v=CEkmb2Gq1Hg
youtube.com/watch?v=wPu_7v8P-8E
youtube.com/watch?v=LSw58c5Cyno
youtube.com/watch?v=HuBU3pzy7is
youtube.com/watch?v=sEXHeTcxQy4
youtube.com/watch?v=y4Twfs_YcGs
youtube.com/watch?v=h5IYMI-Mxu8
youtube.com/watch?v=Ys4YvHgjylM&index=4&list=PLXyNNSnbIOVEk6pYWSAqZ4HB9uCWQQU8W
youtube.com/watch?v=nM__lPTWThU
youtube.com/watch?v=9bnFEb3qrT0
youtube.com/watch?v=ufHJlWTbYwU
youtube.com/watch?v=9g1QcfQ7kos
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fast

>Bunnie's jacket will never come back

>Bunnie's Jacket and hat won't be worn again
>Antoine will never wear a uniform again
>No chance of a Confederate duster like Uncle Beau again

>making a thread before the old hits bump limit
>using that image
It's like you want us to get into trouble!

>Uncle Beau, Matilda, and Hope are gone forever.

Well, aren't you having fun?

Fun is finite.

>hope is gone forever

I guess you can say hope is lost

Old thread's reached the bump limit.

Not sure what's wrong with the image either, since many OP images are either lewd or violent.

For example, just these right now on the front page:

Oh dear, oh no; cleavage whatever shall we do?

You made it right before we hit the bumplimit and the image might be either too risky for swatbots since /sthg/ is a special case or too off-model and drama artist for some Anons considering the previous thread, but whatever.

>>No chance of a Confederate duster like Uncle Beau again

>>Uncle Beau, Matilda, and Hope are gone forever.

Oh, man...

How fucking awesome would Uncle Beau have been in the current Eggman's Dozen storyline?

I'm SO depressed right now.

Fuck you Penders. :''(

>How fucking awesome would Uncle Beau have been in the current Eggman's Dozen storyline?
Honestly the whole "Evil relative" schtick is filled by Tundra. Granted him and Beau are entirely different, but it'd just seem kind of redundant. I personally think the set up we have now is pretty damn good

Is Thunderbolt gonna have to eat all the eggs?

>Hope
I honestly don't like that dime store Maria

I agree. Outside of her role, personality, set of skills, backstory, outlook on life and pretty much everything, she is Maria

as long as we're playing the what if game;

What if the final egg boss was revealed to be Scourge?

I'd love to see some Uncle Beau/Scourge interactions as a parallel to Bunnie/Sonic.

>Honestly the whole "Evil relative" schtick is filled by Tundra. Granted him and Beau are entirely different, but it'd just seem kind of redundant. I personally think the set up we have now is pretty damn good

>Granted him and Beau are entirely different

You've just pointed it out yourself. Plus, Beau is not exactly "evil".

The story could have played both Beau and Tundra off each other using the dynamic about how both of them have relatives on the side of good.

THE WORK OF ONE WHO CONSORTS WITH BEASTS!

>I'd love to see some Uncle Beau/Scourge interactions as a parallel to Bunnie/Sonic.

kek

I love it.

It'd basically be Scourge vs. Sonic's dad, Part 2. Except Beau wouldn't take his shit.

Maybe if she was drawn better without big Mickey Mouse boots and androgynous overalls I'd be a bit softer on her, but does shadow need a Maria like character?

>tfw the Pendering removed some of the best plot points of the old universe in their prime
>Beau, Elias, Geoffery, Hershey, Finitevus, Dimitri, Lien-Da and Khan were all developing or were going to develop into some good shit
>It's gone now
>It's implied that Snively just dies in his cell, the Echidnas were killed off by a genocidal one man holocaust and Nic was murdered by her brother
>Penders

I am so fucking mad.

LHT2 never

Why is male human on female mobian so perfect?

What song makes you want to go FAST?
youtube.com/watch?v=rx-nNeJ3vL4

Coolblue and Tojyo are streaming amazing art

>We'll never know what scourge was planning
>lightning will never get his revenge on CS
>We will never see the Iron Queen rise again
>No robo hedgedad
>No more Mammoth Mogul
>No more possessed Skunk
>NO MORE HOT WOLF TWINS

I hope Penders never gets a shred of work for the rest of his life

>Coolblue
>Tojyo
>amazing
Good joke!
Considering how Cool and Hotred actually lurk /sthg/ to find their next commission victims, I'm guessing that you're still not either of them.

It alright.

youtu.be/hBP2gdLRksk?t=1m27s

>you're still not either of them.
Gasp!
He saw through user's double ruse!

>No robo hedgedad

Sonic's parents had no right to be as goddamn cool as they ended up being

The ironic part is that the stuff going on at the time that was either removed or derailed by the Pendering was 50 x better than all of Ken's years on the book COMBINED.

And now he has to nerve to solicit the creators of most of the dumped characters for their rights to "put them to good use"?

idk you tell me

youtube.com/watch?v=sk1Q-BFgnPM

I know she's supposed to be a badass GUN agent, but I wish Madonna had been redesigned a little softer. Something more of a cartoonish curved look.

That's pretty cute

youtube.com/watch?v=fZIe-Ezs0fg

Check out the Sonic justice warrior over here.

Haven't read the comics. How do Madonna and Sonic interact in them?

youtube.com/watch?v=mWmCgTMTdP8

>What song makes you want to go FAST?

youtube.com/watch?v=CEkmb2Gq1Hg

They haven't yet.
I'm more pissed about never getting resolution with Beau and Bunnie. That and whatever the hell Finitevus was planning

Ken Penders won't get work.

Like, at least Hayter was loved by his fans before and during him being a bitch when the whole Snake fiasco was going on.
Penders can't draw anywhere near to the standard expected, can't write for shit, and the amount of legal bullshit he's given Sega and Archie, he's a liability. That and he's fucking despised by people not just from the Sonic community.

>What song makes you want to go FAST?

Goes with your pic-related:

youtube.com/watch?v=wPu_7v8P-8E

youtube.com/watch?v=LSw58c5Cyno

youtube.com/watch?v=HuBU3pzy7is
youtube.com/watch?v=sEXHeTcxQy4

Friday night fast tracks.

youtube.com/watch?v=y4Twfs_YcGs
>And now he has to nerve to solicit the creators of most of the dumped characters for their rights to "put them to good use"?
The best part is that the one with the characters people care about (Bollers) would not put up with his shit for even a second

youtube.com/watch?v=h5IYMI-Mxu8
Just don't hit any rocks, or you'll eat shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ys4YvHgjylM&index=4&list=PLXyNNSnbIOVEk6pYWSAqZ4HB9uCWQQU8W

>And now he has to nerve to solicit the creators of most of the dumped characters for their rights to "put them to good use"?

Please, he's already said he doesn't even have plans to use Elias.

Going old school.
youtube.com/watch?v=nM__lPTWThU

youtube.com/watch?v=9bnFEb3qrT0

Too upbeat to not go fast.

>The jacket and hat combo

Why are Jacket & Hat best tag-team?

youtube.com/watch?v=ufHJlWTbYwU

The funny thing is that Scourge happened to be the most popular Archie character in Japan.

They could have built on that and use it to push the comics there.

I guess now that ship has sailed.

When I say work I mean even fucking Burger King will use his application for toilet paper. There was so much potential arising before the Pendering and then poof.
>"Screw you guys! I'm going home!"
My heart was broken. Watching hedgedad punk out Scourge was truly epic, and now it's gone forever!
No Mina, no suppression squad right when they're getting backstory.

Bunnie's redesign is fantastic, but I do miss the hat and jacket.

Though something kinda bothers me. She wears her wedding band on her left hand, so where does it go when it transforms into a cannon? Hammerspace, I guess.

It turns into an energy focal point conductor for firing laser beams using the love for her husband as power

>Though something kinda bothers me. She wears her wedding band on her left hand, so where does it go when it transforms into a cannon? Hammerspace, I guess.
Same place Sonic keeps his rings. Sometimes her wedding band gets mixed up with one of his rings and that gets a bit awkward to fix

She usually shoots from her palm now anyway.

I kind of wish her powers operated in the vein of Megaman.

Remember in M25YL their kids had robo limbs? How stupid and weird was that?

The stupider thing was apparently they were born with them or some shit

Not that far out if you consider they may have been born with complications.

M25-30YL was completely stupid as a whole.

My headcanon is that Bunnie would have gotten NIDS just like Buns had she not gotten roboticized and her kids contracted it as well and had to be partially roboticized as well.

Chris-chan tier writing by Penders. All we need is giant pages of text since we already have the shitty art and we may have to DNA test them

That bit was made up by Ian. Bunnie and Ant weren't even mentioned in Penders' M25YL. Besides, I'd rather read Sonichu than Penders' M25YL. At least things happen in Sonichu

>tfw Sonichu is genuinely more interesting than the entire run of KtE
>Some of the same topics are seen in the both of them

A Penders x CWC collaboration would be the best thing ever.

Penders' understanding of copyright law is on the same level as CWC's. I think his grip on reality is worse though

How does it feel knowing that against all odds Sonic will outlive you?

Great, I get to have company for my whole ride.

That's not hard. I don't expect Sonic to be gone by the end of the weekend.

And that's how Sally took over the Sol Dimension.

Meh at least then I won't see how it crashes and burns still a masochist part of myself kinds of want to see that happen

Yes.
FOR THE EGGMAN EMPIRE!!

Would you read a comic about Mighty and Thunderbolt stranded in an alternate reality? Where their roles are switched?

Sure I guess

Twas a speedy defeat

youtube.com/watch?v=9g1QcfQ7kos

You going anywhere with these questions user?

That wasn't actually canon, that was someone's misinterpretation.

Just tossing around ideas for a comic I'm thinking of trying.

The entire thought process is bizarre. The kids obviously didn't need the robot parts, so why the fuck would you give them any to begin with?

>so why the fuck would you give them any to begin with?

Rule of cool.

How was it OBVIOUS they didn't need them? For all we know they were conjoined twins or they got hit by a truck.

Really needed to hammer in the fact that Bunnie was their mom. What I wanna know is why Antoine's son has a fucking sword arm. His daughter has a functional arm with a blaster but the son just has a fucking sword.
>For all we know they were conjoined twins or they got hit by a truck.
>YFW it was a GUN truck

Sonic is a franchise from japan and everyone knows swords or superior in that media.
His steel sword was forged in chaos blast and folded a thousand times

The things I'd love to do to that hedgehog.

Isn't she supposed to finish her comissions?

Eventually

Needs more streams!