Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cvII-WJWo5s
fextralife.com/calculator/dks3builds.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for mimics are cheats.

no man
B-team loved PvP, they made fucking bell covenant and actual 1v1 arena

Th for worst PvP in the entire series

Exile greatsword or Murakomo, is one better then the other?

it's true, ds2 improved pvp tremendously

>All these shitty players who get dunked on by Leoric
At least most hosts wise up when they see me roll away from Lothric after a few hits, and do the same before they eat shit

Top 20 for being dissapointed by Yhorm. I really hoped for more. I've yet to plumb the depths of the profane capital's lore but im not hopeful.

>Passworded summoning doesn't take SL into account, matches summoned players to hosts SL, allowsing players to team up regardless of their SL
>Allows players with endgame armor and weapons to gank babby invaders in High Wall and Settlement
>Invaders are prioritized to play with hosts who are using the dried finger with summons
>No one with summons is using the dried finger except gank squads
>Even if it isn't a gank squad, there's going to be 1+ phantoms and inevitably a blue

So instead of fixing twinking, From ended up not only enabling, but reinforcing a co-op/PVP system 100% conducive to players getting together with the intent of gang-banging invaders looking for PVP.

Who thought this would work?

Why?

Why did the myth that all invaders are twinking tryhards take over this series? What about the honest, hard-working, red-blooded Londor Dickwraiths looking for their piece of the Lothric pie?

This is just like Soul Memory, ins't it? It will never be fixed, and this is what we will have for the few years that this game lasts before it burns out.

Is this build okay? I just want to play with Katanas and Pyromancies, the plan is to use the Witch ring, Great Swamp ring, Ring of Favor and a fourth one im not sure about.

>no red eye orb
>SM
Fuck you.

We talkin butt Nioh in here?

>ng+
>can't buy chunks until archdragon peak
>no worries i'll just do the dancer skip and kill osiercus

>forgot i still have to do everything up to profained capital to get to the place where you use the gesture
J U S T

Yhorm's Great Machete or Great Machete for PvP?

just because they had few retarded ideas because they were amateurs does not mean they hated PvP

They obviously wanted to somehow make everyone get invaded, but did not want to give everyone full orb to avoid non-stop invasions.

After all, Das2 was the game where you could get invaded even as hollow.

>tfw cant get any darkmoon summons
>decide to just invade as purple
>every invasion is 1v4 like usual
wake me up inside

is there actually any benefit for not equipping the covenant for the fingers? Do you get different items if you invade "vanilla" without a covenant?

great machete until lv80 when you have a fuckload of stam and can handle the extra weight

your fault for not obtaining gesture in NG

Running through NG+ at SL 120 and getting invaded is actually kind of fun. I have nothing to lose, there's almost nothing left for me to spend souls on and I'm sitting on ~300 embers. I've been invaded by a lot of dark sword users though but they've been pretty nice and don't try to lead me to enemies and and chug all their estus after I do before we fight.
/endblog

The wait begins.

I got my first darkmoon invasion 5 minutes after I patched the game and haven't had another since.

So I've been dorking around with the Sunlight Straight Sword at low level. It fills the straight sword meme itch well and I've always liked the Sun Sword even when it was a boring A/A quality weapon you got for killing The Last Giant 20 times. I kinda want to make this a fun build since Miracles (lightning spears) are decent in melee range, as well as have fun with the Dragonslayer Swordspear.

However, my "fun build" is currently a SL29 Knight with a rushed Moonlight Greatsword+2. Only bumped STR to 16 and INT to 26, not quite sure how I want to build it yet. I've just always liked my waifu sword, even if it is a bit gimped.

Which should I run with?
>why not both
Which should I run with right now? And what are the odds From fixes split damage?

>we'll never get to fight Lorian before he was crippled
Feels bad, man

I think you mean best.

Unless you have an arguement for why it sucks.

I've found it lovely that I can always find a PvP when I want it.
Also I really like being a mound maker.
And I cant speak to weapon balance. Pyromancy seems to suck, but that doesnt really seem all that bad. I sorta wish blocking was stronger but im learning to work with it.

>phantom is a complete bro
>host is a complete faggot who won't gesture at you and have fun

How do i name this feel.

>Storm Ruler fight in Demon's Souls
>DAMN SON THAT'S ONE BIG ASS BIRD
>MAY THE ANCESTORS GIVE ME STRENGTH
>FUCK YOUR BURIAL SITE THIS IS MY DOJO NOW

>Storm Ruler fight in Dark Souls III
>hi i'm yhorm could you please stop standing under my balls
>sorry i didn't clean up, i don't get much company, pay no attention to the weapon directly in front of my armchair that can kill me in 5 hits
>harnessing the power of storm hundreds of feet underground in some guy's throne room

i really wish i knew what the hell they were thinking

gimmick fights only work when it's makes up for its gameplay with thematic / aesthetic virtue. ancient wyvern? sure, that's cool. yhorm? nigger why /10

So I messed around with cheat engine to alter my appearance, still don't know why they give us such crummy character creation options you can do some neat stuff with higher values.

Is there a way to make the changes stick to my save? they always revert when I quit out the game.

everything is 4v1

there, arguement made

>invade with greatbow and obscuring ring at Annorlunda for some keks
>none ever dares the walkways
I just wanted to have fun.

Is it just me though, or is the greatbow this time around not able to send people flying?

If I'm in the Dorkmoons and Orb invade people will I be able to get Ears from victories? Or do I HAVE to be summoned through the covenant to get ears?

>mfw farming Silver Knights

>people cant accept version deo games have flaws and caps lock/post the same thread over and over again

Feels good not giving a fuck

I don't know what the fuck you're saying but it's probably stupid and by extension you probably are, too.

>maybe if I put my weakness next to me nobody will get it!
>OH SHIT

>youtube.com/watch?v=cvII-WJWo5s
nice 2x embed nerd

>An argument

You're forced to fight nothing but 3-man groups who are EXPECTING invaders with the sole intent of gangbanging them. They have the advantage of the untrue ring, the host has 33% more health, and if he's in Way of the Blue you'll inevitably be joined by yet another phantom because there's ALWAYS a Darkmoon waiting for his day to finally invade.

Just because you're invading doesn't mean you should have every card in the deck stacked against you. Yes, you have mobs, but only a shit ganksquad falls for mobs.

i don't even know why you would think it's balanced, maybe because you're a mound-maker; but should everyone be forced to play mound-maker to deal with phantoms? that's absurd.

Are passwords glitched so your name gets censored to your friends? I literally can't fathom a reason why it would be censored especially cause it wasn't it DS2

You have to be summoned, user, I'm sorry.

Have some Gwyndolin while waiting.

Why can't I buy upgrade materials from that vendor in Andre's hallway in ng+? I'm up to twin princes and can't even buy shards, what the fuck.

>holy shit a 1v1 invasion
>host runs away and 2 phantoms try to surprise you around a corner

Best backstab weapon? Dagger, Bandit's, or some ultra heavy weapon with absurd requirements.
Looking to get a side arm for mobs that can be parried or back stabbed.

Reminder that even if you marry Anri, she'll always wish you were Horace instead

>literally impossible threads
>"NICE GAME FROM XDD"
>WHY IS _______ SO SHIT

That's fucked up, the have to be summoned thing I mean. In other words you're telling me to enjoy SK farming. Great..

Gotta find umbral ashes and give it to her

There's a couple katanas that take 18 str. Also vig softcaps at 27 so you could grab the points from there. Lloyd's sword ring or Fire Clutch both work for the last ring slot.

another nana's gone missing
so grandson carries a cage
he ever has his cage
and nana's never coming back
so step in to the cage and become nana's shade

>what did he mean by this

>this makes it worse than ds1 or 2s pvp

>Invade
>Guaranteed 1v3s / 1v4s, no matter what

>Finger for invasions
>Hosts with phantoms fingering still have priority
>If you do get invaded, it's 1v1 until a mad phantom, sun phantom, or another finger gets in

Is there any winning

I wish the Soldering Iron was good and not joke weapon tier

Did they do something with poise with the latest patch? People aren't getting stunned long enough for the second hit on my DSGA or FUGS anymore.

Before is was maybe 1 in 10 times someone would be able to roll away, but now it's like 9 in 10.

Ironically it seems straight swords, rapiers and spears still get the guaranteed 2 hits. The fuck is going on?

To be fair, if i remember right being password summoned equalizes all their equipment to whatever the hosts highest reinforcement is as well as their damage scaling and HP/resistance.

Ive found when invading, the best call is to just become a serious douchebag in terms of terrain and utilizing enemies.

Its tougher due to the frequency of co-op, but this is dark souls. We all know how quickly the host can lose control of a situation.

Unless you found a fair duel and he is giving it to you, think of invading as inflicting a hard mode or miniboss on the other guy.

You need the ashes from assdragon peak for chunks.

There's always the option of just doing other things either in-game or outside while awaiting your summons, since you can be summoned to pretty much any place from any place where your dorkmoon icon is going blinky-blink.

is the Dancer glitch with the katana man patched out yet or can i cheese her early?

HERALD OR CLERIC

HOW DO I STR/FAITH

Cage dudes nan left
His nan was probably a cage carrier, he's doing it it until she came back
She's never coming back
Go in the cage to make him feel better

I think

He means get in the fucking cage that the big retard nearby is carrying, how stupid are you

actually, yes, it does.

i don't know what world you live in where PVP is not made worse by the fact that you are forced to ALWAYS fight multiple opponents.

not only does it invalidate half the builds in the game by forcing you to adopt crowd control measures, it means you're competing against 3 people who can cover each other while they heal, can stunlock you, and beat you in terms of raw health, stamina, and damage.

Nope. And it's any NPC, any boss. :^)

Neither

Herald.

That mask reminds me of those Buddhas from Gantz and then I get spooked.

>Go up top the ramparts above ancient wyvern
>Soundcard starts freaking out when I get above his head
>Suddenly goes full screech and deafens me.
Guys, I dont think my computer liked me killing that boss that way

>wailing on a gank squad with my halberd
>all 3 of them swap out their respective weapons for Estocs
>still rek them
If I could grind this feeling up and snort it I would.

Yeah I have it on at all times but I've yet to be summoned once. I feel too many conditions need to be met for it to happen. It's silly. I know they JUST increased the level ranges but that doesn't seem to do dick. I'm 10/30 on ears so far. May as well continue farming them while I wear the covenant.

>FORCED TO ALWAYS
red sign you dumbass holy shit.

Knight.

Knight is the best class for any build except a sub-80 specialty build.

>crystal soul spear with 60 INT

savagery

Time to become one with the meme and fight using a 2-handed greatshield

Which character planner is this?

I think he's the worst boss in the game, maybe tied with cursewood.

Wyvern and Deacon get a pass because shit - they're gimmicks but I mean they execute their gimmicks and leave. Inoffensive.

But fucking Yorhm is a Lord of Cinder. He's the BFG. Towering above men, crushing them like ants underfoot.

And you bully him. There isn't another fucking word for it. You steal his lunch money, and you push him back down every time he tries to stand up.

I've pitied some Soul's bosses before, but not like this. This was "Shit man, just kill yourself and save yourself some embarrassment".

>one shotting an opponent who has long fallen into a coma

wow magdick so gud

>forced to fight nothing but 3-man groups

That's a lie. Good job.

Reminder that Ludleth is the man, and those who keep wanting him to be some sort of evil mastermind are paranoid twits

DS2 had better estus mechanics overall, with its slower chug speed and the gradual health recovery. Agree or disagree?

get the collector's edition

TO MEME WHATS GOOD, OR TO MEME WHATS FUN

Agree 200%.

what glitch?

Invading as a mound maker is a bitch and a half. I wouldnt do it unless you are bringing big mean spirited AOE stuff like chaos firestorm or something. Or perhaps just to troll with acid spray.

If you want your shackle, white soapstone mound maker is legit.
Having a mound maker in their world makes them like a beacon for invasion matchmaking.

I like to white sign as a purple phantom, then help the host (its really not hard to earn trust quick) then help them out until they leave themselves open for an instant death, or you have bodyguarded them from invaders. Either way you get your shackle.

If you lead them to the next bonfire, take your free backstab and enjoy the duel.

Also, purple phantoms get full souls for killing enemies, while white phantoms only get half.

DS2 had life gems

fextralife.com/calculator/dks3builds.html This one

Reminder that the champ is a chump if you use lightning.

Okay so wait a minute

After I save Siegward from his cell, do I just walk into Yhorm's room and fight him? Or do I have to summon Siegward or some shit?

>kept healing even though you hit them
No

Don't you mean scrub gems?

Is there anything literally gayer than fucking partial parries in this game

I just partial parried a running katana edgelord twice and all I got was a chunk of my HP off and a drained stam bar, what kind of bullshit is this

You want duels. Go to fight club.

If you actually wanna fuck dudes over though, ember up and summon so you can be the one fucking people over. It's kinda the same as dark souls 1, just the rapist and the rapee have swapped.
Instead of the invader coming in and using the npcs, the host of embers hides behind the summon and sippies.

Can you alter your character's appearance as many times as you'd like with Rosaria, or is it limited in some way?

DkS2 got more things right than people will give it credit for.

But the one thing it objectively nailed was magic, holy fuck was casting in 2 interesting.

>wondering why my strawberry wheat ale is so spicy
>look at the label
>its strawbanero wheat

Well that explains a lot.

How is your night of invasions going /dsg/?

Is it worth the investments lads? I need a fun not-morne STR/FTH weapon

>invade
>see that the host has a phantom buddy
>they try to hide despite already being spotted and killing monsters in their way and they don't seem to understand that the invader sees any close by hp bars if monsters or players are being attacked and losing hp
>you can actually see a quarter of the phantom peeking out from the doorway without any kind of camera adjusting

I'm guessing they thought they'd make a clever ambush for the evil invader

You can get rebirth/stat reallocation a total of 5 times per NG

going great senpai.

I feel like I'm making a mistake in using heavy weapons like the great axe as a new player in soulsborne. thoughts?maybe I should switch to halberd/spear

>Boss is 1 hit from dying
>Forgo all defense and rush in Hero Mode

I can't be the only one who does this right?

You get 5 rebirths a NG.

think respec and appearance is tied to 5 times per NG