Who soon /UVXY all in/ here?

who soon /UVXY all in/ here?

Other urls found in this thread:

splithistory.com/uvxy/
data.cnbc.com/quotes/.VIX
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>UVXY
thanks for pointing that out bruv

That thing murdered me for 2 weeks straight and I had to get rid of it. fucking cancer

uvxy will go to moon if DB crashes and starts new lehmans

uuh no, not right now, that's for sure.

>Over the course of a month it shot up 1200% from 611.00 to 7800.00.

What the fuck happened in June 2013?

Holy fuck, guys check this out and compare it to the stock chart.

splithistory.com/uvxy/

It's got a nice chart pattern

It's got room to fall, would make a good short

I held this for a month before I finally read the prospectus. lol th-thanks Veeky Forums

Be patient guise

I've lost about 7k on that fucker.

In half a year though. Today I only lost about $150.

SVXY NIGGA GIT IN HERE, fed didn't raise rates, bullish market for next month

You're not supposed to hold it for two weeks, you'll get screwed by the contango. You're supposed to hold it for a few days at most. Historically it looks like it isn't smart to hold it longer than three to four days.

Ask yourself: are dragons emerging from the middle of the Earth and eating cars?

If yes, pick up $UVXY

If not, NO

Two ways you can play this

Short position:

>If you pick it up at it's peak TO SHORT
>let market crush it.
>stock continues to reverse split.

YFW: 28 bucks or whatever it is, 10:1 splits to 280....continues to fall back to 28...10:1 split to 280...continues to fall to 28.

See how that works yet?

Long position:

>Buy single share
>Long odds lotto ticket.

It's obviously worth the long short, not the long bull.

sell low

Jeez. Seems to be going nowhere but down.

Pretty ballsy play, but I'll give you a lot of credit if they make a comeback.

No one here understands UVXY.

It is ETN, not ETF, that makes very little difference but understand it is not a company.

UVXY through holding options and futures on the VIX and /vx creates as accurately as possible 2x times the move of the futures move in the VIX.

What is the VIX? It is the Volatility index of the SPX (The S&P 500 index).

You are not trading the movement of the S&P, you are not trading the anything physical.

You are trading Volatility, which is the uncertainty that people have surrounding a certain asset. Uncertainty is the lack of confidence in movement one way or another.

Beyond that, you are trading 2x the movement of uncertainty of an entire index.

Not sure about FB earnings? That is 1/500th of the SPX.

You cannot short Volatility.
Shows exactly why. Volatility spikes at wild times. Because when a crash starts happening, the market goes into a panic, everyone becomes uncertain.

Some people view volatility as a way of trading the inverse of the S&P. But volatility spikes on moments of crazy turmoil. Greek Bankruptcy? VIX was in the 30s.
Brexit? VIX was at 29.

Do not trade Power Shares ETFs or ETNs if you do not understand their costs and power.

Understand this as well. Any ETF or ETN that uses Futures and Options to simulate trading has to Roll their positions.
Unlike stock, futures and options expire, so funds have to sell their futures and options at set intervals to renew the simulation.

This is called a negative drag on the stock. The stock literally loses money monthly to maintain the simulation.
So even if volatility stayed the exact same over a month, UVXY would lose 3-4% due to the cost of carry of rolling VIX futures and options.

This is not an "investment" this is a stock for speculation only.

>No one here understands UVXY.
kys

>No one here understands UVXY.

It's not because I don't understand the stock I don't make money, it's because I make bad calls.. Part of the game I guess.

Is it possible to get a real time VIX-chart? I've yet to find it.

Never mind I found it data.cnbc.com/quotes/.VIX

>reverse split

Pretty certain this isn't possible, we had a reverse split two days ago on UVXY. If it was possible to 10 double your capital this way it would be a scam.

>You cannot short Volatility.

You can buy SVXY. More or less the same.