What do you know about Moroccan history?

What do you know about Moroccan history?

Other urls found in this thread:

gradworks.umi.com/33/56/3356702.html
youtube.com/watch?v=LRGGKESYgjg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

funny hats

Shithole, had 100 years of not being totally terrible, but fucked it up for themselves.

greatest ally

The one with Everest and special snowflake flag?

Heroin

Spanish protectorate

I read this book about Moroccan history, the berbers and such. The relationship between the coastal population and the inland berber tribes is pretty interesting. Every now and then tribes would storm in and take over shit, then after a time another group might do the same.

Everyone thinks they're brown smelly people but they basically look like Italians

The book was 'Lords of the atlas'

primary moroccans were:
archaic hominids neanderthals, shkuls, Mousterians

later the robust cro-magnon came to dominate the area

phoenicians established a few port cities along the coast and were later destroyed by romans

berbers of morocco united under arabs and invaded the western mediterrenean (iberia, sicily etc)

moroccans lost iberia and converted to christianity and went on to populate latin america, most latinos, mestizos descend from berbers

throughout history moroccans excelled as pirates and their descendants practiced in the caribbeans

>converted to christianity and went on to populate latin america, most latinos, mestizos descend from berbers
They didn't convert to christianity and not many stayed behind as they were massacred and expelled.
>most latinos and mestizos descend from berbers.
This isn't true at all, that's like saying Persians are mongolian because mongolians ruled there for a time...

They Managed to tell Several World Powers to fuck off on their own (The Caliphates(Both Umayyad and Abbasid, The Spanish, The Ottomans, The Portuguese) for more than a thousand years

Who else can say they did something like that?

Morisco former Muslims who converted or were coerced into converting to Christianity

Estimates of Morisco populations at the time of expulsion vary, many estimates being based on the number of recorded expulsion edicts (around 275,000). However, modern studies estimate around one million Moriscos present in Spain at the beginning of the 16th century.[2]

Recent genetic studies of North African admixture among modern-day Spaniards have found high levels of North African (Berber) and Sub-Saharan African admixture among Spanish and Portuguese populations as compared to the rest of southern and western Europe
disproportionate amounts of Conversos and Moriscos settled in Latin America, and in the later centuries of the Spanish Empire, the migrants arriving in Cuba and Puerto Rico were disproportionately Andalusian.

Andalusians, for obvious historical reasons, have a lot of Berber ancestry.

>presence of Moriscos and Muslims in the Spanish Americas,
gradworks.umi.com/33/56/3356702.html

>Moriscos made it to South America and became instrumental in forming the gaucho culture of that area.
youtube.com/watch?v=LRGGKESYgjg

There was an old thread about this

>Amerifat detected

>Conquered Spain
>Barbarian piracy
>Colonized by France
>Worhship their king

Also, morrocans reach an un-heard level of butthurt when they speak of Spain.

>moroccans lost iberia and converted to christianity
Moriscos were expelled and only did some agricultural work.

Pirates from there looted Iceland once. Also the Rif War looks like an interesting piece of history.

First France colonized them.
Then they voted BY REFERENDUM to not be colonized by France anymore.
Then half of them moved to France, and the other half to the Netherlands and Belgium.

Like all Maghrebs, they're subhuman filth who never learned not to bite the hand that feeds them. No wonder Muslims hate dogs.

>and the other half to the Netherlands and Belgium.

>Israel

Moroccans are the second biggest group in Israel after Russians

Russians arent that big and influential and numbers are dwindling since most are elderly

Moroccans along with other Maghrebis make up the majority in Israel and define the culture

>What is hyperbole?

Make it thirds and the guy is almost exactly right.

>800k is a third of ~35m
Retarded or something?

i dont care for phony arabic social construct

i support the rifian liberation, aswell as other north african natives

>i dont care for phony arabic social construct
Lol okay Ahmed

t. amazigh-pro

>Coptes
>Canarians
quite sure they don't see themselves as berbers

>rifian liberation
don't displease M VI it's a bad idea kif dealer

Guanches are Berbers.
Copts aren't though.

Are you "Metatron" from "Youtube"?

>itargiyen
Targaryen?

All i know is thata shit ton of moroccans came to israel and they are rude and annoying as fuck.

berbers dislike arabs (i dont know exactly why though can some1 fill me in?)

As far as I know the Romans drove the Berbers into the desert, the decline of Roman and Visgothic rule allowed the Berbers to thrive and the Arab invasion drove them back into the desert. On top of that the incompetent Arabs were unable to uphold Roman anti-desertification infrstructure, desertifying the region. What was once lush, fertile land is now desert, and the Berbers have to live there.

What the fuck do you mean Romans drove Berbers to the desert??
No such thing ever happened.

Tuaregs.