Why do you hate your job?

Why do you hate your job?

>get in before boss
>leave, on average, an hour after boss
>get told I don't work hard enough

>not owning a business

I have a 33% stake in the family business, thus get to keep 33% of profits.

We should net ~$700K this year (on ~2-3M revenue) and I'll probably buy out my parents stake at some point.

Have about 1.2M saved at this point.

I would if I could.

Maybe they're right. The number of hours doesn't mean shit if those hours aren't productive.

My employer requires we leave by a certain time. Burnout is real nigga.

Bread on roof

>family business

Somebody else already did all the hard work starting it up and finding their niche.

What business?
This plumbing partnership I used to work for made 1.2 million gross and it was really small.

>Why do you hate your job?
I don't.
Probably because it's optional.

Don't hate it, but dislike it a little more each time I interact with a co-worker who is being a complete cunt to me.

>Boss is and old 60 yo woman
>Bossy as fuck, thinks I'm her slave
>Starts giving it to me for a work I did
>Later in the day I found out she hadn't even READ THE FUCKING EMAIL WHICH CONTAINED THE DOCUMENT AND STILL SHE DEEMED NECESSARY TO NAG ME JUST BECAUSE

>be me
>be marine
>use gi bill to graduate from ivy league school
>pick political science major cause im a fucking idiot
>work with veteran in city gov
>end up driving homeless people around all day
>fml
>quit job

I can't be specific but we do contracting for custom home builders.

This.

Although, you got a pretty easy path laid down for you being handed your parents company and all.

I had to start a business from scratch. Big difference. Big difference.

How would he know if he's not there?

I have a degree in education. Getting summers off is not worth it.
The mental demands of the job are insane, and the weekends I usually stare at a wall and drool just to recover.

I have zero life, because its a 24/7 job. My phone never stops from emails, and they have to be answered immediately or i get behind so bad it becomes almost impossible to catch up.

>gi bill to graduate from an ivy league school

Alright buddy

I'm love my job for what it is; a stepping stone. Door-to-door. Daily avg is about $200-250 for 3 & 4 hour days (this heat is beastly.), go to a lot of cool places, do a lot of dumb shit, take time off whenever I want. Most importantly, I've reinvented myself. My self confidence is at an all time high, my social skills have improve tremendously, I'm learning more than I ever did in school. All-in-all 10/10 would do again.

can i ask what you're selling? Thinking about picking up a door-to-door job for when I'm not working my other job (part-time)
Also, any advice would be great

Man, my punk ass job has a high ass turn over rate because theyre such a shit company. Ive literally been there the longest and they fuck my check up all the time. Finally had enough and just quit in the middle of a shift.

I don't hate it, but I dislike it a little bit more every time I get my paycheck and ask myself why I even bother.

I've sold car audio, perfumes, watches, random electronics, pretty much anything considered a luxury item.

>NOT A JOB FOR THE FEINT OF HEART.

Door to door is a hard break through but it's worth it. My best advice:

> READ, mother fucker.
All the fucking time. Anything to motivate you or help you better understand how people/sales work. This stuff is vital (especially if you are going solo w/ no team.)

> Learn to talk to people.
Easy shit. Literally to get good at talking to people, talk to everyone you encounter. If talking to people is hard for you, start by jusr giving someone a genuine compliment. Repeat this over and over until you can comfortably turn a compliment into a conversation.

>Find your product.
Pretty self explanitory. Of course you want a low investment product that can return a good yeild. Take perfumes. Get them for $3-4 a bottle, sale for $25-65. Not the greatest hustle financially but is a wonderful product to cut your teeth on.

>Learn a pitch.
A pitch is how you sell your product. Ultimately it needs to cover why you are there, why you have this product, demonstrating the product, etc. Best advice: talk long, talk wrong.

> If you can, find a mentor or sells team.
This business is great but it is also ruthless. This business has given me physical highs, and this business has sent me home in tears before. Finding a solid support system to help you is definitely a must.

Best of luck, friend, and happy hunting.

I hate my job because I'm a Claims Adjuster. I shouldn't have to explain.

Is that like a Loss Adjuster? I worked as a claims assistant (which is like a lower version of Claims Handler) for a while and it was a ridiculous amount of stress and work for very low pay, but on the plus side it helped me get into my current job in the finance department of the same company.