If I deposit a $20 bill, and spend it with my credit card, what happens to the physical money?

If I deposit a $20 bill, and spend it with my credit card, what happens to the physical money?

It becomes 0's and 1's

>Credit Card
Debit card. Fuck

It's gets turned into food stamps, and missiles for drones.

The bank is required to burn it

It feeds jewlings who grow to be bankers.

It becomes a snorting device for NEETs to blow coke in a fast-food restaurant bathroom, and I'm not talking about the cola either.

>and I'm not talking about the cola either

You don't say.

I do. 3/4 cut Peruvian cocaine.

>credit card

I think you mean debit card. But anyway, when you deposit the $20, they add $20 to your account as bank credit (bank credit is what you think of as your bank balance.) Its not actually money you have in the bank, its simply a balance of how much the bank owes YOU. Your bank balance is simply debt owed to you by the bank.

As for the $20 bill, it depends. The bank will probably put it back into circulation eventually when a customer wants a cash withdraw. They could exchange it with another bank or service for their own electronic credit.

These days, real cash is really just a placeholder for bank credit.

Yeah I work at a bank, that $20 bill goes to the next person in line. It's amazing really, I try to give out really messed up bills, but at the end of the day the exact same bill comes back into my drawer via commercial deposits.

confirmed for never having done coke.

>>I work at a bank
>>I try to give out really messed up bills

DIE SCUM

So you would rather get the really sticky bills and accidentally give someone $40 rather than $20 fag?

DELETE THIS

>These days, real cash is really just a placeholder for bank credit.
>These days

Isn't that essentially what it always was? They are just debt notes after all

It's just a matter of who owes who the debt, when and how much

it gets teleported to a monkey dimension

1. You deposit $20 into bank A
2. Bank A must keep 10% of that $20 in the Fed, so $2 is added to the Federal Reserve's Bank liability sheet and $20 is added to Bank A's asset sheet
3. Bank A wants to make profit so it lends the remaining $18 to Bank B
4. Bank B must now put $1.8. This puts $1.8 on the Feds liability sheet.
5. Bank B takes the remainder $16.20 and lends it to Bank C. Now, Bank B has $18 on their asset side.
6. REPEAT.

Congratulations user, by depositing $20 you created at least $38. Your money is multiplied indefinitely while it is in a bank.

you make it seem much more complicated than it actually is. banks can literally create money out of thin air. that's how banks work. they take money that doesn't belong to them, create money that doesn't exist and charge interest on everything.

If we all tried to buy cars with our debit cards at once, would that not be a run on the banks?

My bank won't let me send more than 100k without a days notice. Gives me the shits.

I know from talking with my guy that if there was a major event they would just SHUT IT DOWN as well.
Never keep all your eggs in one basket.