esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj. There is also an ESOG PSN community.

Other urls found in this thread:

the-elder-scrolls-by-mysticals.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i think we should clean up the links a bit- esoacademy sucks ass for builds, and tamrielfoundry provides more concise, and more importantly better information. nirn.de also has a thread with every single motif from light to heavy on display.

add something for endgame pve and pvp content, guides and the like, maybe a faq pastebin for common pve questions?

Add this for armour preview

the-elder-scrolls-by-mysticals.com/

bump

Yep. Next time remove those youtube links.

bump

Lets add some conversation to the thread.

Favorite type of crafting? Also Favorite class/build?

stealth archers

Is crafting worth time/skill points in this game? I know crafting systems can vary quite a bit in MMOs and most tend to fall into the comically useless area where while yes you can ultimately craft some of the better stuff in the game you can never craft anything as good as what you could get doing a bog standard endgame dungeon.

Other games there's a ton you can do with crafting, or at least specific crafts, that makes it plenty viable.

I'm just curious where ESO lies before I invest a whole shitload of time and energy into something not worth it OR ignore something that I really shouldn't be.

And he ones that have nothing to do with ESO could be deleted as well

Should I be saving my alchemy herbs early on or trying to sell them? Which ones are the most valuable to sell and how much is a generally fair price for them? I'm on PS4 so the economy for herbs may be a bit different than the PC.

Crafting is important in ESO. A majority of your endgame gear will comprise of crafted items.

Columbine is 300g on PC because all of its traits are used in common potions, and Namiras Rot is 150g on PC. Some other big ones I think are corn flower and lady's smock. But you should pick up alchemy ingredients when you can anyway.

On PC I'd recommend getting master merchant addon cause it shows you the prices for everything... but PS4, eh.

Provisioning is my favourite, with Alchemy in second. I like Clothing (for light armour or "normal" clothing) and Woodworking (for Restoration staves) too.

Favourite build is a "pure" healer, like I'm not really going to do much damage beside a heavy Restoration attack to get magicka and boost healing. I think Templar works the best for that.

HELLO

HOW ARE YOU

:)))))

Stam nightblades I guess. Played it since the start, and still learning new things about them.

What is this?

Lovely sunrise here at Wrothgar.

Nevermind, turned out to be part of a now finished quest

> Is crafting worth time/skill points in this game?
You don't really have to spend time on it, outside of food and alchemy. Just make a habbit of deconstructing everything you have and you'll level it up as you continue playing, and always have at least one thing on research. You don't need to put a single point into it but you'll still level it up (even if some points in the research skills helps a lot, but we're talking about 12 points in total), meaning you don't have to do any grinding once you decide that you want to craft. And you probably will because there's some sweet-ass sets you'll get only trough crafting.

Pet sorcerer. It's shit but it's fun. Alchemy is the most fun, I'm looking forward to the poison making.

So I heard Crafting mats will no longer take up bag space soon, is that correct?

So yeah guys, started playing today, bought the game eith the explorer pack and ended up making a redguard in the AD without knowing shit about the alliances, do you guys think playing this way is fine? or i should experience the alliances with the determineds races first?

It doesn't really matter unless you are really into RP I guess

I don't think the dialogue really changes based on your race. I might be wrong but I have never noticed. So play how you want to play I guess.

For those that have played all the factions, which one would you recommend? Or are they all good?

I'm really thinking ebonheart pact because I like the races and the more exotic locations.

Started playing yesterday, much better than expected. I particularly like the Landscape design. Anyway, do i understand correctly that using my skill points doesn't actually matter that much, as i can only take 6 skills into combat anyway, so that i have a lot of possibilites to experiment, aside from passives?

only for eso+ subscribers, where craft mats go into their own bag.

Is it coming in with DB?This will save my sanity.

At level 15 you get a "backup" bar that you can switch to to get a different set of weapons and abilities on a second bar. In some cases you can even have a third bar, Sorcerors' Overload ultimate gets its own bar when toggled on, and Werewolves get another bar when they transform.

But for the most part, having something like a main bar (for your most important abilities) and a utility bar (for occasional things) is usually more than enough.

it is. now i can finally have my bank hold rare set pieces and gold mats instead of holding flint and nickel.

> pts patch notes
> can now quick cast ground-targeted abilities

sneaky, indirect dk buff

Fuck you, Zenimax

I think its only fair. And of course it is good to support a game as good as this one.

Todd...

Todd who?

Todd Person

Still, who?

To be fair, there's been fuck all reason to subsrcibe before now.

The dlc's aint a good enough reason?

Played all TES games and absolutely adore the lore

The price for Tamriel Unlimited is 60$ where I live,so should I get it or nah?

Is there some trick to contributing in PVP as a low level? I'm basically just standing as far back as I can and jumping in to get credit on capturing points, but I'm barely getting any alliance points for it. I'm only a level 14 sorcerer if that matters.

You could buy it from g2a for half that but you might get banned. Some people got banned like a year ago. As for me, I took the risk and bought it from them like a week ago, not banned so far. I doubt anything bad will happen but who knows.

Well money is not so big of a problem,what really matters to me is the quality of the game.Is it a good game?Is it fun?

If you like TES lore you are gonna love eso. The game is really fun in all aspects of the game.

To be honest, I haven't played it much yet but this is what I've heard.

It is fun, it's like Skyrim with mmo elements and some neat quests and great exploration.
If you like Skyrim, you'll like this.
You can also play it just fine as a single player game which for me is a good thing.

>140859302
If you want just the regular copy, there's a $19 copy in the OP listed under Deals that I bought yesterday. Still trying to patch the game through all last night while I was asleep and doing it now as I got home from work.

You're Aren't you?

Fair enough, I forgot they were part of the subscription, I've bought all the DLC's separately.

If you want a more detailed overview just ask. Is it somehow a bad thing that i enjoy the game and am willing to pay for it so they would make more awesome content? The hi/v/e mind does not apply here.

Hmm, I was thinking, should I buy a sub now?
What level are the dlc for anyway?

I'm conflicted because of the exp boost, this may sound weird to some folks but I don't want it. I actually want to take my time to enjoy the damn game, not skip 1/10. Any other benefits to the sub? I know they give you some points for the in game store, is there anything important I can buy from there?

I'm not the guy that's asking, we're here because we like it, so you don't need to tell me how it is.
Stop writing like a hired drone, it's embarrassing and pathetic.

>stop writing like hired drone
Then maybe i am born as one. If i have an opinion i'll tell it as i feel about it.

Maybe he just really likes the game man, fuck off.

Oh, no, am I in one of those fanboy generals? Fuck...

>is in a literally dead general
>expects the very few people who are still there to actually not like the game

Are you fucking stupid, son?

Do you pay for the games you play? If you do you must be a fan boy.
Do you suggest any foods to other people?
oooh you must be a fanboy if you like a particular food and tell people about it.

I just said I like the game 2 posts ago, because I knew a retard like you would show up with muh false dichotomy.

The guy said that if you like TES lore you're going to love ESO, go ask in the thread where lore is discussed if you want to know how delusional he sounded.
And then he started rambling about /v/ and getting defensive. You guys don't "like the game", you're a bunch of fucking drones incapable of criticizing it.

I'm out.

Cool, now fuck off retard.

That's really nice, actually the game just looks nice in general.
Wish we had more screenshot posters.
I just lurk.

I wish i had more screenshots. Been too busy questing. Maybe i'll go travel and look for the best looking places in the game.

Well feel free to post them if you do.
We're desperate for content.
If the thread is not kill that is.

They are all good in their own sense, though i would say EP had the most focus in the PvE zones.

As for PvP

EP = Almost never plays (but when they do they do good)
AD = Zergfest
DC = Tryhards with an ego most of the time.

I subbed just so i can play and then buy the DLC in a few months making the most out of my money. At least until they make another crown sale.

First of all join Blackwater Blade, the non vet campaign, since the others have CP enabled and people who have a shit ton of them can tank and cast forever besides hitting hard.

Second, if you think you're not gud enough to face enemies directly, buy siege and attack people from the keep walls with fire ballistas (or coldfire if you get your hands on one, but don't expose these too much since they are valuable)

Third, since you are scaled, only the skills/passives unlocked and set gear matter, for crafted sets, try and find a good guild with crafters and if they're nice enough (most are) they will craft you all the gear you need to be useful out in the field.

Fourth, git gud.

>n-no replies

Help an user out, I need advice.

The 10% won't affect your questing that much (if at all), DLC are scaled so you'll be able to bring your lvl 3 lowbies there and be "competitive" (with no skills unlocked ofc).

There's nothing really important in the crown store since it's mostly cosmetics (and the potions and stuff are overpriced so you might as well just craft some and use the crowns to buy the DLC individually instead (or if you want to stay subbed, get dem mounts and costumes).

First of all, thank you for replying.

>DLC are scaled

How does that work? Do I still get exp for my level or are they a seperate thing or something? I would like to experience the original main content without skipping anything because of the dlc.

>How does that work?

All of your stats are scaled to that of a v16 playa, so, if you have a Lvl 3 sword, it'll have the same stats as a v16 sword, you get the same exp a lvl 3 would and so on.

You might outlevel some of the main questing areas and not get exp from these anymore if you play the DLC first so i would recommend leaving these for when you get to the VRs on your first playthrough to get the best experience. However, if you don't wanna redo all the quests on your second character you may go to the DLC zones directly and grind some mobs (Wrothgar's public dungeons are pretty good for grinding lowbies since there are big pulls and no exp nerf for the mobs there).

>VRs

Had to google that, I haven't started the game yet.
So from what I understand I should leave the dlc for after the level cap. Ok then, as I don't care about the exp bonus and can wait to get cool mounts, guess I'll buy a sub later.

Do siege engines disappear after you use them or can you keep using them over and over until they get destroyed by someone?

>Access to all DLC game packs
>Crowns to spend on the in-game store (1500 crowns a month)
>10% bonus to experience points gain
>10% bonus to crafting inspiration gain
>10% bonus to trait research time
>10% bonus to gold acquisition
>Crafting bags after the release of the DB
>2 pets, one from Orsinium and one from Abah's Landing

They degrade over time and eventually get destroyed if you abandon them, so you might want to pick them up after using them, also, for coldfires, since they're rare and powerful, you should only use them while protected by the keep walls and bring some siege repair kits to use on them (it's not worth it to use them on other siege engines).

>Do siege engines disappear after you use them
Yes, they got a decaying health bar. You can pick'em up, if they're not completely decayed or destroyed by someone. You can repair siege engines with repair kits while they're deployed.

>Pic

Such a shame we only get a boring view of the imperial city for loading screens these days.

Might change over time, i personally wanted this in IC

bump

How's endgame pve like?

pity bump

I'm speaking as someone with fully geared characters. This takes some time to achieve, in particular getting to max champion points.

They're nerfing the hard dungeons (vet city of ash, imperial city prison, white gold tower) next patch. Currently they are very hard unless your entire team is fully geared out, then it's ok. For myself, every other dungeon is a cakewalk.

Other than that, the 12-man trials Maw of Lorkhaj and the upgraded Sanctum Ophidia will probably be the hardest content with fully geared characters. There's gotta be like at max 50 people in the world who've completed veteran Maw of Lorkhaj.

Veteran Maelstrom Arena is also very challenging even if you have a fully geared character. Currently magicka nightblade and sorceror have the easiest time with it, whereas finishing it with any stamina class is an achievement.

thought this general would have been more active with the big PSN sale recently

Can someone explain the levelling and endgame system? I'm currently a lvl 11 sorc on PS4 and I'm a tiny bit confused. Also what's the max crafting level?

The leveling system right now is 1-50. When you reach 50, it changes to veteran rank 1; and to reach max level you have to get to veteran rank 16.

This will all change when dark brotherhood arrives btw. Max rank will be 50 and veteran ranks will be removed.

All the crafting skills can reach 50. For easy leveling of blacksmithing, clothing and woodworking I recommend stealing items, laundering them and then deconstructing them.

Haven't played in several months, is skill damage still based on the a specific resource? For example, melee/bow skills focusing on Stamina, spells on Magicka?
Also, are hybrid builds any more viable now than they used to be?

And when is DB coming out? And how will that effect gear? As I saw that you can craft lvl 50 gear - what I'd assume to be mad lvl gear but then there's like 6 other levels above it up to VR 15, which has a TON more dps.

>Dark Brotherhood, the latest DLC game pack for The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, will be available on the ESO PTS (Public Test Server) later today and launches on PC/Mac on May 31st, and both Xbox One and PlayStation®4 on June 14th.

As for gear, when you reach 50 you will start to earn champion points (often referred to as CP). To get max level gear, you will need to reach 160 CP. CP is also capped at 501 but you will still be able to earn more, just at an extremely slow pace.

did we get a way to alter character appearance yet?

bump

skill damage is still based on resource used, yes.

hybrid builds are no longer viable in endgame content like trials. unless you're tanking, then putting all your points into a single resource is the way to go.

Are any crafting motifs(besides your race) unlockable or do you have to hope RNGeezus blesses you with all of them in random containers? Is there a way to grind them or trick to finding them?

dude they're dirt cheap. 100-200 gold at any random guild trader (only the blue motifs though).

Yeah but then I have to join a guild

just go to any random guild trader in a major city like mournhold then.

I thought you have to be part of a guild to buy from them

not at all. check the merchants around mournhold's wayshrine, those are the guild traders you're looking for.

I'm part of Aldmeri Dominion, so should I go to Elder Root instead?

>favorite profession
Alchemy. If you are doing PvP it's hilariously useful. That potions of detection will earn you so many kills.
>favorite class/build
My main is a classic, magicka/light armor sorcerer and I love it. It is easy to build and handle, and sorcerers are quite good toolboxes,especially with some out of class skill lines. You just spam magicka for all of your abilities, and do sustain from stamina. dodge, block, etc.
Now I am doing a stamina NB but being stamina based is quite new to me, since if I am spamming my abilities, I won't have anything to dodge, block.

Is the game good for playing together? I kinda want to get it with two friends