/ps2g/ - PlanetSide 2 general

Pancake croissant edition
--
forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/pts-update-4-30.240301/
forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/hotfix-4-28.240178/#post-3389244
forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/game-update-4-27.240151/#post-3388875
--
>What is this game?
pastebin.com/baxwRMDg
>How do I play?
pastebin.com/CWn3VQJD
>How do I play? (advanced)
pastebin.com/p0ZwzqSu
>Tweaks and optimizations
pastebin.com/MEqFBUut
>Weapon stats and vehicle weapons
pastebin.com/341Dv7Y6
>Weapons chart some user made
i.imgur.com/HOdhWox.png
>How does the construction system work?
planetside2.com/news/construction-system-guide-ps2-2016

Previously: Bad players defending construction and Reddit

1st for memes

2nd for minecraft

>PS2 is slightly less ded temporarily

>but Higby is working for Ubisoft
>Maggie will never sit on your face
>and T-Ray is still a nigger

I just don't know if it was worth it

It's not my fault that Reddit is full of people with retarded opinions, and the devs actually listen to those people. It has taken the place of the official forums, even though I don't really understand why because both of them are full of shitposts by the same people.

>Bad players defending construction

So the shitters who can't adapt are the good ones? lmao, the mental gymnastics of bads always cracks me up.

If they introduced trunks for vehicles and you could carry one (1) of any weapon inside them, what would you lug around in your tonk/jeep?

Deci probably tbqh.

At least then I'll have a way to tell that one ESF that always ends up tailing me while flying in a predicable and easy to rocket way, to fuck off.

Could be just some BR120 whale on his newest 4th factioning alt, or a fresh refugee from Werner. So no.

Newshitter here, what is a higby

A nanite professional

our lord and savior

Patron saint of hamburgers and alcohol. He who posts dog.

>He who posts dog.
and dog is cute!

No, because I'm not the genius who decided to change people from spawning in on the warpgate to save ADD retards 10seconds of their super valuable time.

Hey let's just randomly drop motherfuckers in the middle of nowhere half the time and right smack in the middle of giant ass battles where they are killed within .5secs of touching the ground and that's if they even make it to the ground.

instead of

Ok we'll drop you off in the warpgate where the first thing you see after spawning is a room full of friendlies wearing various camos and helmets so you immediately get a rough idea of who your friends are. Also in this said room there are people asking questions and talking back and forth who can help get you straightened out. As well as vehicles coming and going that you can hop into that will get you to a battle and in a squad you can follow around.

Ok now let's spend countless dev hours trying to unfuck the damage this cause with all kinds of stupid shit that end up failing instead of just reverting the change. And also let's not mention that this would never have happened if we took the fucking time to add sanctuaries.

Used car salesman with no school who by miracle ended up being a director of PS2 development. He quit last year and moved to Sweden to become Muslim.

dog is also haram

you're haram

>go and look at the new indar bases
they're all fucking shite
im diss a point

doomzzg pls

>go and look at the new indar bases
sorry, can't see them over the piles of shittily placed walls and bunkers :)

Considering you need vehicles to dominate shitters I hardly believe that you're any better than them, my electronic familia.

Some old Nanite Ned wannabe

Do projectiles inherit your momentum?

What's the fucking point of Gorgons? Their DPS and accuracy is lower than AI weapons, their damage to vehicles is pathetic and their huge cone of fire doesn't allow long range plinking. Can't say they are anti-MAX either because they still lose to Hacksaws.

Maggie works for NCWest now but /bnsg/ doesn't give a singe fuck about her.

because maggie is shit compared to bns waifus

What's everyone's most regrettable cert purchase?

>Annihilator

Being able to annoy harassers while working on air-deterrence ticks is aight.

They get mad as fuck, too.

>Maggie will never sit on your face

>enforcer and comp armor for a solo harasser

Fair enough. NCWest is 10 times worse than SOE was too so that lowers her chances.

Their point is being able to tell NC "Now you have something other than shotguns, stop crying."
Never mind that Gorgons are shite

But they already had Ravens. Falcons and of course slug ammo.

They don't want good weapons. They want machineguns. Because they saw a video on those OP mercies or blueshifts or whatever.

Nevermind that machineguns are terrible now more than ever before and MAX suits are best suited to peeking and firing with single shot rockets, but whatever.

also i didnt realize every nigger on NC seems shirk away from gunning a fully certed out enforcer unless im getting the harasser into a prime location for farming infantry

As a harasser pro, I can tell you I don't give a shit about lock-ons. Anywhere but the frozen rivers on Esamir, they're easy to break-lock on, or force to fly into a mountain. The annihilator is especially amusing, because you get heavies standing in the open trying to lock onto you while you run them down without resistance. They can't even dumb-fire the thing at you.

If you want to upset harassers, you use the lancer. That shit is frustrating - not the annihilator.

It's just the way of life senpai. Whenever there's a prime farm, you will not get a gunner, or you'll get a gunner with whom you just sit there thinking "why did I bother picking up this guy".

>As a harasser pro, I can tell you I don't give a shit about lock-ons.
Right, but the vast majority of people aren't pros. Just self-styled pros that are actually shitters.

Smart harassers know how to break locks without missing a farming step, but the vast majority just dumbly try and juke the lock off.

G2A for casual use. Annihilator if there's a decent vantage point and no real risk of close range encounters.

>Nevermind that machineguns are terrible
t. proud hardmode TR warrior

3rd anniversary pack made me feel quite whaley. What did I get? A solid red camo that I replaced with the grey one 3 days later. 50% more XP when I was BR100 and swimming in certs. AE weapons that I havent fired a single shot from.

>game is still d-dead guys
>e-either way construction is bad so it doesn't matter

ps2g is determined to be miserable

Solstice burst or SF?
Underslung shotgun seems gud.
t. vanu shitter

Yet another reason the pop limit system is bad:

Indar NC stuck with BR Squad begging people in orders to help defend their minecraft bases when we have literally four bases left because everyone is at the HIVEs

t. single faction pleb

The less time you spend potentially getting dumbfires/archers shot into your stupid fat ass, the better.

I'd say archer, but sometimes I sit there bathing in MAX kills thanks to the thing, and it all feels worth it.

Probably the thermals for my harasser basilisk. It was a meme decision. I still feel the need to style on shitters with that + proximity radar. Eventually I guess.

They can't reliably kill a shielded, medkit chugging heavy unless cornered, and they still usually get a deci shot off. NC MAX guns kill anyone before they can react, overshield or not.

Having queues on continents is a welcome thing: reminds me of days past

t. 1.5 IVI KDR

too bad they're artificial, designed exactly to give the impression that there's tons of players

ha ha jokes on you i have a 1.0 | \/ | KDR

Except there are tons of players
At least over the weekend there were

anything NS

>IVI KDR
DA's make-believe statistic doesn't include MAX kills. Presumably because DA was super butthurt about getting outskilled by scatMAXes.

Orion doesn't have the ads speed anymore, does it? Did SVA 88 share its fate too?

You doom sayers talking about how dead the game is or how it will grantee to die in X amount of time.

You are just as bad as the increasingly nervous man saying how Trump will never win.

We're gonna build a wall. Vanu is gonna pay for the wall.
We're gonna make Amerish great again.

the AI module for turrets.

should have bought the spitfire instead. someone else always puts the AI down anyways.

i also deeply regret certing into the liberator because flying it is so fucking unsatisfying

>not walling off the crown
>not making the NC and VS pay for it
>not strangling wrel until he lets you unfuck the point placement

Enforcer C85

Your game is stale as FUCK because of how bad the instant battle function is. Meta being cancerous as fuck doesn't help.

Delete every continent except Hossin when?

Start crossing them off.

>Sauron - Great
>Purple Gatekeeper - Bretty Gud
>Vulcan - Great (best on harasser)
>Gatekeeper - Great
Enforcer - peashooter that flies slower than halberd
Mjolnir - Completely useless

Why?

>using instant action ever

always burst

>Underslung shotgun seems gud.
they aren't

60% of the time it doesn't do enough damage to kill.

I have no idea why Mjollnir even has cone of fire bloom on top of huge drop and spread. Vulcan has like 20% higher DPS and it has very little drop and fixed COF.

>Hossin

at least the mjollnir is just as useless at range as it is up close. HAHA

I actually like using the Enforcer, unless you're speaking of the canister one (which should have been just an alt-fire).

>Alternative fire options
>Weapons that do decent damage to both armor and infantry at the same time

Are you fucking crazy?

>pounders will never have the option for timed detonations
RIP NS frag grenade cannons. Your brief life on the PTS was too bright.

Enforcer has a fucked up pump-shotty reload that makes reloads take longer. It also got a huge velocity nerf so it arcs like a bulldog.

At best the Enforcer is a worse Lightning's viper.

>At best the Enforcer is a worse Lightning's viper.
>At best
>Viper strapped onto a Vanguard.
Are you kidding me?

No bully I just started playing after two year because I was banned didn't think they would nerf it badly and did pretty fine when I manned one earlier.

Yeah a bit crazy, maybe more like a cert like slugs , could also applies for other empires mounted weapons weapons.

What the canister really needs is for each pellet to have a proximity flak effect against infantry.

The Mjolnir should have been a vehicle mounted Raven or Phoenix.

pre-nerf airhammer had that.

>worst DPS in the game
>50% of shots impact the firing vehicle
sure, why not?

no, the mjollnir should have been a railgun

basically a secondary with slower firing rate than even the vanguard main cannon and a chargeup making it even slower but enough alpha to satisfy our cries for a weapon that actually goes with NC philosophy

why'd you get b&

They refused to told me why but I would get it was from using SweetFX and despite trying I couldn't appeal it. The other day I got a mail from Planetside and tried to log on the site since I could I downloaded the game and was able to play. No idea why I was unbanned either really.

Havent played in a while, what the hell is the purple/yellow taint that covers the screen once in a while?

rifk

Yeah I don't see anything wrong with the ability to one-shot MBTs. Nothing could possibly go wrong here.

So an NC Saron?

Since the VS got the TR's Vulcan, I don't see why the NC couldn't get their own Saron.

But the TR have to get a copy of the Enforcer to balance it all out.

LIBE FREE IN THE NC

what if you gave it a long enough reload that it'd be practically useless in larger engagements? think fucking 1 second chargeup, 10 second reload+recharge

airchavs would cry about it

>new deci model
FUCK THAT'S UGLY

thats a plus

in fact give every faction something faction specific that rapes the everlasting fuck out of airchavs

>Underslung shotgun

they are not very good but they are fun when they work

also burst weapons are great but they fuck your musle memory

It would be a plus, but that means it either never gets made or will be heavily nerfed.

Have they added flamethrowers yet?

I saw base building but I'm assuming it's really autistic bullshit that accomplishes nothing.

>tfw landing kekfire rockets on farmfuck esf and finishing them off with secondry

>Have they added framemurderers yet?
The answer will always be no

>Play TR
>Base building is a thing
>Whip out C&C OST as we defend shit

This is what I've been waiting for.

nice, we are back to being ded

I have been playing Man Hitter while monitoring this thread in my second monitor, and every time I look over I read your post and after hitting quite a few mans I still have no fucking clue what you just said.

So what do you guys think of underslung grenade launchers? I bought one as soon as I got my trac-5-s, and used it for quite a while. I think it's neat to have, and being able to spam grenades in biolabs endlessly as an engineer is neat, but they are kind of useless because of the low velocity and the low splash damage makes you have to get direct hits to kill anything.

Smoke grenade launcher, on the other hand, 100 certs I'll never get back. The smoke cloud is puny, and only lasts two seconds at most.

>So what do you guys think of underslung grenade launchers?

Back then, before nanoweave nerf they were ridiculously OP. Shoot in general direction of enemy forces, receive 5 kills OP.
Like a infantry version of pre nerf banshee.

If you cert flak suit your booty will be 50% less blasted.

They WERE not they ARE. SOE nerfed UBGL years ago. It actually had 1250 splash damage to be able to kill pre nanoweave nerf planetmans.

Back then every damn biolab/tower fight was faggots spamming UBGL on attackers from stairs/roof.