/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

dedition

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup?? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/
>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat. Here's a fix:
mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
pastebin.com/ZUHS77ZS
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!at5AACJT!_GFaRwe-D4XPY8bdD8DHrBY9njvc9T107hE-lc0J0vs
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
youtube.com/watch?v=TMIm5se3Nys
youtu.be/dvMgwgFat2o
gunrf.ru/rg_pricel_Magnus_eng.html
youtube.com/watch?v=KRRGYEFZF4A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrading Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
pastebin.com/ZUHS77ZS

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Harpoon Knife/Alternate Flashlights for Arsenal Overhaul 3.x+
mega.nz/#!at5AACJT!_GFaRwe-D4XPY8bdD8DHrBY9njvc9T107hE-lc0J0vs
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous bread:

Bravo on being so ded that the thread died.

2nd for K P A C U B O

youtube.com/watch?v=TMIm5se3Nys

STALKER.MODS.CLAN.SU DOES IT AGAIN

GET HYPE

Literally picrelated.
Every time this guys sit down to the modding, they push the limits.

fucking god damn dinosaurs in the zone

Ended up making an ak74m with rails for whatever reason (rails come from stcop ak74). Also got an aimpoint t1 from that model I guess, so now I guess I'll get around to adding both the aimpoint pro and aimpoint t1. At this point I've collected too many sights; I don't want to push weapon soup off THAT much. I'll probably release a sight addon for it once I get the ekp and ac11090 added so people have some shit to play with.

Also updated the 1p78 texture a little to try to remove the noise filter from the diffuse texture and leave the detail in the normal map.

Compatibility with 5:4 monitors?

>5:4
Is this a legend? Some ruskie aspect ratio I've never heard about?

1280x1024

Unless the weapon viewmodel has a high FOV, immersion is ruined.
RUINED

Wasn't the guy who responded there, but yeah it'll work with those. Just tested it in 1280x1024 and it looks fine.

neat

Also, just started my first game on Chernobyl, only got right past the car park missison. Will post happenings if they happen. Enjoy laughing at a zone noob!

LETS DO THIS

Whoa, just from that picture I feel like I'm really there.

What update do I need to be on for AA w/ Secret trails 2?

How the fuck do I deal with 3 Burers in 1 room (X8 lab)

Going to start shadow of chernobyl and clear skies
any cool mods like amk, oblivion lost, etc that add lots of guns, difficulty and maybe some new things?

>REBORN
nyet

OGSE for SoC, it's standalone so you don't need SoC installed, in fact don't even install it on top of SoC.
Get it from the OGSE ModDB page.

Arsenal Mod Merge for CS, it's in the CS Repo in the OP.

Either AO+SRP merge or TFW for the CS.

>steam version
>No disc inserted
What the fuck

ХABAЙ ГPAHATУ CУКA
Americans, do you have a translations of this?
This phrases one of the important part of Stalker soul.

>steam

ПAЦAHЫ Я MACЛИHУ ПOЙMAЛ
ХAБAP ПPИHEC?

Just sneak one in with a 1p78 (fixed as a nimble model or w/e) on it and I'll be a happy camper.

>>REBORN
ДA
youtu.be/dvMgwgFat2o

Are artifacts not supposed to respawn in CoC? I waited for an emission, went out straight after, and all fields are still empty.

You have to set camp near one and wait through the emission to ambush the bozo who gets to them first.

Going for the radar for that brain scorcher, playing as CS. Should I make a small trip through the Freedom base, clean out all the rats there and see if there's any useful shit for my journey, or head straight for the radars?

>tfw you'll never be mindbroken as you come near the Brainscorcher and experience the pleasure of having your brain scorched endlessly

Kill furfags

What's the most pure congealed Slavic mod ever created for any of the Stalker games?
I don't even care if it's not translated, I want the authentic Ukraine gopnik experience

Pro tip: Fuck vodka, take anti rads instead if you seriously want to get rid of radiation.

Also, I do believe I am fucked as there's that fucker chased by 3 or so bloodcykas and a fucking chimera behind me.

>inb4 reborn
other than that I don't know, count me as interested.

Pro tip: Don't use any consumables. Anti-radiation artifacts are OP in CS and CoP.

Narodnaya Solyanka

Same guy, I'll try OGSE, any good mod that requires soc?

I accidentally sold all my anti-rad artefacts and haven't found any more. Currently hunting for a bubble so I can nab that oasis and negate the rads from that one.

It's these fucking dogs though, fuck them. The chimeras are easy enough to deal with the knife usually because they're slow to recoil from their jumps and turn around. The dogs are fucking spawns of satan though.

Just shoot them with a shotgun senpai

>shotgun
Do you even know who you're talking to?

Eh, I broke and started just going through all the optics. Right now I'm attaching shit to the an94. I have the ekp, 1p78 and pka ready to be imported into the game for the abakan right now, gonna get the 1pn93 in next. Gotta get the pka and 1p78 and 1pn93 attached to the 9a91. I'm still hoping for a release this week even with all of the extra sights (right now, I have these sights: 1p78, 1pn93, ac10632, ac11090, acog, aimpoint pro, aimpoint mini t1, cmore, ekp, eotech, pu, pka, pso, kobra, eotech, and that mini docter sight which I may or may not attach to a few extra pistols like the glock etc. Also have a 3d mark 4 scope I made last night that I may make attachable for nato rifles in general. Probably got enough sights at this point.

How so?

Iris Heart only uses the Bizon.

Starting suit: Sunrise, or Beryl-5?

Playing as a Cheeki

Sunrise all the way.
>playing as cheeki
Trenchcoat then.

Hats off if you manage to do all that in a week. You can get away with skipping the 1pn93 for the carbines since technically it's the svd model iirc.

Any love for the Bizon? I don't get it why the Bizon doesn't get at least the god damn caliber swap upgrades for 9x19 and 7.62x25.
Always the limp dicked 9x18 and I have to fix that shit myself.

t. Iris Heart

Ewww hahaha wow what a loser

>integrated optics
eww

How is Stalkersoup?

>g36
>ever

Do those versions still use the cylinder magazines? I'm pretty limited in what I can do with modeling, I've been just piecing things together from multiple sources really.

Yeah that might be a bit hopeful but meh, its break week so I have a lot of free time haha.

>Do those versions still use the cylinder magazines?
Yes. You'd only have to tweak capacities.

The one I got was attached to a vintorez so meh, I kinda was just thinking about making it attachable to any dovetail. Probably won't be a focus of course, but it'd be cool to have I feel like.

haha

Iron sights always and forever

Sure thing then, that's super easy. I'll add in some place holder sections now so I don't forget.

The 80s ended 25 years ago, grandpa. It's time to move on.

fuck, all I want is to play SHOKER 3.0 in my lifetime...

Yes and? The most widespread assault rifles used today do't have integrated optics.

Is there a way to lower the magazine capacity of a gun using upgrades that doesn't cause a CTD?

I was reading the above about wanting a 7.62x25mm Bizon, and while the caliber swap is easy enough, trying to get the game to reduce the magazine cap from 64 to 45 causes a CTD every time.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if you can't subtract from the value, only add to it.

Yeah, because integrated optics are shit. Why would you ever purposefully prevent yourself from being able to choose?
But why would you not at least use a red dot these days? It has only advantages.

>It has only advantages.
I too love having gimped peripheral vision. AK series guns have good enough iron sights that i legitimately prefer them over shitty reflex or holo sight. And even at night i'd rather take high quality nvg than a dedicated night sight

Let's see you take care of those Monolit fuckheads at more than 100 meters with your red dot, stalker. Integrated optics are the future, man.

In Vanilla the G36 is pretty much the best NATO rifle.

Wait, are you talking about IRL or Stalker? Because "widespread assault rifles" led me to believe the former.

t. every single sci-fi writer
Low power variable optics are the future, dude.

That's a different person, I was talking about irl.
t. person who had to use ironsights.

>ArmA 2 let you switch between optics on the G-36 and guns with an ACOG scope
My fucking dick has never been as erect since I first realized that

I'm not the person sayinng widespread ARs, i was talking IRL tho. Mind you this only applies to iron sights on AK series. M16/AR15 natoshit I'd take Aimpoint over iron sights any time of the day.

>just because I used it means it's the best
I hate this meme. Especially if said person has nothing to compare it to.
In what way a red dot compromises your peripheral vision? Were you not shooting with two eyes open or something? And how the fuck are you supposed to see normal AK sights at night?

>Were you not shooting with two eyes open or something?
You are beyond retarded if you think humans are capable of separate eye processing.

>AR=assault rifle
Please stop. And why are you guys so bent on those AK sights, they're still not illuminated. And why the distinction between them and other, often very similar sights?

It's the 1pn93-4 but I'll admit to nitpicking
gunrf.ru/rg_pricel_Magnus_eng.html

What makes Monolith such good warriors? I mean, they outperform an average stalker while having twice as worse of a gear as, say, an average Army Warehouses loner, guns that jam between each shot and fucking holes in their boots. Sure, some take care of their weapons, but do they really have time to take care of their gear between their twelve hour praying sessions? Anyway, what they have, that the average loner doesn't have, I think, is the fact that they have nothing to lose. I mean, they're like jihadists, they get happy if they die for the Monolith. Even rookie village stalkers have shit they want to keep, and shit to live for. Probably even moreso than others. Monoliths just don't give a shit. I've seen the fuckers lob grenades into buildings that had their own guys inside, just to root out a single exoskeleton Dutyer. Crazy shit man... don't go past the Army Warehouses.

Are you trolling or something? Eye dominance is a thing.

>they're still not illuminated
R u avin a giggle m8?

I used AK as an example but basically everything that has "flat" iron sights is good in my eyes, I can't stand bullshit like what M16 has or say SCAR, or FAL or HK416.

>Meprolight
Have you ever used those things? They're dim as fuck.

Fucking meme I just went through my STALKER folder and found some good shit from back when
Guess the mod

I have, sounds like you got a shitty model

How are you subtracting it from the main pool?

shoker 2 had that too

Seems like it.
Another advantage for the red dots, they have pretty much the same brightness throughout the battery life.

Flint.
This motherfucker
Has gotten so many good stalkers killed
I am going to fucking find a way to murder this fucking faggot slowly with his own intestines

Like I said it's all in preference but for me I found red dot a hindrance rather than help.

Are you going to have individual bullets and ammoboxes akin to ZoA?

Knife him.

Morale

Being a good, effective soldier is 75 % mindset and motivation.

Its the creepy ghost ship mod whose name escapes me.

AND THAT WAS THAT

I think the problem here is that you're assuming too much and I'm being too vague. I had an AK variant that if you used optics with you'd have to install them on top of the dust cover. If you know guns, you'd know that this is a bad idea for accuracy. Also, for night shooting, AKs should have a flip-up night sights.

youtube.com/watch?v=KRRGYEFZF4A
The Zone is weird sometimes, man. There was this one guy... Lucky? I think that was his name. Apparently, he was the best stalker to get if you wanted to get through anomalies. He'd find a way through new anomalies in seconds, they say that he'd just walk right through it, and the Zone would form a way for him. Apparently, his stash was inside of a Space anomaly, where he'd hang out with his buddies, where he'd stash tens of artifacts he would have found in a single anomaly, even digging under dirt in random spots, he'd dig out artifacts. But, Lucky suddenly disappeared from the zone. Some say that there was an argument between the guys in his group that evolved into a shootout, and the survivors of the battle left the Zone.

And if you knew a bit about guns you'd know that (almost) no one installs optic on the dust cover. Railed handguards and side mounts like RS Regulate are a thing.

>Worse gear
Nigga, what? The Monolith have the best gear out of all the factions. The "worst" suit they have, outperforms all but the highest tier suits from other factions and tgeir high tier suits are on par with the other factions except for maybe the Military's Bulat.

And I'm not being too vague, you're just not being knowledgeable enough. I assumed those things were obvious.

Oh god, what the fuck is this trainwreck?