Iran

Why was this man so bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

iranpoliticsclub.net/history/reza-shah/index.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=OaOFPzNfXmA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAVAK
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Revolution
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He wasn't that very bad, mostly incompetent I believe.

iranpoliticsclub.net/history/reza-shah/index.htm

Maybe this will give you some insight.

But on his defence:
youtube.com/watch?v=OaOFPzNfXmA
He was very well aware of what is going out, certainly.

First they deposed his dad, elevated Mossadeq, then toppled him and gave power to son, then fund the fanaticism against Persia-Iran... Did it turned out against them or out to expecations?

Pahlavi, original one wanted to be like Ataturk, but they never gave him ;_;.
He was always around the poor and rurals, whilst his son was in the palaces and the richer part. Kinda lost the idea of why they got rid of Turkic Qajars.
But even the shit dynasty like Saudis had their Faisal - who was killed and is responsible for most of the modernisation they even did in most of existence

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAVAK

He was an American.

Cool lamassu, but wouldn't manticore fits more xd

Lors opinion on the heir?

Nope. And his replacement was worse.

Well, he was brought into power by an American coup d'état.

One can never truly trust these people.

This. He was a foreign puppet and ran the country to line his pockets.
That's not even speaking of the gruesome tortures he inflicted on thousands of people through his secret police.

See >He wasn't that very bad, mostly incompetent I believe.

That's all really. Oh and basically the Soviets just managed to beat the West in this particular proxy war/coup.

SAVAK mostly.

It's a shame he got fucked. The white revolution was based, and a pro-Western Persia would be a wonderful thing to have.

I hope one day Iran and the US make up so they can mutually destroy the Saudis.

No he wasn't. This is such a meme. He was brought BACK into power by the Americans. He was in power before the exile. Hell, even before him his father was the shah.

And no im not a dispora. But the way you guys explain it is leaving out important details.

Yeah. He was brought to power by an English-Soviet coup d'etat in 41 in the first place, then he was brought BACK into power by an US coup d'etat in 53.

Well at least he was a progressive nice guy unlike those islamic thugs... oh wait he wasn't.

He tried: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Revolution
>The White Revolution also included certain reforms of women’s rights. Women gained the right to vote, to run for elected office and to serve as lawyers and later judges. The marriageable age for women was also raised to fifteen
>Although the clergy in Iran were not happy about many aspects of the White Revolution, such as granting suffrage to women...

A coup detat against his father.

He was just mediocre. What he planned to do required a greater man, his father for example. Or even better, someone who Atatürk who his father was kinda trying to imitate. When mediocre small men with delusions of grandeur try too hard to do herculean tasks they get mocked or despised on the long run. In his case he was also hated because he caused a lot of suffering, but Atatürk or his father would not have been deposed (without foreign intervention). Finally, it helps that he was violently literally instaled by foreigner powers two times the first to crown him and the second to give him absolute power. Being an usurper, son of an usurper, he basically had no legitimacy.

Not any of the people you're awnsering, but Mohammed Reza literally usurped the throne of his father with the help of the British.

He was next in line. Holy shit does crown prince not mean anything?

>launched in 1963 by Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi and lasted until 1978

>Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi (Persian: محمد رضا شاه پهلوی Mohammad Rezâ Šâhe Pahlavi pronounced [mohæmˈmæd reˈzɒː ˈʃɒːhe pæhlæˈviː]; 26 October 1919 – 27 July 1980) was the Shah of Iran from 16 September 1941 until his overthrow by the Iranian Revolution on 11 February 1979

22 fucking years before even trying.

Does usurpation and forced abdication do not mean anything?

I'm not talking about Mohammed Reza, the man, but about the Shah. I don't care if he had no choice, which he probably didn't. An usurper doesn't have much legitimacy, and usurping your father is still an usurpation.

>That's not even speaking of the gruesome tortures he inflicted on thousands of people through his secret police.
Considering they were trained by Israelis, as per it's not surprising that the average Iranian has extreme scepticism of the whole American-Israeli-Sunni military industrial complex.

Was Shahist Iran already Anti-Israel? I mean they were fairly secular sometimes even rolling back the islamisation and refering to a Pre-Islamic Iran, I mean just look at the staff in OPs picture.