How long until the USA breaks up?

How long until the USA breaks up?

Other urls found in this thread:

mercatus.org/statefiscalrankings
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

About 350 years

Never. The Union is perpetual

Soon, I hope

During the next economic collapse while Hillary is in office. Texas will almost certainly be the first to secede followed shortly after by other conservative-leaning states in good fiscal condition as well.

mercatus.org/statefiscalrankings

a very long time

>thread about predicting the future
>DURR BETTER POST IT ON THE HISTORY BOARD
sage

>This is just the history board
>Not at all the humanities board also
>Despite the name "humanities" written in big red writing
>The political future of a country isn't humanities
Gas yourself
But Hillary would just send in the drones.

>Historical discussions should be focused on past events, and not their contemporary consequences. Discussion of modern politics, current events, popular culture, or other non-historical topics should be posted elsewhere.
shitposting retard who can't read fuck off

Just 1 actual civil war in 250 years is good track record.

So basically: So long there is geopolitical rival empires, USA will hold itself together with glue.
So long there are no real neighbor states, USA will hold together.

But if a region actually went and did it, USA would collapse over night. It might end with something like California + Washington + New York being "The states" with a lot of states connecting them.

Discussion of modern politics, current events, popular culture, or other non-historical topics should be posted elsewhere.
>Discussion of modern politics, current events, popular culture, or other non-historical topics should be posted elsewhere.
Discussion of modern politics, current events, popular culture, or other non-historical topics should be posted elsewhere.
>Discussion of modern politics, current events, popular culture, or other non-historical topics should be posted elsewhere.
You retards that think politics threads belong on here need to go. Fuck off.

I don't think you're aware of how much the military hates Hillary. Every military branch would back Texas and even if she sent over homeland security or some other federal goons they wouldn't stand a chance against the military and the rednecks

This is quite delusional desu.

USA is about 60% non-white and is already becoming an unbeatable shithole. In the coming decades when it drops to 50% it will have been excluded economically china and by the time it drops below 40% it will basically be brazil.

Imagine a nuclear armed Brazil. Shudder.

This board is dedicated to the discussion of history and the other humanities such as philosophy, religion, law, classical artwork, archeology, anthropology, ancient languages, etc.

Secessionists are so delusional.

>"we're gonna secede and if the gubmint tries to stop us people with huntin' rifles and shit will defeat 'em. also muh thin blue line and support our troops. fuck iran and muslims and mexicans."

If states were to secede, the police and the military would be obliged to stop the secession with force. This already kills the entire secession movement, as secessionists are mainly neocons. Furthermore, the secession movement would need support from enemies of the US as the military would not hesitate to completely BTFO everything as punishment for secession.

hey, cool opinion about politics. Just thought I'd let you know that there's an entire board for that right here on Veeky Forums! You should check it out instead of sharing this information on a history board.

Yeah USA bombs the secession state, becomes an international paraiah for killing their own people.

>implying red states aren't more dependent on the federal government.
>implying the deep south and the midwest aren't welfare queens begging for handouts

Nice fantasy but it'll never happen. The way the country works now won't allow for it.

Didn't stop them in the 1860's

The federal government had a legit cause in 1861 - stopping slavery. What's their reason for encroaching on state's rights in 2016? To set up a totalitarian dictatorship that's what.

If Hillary gets elected the military and the police both will be on their side

It's weird how Veeky Forums has given up on Trump already

Nah, just pointing out what would happen if that scenario were to happen.

I doubt the deep south would be seceding over Trump

kek. I bet Mexico would try to conquer Texas again if that happened.

>implying it happens
>implying it ever happens

Years of /pol/ have taught me that it is never happening, lads. Everything is going to stay normal until some time when we're all already dead.

Retards like this is why the "and humanities" was a mistake, they see "humanities" and read it as "whatever the fuck I want."

>For the purpose of determining what is history, please do not start threads about events taking place less than 25 years ago.

God forbid people dislike the US internationally, I couldn't imagine that reality. How would they cope?

Who? The cartels? Please
>Everything is going to stay normal until some time when we're all already dead
>rise of new right in Europe
>Brexit
>Trump becoming republican nominee
>Russia seizing Crimea
>Cold war 2.0
It happens all the time boyo, it's stuff that you don't expect to happen

Depends entirely on how events play out. I'd say in about 30 - 50 years.

I don't know...Texas would be in a pretty bad shape after a secession war with Washington.

Learn something about modern geopolitics before you talk please