If you have a brain go all in on amazon before the US market closes tonight

If you have a brain go all in on amazon before the US market closes tonight.

Amazon annouces earnings after hours and they are pretty much guaranteed to make good profit I expect amazon to go up at least 3% during after hours and pre market trading.

You don't know what you're talking about m8

Results speak for themselves

Shup

>he's seriously this mad because someone gave him good advice

Hope you're right. Just put $60k on AMZN

lol

Already down $350

Near its all time high. 306 P/E ratio. 23.51 P/B. No thanks.

Short time?

nah investors are using discounted cashflow valuation not the fast ratios.

Got a price point to buy my options at.

Should be looking much better now.

I'm OP by the way I was at the office before. You'll be a happy man tomorrow trust me. Drop me your email for more tips.

I bought just before a big short. I could be up by twice that. This will at least triple before the market opens tomorrow.

It's up lol, wish I seen this thread before close because I sure would have.

Looks crazy better now. News seems to be better then anyone was expecting. Bought at 747.61

Smart to keep holding it till open?

Yeah I'm going to start posting more often if I have sure tips. My even get a tripcode (as much as it pains me) so people know it's me

It was predictable. I expect it to go up further after open but being frank it could go either way. Facebook went down after open this morning and I lost about 600.

People for good reason don't trust anyone here and also most don't have money to invest. Heck I do but it is tied up in other investments.

This was a total experiment. But did some research and learned that the earnings report was expected to be good... but not as good as it actually was... but yea, first time I ever acted on a "hot tip" from /biz

I'm trying to learn and not lose my shirt >_

Glad I could be of service make sure you always do your own research and check multiple sources before you act on anything.

Screenshotted.

So when quarterly reports aren't being announced... What else should I be looking for that will shift a stock?

Company news, lawsuits, major shareholders selling large lots, etc.

Yeah this guy is right. For example yesterday llyods annouced they would be cutting around 5000 jobs and stock went down by 4%. Just keep your eyes peeled for news.

Is there a trick to getting news fast enough that you can act on it?

That is the question, sandpie

I hope you listened to me guys. I made my clients over 400 thousand today.

>don't go on Veeky Forums for a while
>miss the train

For how many clients? Couldn't you have traded on margin or some shit juts for yourself and made the 400k for yourself?

>trading shares instead of options

You would've made a fuckton more money

yesterday llyods annouced they would be cutting around 5000 jobs and stock went down by 4%

I don't know what to believe.

I have often seen the exact opposite reaction when some companies downsize. The move is then spun as a positive development (streamlining/rightsizing/decisive_action/etc.) 'boosting investor confidence'.

I am starting to believe that price action is almost purely random and 'financial news' is just an attempt to explain that shit after the fact.

>made 10-15 dollars on a $700 stock

Woopy fuckin doo teach me another card trick genius.

>Free money over night.
Wahh, the ROI is too low for a 9 hour trick.

Just to update. Sold at open on Friday. Ended up making $1160 because of this post.

Still floored. More than I make in 2 weeks at work...

Been reading about stocks and options non-stop since.

Nah stock price action is quite news correlated. It's just common sense. If a company misses earnings its not doing to well so investors will start selling, shorters will short creating the further decline faster.
When a company cuts jobs its revenue are lowered and potentially profits-low dividends.
Sell.

Though sometimes people with large amounts of capital will push the market in the opposite direction it should go to, this happens rarely, but happens. I would give it a 20% chance of that happening and a 80% of the market moving in the common sense way.

Op just got lucky. Google, Amazon and Facebook only companies with good earnings so far so people sold from other companies and invested into these 3 pushing price very high.