Can I afford a Cadillac ATS?

Can I afford a Cadillac ATS?

I mean, they're $30k, and I see people driving around in Mustang GTs and F150s all day long.

Why would it be considered living beyond my means to drive a 'luxury sedan' when people are buying sports cars and SUVs all day long?

>cars
>2016

>Teleportation
>2280

You ask if you can afford one yet post absolutely no information on your income. I'm going to say no

$42k and I pay like 800 rent.

What are your other expenses?

$42k net? If so with $800 towards rent leaves you with $2700 a month for all other expenses. I can't imagine you're spending more than $1-1.5k/month for the rest of your cost of living. Still leaves you with more than a grand a month to play with.

Seems pretty easily affordable unless you're worried about saving maximum money.

gross

Okay so you're closer to 30k net annually? I'd say it's still possible if you live pretty frugal. I have slightly higher rent and income but I only spend 900-1k on all other living expenses monthly. You'd still be left with 5-700 per month which honestly is doable.

If you buy it I'd recommend putting down at least 10k up front for lower monthly payments.

But a lease looks to be about 279/mo +150ish on insurance + however much gas you use which could vary a lot.

Cutting it real close but you should still come out slightly on top.

Please don't troll him, he will think you're serious

This, all day long.

Btw buying is for schmucks, leasing is the only way to go.

>Living beyond 'MY' means
>When OTHER people drive nice cars
>Since other people drive nice cars, I am rich.

Unless you drive a lot. Then you get assraped with lease.

>Unless you drive a lot.

True, literally the only argument against leasing though. Otherwise leasing is the way to go if you have a predictable driving limit per year.

You should only spend ten percent of your gross salary on a car.

Since you make 42k, you should spend at most $4200

THIS

And buy Japanese.

So the only person who can afford a Mustang GT makes $350,000 per year?

Yes, that's how it is in the world of poorfag Veeky Forums neets who spend their days shilling defunct crypto currencies and shitty biotech penny stocks.

Meanwhile, adults who aren't retarded can easily budget for such a purchase assuming their credit score isn't bix nood tier.

Idk I make 70k/yr and I started to regret my 25k car loan a couple months into it. The cool new car feeling wears off way before the $500 payments end.

I dont think that car will age well. Plus if you're young and white it doesn't suit you. There's a reason its only 30k brand new.

Why not pick up a 4 year old Infiniti G37 S coupe? Its all around a better car and you can pick one up all day for 22K . It'll outlast a cadillac and is much more respectable

Yes, pretty much. Otherwise it's financially irresponsible.

But you can always buy used, too. After all, cars generally depreciate quickly.

A used one goes for $18k.

So I'll wait until I make $180,000.

>buying a cadillac
>not submitting to lexus and buying a 2015 is250
>will never break down on you and is 2x as luxurious for as much or less than caddy which is GM shit
>toyota reliability in a luxury package is priceless

literally the only correct answer

>buying

You lose.

this.

lexus all day

>IS250
>Base model of most basic line
>Autotragic only

With that attitude you should just wait for is200t to start hitting the used market