kek

>poor
>quit my job
>start a business
>have success with business
>sell it for $400,000
>use that money to invest and start another business, make more money
>rich

I just assumed everyone on this board was doing the same thing. Why wouldn't you? Honestly.

I don't get it

he went to the Truck stop to become a Trucker

you make me proud

Still a poorfag college student, but I'll share my modest success.

>Work at startup as lowest paid employee from age 16-18.
>Quit
>Derp around while taking CC classes, can't find any jobs, had a couple of good interviews though.
>Sell odds and ends on eBay that I find/have in room.
>Go to pallet auction house.
>Bid $10-15 on huge forklift pallet sized box easily weighing 600+ lbs filled with crap.
>Win, and get $30,000 in merchandise.
>Hire family member to help me rent truck to pick crap up, sort, and list.
>Have had reasonably lucrative eBay business ever since.
>Make $23+ hr, and at least 10k a year.
>Be 20

meh.

that sounds pretty cool. how do you go about sending heaps of stuff off at a time? ( im about to start a small arts business ) . im confused where to take the product if you have heaps of it...

Not quite sure what you're asking, but I'll try to answer.

>Get $30,000 of inventory.
>Sell $20,000+ in first year.
>Still hold a few hundred to couple thousand of original inventory, plus new.
>Inventory is in 'warehouse'
>Ship items daily via USPS and UPS.
>Schedule USPS pickups, drive to Post Office, put in mailbox, not every item is huge.

>Schedule USPS pickups, drive to Post Office, put in mailbox, not every item is huge.

yea i didnt proof read it.
Im planning on shipping my sold products off all at the same time and it would be wierd if i carted in boxes and boxes of shit into the post office. scheduling pickups sounds a bit better, still would rather bring it to them though

It takes a long time to ship in bulk. I usually don't take more than 20 packages at once to the Post Office. I simply just don't sell enough.

Also USPS hates picking up packages, so I try to limit it to twice a week. Giving them more than 6, or more than 20 lbs will piss them off lol.

okay noted, thx dude

What kind of business? How'd you find a buyer?

Yep, best of luck.

Best sales I ever had in one day were $1000.

How'd you find out about the auction? Is this how you still source inventory? How can I find something like this near me?

>Be me
>See bitcoins splashed all over this fuck hole site
>$0.08 ish a coin
>nah fuck that gay shit
>$1000 a coin
mfw

>Only made $50k p/a in the US
>Married Indonesian woman
>Moved there
>Make $50k p/a in Indonesia

Now I'm rich in Indonesia

how much total in assets?

Nice, used to work for a guy selling on ebay with a few other people, average we'd make 3-5k per week

Venturing off on doing it myself though, since I know where to get some inventory, definitely beats the minimum wage I got working there

around 120k in semi liquid investments.. 1 million if you include the house my parents left me

noice

also sorry for being dumb but what is a semi liquid investment

means its not easily spendable like cash. ie: stocks, ETF's and cryptos

ok so is there also liquid investments?

yes, its basically cash

Step 1: Steal Internet marketing products
Step 2: Learn IM from products
Step 3: Re-shoot and repackage IM Products
Step 4: Sell for low to mid 4 figures
Step 5: Shill for a year
Step 6: Repeat

MFW I'm 22 and all my old HS friends just graduated University and I'm making more money in a year than they will their entire career.

It's a beautiful industry where you make it while you're faking it.

Protip: Set yourself up as many speaking engagements at Universities as possible and charge them heavily knowing that kids are going into debt paying your fee.

what if I keep my cash in a bank in Alaska? will it still be liquid even though it's so cold?

Hello warrior friend

if it gets wet, it will freeze solid

Family member was helping me find a job. Heard about place from work. Ended up becoming a customer instead, and started the business.

Yes, it's one of my primary sources of inventory. I honestly haven't had much luck recently, I hate overpaying for merchandise, so I rarely win much.

Finding a similar place can be difficult. Just look for auction warehouses, etc. There's always damaged/liquidated goods waiting to be sold.

This company specializes in it, and auctions to the public, and sells the really profitable stuff on eBay. I get the 'junk' and sell it on eBay.

Gotcha, very interesting. Are you full time or what else do you do?

it will be a solid investment

THANK YOU

> hated high school and work school to work as mechanic
> continue being a mechanic while everyone else goes to college
> lolstoopidmechanic.jpg
> eventually do get sick of being blue collar
> enlist in Air Force as meteorologist
> save all my money like a jew, because all my expenses are paid
> use all my tuition assistance while enlisted to get most of a business degree knocked out.
> do home work at work
>travel Europe
> get Air Force on resume
> get out after 4 years and use that awesome GI BILL (free tuition and $1600 housing
allowance)
> buy a condo in Austin Tx with cash saved when in the Air force, VA loan.
> airbnb one room cash flow of $1200 a month
> use mechanic skills to fix up house bought for 120k now worth 220K.
> get internship at hedge fund because veteran and I was willing to work over holidays
> grind out 1 year of soul crushing boring work at hedge fund
> start MBA (free)
> get hired on as an analyst at a company working directly with the CFO who is a veteran and saw that I had 1 year experience at a hedge fund.

now I'm 29 with 250k net worth and a pretty bright corporate future.

I'm not a very smart person, but this is a great path that anyone with average intelligence could do if they tried.

So you have a condo and a house or just a condo? Couldn't tell. I rent the 2nd bedroom in my apartment, brings in like $1500/month so I live rent free, pretty sweet desu senpai. Anyway good job m8.

just 1 condo

Not quite there yet but 22 now and have increased my gbp by at least %33 each year since 18

Mind telling your story?

>things that never happened general

>born poorfag with drug addict, irresponsible parents, barely enough food, ghetto shack, everything is ratty and broken
>start watching them and learning from their mistakes
>keep trying to learn, better myself, and better my life to one day get out of poverty
>resolve to never live paycheck to paycheck
>get involved in bad relationship in high school, tore down my self confidence, dragged my life down, destroyed everything
>realize this is shit, cut ties, return to university for better major
>go into an arms race of learning, focusing on personal finance especially, methods of thinking, lifestyle design
>in a good place now, looking to only work fulltime 5 years, then go part time only, then retire completely around 45
>about to start marketing a few side hustles
>will also have passive income from investment

Good job.

Poorfags who want more are the most motivated on earth.

I grew up with money and my motivation to work is pretty mediocre.

I run a small business that I own. With modest work I can make $60k - $70k a year. If I really worked my ass of on it I would definitely crack $100k. but I'm just not motivated to do so. I'd rather chill as much as possible.

My story..

>shittyy genetics have me with minor seizures and appalling dexterity, poor handwriting and low self esteem.
>teachers pay no attention except for a couple who recommend university.
>parents pressure me into a trade, electrical... Great idea for someone with the dexterity of a leg of ham.
>fluke into Industrial field and machinery, discover I have a knack for problem solving and automation.
>at 21 poached to work for another company and end up promoted in 3 months to machinery installer and trainer.
>3 years later take the opportunity to move into sales. Treat every inquiry as a problem that requires solving. Earn 6 figures first year and double the next.
>travel the world in this role taking every opportunity I get learning about business, technical knowledge etc.
>5 years ago start my own company with 25% margins and $4m turn over.

38 now and married with a family.
No complaints, work hard and pick a room where you're the smartest

>Poorfags who want more are the most motivated on earth.
No, it's the ones who weren't poorfags that became poorfags that are the most motivated, if they can pull themselves up.

17 years old
>Inherit £3,000
>spend on university accommodation
>Win geo-political lottery, get tuition paid, get a fatty bursary
>Work summer placements throughout university
>Graduate with a Masters in a professional subject

21 years old
>Work two years in the back end of nowhere saving cash and submitting huge expense claims because of distances between base location and work locations (roughly £400/month. Actual cost of travel was £230/month).
>Go from trainee salary to registered base salary £30,000/year
>Get a linked in account set up

23 years old
>Get headhunted
>Now I'm at £36,000/year. Lower expense claims, but also into project work rather than monotonous work.

I plan to escape my "profession" within the next few years because I'm getting close to the upper limit on salary and move into more project based roles.

Definitely agree. Kids from rich families become teachers, art majors, shit like that. They always have daddy's money to fall back on and are told to "pursue their dreams," which is usually shit like painting or being a professional blogger. Poorfags all want the big jobs. Law, medicine, engineering. They've seen the darkness at the bottom and know not to fuck around. Not all poorfags, of course, only those who realize it isn't okay and it fucking blows nutsacks.

What profession?

>be broke
>inherit a mil
>no longer broke
le fin

>born penniless
>gain access to trust fund at 16
>rich

You wasted your time typing out a meme. Is that really what people who aspire to wealth do.

Here is a hint dinduts:
Instead of imagining how you're gonna live once you're a (multi)millionaire, imagine how youre gonna live to get there. And typing shitty memes out isnt the way to go.

As much as I dream of driving a tesla and living in a mansion TOMORROW, by now I know wealth usually doesn't come from one bang. It comes in little trickles. And it sure as hell doesnt come from jobs (tip for fellow wagies).

I'm by no means rich, but I have ascended significantly in the halls of power. Story:

Born to non college educated father and mother in 82. Mother works odd jobs at factories, father is a truck driver for a soda company.

>Father abandons mother at 4 years of age with little brother the day after he's born
>Mother completely left with his loans and etc with no income moves back in with parents
>Raised on farm with 2 brothers and grandparents where all of my aunts and uncles also live combined together solely on the salary of one uncle working at postal route and our farm labor efforts buying baby cattle and chickens and turkeys, raising them and selling them.
>Highschool comes around early 90s, fancy myself a hacker, do drugs with hacker friends no considerations towards college
>grad highschool by the skin of my teeth fuck the system le'edgy.jpg

>Attend trade college for informationsystemsassociates so uneducated don't realize I can get BS from normal university without SAT's. Get second associates degree while working as IT desktop guy at local telco making about 50grand a year

>land job at IBM, invest the shit out of money, make about 25 grand off of investments despite 50k salary and pay off student loans in 4 years time. at the ripe old age of 24

>Travel the world have months of vacay time get networking certs get job paying 60k and tons of bennis etc visit several foreign countries hot foreign wife etc

>work with my long forsaken father to get business loan of 650k and start a manufacturing business

>Manage the business to about 22-26 million in revenue depending on who's models you read over the course of 4 years

>go bankrupt when commodities crash

>all the trade finance people I'd been dealing with absolutely love my bootstrapping attitude and positive lust for success and methodology

>Start small PE investment group developing small businesses and selling trade finance services to major corps with partners international trade finance experience

ctd...

>ffw to today frequently introduced to ambassadors, ministers of energy and mining and occasionally minfin in emerging markets

>known by a number of VC and Hedgefund managers around town

>Partner is wealthy successful young retired "tactical trade finance" expert

>Learning more than I ever imagined every week, realizing the more I learn the more I don't know.

MFW I still get embarassed I don't have a Bachelors degree

MFW I still have so far to go before I can help my family the way I really want to

MFW if I don't close the next deal in 2 weeks I may have to go back to wage slaving for a while in order to rebuild my warchest and continue this process

MFW I am extremely humble and appreciative of all of my accomplishments in life, and my primary motivation is to develop a sustainable future despite not wanting kids and to give back to poor communities especially in 3rd world countries.

>I know wealth usually doesn't come from one bang. It comes in little trickles.
What's on your mind, OP?

While I would agree this is the case for the majority of wage slaves there are plenty of million dollar business opportunities that are exercised with some frequency in this great US of A despite what the media would have you feel.

>And it sure as hell doesn't come from jobs
Who's spouting memes now? It's always people with shitty jobs saying this, just as it's always people with shitty degrees saying that degrees are worthless.