Are SJWs to the contemporary western world what the Christians were to the Roman Empire?

Are SJWs to the contemporary western world what the Christians were to the Roman Empire?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UxpVwBzFAkw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, they were more like Muslims.

What on earth did drive you to that idea?

Thank doesn't make any sense.

That makes even less sense, somehow.

It makes perfect sense

>homophobic
>have strange cultural restrictions
>hated/seen as a nuisance by non-muslims
>quickly becoming a majority in cities

Eerie parallels,both groups wish to destroy history so they can rewrite it.

Both are cults that arose in prosperous societies.
Both elevate suffering and oppression as virtues and acheivements.
Both claim that certain undesirable human traits ('sin' with Christians,'bigotry' with SJWs) are present in virtually every facet of humanity and human society.
Both see these undesirable traits as impossible to ever fully eliminate or to be free from.
Both ultimately seek to weaken and destroy the civilizations that gave birth to them in the name of virtue.

Also

>extremely zealous about their religion
>muslim suicide bombers vs christians seeking out martyrdom

Islam promotes conquering your enemies though. Christianity promotes being conquered by your enemies.

Read Augustine.

replace "bigotry" with "privilege" and you've got something cooking.

they remind me of Savonarola and his Bonfire of the Vanities
and the Inquisition and their belief crimes or thought crimes
and they have a bit of witch hunt hysteria to them as well

>Both are cults that arose in prosperous societies
>Roman Judea
>Prosperous
Pic none
>Both elevate suffering and oppression as virtues and acheivements.
Only Christianity does that. SJW's condemn suffering and oppression as being due to systemic causes.
>Both claim that certain undesirable human traits ('sin' with Christians,'bigotry' with SJWs) are present in virtually every facet of humanity and human society.
True, but that's not unique to either of them.
>Both see these undesirable traits as impossible to ever fully eliminate or to be free from.
For totally different reasons though
>Both ultimately seek to weaken and destroy the civilizations that gave birth to them in the name of virtue.
Christianity arguable helped preserve the Eastern Empire.

>Only Christianity does that. SJW's condemn suffering and oppression as being due to systemic causes.
'The last shall be first, and the first shall be last' is literally the progressive stack. One is couched in religious language where the afterlife is the ultimate enforcer of social justice, but both clearly have similarly radical ideas.

Christianity arose at the end of the Pax Romana, first point is false.
Christianity does not elevate suffering or being oppressed, it elevates taking it with a straight face maintaining your virtue, essentially being the bigger person and being the morally stronger person.
Second claim is also false.

Sin is pervasive, no man can claim perfection.
Show me a man who hides not greed nor malice in his heart!
Humans are base by nature, they are not moral paragons, especially not from a Christian perspective.
Third claim is false.
Christians don't think it is impossible, in fact they live for the day that the world and man is made perfect.
SJWs do believe that they can reach a non-bigoted society, that's why they are progressives.
fourth claim is not only wrong its in fact the opposite of whats true.
Western Civilization rose to its height when it took on the name "Christendom" I'll let you do the math.

The reason the Roman empire was so successful was its tolerance and plurality. As opposed to the Christians, who imposed its culture on its subjects

>Christianity does not elevate suffering or being oppressed, it elevates taking it with a straight face maintaining your virtue, essentially being the bigger person and being the morally stronger person.
Exactly. Christians see enduring suffering at the hands of others as virtuous. Compare this to Judaism, where the Israelites triumphing over their enemies or escaping their oppression is celebrated. You're just making my point for me.

>Humans are base by nature, they are not moral paragons, especially not from a Christian perspective.
Again, that's exactly what I said. For a basic example of what I mean, compare Old Testament law to New Testament law. Old Testament laws are very clear and direct. Don't steal, don't murder, don't eat this food, don't sleep with a woman under X conditions, etc. New Testament law, on the other hand, is just a vague indictment of humanity from the heart outwards. According to Jesus, we're all sinners, and all sinners deserve to be tortured for eternity. Even looking at a woman with lust in your heart is a transgression.

That's a cult of self-hatred if anything on earth ever was.

Christians were extremely conservetive, and their values are opposed to the SJWs who are all atheists.

they also didn't fuck around and had no qualms about complete and total genocide

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

>Christians ban female priests
>Christians got triggered by homosexuality
>Christians say to accept authority, including that of your husband or master if you're a slave
I don't think so

>Christians got triggered by homosexuality
So do SJWs.

Not by the standards of the day. Conservatism depends on the society you live in.

"All are equal before Christ" even if its only a spiritual equality, was a radical statement. So was 'amassing wealth is bad'. So was that the gods people had worshipped for centuries were satanic deceptions.

Proclaiming all the aspects of the society in which you live as wicked is not conservative at all.

You people saying 'Christians share the values of today's conservatives/reactionaries so they were conservatives' are missing the point. Those modern reactionaries hold those values BECAUSE Christianity triumphed over the conservatives of its own day and transformed itself into the new status quo.

The west rose to prominence in spite of Christianity. That's not even an indictment, but no society that follows the precepts 'love your enemies and turn the other cheek' can survive. Neither can one that considers the wealthy evil, or that we should be focused entirely on the spiritual to the by and large exclusion of the material world.

It was only by consciously ignoring those uncomfortable bits of Christ's teachings that Christendom prospered.

Christians were pro Roman Empire, and were only against a few religious customs, and when they taken other the emprie they didn't transformed into a progessive paradise like sweden.

when they taken over the empire they didn't transformed it into a progressive paradise like sweden*

>Christians were pro Roman Empire

hahahaha. Have you read the Book of Revelation? It's literally a long, pissed off screed about how the Roman Empire fucking sucks and Jesus is going to destroy it.

>"We have no king but Caesar"

Is supposed to show how low the Sanhedrin had sunk.

>and were only against a few religious customs

They were against the entire base of the Roman religion, which was worship of the ancestral gods and spirits. Sure they integrated some features of the official faith when they took power, but that's it.

>and when they taken other the emprie they didn't transformed into a progessive paradise like sweden.

You're still missing the point. 'Progressive' or 'radical' values change with the times. No one is saying the Christians were IDENTICAL to modern leftists, only that they were analogous. When they took over Rome they turned it into a Christian paradise.

Christians were to traditional Roman customs and values as 'SJWs' are to traditional customs and values today. Today's traditional customs and values (in the west at least) are only traditional because the Christians won, and what was once radical became established, and eventually tradition.

fags all need to die

I don't know, the Romans were into a bit of faggotry and they did pretty well for a while to say the least.

In fact it was when they stopped being faggots that things started to go downhill.

Coincidence?

Woah there buddy don't cut yourself on that edge

>Are SJWs to the contemporary western world what the Christians were to the Roman Empire?

they are more like Tomás de Torquemada in the Spanish Inquisition. Acting as the vanguard of the establishment. But the weird thing is, they think they are actually being rebellious

You try to pose the roman values as degenerate but if you read Cicero and the latin stoics their values don't differ too much of the christians values, while the SJWs unironically want to destroy the traditional values held by both pagan philosophers and christians to replace them with artificial degenerate values like equality, sexual freedom, etc.

How are SJWs the vanguard of the establishment?

I don't think the Roman values were degenerate at all, just that Christians saw them that way. The Roman obsession with civic virtue and especially military conquest is pretty damn far from the meekness and passivity espoused in the gospels. The Roman religion's focus on ritual also sets it apart from Christianity (though they later adopted much of this as Catholics).

>How are SJWs the vanguard of the establishment?

They go on internet crusades to ruin anyone who doesnt subscribe or challenges the liberal dogma that their leaders set up. SJWism is all based on the writings of Herbert Marcuse and Saul Alinsky, who influenced people like Obama and Hillary Clinton.

Yes
Its downfall.

Forgot to add to all of this; The principles of Christians and so called SJWs are both at war with the basic nature of mankind.

If you're not a Christian, you might say this shows how foolish Christianity is. If you ARE a Christian, you might say it shows that they indeed AREN'T natural and sent from on high, but either way, the comparison stands.

youtube.com/watch?v=UxpVwBzFAkw

>I don't think the Roman values were degenerate at all

Yes but you try to pose them as degenerates in a christian POV so you can say christians weren't conservatives and wanted to replace the traditional roman values with a new set of values, but if you read Cicero for example :

"The considerations thus briefly set out (for I have not aimed at such a full account as I might have given, since the matter admitted of no uncertainty), these considerations then lead to the undoubted conclusion that all the virtues, and the Moral Worth which springs from them and inheres in them, are intrinsically desirable. 65 But in the whole moral sphere of which we are speaking there is nothing more glorious nor of wider range than the solidarity of mankind, that species of alliance and partnership of interests and that actual affection which exists between man and man, which, coming into existence immediately upon our birth, owing to the fact that children are loved by their parents and the family as a whole is bound together by the ties of marriage and parenthood, gradually spreads its influence beyond the home, first by blood relationships, then by connections through marriage, later by friendships, afterwards by the bonds of neighbourhood, p469then to fellow-citizens and political allies and friends, and lastly by embracing the whole of the human race. This sentiment, assigning each his own and maintaining with generosity and equity that human solidarity and alliance of which I speak, is termed Justice; connected with it are dutiful affection, kindness, liberality, good-will, courtesy and the other graces of the same kind.

You see nothing which can conflict with the christian values.

SJWs are modern day Christians. Slave morality incarnate

The views of a philosopher and statesmen are hardly representative of the views of a society as a whole. You might as well say Plato was representative of his society.

By the way, there's nothing in there which a modern leftist (or SJW if you prefer) would object to either.

Cicero was well know for being a conservative among the roman society, and he is himself a roman and a pagan, if the christians were SJWs they would have disagreed with him and they would have dismantled the evil imperialistic roman reich, while shaming the roman for their supremacist views but they did not do that.

Okay but as I said that statement is not particularly conservative and even modern SJWs would agree with it.

>while shaming the roman for their supremacist views but they did not do that.

Revelation is literally 'the romans is an evil oppressor: the book'.

Revelation speak about the end of the time and should not be taken literally, and the roman empire is never clearly mentioned in it.

Also; christians, particularly Eusebius blessed the ambition of universal dominion of the Roman Empire, they didn't try to shame it, and Jesus and Paul are clear about how we should treat the state :

Then Jesus said to them, "Give back to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's." And they were amazed at him.
Mark 12:17

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.
Romans 13:1

Christians aren't leftist revolutionaries unlike the SJWs.

Interesting watch.

The Great Whore dressed in scarled and purple, drunk with the blood of saints and martyrs, atop a seven-headed beast is hardly subtle.

The eight kings are probably the Caesars of Rome.

fag back to the truth isn't edgy

Pff, they wished. The christfags were at least prepared to die for their beliefs, these pussies cry uhpreshun over a broken fingernail.

Very strong points. I I'll enjoy Christ justice warriors contort words and rewrite history to say that this is somehow not the case.

I mean i know this is Veeky Forums, but holy shit this board is terrible, i finally know why no one wanted Veeky Forums board before, its just a terrible idea on a site like Veeky Forums.

t. triggered Christcuck

right, only christians would see this thread as a stupid cirklejerk about sjw hate.

>You see nothing which can conflict with the christian values.

Well, the valuation of the family is at odds with contemporary Christianity.

atleast post an argument or something rather than make a crying babby post

nope.avi

SJWs are not that big a problem. at least not as much as you guys make it out to be.

Christians weren't a big problem either, the hate for them was overblown.