He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss...

>He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you.

What does it mean ?

Other urls found in this thread:

Veeky
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

“For I am I: ergo, the truth of myself; my own sphinx, conflict, chaos, vortex—asymmetric to all rhythms, oblique to all paths. I am the prism between black and white: mine own unison in duality.”

>newfags can't stare into the abyss and feel the cold nothingness creeping its way into their soul
seriously, you should just consider a well paying job with retirement in sight and 1.5 kids.

It means Hegel was right

You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain.

It's about nihilism. Nietzsche was plagued by nihilism, like Christian saints plagued by temptation.

I'm inclined to believe it's about environments and how it's in every persons power to define whether it's healthy or not and if one accepts it then they become it.

Lurk /pol/ for a Whole month.

It's about being weary not to turn into that which you are fighting. For example you're a revolutionary who is in the process of overthrowing a brutal dictator/king/whathaveyou. As you fight more you risk using the same tactics and brutality that you hate.

The second one is much more open to interpretation and can be seen several ways. Personally I look at it and it warns of the risk of knowing just how small you really are.

When you go through a traumatic event, even after it has passed you cannot always just go back to being happy. It changes you, you'll live with the memory of the fear and emptiness.

Have you seen people who work in penitentiary system? Professional deformation is a thing.

This actually sums it up perfectly...

Hahahaha never thought about it, but yeah

The things you see and do desensitize and embitter you.

I don't get it

Okay, sure. See you in a month Veeky Forums

this guy gets it

I'm already having fun.

Of course you don't become a dragon in the same way, what is meant is your a way of being will become dragon-like as a prerequisite for destroying the dragon(because the dragon torments you say because of your weakness and its vicious strength, you then give up elements of yourself to become something capable of destroying one who is vicious and strong, this necessitates that you do so too perhaps because for one reason or another you are not so constituted that you can achieve the necessary strength without fully extending yourself) so that in the end if you become vicious you become something in need of slaying yourself.

The thing is, you think I don't have to become evil to slay the dragon, well that's not the point. One need not be evil to slay the dragon but don't think your good will is simply essential to you rather than your relationship to the world as you currently are.

Everything is constituted by everything else, if one thing changes everything changes so it simply means beware that you change more than you intend to change. In another way once of course you displace the dragon you take its place as top of the hierarchy but that's a lesser point imo. What's postulated is that there is an essential relationship between your attempt to overcome something and your absorption of it and that you perhaps hate things for nothing more than what they are.

>dragons

Alle Drachen sind Ungeheuern, aber nicht alle Ungeheuern Drachen sind.

That means you should fight against dragons until you become one and marry the abyss

You have to put yourself in its place to learn how it thinks and understand it to be able to confront it

You cannot beat what doesn't exist and you can only acknowledge its existence through your perceptions

You'd be only be fighting against yourself (your self made idea of the dragon) if that wasn't the case

Same thing with the abyss you "create" in the abyss the abyss creates in you or something like that

Enantiodromia

It means if you fight a lot of trainers who use Dragon Pokemon, you might start to use Dragon Pokemon yourself, since it is weak to itself

>and If you gaze too long into umaru, umaru will gaze into you

*Alle Drachen sind Ungeheuer aber nicht alle Ungeheuer sind Drachen

We should fight dragons. They're pretty rad.

It means that if a dragon bites you, or if you drink water contaminated with dragon saliva, you will turn into a dragon on the next new year's eve.

>abyss
Many dragons live in abysses, so if you look carefully enough you might notice a pair of eyes staring back at you.

"To fight the Empire is to become the E mpire."

The shit winds

how do you tell if youre a dragon or not?

Among people I know, the worst they got bullied in childhood, the more likely they are to act as a bully when possible as an adult.

confirmed for not reading a single page of Nietzsche. He despised Nihilism, perhaps more than any philosopher has ever hated anything.

And Christians didn't despise temptation?

U stoopid

Holy shit, that is the plot for Dragon's Dogma and that picture you posted happens in Dragon's Dogma as well.

The Dragon's were actually former heroes sent to seek another hero.
Who would have thought it was inspired by Nietzsche?

Ye, stupid mistake. Couldn't remember if aber was a coordinating or a subordinating conjunction.

Or if it could be both.

I was wondering where OP was getting that.

If you spend too long trying to make sense of devilish vagabonds you might start to adopt their ways of thinking.

>mfw posting on /pol/ for a few years now
>still untainted

I was on /pol/ since it was /n/ and the opposite happened, my cynicism started to encompass cynicism itself and I realized how futile it all is.

Then what you go there simply to pose a contrary opinion?
Honestly I suspect bullshit that you've been going there 'years'. /pol/ had a significant moment in it's history and is hardly the same to-day as it once was before.

The titan Sargeras slays the evil creatures, in the end he got corrupted by them and turned into a evil god

>mfw you realize that /pol is right to some extent. they just don't know how to express themselves without going full retard.

If one thinks enough on a thing they may become indistinguishable from that thing themselves. Enough time in another world turns a man foreigner in his own country.

Did Nietzsche ever update this theory once he stopped being a romantic?

>In a metaphysical framework the chorus is the essence of the play and embodies a certain Dionysian consciousness which deals with the primal realms of the human condition. Tragic myth can only be understood as a symbolic picture of Dionysian wisdom by means of Apollonian art.

More like just write Veeky Forums.org/

When you kill your enemies, they win.

Maybe at first, now Fairy type is a much better choice.

I'm on year 3.
I've stopped going as often lately, its just getting too.... well you know... hardcore.

It's annoying how dumb the majority of /pol/ is, how gullible they are and how easily they fall for the bait. You can have some good conversations and it's always fun during the happenings, but it gets repetitive and tiring after a while.

Actually a good analogy
Get the fuck out poser