Teach me about the Nuristani people Veeky Forums...

Teach me about the Nuristani people Veeky Forums. Are they descendants of Alexander's army or are they the descendants of Proto-Indo Europeans who decided to settle in a secluded area in the mountains?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u5a_Ca6Y3wA
pnas.org/content/111/13/4832.full.pdf
biorxiv.org/content/biorxiv/early/2015/03/13/016477.full.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-Europeans
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>muh stupid unsubstantiated myth
First of all, they look fucking nothing like Greeks to begin with, neither them nor Kalash.
Second of all, Greeks weren't all that light to begin with compared to middle eastern populations.
Third of all, genetic studies prove they're more or less like their neighbours, albeit with peculiarities that come from isolation for thousands of years. They're local selections for the same traits as in Europe.
Finally, pre-proto-IEan genomes were sequenced and they were all without exception dark haired and dark eyed,and the light pigmentation in northern Europe is a recent post neolithic development. So cut the 'muh blond eyed untermensch aryan' meme shit or go back to pol.

All of the white-ish people of central Asia (Nuristanis, Kalash, Pamiris, etc) are descended partially from the Tocharians, the Indo-European people who inhabited the Tarim basin until they were conquered by the Uyghurs. There is also lesser contribution from Indo-Iranian steppe tribes and Greco-Bactrians.

Bullshit. Large-scale Mutations have happened in many instances. Aussie Abos can be blonde, uncontacted African tribes can have green eyes, and certain Native American tribes had blue eyes when they were first discovered.

How does this make what he said bullshit?

Retard

the blonde from the abos in australia comes from the dutch who shipwrecked there before the first european settlers. look it up if you dont believe me, im not going to provide a source unless you ask nicely.

Not him but source please?

That's a nice hat.

They're just Dards that were isolated.

I have a lot of pictures of Nuristani people, I can share if you guys want

these kinds of unsubstantiated bullshit claims reminds me once again that this board is full of pseudo-intellectuals who spout the most inane """facts""" and proves that everything you read here should be taken with a huge grain of salt

neither, isolated middle eastern populations that don't marry outsiders, like jews for example, tend to develop lighter features for some reason, probably because they're shuffling recessive genes around

True dat.

But reminder that we're in a Indo-European horse training newsletter.

>Finally, pre-proto-IEan genomes were sequenced and they were all without exception dark haired and dark eyed
Source? Considering light hair/eyes are most common in Northwestern Europe rather than Iran and Eastern Europe, that would probably make the most sense.

Go on.

Unfortunately there's not a lot of professional photographs. I'm guessing it's because they're known to be hostile, according to people that have been there at least.

For example the Wakhis are isolated as well but the area is safe and they're extremely friendly so foreigners often go to visit them.

should I invest in elephants?

Some look very European

Elephants are shit m8

They were pagan until 1895

If only Britain had succeeded in conquering Afghanistan in 1839 we would have another living Indo-European pagan tradition documented

Others not so much. A lot of people expect all of them to look like they're from Scandinavia but that's not true.

Their numbers are rather low, at around 400k, and a lot of other ethnic groups came to Nuristan and mixed with the locals. So the number of pure Nuristanis may be even lower.

They also have a lot of languages, but again many are close to extinction. It's all quite sad

Apparently they also hate Arabs a lot, for some reason

*north-eastern europe

Doesn't everyone east of the Zagros hate arabs?

lol...none of them look like scandinavians

These people confuse the hell out of /pol/tards and their notions of "whiteness"

It's been emphasised a few times how much the Nuristanis hate the Arabs so I'm guessing they really don't like them, compared to others at least

Well some of them look very white, Im just saying it's not as common as some think

I think they were the first to fight against the Soviets

I'm not bothered to dump anymore pictures. Hope you guys enjoyed it though

It was cool, thanks.

what the fuck is their problem?

scandinavian aren't "very white" they have a skin color like the girls in the pic I posted

If you're talking about their expressions then its probably because of terrible standard of living + suspicion of strangers. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them haven't a clue what a camera is

this

Yamnaya headed east from their homeland in the Eurasian steppelands, moving all the way to the Altai Mountains of Siberia, where they replaced local hunter-gatherers. This means that this distinctive culture of pastoralists, who had ox-driven wagons with wheels and whose warriors rode horses, dominated much of Eurasia, from north-central Europe to central Siberia and northern Mongolia. They persisted there until as recently as 2000 years ago. “Now we see the Yamnaya is not only spreading north into Europe; they’re also spreading east, crossing the Urals, getting all the way into central Asia, all the way into the Altai, between Mongolia, China, and Siberia,” says evolutionary biologist Eske Willerslev of the University of Copenhagen, author of one study.
They found that the Yamnaya of the Samara Valley in the northern steppe of Russia were genetically indistinguishable from the Afanasievo of the Altai in the Yenesey region of southern Siberia, which confirms archaeologists’ suggestions that there was a vast migration of steppe pastoralists to the east. But unlike in Europe where the Yamnaya interbred with local farmers, the Yamnaya moving east completely replaced the local hunter-gatherers—perhaps because this region was only sparsely populated, Willerslev says.

This eastern branch of the Yamnaya (or Afanasievo) persisted in central Asia and, perhaps, Mongolia and China until they themselves were merged with Andronovo, another subgroup of Yamnaya. These people from the Caucuses area, who were genetically related to central Europeans, persisted in central Asia until 2000 years ago, which means that people in central Asia were actually Europeans rather than living Asians. It wasn’t until relatively recently—just 2000 years ago—that these Caucasians were replaced by immigrants from eastern Asia, such as the Karasuk, Mezhovskaya, and other Iron Age cultures that today make up the ancestry of people in central Asia.

It's clearly not their natural skin color but from a tanning cream or tanning bed.

it is their natural skin colour, I've never seen a blond scandinavian who wasn't that color. Blonds from other countries frequently have that swarthy orange complexion too. Even if its a tanning bed, a russian or a brit won't go into a tanning bed and come out that color

swedish people before tanning beds, spray tans or tanning creams:
youtube.com/watch?v=u5a_Ca6Y3wA

Who would fuck an abo though?

Those girls in the picture are blatantly tanned though, probably naturally but its not really different from a tanning bed

t. swede

Men would fuck anything desu

Weren't they called Kafiristan before, or I got confused?

I remember they practised some most ancient form of Vedism still existing, that is before Iranic and Indic split.

Better example.

Retard alert.

Yep you are right. Their province was called Kafiristan, meaning land of the infidels. They practiced what some define as an ancient form of Hinduism, similar to their neighbours the Kalash.

When they were converted, the province was renamed Nuristan, meaning land of the enlightened.

Ok here's what I think. They are descendants of Indo-Europeans that isolated and preserved their traits due to isolation from neighboring tribes. See Kalash People of Pakistan.

Moreover, the original Vedic Aryans of India looked like that before race-mixing with the native population, and they and the Indo-Europeans that settled in Europe separated in pre-historic times.

Now I'm not saying they all looked like pic related. On the contrary, I think that the majority of them had brown hair and eyes. But it is obvious that they do have the genes for blonde hair and blue eyes, and that those traits were selected in areas where there lacked abundant sunlight, such as Scandinavia, giving rise to a branch more specialized in producing vitamin D.

Actually the girl in pic related is not Kalash. I thought she was too but she's just some Western girl.

But it's ok, here's a real one

>They also have a lot of languages, but again many are close to extinction. It's all quite sad
Europe should be giving asylum to THESE people, not economic refugees that are not even from Syria.

Appreciate the pics.

They're descendents of the Aryans.

retarded shitskin detected

>Finally, pre-proto-IEan genomes were sequenced and they were all without exception dark haired and dark eyed,and the light pigmentation in northern Europe is a recent post neolithic development. So cut the 'muh blond eyed untermensch aryan' meme shit or go back to pol.

The "neolithic era" refers to the migration and settlement of the Mediterranian race in Europe. The prescense of lighter skinned, blue eyed, etc Europeans comes from the Aryan migrations later. It didn't just randomly develop one day.

Also nobody on this planet has blue or green eyes without white blood in them.

All these people look either like Slavs or like bleached up Jews.

uhh... I was being autistic and tried to find every country where green eyes can be found. Are you telling me this person has white blood?

He probably does.

>I don't know the difference between phenotype and genotype.

Looks Argentinian

Nobody had white blood. All blood is red. Stop peddling your nonsense.

Not that guy but yes mutations have occured in isolated populations before. There was some tribe of Native Americans in the midwest that when they were first discovered had blue eyes

>backpeddaling this hard

What mountain range will carry the European equivalent of the Nuristanis when Africans overrun the continent, like Mongoloids did in Central Asia?

I'd guess the Carpathians.

The Aryan invasion isn't what you think

Probably, if you could give me any additional information i.e what tribe then we could figure out why he has it.

Soultreans senpai.

not an argument

Yes an argument, the proto Indo euros were darker than Sicilians in 3000 BC, they werent nordic looking

Alexander was described as having fair hair and skin. Faggot

I guess light skinned light haired people just magically appeared, and dark skinned Meds were the real PIEs, not the Neolithic settlers.

somehow you've made the argument that light skin/eyes/hair didn't appear in Europe until just about the time of the PIE migrations, while simultaneously claiming the PIEs were a bunch of swarthy meds

Sorry Luigi, doesn't add up.

>the proto Indo euros were darker than Sicilians in 3000 BC, they werent nordic looking

so can we extrapolate that early neolithic people (orange) were swarthy?

I haven't a clue which ethnic group he's from, but he's from Ghana as the filename says. What about this man from Thailand?

yes. the neolithic expansion was the settlement of farmers from the Middle East into Europe. They were what we'd call the Mediterranian race. Short, swarthy, long skulls, etcetc your typical Luigi or Christos.

idk bro maybe I should scale back what I said

but if its present in a population with some degree of normality then you can bet its roots are genetic rather than an individual mutation

>darker than Sicilians in 3000 BC
You can't be darker than pitch-black night itself senpai.

>from the Middle East into Europe

From Western Anatolia/The Aegean.

>swarthy

They brought the genes for light skin with them

>Myth of the light pigmented "Nordic looking" Proto Indo-Europeans debunked.
So as it turns out, prehistoric North Pontic Steppe populations buried in Kurgan mounds are overwhelmingly dark pigmented (by modern Eurocentric standards). The populations of this area and time period are the most favored among linguists today to have been the speakers of the Proto Indo-European language (this hypothesis is known as the Kurgan hypothesis). See data below for details.

>The table above represents frequencies found in ancient samples compared to modern Ukrainian ones. The dataset for the ancient sample is a combined pooling of both the Yamnaya culture and the succeeding Catacomb culture from the same area. Note the SNP rs12912832 [OCA2] in the HERC2 gene which predicts blue eyes is present in 65% of modern Ukrainians, but was only present in 16% of the ancient samples. Also note that the ancient samples have much lower frequencies in all three SNPs which predict light pigmentation including SNPs in the TYR gene which are associated with blondism.

SOURCE : Wilde et al., Direct evidence for positive selection of skin, hair, and eye pigmentation in Europeans during the last 5,000 y PNAS, Published online before print on March 10, 2014, DO:I10.1073/pnas.1316513111
Also I'm betting you're the Canadian retard from int, either way blue eyes were native to Europe with the European hunter gatherers, and light skin was brought by neolithic farmers, just shut up if you don't know what you're talking about.

>Another article released a year later basically revealed the same thing, although this study focused the pigmentation of many ancient European populations in comparison to modern ones including pre Neolithic Western Hunter Gatherers and early Neolithic Farmers in Europe. But the study did also include a sample set from the Yamnaya culture which is identified by most linguists as the speakers of the Proto Indo-European language on the eve of their great expansion. Only 11% of the Yamnaya in this sample from the Samar Oblast region carry alleles for light eyes, as they are noticeably darker pigmented in skin and eyes than contemporary Southern Europeans. See data below.

pnas.org/content/111/13/4832.full.pdf

>Also of note, another 2015 major aDNA study was released just several months later. Interestingly enough, it found the same extremely high prevalence for brown eyes in the people of the Yamnaya culture. These aDNA samples were taken from the Kalmykia & Rostov Oblast regions, which are roughly 1,000 kilometers Southwest of the other Yamnaya group sampled in the earlier Maithieson et al study above, which were taken from the Samara Oblast region. However, the study and new sample locations yielded the same results.
"For rs12913832, a major determinant of blue versus brown eyes in humans, our results indicate the presence of blue eyes already in Mesolithic hunter-gatherers as previously described. We find it at intermediate frequency in Bronze Age Europeans, but it is notably absent from the Pontic-Caspian steppe populations, suggesting a high prevalence of brown eyes in these individuals."

Pretty much puts the nail in the coffin for the old idea of the Proto Indo-Europeans being a highly blonde and blue eyed group or phenotypically indistinguishable from present day Northern Europeans. Well, at least for those that support the Kurgan/steppe hypothesis for PIE origins. Of course, there is still the competing Armenian Highland hypothesis and (the now dying) Anatolian hypothesis, but there's no suspicion of predominately light pigmented populations in those prehistoric areas.

biorxiv.org/content/biorxiv/early/2015/03/13/016477.full.pdf

They don't remind me of niggers, so I don't see where you're coming from here.

bleached

> the study determined that at least 60% of the individuals overall (out of the 26 Bronze and Iron Age human remains' samples of the study that could be tested) had light hair and blue or green eyes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-Europeans

Hmmm

He was Macedonian, not Greek. Also, only the elites were blond haired blue eyed.

>only the elites were blond haired blue eyed.
so they were a literal master race?

Complete bullshit. The fucking mutation that causes blondism in abos came to be completely independently.

>Some look very European
>Others not so much

lel, and guess what, there are Norwegians who have lived in Norway for as long as it's possible to search the records, and they have curly-brown hair and brown eyes.

The idea that a population doesn't have variation at all and still be the same ethnic group is a pol-tier meme.

can't have *

Sghsissv

Yeah I know that, I'm just saying that some people have pol-tier ideas of how some things should look

Even the A-rabs hate A-rabs, in case you didn't know.

I wish moot had tried harder to drive away /pol/ anons before he left
Jesus christ I cant believe how downhill that board has gone, I mean just look at this idiocy
>inb4 buzzword /b/ tier responses
You dont fucking belong on a board dedicated to knowledge. You came here illegally and you should be deported

I don't think most of them want to leave.

>rapebabies like uyghurs

greenland and the arctics

Welcome to Veeky Forums