Why was dog meat consumption seen as taboo in the history of the West ? I find dog meat is very delicious...

Why was dog meat consumption seen as taboo in the history of the West ? I find dog meat is very delicious, especially when you eat them with Hoisin sauce/

Because dogs were bred to be companion animals and have loyal and neotenous features.
Eating them in the west would be like eating a child.

I heard that in china there is a holiday where the traditional meal is made with dog meat, so poachers and dog kidnappers will go around stealing pets and strays to supply the demand. Is that true?

>eating a child
>implying they did not

Because we bred dogs to be hunters and companions. And dog meat is generally shit, I know they have a special breed but I never tried it

Chinks are confirmed sub-humans

We eat pigs though and they are very intelligent and cute just like dogs.

Literally muh feels

There is no reason you should feel bad about eating dog if you're not eating someone's pet

Pigs are bred to be eaten in the west.

That I suspect is a matter of what it takes to raise them. Pigs are omnivorous, and so are easier to raise enmass using agricultural waste products than dogs. In theory, raising dogs represents a more expensive and less efficient investment than raising pigs.

What happens then if you start raising dogs to be eaten?

Protip: It's not good.

They do exactly that in some parts of the world. Its literally muh feels, i nthe west we dont eat dogs because we humanise and like them too much

It would take a long time to breed canine behavior out of them. Centuries of selective breeding have made dogs great hunting companions, but they're not an especially good food source compared to the animals we've already domesticated for that purpose.

Because dogs are usually as hunting companions.

China also used them for that purpose for a long time you know, but when you're poverty-stricken, you'll eat everything.

It's the same thing here in Northern-Europe too, some of our "cultural cuisine" is probably pretty disgusting for foreigners, such as rotten whale meat, fish that is aged in lye, and eating the head of a sheep.

All of which are traditions that have come from poverty, because you have to eat anything when you don't have plenty.

Because dogs are human beings, and subhuman chinks don't understand what being human is

There were no dog breeds domesticated for eating.

Lewis and Clark's expedition ate hundreds of dogs.

Bark tree bread is probably the most peculiar one

White cucks will never know how tasty dog meat is

they ate that shit like snacks

The modern canine is a companion animal, and bred to love humans. Pigs are not, they have been bred to be an efficient food source. Their intelligence is not a designed thing but merely they way they are.
Eating a dog in the west is just dumb. Dogs aren't designed for eating, they have bad meat yields, the meat itself isn't particularly tasty, and fattening up a dog just produces a lot of shitty fat, unlike a pig or chicken where the meat yield increases siginificantly as does the fat, which also tastes good.

Dog meat is shit meat, only poor cultures eat dogs.

Dogs have always been more valuable to Europeans as partners than as food, and in addition to the emotional bond that presumably created the taboo they'd probably produce pretty lousy meat after either getting too old to work or dying of natural causes.

>Because dogs were bred to be companion animals and have loyal and neotenous features.

Fucking no. Maybe since 1800, but dogs before that were mostly mutts.

Also, Europeans ate dogs all the time before the 20th century.

In no way does "breeding them to be hunters" = not allowed to be eaten.

This is a fake picture.

They are also bred as pets.

Dogs in Asia are a special bred breed that has more meat.

You're literally retarded. Every dog breed, be they great danes or chihuahuas, was bred within the last 200 years.
You don't have to change genes drastically to change phenotype drastically.

>Dogs are human beings

You're completely wrong.

>The modern canine is a companion animal, and bred to love humans.

(Citation needed)

The "modern canine" is a result of the last 200 years. Before that almost all dogs were similar dingo-looking mutts.

Asians have bred dogs for generations to be meat producers. Hence why a certain breed of yellow dog is eaten in China.

Dogs are functional animals

So are pigs and horses.

>The "modern canine" is a result of the last 200 years. Before that almost all dogs were similar dingo-looking mutts.
M8 dogs have been man's loyal companion for nigh on 5000 years in the least

What do you mean by "modern canine"?

Because the dog in OP's picture, and the 1000's of breeds we have today that are "tame and loving", are a result of the last 200 years.

Dogs were like dingos before MODERN times.

Horses yes, pigs however are food.

However, I don't see anything wrong with eating horse and dog either, I find it in many ways respectful to the animals to use it in the best ways possible once it's time on earth has passed.

Dog meat is shitty though, and you don't get much from each dog. Literally no excise to eat it vs. other meats.

you just pulled that shit straight from your ass

>Dogs were like dingos before MODERN times.
Meanwhile in T'ang Dynasty China...

The Chinese differentiated between companion dogs (i.e. animals with pedigrees n shiet or trained to do a specific roel) and food dogs (i.e. wild dogs or breedless mongrels)

Koreans one upped them by creating a breed of dog for eating.

Anyway, its similar to fish really. You'd eat a Tuna or a mackerel but not your fucking Koi fish,

>we breed dogs as hunting companions
>hunting companions
>hunting
most of them are not able anymore to hunt their own food

>Cute
Confirmed for not living near pigs. They are terrifying. Farmers are scared of having heart attacks near the pig pen, because if they fall in the pigs WILL eat them. If their own kind die in the pen, they eat it. I once heard a story about an 8 year old girl who was playing by the pen, slipped and hit her head, and the pigs ate her. Not cute at all.

i think that farmers with heart condition either are equally afraid of having a heart attack with or without pigs around or deal with the fact that they could die at any moment

It's taboo in China now, too. Only Cantonese and Northeasterners continue to eat dog.

If you hear of a Chinese person defending dog consumption, they're either false flagging or are Cantonese.

This, had a hick grandaunt who fell into a pig pen as a kid, half her face was chewed off

predators are still lousy food and should be de-selected otherwise.

I wouldnt want to be eaten alive while having a heart attack

this. eating carnivores regularly is a sure way to get yourself a trichinosis and/or other nasty parasites.

>They are terrifying

Just shows how human they are.

Dogs are our subservient allies, while other domestic animals are our slaves

2edgy4u

>You're literally retarded. Every dog breed, be they great danes or chihuahuas, was bred within the last 200 years.
>The "modern canine" is a result of the last 200 years
>1000's of breeds we have today that are "tame and loving", are a result of the last 200 years.
"No" Bloodhonds are definitely over 400 years old, for example.
They're not even particularly old as a breed.

Anyone watched Hannibal (2001) ? there was a scene of Hannibal eating brain of a guy when he is still alive and conscious. Chinese have a similar dish called monkey's brain.

Yes, they bind the poor monkey to a chair, cut open its skull, and use a spoon to scoop the brain while the monkey is screaming in pain.

>Chinese have a similar dish called monkey's brain.
well that's what i call imaginative and creative name

well they are dangerous if you treat them like shit
I clean pig shit every day and feed them. Castrated ones who go over 125kg are pretty chill, you can pet them if you want, they don't care about anything, and younger ones are scared shitless
if you feed from when they are little piglets they will pretty much adore you when they grow up
kind of sad when we kill them

No, dogs have been domesticated and diverged into different breeds for a long, long time. You're confusing the fact that many modern breeds are relatively young with the some idea that modern breeds were historically the only one. There were different breeds used in medieval hunting, for example.

Idk what that dude is smoking ffs dogs like the Rottweiler go back to Roman times.

A lot of breeds yes are "new" but idk where he claims dogs used to be like dingos

Things that never happened the post

Because dogs are based and eating them is what barbarians do

Not eating them is what barbarians do, son.

>Yes, they bind the poor monkey to a chair, cut open its skull, and use a spoon to scoop the brain while the monkey is screaming in pain.

[citation needed]

I might believe they ate it as a dish served after the monkey was killed but this is retarded and impractical.

>Why was dog meat consumption seen as taboo in the history of the West ?
It wasn't, mostly.
Hungry people ate dogs all the time, and nobody gave them shit for it (as long as they didn't eat SOMEONE'S dog, in which case the owner might be pissed).
Nowadays people are overfed and they get pissy about what to eat, but it's a very modern phenom.

>alaunts were dingos

I read the book. Krendler was a cunt.

There's also a scene in a cookery movie from... a long time ago when I watched that showed the monkey's brain as a dish (no monkeys were harmed, the dish was tofu shaped to look like brain).

Unsure if it was real tho.

Anglos are pretty squirmy about that shit and so feel the need to judge other people.

>OMG YOU EAT HORSES? GROSS.
>OMG SNAILS
Bunch of pansies.