Options for a bank teller?

>tfw work as a teller at chase part time
>tfw i will never get promoted to a new position to make more than 11 per hour
>tfw no car because money
>tfw still living with parents because i can't move out because money

What the fuck can I do to fix this? It is beyond frustrating that I would need handouts to survive without my parents taking me in. I know I am worth more and I have learned quite a bit but i just cannot catch a break to prove myself. It feels like Chase does not even hire from within to fill banker positions.

I also think that if I have to deal with any more customers throwing fits and insults at me i am gonna come unglued. I do not get paid to put up with that shit.

>I also think that if I have to deal with any more customers throwing fits and insults at me i am gonna come unglued.

Rofl, stories nigs.

Nobody cares you worthless piece of shit

>I am worth more
kek

Consider killing yourself

Do you have any type of degree?

Oh, I have a lot. Most of it comes comes from our cash policies. We require ID (or a PIN number if you come inside the branch) for cash transactions like deposits and withdrawals and cash payments. I never realized how big of a deal it is to ask some people for their ids before this job. I mean, i guess they do not want me to check when someone tries to withdraw from their account? I get people who come to the drive through and TELL ME that they do not need to give me their ID. I mean, you are driving a car so you should have your license with you, right? Is it that big of a deal to show it to me so i can process your transaction?

We also do not take cash into other people's accounts. So if you wanna deposit 100 bucks to your brothers account but you do not have a chase account, we require a check or money order or cash advance from your debit/credit card from your bank. Or ya know, online payment is also a thing. One guy called me a "worthless fucking corporate stooge" for enforcing our cash policy and not taking his cash money into his son's checking account. Yes, a corporate stooge that gets paid nothing, haha it is kinda funny now.

OP, if you want more money, go get more. Start trading, if that's your think. Start making music. Draw. Learn something you want to learn and use it. You're still wagecucking, but keep in mind you're still on a rather solid level of wagecucking. $11 is pretty bad but most wagecucks make $8-9 an hour.

if that's your thing* kek

1 -> cucks and worked up idiots, fuck them they're not worth your nerves.

2. -> wow Chase is actually a bit retarded. No wonder it attracts such shitty customers.

Yes. I have a bachelor's in Japanese.

Worked in Japan as a teacher before but making a career there is rather difficult.

Are you open to doing minor translation jobs btw?
I might need someone to translate a few product descriptions for Japan in around a month. Leave me a semi-throwaway email.

>drive through

Loving every laugh

Please tell us more about your "worth"

>posted from my private office

>Bachelors in Japanese

Holy shit I'm in tears

You're a walking meme kiddo

sure, I could do that for you. I have some experience translating somewhat lewd things for /b/ and /h/ (please don't judge me, this is Veeky Forums) and I used to interpret for my Western friends all the time while living in Japan.

[email protected]

feel free to email me the details there if you need my help in the future.

Just pick up some business courses online, apply for some bank management jobs. Apply to be a head teller, or an ops manager. It's not that hard, just takes time to learn stuff.

I am NOT suggesting that you orchestrate an elaborate bank heist...

Rob the bank - take all the folding paper

this is actually what I was leaning towards. I want to start shadowing some of the bankers and learning as much as I can about the terms and conditions. Head teller is on my list but if I can skip that and go into relationship banker I will.

Move to UK

and I know I am bitching about the pay and what not but for what it is worth, Chase has been good to me (their benefits are great all things considered) so I don't wanna burn them and run away unless I got a very good offer somewhere else.

Their policies don't make sense sometimes but given what happened in the last few years with Madoff and the bailouts and the government watching Chase like a hawk, I do see why some policies might make zero sense to regular people. I wish the cash deposit policy was changed to like any amount under 1000 or something though. It would save a lot of headache for the tellers.

thats actually pretty hot japanese is complicated

teller headaches are not even a concern on any level of management.
They are eliminating your job as quickly as possible.

I a work in a bank too. I also work talking to costumers directly.
It's pretty much entry level job, but tellers here ear way more than us and they have no "sales goals" as long as they follow the policies.
Some older teller are even able to earn more than managers.

I'm aware of that. After the boomers are gone, online banks will be the way of the future. I am absolutely sure of that. Brick and mortar banks will be around for businesses and what not as long as cash is still a thing. And with the way things are going I don't know how long cash will be around either!

but aside from that yeah, I know what you are saying and I am trying to get out of it asap. Future Chase branches will have maybe 1 lead teller and 5 or 6 eATMs to for people to use. All of those eATMs used to be a real-life person 20 years ago....sad really but what can a guy do?

Advice from one teller to another

I'm a teller 2 at TD Bank making $15hr part time. The minimum at TD for teller 1 is $13hr, but I'm not here to promote the bank. From my experience Chase is all about innovation and tech. Where in live (South FL) Chase banks have eliminated teller positions for smart ATM's, causing a lot of lay offs. With that in mind they are looking towards more Customer Service Reps instead of tellers, and to hire they would rather look outside instead of within, like you said. From speaking to my managers and supervisors they all say the same thing, go from bank to bank to further your experience if your bank isn't giving you opportunities to move on up.

Lucky for me TD really focuses on employees and with a generous manager, he's allowing me to be cross trained as a CSR and being trainings for an assistant head teller position.

What would be recommended for myself is go through with the trainings and when its completed I apply for other banks as a full time CSR for higher pay. Or move to a different TD branch (my store is fully staffed).

So tl;dr, quit and find another bank/credit union/cash handling store to work out and build your experience. Jump from bank to bank.

My old assistant head teller took a position at TD but prior was a CSR at SunTrust. He hops around looking for opportunities with better pay, even if the position is sometimes considered lower on the managerial system.

Thanks man.

thank you for the advice, user. that is something i will look into for sure in the future. I'm giving it until the end of the year to see some changes roll my way or I will be looking for a new position with some of the other banks in town. There is no TD where I am at unfortunately but there are quite a few credit unions and smaller banks that might be interested.

suggested that I go back to school and learn more which is also something I wanna do. I don't want my Japanese skills to be useless so maybe I could get a Master's and some certification in the future and become a corporate banker or investment banker internationally. I don't expect to make it overnight, but I just need to set a goal for myself so I am not wallowing in pity and being a waste of space. I have lost my drive but maybe i can find it again.

I feel your pain man. I'm a teller for a local credit union and dealing with the poor, niggers, and just assholes and general have driven me to go finish my MIS degree. Fuck customer service man. I used to be liberal and open minded (and I still am in a lot of ways) but man poor people can be fucking assholes. I guess if I were broke all the time I might be too.

Smaller banks and CU are ideal for moving towards higher positions. They usually tend to hire and promote from within. Shadowing CSR's can only do so much until they sit you down and actually teach you the programming. And TD is only on the East coast and Canada for now.

Good luck OP, we're all gonna make it

Get a job in an Amazon fulfillment center. The pay is better than what you make now, and the BA will help you get noticed when applying for higher-tier positions over time. Eventually, you may even get to return to Japan for some sort of work excursion.

Oh shit, I can really relate to you.

I work part time as a ticket salesman for our state railway. It feels like a dead end job with people buying tickets on their phones and computers more and more.

Also, we have our fair share of lunatics who don't understand that they need to proof certain things in order to get discounts.

I make 28 per hour, but that's in Switzerland, it's an entry-level wage for jobs like mine, bank tellers etc.

Lol I worked at Chase. These are my 2 top observations.

dont do this OP, you'll consider sudoku in the first week working there

I hear Amazon is a pretty rough place to work.

bunch of pussyfarts up in this board lol
been a wagecuck at amazon for 3 months now
the pay aint bad for the easy shit you do and you get monthly bonuses just for showing up

Be happy you've got something at all

>tfw unemployed 7 months aside from a shitty pizza job with 10 hrs a week

Might start robbing people and shit

Didn't chase just announce they were raising their minimum wage for employees?

for tellers, yes. Depending on the area that you are in. San Francisco and New York will go up to 16.50 per hour. It has not been decided yet what my area's pay will go to so that is something to look forward to, maybe.

Honestly though, I hope to not be a teller by the time that that change rolls around.

literally haven't interacted with a teller in 5 years. why would anyone ever want to do that?

To ask for fee reimbursement

Go shop your resume to another bank, Chase sucks.

You're retarded. You think good things come quickly? Family member came from a music background and had to start learning English in their 30s. Started off as a bank teller and worked their ass off and is now branch manager and VP. You fix your situation by toughing it out. You're never going to be promoted with your attitude and complaints.

I also worked as a teller for a while. So many assholes who don't want to enter their pins or show ID to withdrawal money.

They act insulted when asking for ID, fucking hell do they want anyone taking cash out of their accounts?

Thank god I dont have to deal with that shit anymore.

Usually it is boomers who don't trust technology, think that they are above the rules and call me an asshole for checking their id.

"But I have my account number right here!!!"
"That"'s nice, I still need to see ID."

"You mean you won't take my cash into this other guy's account?"
""Yes, sir. It is part of Chase's anti money laundering policies."
"Are you serious!? That is fucking stupid. Just make an exceptionthis time."
"No, sorry. I cannot violate policy. There are several ways around the cash policy, like I said previously, but I cannot take the cash directly into Joe Blow's account."
"Fuck you, fuck this bank."
"Have a nice day sir."

And do not even get me started on filing CTRs when they come in with a massive cash deposit or withdrawal..oh man, you wanna see some feathers get ruffled? Tell someone that you have to file a CTR and need to ask some questions. Always a fun one.

No need for insults. I would be happy to just be able to support myself without assistance. Your family member obviously could.

Can't you sneak out some money, since you're literally handling thousands of dollars a day? Just a $100 bill here and there

yes, totally worth losing his job

OP do you have a budget? If not, why not? That's probably a big part of your problem right there.

OP....if you never had to worry about money, what would you do with your time?

In real life, that is the goal you should seek and it will be a fun trip getting to what you'd like to do.