/lite/ - Roguelite general

RISK OF ENTER THE CRYPT OF THE BINDING OF NUCLEAR GUNGEON AFTERREBIRTH WRATH OF THE SOUNDTRACK PREPARE TO ROGUE EDITION EDITION

Last thread: >What is this?
A place to discuss all rogue-lites and related games and topics. Examples: The Binding of Isaac, Nuclear Throne, Enter the Gungeon, Faster than Light, Spelunky, and Rogue Legacy.

>List of Some Rogue-lites (W.I.P)
pastebin.com/rwnYefeG

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/rogue-lite

>/ntg/ Pastebins
Character Ideas pastebin.com/JnGYReQj
Crown Ideas pastebin.com/TjhD5NAk
Soundmods pastebin.com/bAtMbDCV

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/297120/
youtube.com/watch?v=YUY9iF7lAGc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for food

you misspelled rouge OP

burp!

you spelled rogue right OP

good job

first for lewd fish

welcome back, shuckle

>not lewd Bullet

>implying there isn't a lewd bullet behind fish in that picture

why is the hunter's past so easy and the pilot's so difficult

>not lewd Poopulon

This is an example of what NOT to do

>we want the isaac audience

but bullet kin have no gender.

They are shaped like dildos. What gender do you think that make them?

wait shuckle comes here? i thought they only liked humans this is a surprise

>Gun Nut fires his sword wave
>dodge it, it hits the chandelier switch
>chandelier falls on a couple bullet kin
Off to a good start.

they're all easy. in pilot's make sure you are spamming the active item and also don't forget you can actually blank and barrel roll.

>implying a bullet needs a gender to penetrate someone

>Another Abbey attempt
>Lose the crest like a retard again
>Might as well see how far I can take this run, since I had the X-buster
>Pick up an AWP midway through
>Get all the way to the Forge and kill the Dragun while only losing a single piece of armor
Everything went better than expected.

i can only get off anymore by starting up a game of gungeon, picking hunter B, and getting repeatedly penetrated by the sexy bullets in chamber 1

>while only losing a single piece of armor
did you get lead god?

obviously not because he lost a piece of armor

I wish.

this any good /lite/? store.steampowered.com/app/297120/

What does the Convict even have going for her? She's not as good in chamber 1/2 as Hunter, she doesn't have a good passive like Marine, and she doesn't even have the Rogue's stupid RNG nonsense.

>Armed with a simple yet stylish revolver and six devastatingly plump bullets
>six devastatingly plump bullets
>devastatingly plump bullets
>plump bullets
ahegaobullet.png

>banking terminal
>save money for next run

notarougelite

Her starting gun is one of the best DPS-wise due to the fact that you can shoot faster by spamming. The sawed ok, mainly useful for checking secret walls and taking down lead maiden. Her passive is a good damage boost.

>she doesn't even have the Rogue's stupid RNG nonsense.
>the Rogue
Pilot is the best character.

>bandicam filename
M I S T A K E

In all seriousness, Fish is the best character for 3 reasons: Ammo, Guitar, and ROLL.

That's another thing: Secret Rooms in this game fucking suck. Random as fuck with zero way to intentionally find them except autistically shooting every inch of every wall.

>nuclear throne has 13 characters that can't roll
>etg has 0

etg bestgame

>Secret Rooms in this game fucking suck.
This is a meme.

> Random as fuck with zero way to intentionally find them except autistically shooting every inch of every wall.
Nope.avi

>implying you're not just having a giggle

Okay pal :^)

Secret rooms most frequently spawn at dead ends. I have the best luck finding them in chest rooms, shops, and elevator exits. They won't always be here, but it's worth checking these rooms. If you have 2 or less blanks after the boss it is objectively worth while to take a quick look. Check the non-shop rooms first, and if you don't find anything use a blank in the shop without shooting to check. You'll find some crappy secret rooms, but the good ones are so good that it is more than worthwhile.

99% of the time secret rooms are near chest rooms, the shop, lantern rooms, or elevator rooms at the end of the floor. They have items in them pretty frequently, too.

Is there a second secret room in chamber 1, or is the one in Keep always the room which leads to Secret Level 1?

everytime you find a chest room shoot the walls

80% of the time you will find a secret room

>begin to get sleepy
>start fucking up, not flawlessing any bosses
shit, time for sleeps

Secret level 1 isn't really a "secret room" in that sense. It's possible that there will be another room. That said, there isn't always a secret room on a floor, but there usually is at least one.

Hey ETG players, which passives do you HATE to get? For me it's Scattershot (yay, your guns suck for killing the priority target in each room) and any passive which requires you to get hit for it to activate, excluding maybe Nanomachines.

>scattershot is bad meme

>Scattershot
>Bad
Going along with the theme of this, I guess I will say that I hate Cog of Battle.

Always wary of picking up bouncy bullets too early because it effectively makes most explosive projectiles absolutely useless.

I didn't say things which are bad, I said things which you hate to get.

Scattershot more than makes up for its bad room clears for boss dps, which is more important. I just hate that all my guns now take forever to clear a room as a trade-off.

I just took a quick look through the passives. Here are the ones I don't like and why:

>Heart synthesizer
I don't get hit often enough for this to be useful.
>Mustache
Rare that I need any extra healing
>Table Tech Money
This is the only table tech that doesn't seem to be very good.

Hey /lite/, new to Roguelites here, been playing EtG with my friend.

A few questions:
1.Is kb/m or controller the optimal control scheme?
2.Does every chamber have a secret floor access like the fireplace rooms in chamber 1?

>1.Is kb/m or controller the optimal control scheme?
Personal preference really. I strongly prefer controller but some people swear by kb+m.

>2.Does every chamber have a secret floor access like the fireplace rooms in chamber 1?
No, currently there are three secret floors.

Perfect! just what I needed.

>3 casings

Fvck.
It's not gonna be easy to kill past with that dead weight.

Finding the Ring of Miserly Protection too early.

what are those doodads next to kills and deaths?

FHÖ'FAASHYN Ä "NINE"

It's co-op-related stuff. The faces are the characters, where the numbers to their right belongs to them. As it can be seen, the Convict's a shitter compared to the Cultist, given how her kills are lower and deaths are higher than the Cultist.

FHÖ'FAASHYN Ä 3

Can you please stop until you actually figure out how to get digits?

Thanks /lite/ anons that conviced me to go ahead and pick this up. For anyone else on the fence, it's totally worth the 1.49. I didn't realize it until now but Gungeon's gunboots are a reference to Downwell.

TH'I
FHÖ'FAASHYN, FHÖ'FAASH

>crypt of the the binding
It almost was good.

The shopkeeper was selling his at 83, and Cursula was selling hers at 41.

Typical cursed run shop.

20k years in mspaint

That's the whole deal with Cursula. Her prices are lower but she curses you.

good nite, /lite/

good night sweet prince

You've inspired me to try some cursed runs. Have you fought a cursed old king yet?

I'd have at least 3 crowns by now...
IF I KNEW HOW TO FUCKING ACTIVATE THIS SHIT!

just shoot it some more

>tries the cursed run as pilot
>extra money + disarming personality
>how can I fail?
>first chest
>ring of miserly protection

get enemies to drop rads near it

Sadly, havent played ETG yet. Looks fucking cool though.

Enemies drop rads, which turns the center green. After that, shoot it until it spawns the green portal. Not too hard bud.jpg

It's good, challenging though.

It feels kinda cheap to get it this way, honestly.

I stick with kb/m because I grew up with it, so I guess I'm with that crowd. Games like NukeThrone feel better to me with kb/m because of how my hands react when I think of an action to perform

I'm sorta happy I got it without clone, but hey it's just as legit.

I have no fucking clue how to play this game

What game would that be?

CORAL RIFF

I have enough steam shekels to get one of Gungeon/Throne. What do /lite/?

>fighting Gatling Gull
>run ends because he suddenly jumps and lands on me in the space of 1/10th of a second

What the fuck was that bullshit?

This run really had great RNG.
>Clone
>Hexagun, Sniper Rifle, and Crossbow with Muscle Relaxant
>Angry Bullets
>Elder Blank and Potion of Leadskin, nullifying any potentially dangerous situation completely
Even finished up the fourth elevator and started on the fifth. Shame the door to the old crest was locked both times, though.

gungeon

buy throne when update 99 comes out and the thread becomes /ntg/ again

They're pretty different games. If nothing else, Gungeon doesn't really crash much (if at all) and the devs are active. Sadly, I can't say that about NT any longer.

im feeling the good times

I'd go with Gungeon now. If update 99 ever comes out buy NT then, maybe they'll have a sale for once.

>was able to perfect all the way up to the chamber 3 boss
>two days later I can't even perfect any of the chamber 1 bosses
>even after restarting dozens of times, I am incapable of getting the chamber 1 master round any more.

What the fuck happened?

Did you take a 2 day break from the game? It can take no time at all to lose all the skill you have gained at a single game.

>The Bloat if you enter the boss room from the bottom
It wasn't until I played other Roguelites that I realized how awful and artificial Binding of Isaac is.

This happened to me when I was still learning. I was doing well then suddenly turned to shit for days. I struggled for a while then suddenly came back better than ever as if I had overcome a plateau of ability.

What a pillow fight.

Think this run is good enough to beat the old king? I have 4 hearts and 3 armor along with the items shown.

Poor blobulord :3

that's how I feel every time I find that gun

The real question is are YOU good enough to beat the old king. All of your guns are fine against him except for the dino skull. Make sure you clear the 2nd chamber first and look for the secret room since you have brick of cash. Like all other floors the abbey has two chests and a shop so you should have a little more before fighting the boss.

youtube.com/watch?v=YUY9iF7lAGc

I've already beaten them before, so I would say yes. I consider the old king a challenge, but I've beaten them with only taking maybe 3 hits before.