ITT: Day Trading

Anyone here day trade?

Post some proofs. How much do you earn? How long have you been doing it? Full time or part?

What broker? Any interesting stories?

Other urls found in this thread:

aqr.com/~/media/files/papers/ii-back-in-the-hunt.pdf
papers.ssrn.com/sol3/Papers.cfm?abstract_id=962461
coinmarketcap.com/
poloniex.com/exchange#btc_etc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I am a trader at a HF. 10+yrs experience in various banks (moved on from execution to prop desk) and I'm sorry to break it down to you, but all you guys are cringeworhty.

It's like flashing a frequent flyer card while pretending you're a pilot.

Just fucking stop. If you're that good, trade your strategy and have it audited by a big4 company. Collect institutional investors money and carry on. You should be a billionarire whitin less than 5 years.

Ah, those were the days.
Commissions were higher, but there weren't as many jagoffs around.
I used to talk up the pennys with the most creative accounting, that worked wonders.

I'm starting out now as a penny stock day trader, following the advice of the likes of Tim Sykes (inb4 scammer), so even if I became amazing. The sheer float of many of the tickers I'm talking about don't allow for the likes of institutional investors.

Also if a person was "that good" he would just exponentially increase his own money without the need of taking other people's.

He IS a fucking scammer you imbecile.

I certainly you're not paying for his 'services'.

>I'm starting out now
>as a penny stock day trader

Why don't you stop right there fucktard. I work at JPM (not saying which branch) and I'd really appreciate it if you would take a long, hard look in the mirror and realize that the janitorial staff that cleans my department at night can trade better than you. You haven't even started trading anything and you're already failing by listening to some fucking shmuck online that is charging you money for fucking stock tips. I can almost guarantee that your day-trading profits will never approach half of what my end-of-year bonus is.

In other words, you're lower than pond scum.

>Posts all his trades
>Makes trading videos every day
>Has made people hundreds of thousands or millions that I have talked to
>Has helped me make money

So he over-advertises, clearly makes more money off teaching, owns a sketchy looking website and over-prices his DVDs, but you're telling me this makes him a scammer?

Yeah no, being a money grubbing asshole doesn't make him a scammer if his method actually works.

someones a lil cranky today

I'm literally 18 man, first year university. Calm down.

>working for a firm
>not being free and trade yourself

Seen the big short?

>Calm down
It's probably because you're describing yourself as a penny stock day trader, as if that's your job.
As opposed to, "I'm in school, fucking around with the market in my spare time".
People who put in hours learning about the markets as part of their job don't appreciate being compared to a casual participant.
This makes sense, yes?

I did. Made about 3 to 5% a day most days, but then I took a massive loss buying MGT at its peak and not putting a stop loss. Quit day trading then.

This guy is like

The quintessential, platonic form of the douchebag.

Everything, from his shitty posture, to his stupid, lopsided facial expression that makes him look like he's trying to be alpha but fails miserably because he's an ugly autistic fuck, from his faggy haircut, from his shitty click bait website that offers virtually no advice but him bragging about how rich he is every sentence, to his shitty Instagram feed where he posts his shitty rented cars, to his self-professed career as a 'penny stock trader', to his general narcissistic demeanour despite being an average trader at best, EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS GUY just screams 'I'm an insufferable douchebag.'

I genuinely didn't believe it was possible to be this much of an asshat until I became aware of Tim Sykes.

Don't be so foolish as to put actual money in this kind of trades. You are 18, and we don't blame u for your overconfidence. But u should read up more concepts such as liquidity, spreads etc. Penny stocks? First of all, volatile as hell (if has activity), and if no activity, u can trade at all, and since its penny stock, your spreads will be very high duh.

And do u know that behind the markets, are many many high performance computers that trade all the stuff using algos? Those who spent 7-10 years studying PhD astrophysics are the ones who developed them so that they could profit from trades while u lose yours, transferring your wealth to them. Go figure.

You are young, but it is wiser to equip yourself with knowledge first before jumping into the bandwagon. Have u also read up stuff on econs? Do u even read up WSJ etc? If u do, u should really know that the econs is doing really bad now.. even stocks will be having very bad returns.

>u

Don't do this

my best friend has bought into tim sykes COMPLETELY, and it drives me nuts.

I'm not a trader but me and him always discussed going into the stock market. I got into online marketing and have been doing that for years, so I know all about the sales pitch and products of people like this guy.

my buddy discovered him when googling about stock how-tos and instantly bought into it. he literally gets mad if you say anything not positive about it.

when he first started talking about it I asked him does the guy show proof of his income claims? nope. If hes making millions in stock market why is he investing so much time to create this product when he could better spend his time making more millions? "cause he wants to help others"

You do understand that literally thousands of people make a virtual product just to sell to the masses , and he matches their methods completely, right? *gets angry*

hes bought into the website and just bought a 200 dollar DVD from the guy. "it was SO worth it"

he got like 1500 - 3k to invest and has only done a few trades so far. if you mentiona nythign about stock he starts rambling with all the buzz words he learned, but when you actually pay attention you can tell he is just regurgitating what hes heard from sykes, he always thinks "MAN i made the right call -again- i need to invest next time" when he watches things but doesnt join in

he also doesnt think for himself at all, he follows along tim sykes in some member chat and trades behind him, while at the same time acting like he knows what hes doing. Openly admits "i wouldn't want to do that anyway" when asked if hes trying to do it on his own without following.

I think hes done 5 trades so far, 3 losses and 2 wins, currently down from original bankroll

When he gets a good call he immediately forgets his previous fails and "knows" this is how hes going to get rich

He doesnt seem to understand theres a 50/50 chance of being right on every trade.

Facepalm.jpg

Your best friend is an idiot

Also:

>theres a 50/50 chance of being right on every trade.

If you actually believe this, you're an idiot as well

>autism
Makes sense, user

I am a short-term (day/swing) trader that focuses on high volatility stocks and leveraged ETF's and ETN's as well as options

I was formerly employed at a boutique investment firm as an analyst and then portfolio manager. I left two some odd months ago and now trade entirely for myself.

I will stick around this thread and answer any questions. I am Series 7 and Series 66 licensed. Feel free to ask about options, volatility and philosophy of trading/speculating.

Trading is an art, risk management (bankroll maintenance) is a science that requires discipline.

Fire Away!

Do you use momentum models? Discretionary or systematic? Macro, technical or quantitative? Do you trade currencies? What do you think about trend following approaches?

I have several trading systems that I use, and when I say system I mean I use proprietary technical indicators (with varying degrees of lag, which is a property of linear filters) that help contextualize my thought processes.

My entries are discretionary, my exists are systematic.

I use a combination of macro/tech/quantitative.

I DO NOT trade currencies, I don't have any edge in that market.

I think trend following WORKS. I know of not one TRADING (not investing) professional that believes in a totally efficient market. Don't you find it ironic how a company's fundamentals change magically when it touches a 200day moving average at times?

I'll be here a while, feel free to get more esoteric.

if his method actually worked consistently, he would be executing it instead of selling DVDs you fucking retard.

What's the cheapest, HQ brooker for a starting poor day trader?

Thank you.
So, let's say i'm a somewhat succesful swing currency trader operating from retail basis. Let's say my strategy is a little volatile (13% win rate, losses galore and few monster runs) but yields outsized returns regularly. Somewhere in the range of 20-30% per month returns, think i might keep doing this for a while before i get capped on leverage. I have backtested my strategy AFTER i was certain it worked on forward testing and apparently it was consistent for the whole tested sample

Do you think i could get hired on the spot as a prop trader with such a track record? Or would i get laughed out of the door?
What kind of monthly percentage returns are you getting? What is your average yearly drawdown to return ratio? Any people you know of in the industry that have been making big $$$$ in currencies?
Oh and i'm also trying to learn part time how daytrading indices works. Current models i'm using on currencies are absolute shit on equities. How long did it take you to git gud? How much you've been given to manage first time you got in? How did you get the job?

Thank you!

What amount of trading capital are we talking? You get what you pay for. I personally use ThinkorSwim by TD Ameritrade but my trading account is 6 figures.

There are discount brokers (online) that are varying. It depends on your objectives. What instruments are you trading? If you don't have these questions answered - find a rabbi who can mentor you and don't open the account without having a plan

Is Tim Sykes a joke?

Prop Traders trade their own capital (with leverage from their prop firm depending on the firm) and as a result are on the hook for their own losses. I don't know of any prop firms that will look at a retail trader with such a high degree of variance in their returns and be excited. The goal is to make nuts and bolts everyday and scale with your strategy - maintaining a high sharpe ratio. Lots of variance is indicative of a poorly executed strategy and bad risk management. You may not get laughed out the door if you can present an audited track record showing you know how to run a business. (Trading is a business, money is our toolbox and we must keep ledgers of inventory to be successful...without a trading journal you won't make any improvements.)

My average annual rate of return on my capital this year has been ~24%. my drawdowns are hard stopped at a percentage of my trade risk, which is determined based on the volatility of my given instrument. I know a lot of people making big $$$ in everything. The key is they stay in their lane. Don't stray from your area of knowledge.

Currencies and Equities DON'T TRADE THE SAME WAY. I should say, all technical and quantitative traders I know can explain the entire basis of fundamentals better than fundamentalists can, and the inverse is not true.

To be successful as a tech/quant trader - you must contextualize against the fundamental backdrop.

What drives currency movements and what drives equities movements are totally different.

I managed a small portfolio of 25MM. I dropped out of high school and learned to program computers and became obsessed with applying data analysis to stock markets. I was then poached by the above firm and moved my way up from analyst.

I don't think he is a joke, I think he makes more money marketing and teaching his methods to students.

It isn't that his methods don't work. He is looking for runners with catalysts that can realize profits quickly, while setting his risk limits low. If you are right 1/2 of the time, but make 9/10 when you are right and lose 2/10 when you are wrong you are netting 1/2 * 7/10. Thats net profit. The crux of that type of strategy (all strategies) is to cut your losses incredibly quickly, and take profits when they are given. All forms of trading require emotional discipline. Trading is easy, managing your money when you see it going up and down is the hard part.

This i

>technical indicators
Aaaaaad into the trash you go.

>I don't know of any prop firms that will look at a retail trader with such a high degree of variance in their returns and be excited

Eh i was expecting that. But since i've enough capital now, i guess i will transition to equities asap and build a decent strat with lower vol. Agreed on the rest of your post, thank you senpai

Are you a fundamental 'investor'? How is that working for you? Share a little bit about your trading techniques!

No, why would you change something that is working for you? If that is legitimately profitable for you, refine your current strategy. Don't abandon a money making system to try to build a better one!

>This i

Candlecuck?

Memes aside, what's wrong with Fundamental/Technical? What the fuck else are you supposed to use, your intuition?

I am going to assume you mean candlesticks, this whole Veeky Forums fake japanese living in parents basement lingo throws me off. the "senpais" and "desu" means nothing to me other than to signal inclusion in a special social club that never meets and only discusses suicide methods.

That said, candlesticks are a way to visually represent the High, Low, Open and Close.

Those are what matter, not candlestick patterns
I don't give a fuck what the stock looks like, I care what the stock has been DOING, this is a mental game with visual aids, not a visual game

A great way to describe it is thus:

Fundamentals tell you WHY, technicals tell you WHEN.

Anyone who bashes wholly one or the other - is NOT making money in the market actively, passively invested with mutual funds, etfs, or some singular equities maybe, but they are not actively trading successfully. No profitable trader is bitter and spiteful - the aggregate market does that enough anyway.

It's a reference to the Candlejack meme you twit.

Don't pretend you're better than this shithole if you spend your time browsing it. You're still one of us.

I don't know the Candlejack meme, and won't be googling it. I don't like filling my head with useless garbage. I spend my time browsing this website to add value in the form of exchange...

that saying goes "Never trade in a vacuum."

In a lot of ways, Veeky Forums is a wonderful contra indicator. For instance, anytime I see a $XXX ticker symbol in a thread subject line I immediately know I will NOT be trading that stock.

My system takes no longer than 30 minutes a day to execute and manage. I'll keep using it obviously and work on something with a lower vol on equities to fill a decent track record to show in prop.

I was actually gathering some ideas on how to do it. As much as i abhor low vol

>I don't like filling my head with useless garbage
>browses Veeky Forums

Now I know not to take you seriously.

When you cap your risk, you cap your gain - financial thermodynamics.

What a prop shop wants to see is consistency, low variance and scalability. Try looking into equities mean reversion pair trading.

>technicals tell you WHEN
Aaaaaaand out of the trash, into the toilet, and flushed. You cannot time the market in a reliable or profitable way over any statistically significant number of trades.

Like most 'trading' threads, this is a tucking dumpster fire. Just invest in appreciating assets, and do it when you have investable funds. Indexes, real estate, private equity. Anything but what's being recommended in this abortion of a thread.

Yeah, because you know posting in a thread on Veeky Forums regarding day trading signals to you that I browse all of Veeky Forums.

If you are a trader...I am willing to bet you are unsuccessful. Probably because of your resolute confidence in your ability to "see the whole picture" when in fact - you are operating with incomplete knowledge.

you know he owns the site right? he can easily post only his winning trades and small loses. or just make up any trade he wants and add the little "verified" check next to it

This is just patently false. You can time the market in a reliable and profitable way over any number of traders.

This is not like most trading threads, because I actually make money. I do agree though - that without having experience on Wall St. You would do well to invest in appreciating assets, using dollar cost averaging, in low cost index funds or passively managed REITS.

Do NOT go out open an brokerage account and start trading just because you read a thread about it on Veeky Forums.

If you aren't a professional with training and experience, you are going to cause yourself pain.

I'm not a trader, but when I do decide to start, I'll take your advice into account user.

Cliff Asness - co founder of AQR (applied quantitative research) capital management. Studied under Eugene Fama (father of efficient market hypothesis) and believes market timing is not only possible...but has built a multi billion dollar business out of it. Momentum (market timing) and value (fundamentals)

James Simmons of Renaissance Technologies, was a code breaker for the NSA and built the most profitable hedge fund. They don't hire economists or financiers, just mathematicians, physicists and hard science types. They are looking for signals and patterns that are exploitable and repeatable.

Like you know, you said isn't possible...I mean...the evidence is stacked against you. There are COUNTLESS firms and individuals who are timing the market successfully. You have a stunted understanding of probability - because you are approaching it too philosophically. OR you tried trading and lost your shirt and remain bitter. I've seen kids like you all the time.

I am thinking you are not being facetious in which case - this is the attitude that will make you a successful trader!

Knowing you don't have the full scope, and not operating with an arrogrant premonition that you do is step one to NOT losing money.

I have shared two sayings but will share many more as trading can be ethereal and heuristics are helpful. "Strong opinions, weakly held"

aqr.com/~/media/files/papers/ii-back-in-the-hunt.pdf

papers.ssrn.com/sol3/Papers.cfm?abstract_id=962461

I have a lot more if you are interested, please don't fall for Wall St lies - If they convince you you cannot time the market then they sell you the idea that you must remain constantly invested. This makes you the perfect pawn bagholder. Wall St sells hope, their job is to keep you pumping money in to keep them getting management fees. So when you fall for the Efficient Market Hypothesis you are effectively saying to them "Take my money I am an idiot"

Thing is, most people are idiots and would do well to do exactly this.

I am sorry I mistook you for something other than an idiot.

>because I actually make money
And we're just supposed to believe your lies? Including those that run contrary to ask published academic research on markets?

I have a better idea .... Fuck off and go roleplay elsewhere, faggot.

Go learn how statistics work, loser. Pointing to isolated exceptions proves my case not yours.

Well I guess there is no discussing this with you. Thanks for your input, it has been valuable.

I show you evidence that you are wrong - that market timing can be done, repeatably and effectively. It SHOULD arbitrage itself out as people get wise to the strategy - but it doesn't because there are muppets like you to continue holding the bag..the more things change the more they stay the same.

Go learn how statistics work - So because John Bogle has been an exception to passive index investing and has made it big, that proves my point that passive indexing is impossible as an investment strategy. Seriously what kind of logic is this? You take evidence that you are wrong and somehow contort it to believe you are correct? Fascinating.

Keep arguing.

This is incredibly entertaining.

Autism can only be fought with autism, so I'll put my aspergers hat on just for you. You realize this is a Veeky Forums image board, correct? The degree of pseudo-professionalism you are imposing is out of line and simply annoying. Instead of casting yourself as the experienced professional you clearly see yourself as, instead you come across much more like a pouty child, bullying a younger kid because he can't run as fast as you or swim as far from shore. So do us all a favor and shut the fuck up and if you want to stoke your own ego then find someone else who thinks you're as important as you do because you certainly won't find that here.

How mad are you that im 6 figures up thanks to Bitcoin and some pump and dump alts?

How mad are you that im going to potentially double to quadruple those 6 figures in the up and comming ETC pump?

How mad are you that im just some neet about to become a millionaire and I only went to high school?

It's 2016. Time to join the crypto masterrace my friend.

What?

I think I mentioned I dropped out of high school - then spent my time learning this craft, studying and shit eventually went to college etc.

anyway here is a non time stamped pic of my YTD P/L without any incriminating info.

Don't assume I'm a retard just because I'm 18, I know exactly the kind of market I'm dealing with. This is not my first time being interested in the markets, 3 years ago I read up on day trading because I got really interested but dropped it when I realized how hard and how much time it took. Then in my senior year I got interested in investing, I stumbled onto Tim Sykes in that time and got re-interested in day trading.

>Do u even read up WSJ etc?
This is the kind of shit that puts off people from day trading, you just assume you have to use every single indicator, media and software available or you're basically a newfag. I don't need to read the WSJ or IBD, ect. I've managed to make money without touching that.

Basically what I wrote here Being a giant douchebag who makes more off teaching and creating different websites doesn't mean he doesn't know how to trade. I don't care how insufferable his kike ass is, I've personally managed to make money off his methods and learn quite a lot.
Also his ratio is 70/30 not 50/50 to be fair.

Has your dumb ass at all considered that he can make more money off doing many side projects then from just day trading? Have you also considered that he may actually like it, since it fits his giant ego? (which to be fair he is deserving of)

>Just invest in appreciating assets, and do it when you have investable funds. Indexes, real estate, private equity. Anything but what's being recommended in this abortion of a thread.

Because day traders cannot make massive amounts of money. Retard.

I think a lot of non opened minded people in this thread have lost money trying to be a "trader" without making it a business venture. Everyone wants to be a "trader" but doesn't want to put in the work required.

"Errybody wanna be a body builder but don't nobody wanna lift no big ass weights"

It's great though, because the muppets throw in some scratch from their IRA's or 401K's and have NO CLUE what they are doing just that "they are a trader now!"

They lose and then like clockwork they become long term buy and hold disciples, probably while still holding some junk stock they thought would make them a millionaire.

Why don't you put those 100k in ETC? we going moon soon and you can then convert to BTC and stop being an embarrasing nocoiner.

You have my interest user...go on

You must not have read what I have already written. I stick to market that are regulated on exchanges that I am fair market participant in.

What happens if an exchange runs off with all of your coins? What recompense do you have?

I stick to what I know, but would love to learn more about your vocation!

Ethereum just split his blockchain in 2.
There are big agendas with deep Bitcoin pockets with interest to pump ETC to fuck Vitalik Buterin and also as a moral lesson that would show why hard forking (splitting a chain in 2) is a bad idea, specially over a bailout (Vitalik Buterin did a bailout to recover ETH that went bust during a faulty smart contract).

It's a long story unless you are in the crypto space. Anyways, the point is, there is an opportunity to get in Ethereum at febraury prices. I personally hope ETC overtakes ETH. Both because I obviously want more BTC, but because what Vitalik did was against what crypto it's all about.

I don't expect much to happen during this weekend, we'll see next week. Im getting ready and buying under 250k sats.

Take into account that deep ETH pockets are against ETC and will fight against deep BTC pockets. So this is a 50/50 gamble, where you either go bust or you make a good killing. Im going to risk a couple BTCs and hope for the best.

coinmarketcap.com/

Let's roll.

Exchanges like Poloniex are solid. In any case, in crypto you should never hold the coins for long term in an exchange, you have to own them yourself in your wallet. Just have the coins in the exchange when you are planning to buy.
It's not like any altcoin is worth holding for long term, and having your coins for a couple weeks over there while you wait for the pump to sell is a reasonable risk.
Crypto is the wild wild west and I love it.

>I think a lot of non opened minded people in this thread have lost money trying to be a "trader"
Oh man, they're everywhere.
Then they hang out here, getting into screaming matches about EMH, whether or not day trading can be profitable, how great Robin Hood is, etc.

I mean, shit, numbers speak for themselves.

A fool believes the tallest mountain in the world is the tallest one he has seen.

Robin Hood is....unethical I think. Masquerading as something that it really isn't.

proof?

You have me decently interested, I'll check this out. I've seen a lot of talk about crypto-currency here but never got the chance to read it since I didn't take it seriously.

>Masquerading
I give them props, though. What an incredible con. They proved you can squeeze money out of people without the pot or the window.

you are arguing with our resident indexing autist: ispaz. without putting his trip on. you will become very familiar with his style of posting as browse this board more.

Where do I even get started with this shit? Do you have any specific reads?

Do you trade any specific markets?

Also I'm not able to tell by the picture you took, but does it capture all your trades, as to say you made 104k from only 2 dozen trades or am I not seeing a scroll-bar?

i went to the first page of my P/L and looked at the YTD I am sure some trades are missing. I trade anything on a regulated exchange.

I will stick around and browse biz more since I am gainfully underemployed and just trading.

Did he get destroyed on some trades or something? Why would he be such an index lover otherwise?

Do you mind me asking how much you trade with and how often? Do you have any money in appreciating assets or investments?

I trade with about 100k and have had a good return on my trading account this year. leverage is helpful.

I have about 500k in passive long term investments. Two condos, passive indexing dividend paying investments.

I probably won't take a draw of more than 24k this year on my trading.

I have low overhead, I drive a 2011 car (4dr sedan) and have a couple motorcycles. I am more focused on traveling and experiencing things while I am young (I am 25 years old)
I don't trade everyday, just everyday there is a trade.

I am not a lavish spender - but think nothing of dropping $250 on a meal for my mother and I like to have quality clothing, but I only shop at TJ Maxx..

all commodities and consumables I try to get for cheap, I will NOT skimp expenses on meals, experiences, memories, etc.

people actually believe this guy

Your story is awfully inspiring for someone 7 years younger. How did you get into this business?

because he's made "millions" by index investing. and NO ONE can possibly beat the markets. because they are PERFECTLY EFFICIENT. you merely have RECENCY, SURVIVORSHIP, and RANDOM WALK to thank for your results.

do not question the bogle. bogle is life. bogle is love. bogle is god. bogle is religion.

the most amusing thing about him is that even with his reputed millions, he posts on Veeky Forums day and night. every trading thread, you will see the same tired responses. just wait and see.

here is a picture of AMD's fundamentals reacting perfectly like an efficient market should off the 200day moving average.

Praise on high Markets are so efficient they don't even form bubbles or troughs...

that guy hasn't made millions indexing. I promise. I posted some proof - so I have skin in the game.

I posted a bit earlier.

I dropped out of high school with the intention to join the USMC. they had recently changed the rule so they wouldn't take me because I was a HS dropout.

I attended the local community college while working as a janitor and dishwasher. I eventually moved my way up through the restaurant and became a manager of the place. but not for long - because I put salt in some assholes Parmesan shaker when he wouldn't stop harassing a waitress whom was a high school girl.

This whole time, I am an avid reader. I can compile a list of books and a brief description if you would be interested. I read at least a book a week. purposefully. I don't sleep very much and make it a point to read for an hour before I go to sleep and after I wake up.

This entire time I honed my market skills and ended up meeting the CEO of an investment firm while I was enjoying a cigar in a local shop. He became friends and he offered me an analyst position and sponsored me for my licenses.

Bogle made millions SELLING people on buy and hold forever.

Of course, if buy and hold forever didn't work the problems we face would be much bigger (societal breakdown)

He packaged and sold hope, and its done really well for a lot of people. except the retirees that got CREAMED from being straight indexed in 08-09. They lost 50% of their principle and had to take required minimum distributions and income to live off of.
They never made it back.

Managing actual portfolios and trading IS NOT the same as positing about some penny stock trades.

It is a serious god-damn business. Taxes, retirements, distributions. its not so simple.

When I get home from "work" (designated trading times) I make it point to continue working and developing my knowledge.

The FASTEST edge you can develop in the market is a willingness to work when other people who are better capitalized, from richer families, with better educations and means are not willing to work. Success is going from the camp of the haters to the camp of the hated...lotta successful pit traders just street smart brooklyn kids.

Also, I sought MENTORS.

One was a NYSE floor trader whom had retired as the head of trading for merrill lynch at the end of his career. He left after the dot com bubble.

Another was a big time NY jew. He built a successful telecom business.

The third is the smartest and most eccentric. He was a derivatives trader for credit agricole and a market maker in the CBOE.

he drives a 1995 ford ranger that he bought for 5,000 bucks.

These guys were all over 70 and I was 21. Every Tuesday and Thursday at 8am I would meet them at a local coffee shop to shoot the shit, solve the worlds problems and talk about business. "Ya gotta have a rabbi"

yeah i don't pay any attention to index memers. i know i'm trading and making money. it's simply not worth it to argue with them. happy with my progress so far. you can literally see in my monthly statements where i became a better trader. half the position size but 5 to 10 times more profitable per trade. and far less trades per month.

really happy for you. i'm from a dirt poor family. it's given me something the middle class will never have: burning ambition. the kind that makes me wake up at 2am to trade euro markets. then get up for US markets. and then go to my full time job and then get home and trade asian markets. and then on the weekends analyze missed or bad trades on the weekend. which is what i'll be doing soon as i eat some food.

Same here, we weren't dirt poor by any means; but this is a chess game that I cannot stand to be sub-par at.

I think you'll agree all truly profitable traders relish success for their fellow traders.

I noticed my improvement when I stopped focusing on making/losing money and started focusing on placing GOOD trades.

Do you have portfolio margin enabled?
ToS is constantly pushing me to get on that shit.

>I noticed my improvement when I stopped focusing on making/losing money and started focusing on placing GOOD trades.

and a person needs to be trading and have records before you can even begin the process of analyzing what are good or bad trades. i looked at my records. trades that had the highest probability also had the highest profit potential. no fucking shit. those setups are all i trade now.

but if you believed in EMH, you would never even attempt to trade.

kek, I'm working at a Top 1 Tier Investment Banking (IBD tho) and this boards makes me cringe so hard. I'm not even a trader and what they post sounds ridiculous af, but they still pretend like their gonna be millionaires in a couple years. kek

>ontheinternetnobodyknowsimadog.jpg

I dabble. Fuck Tim Kikes.

So what you're really saying is I should put all my savings into a marijuana penny stock ;^ )

>and this boards makes me cringe so hard.
I'm still failing to see why.

it'll be ok user, just take deep breaths

I have never read a book in my life. Forums and youtube and knowing whats bullshit from what isn't.

You'll need luck just like I will need luck with ETC. Everyone needs luck. But fundamentals and the graph is looking good to me:

It's a "now or never" situation.

Not so much day trading as it is keeping one eye on the live platform I use all-day everyday and patiently waiting for that one good trade to come around. Might take weeks, but when they do come, it is more than worth it staring at the screen all day.

Patience and persistence are your best friends. Lunchtime and having to take a piss are your worst enemy. So don't. Gotten up too many time in the past for 15 minutes and missed something.

TAtards, what do you see when looking at this graph?

CRASHING THIS PLANE

WITH NO SURVIVORS

Oh yeah user, your attitude makes you sound REALLY rich and happy with your success.

Except time? Look, Kikes is an asshole, but he's not a scammer. You get an alert when he enters things before he exits them. He cannot retroactively undo a trade without people knowing, and besides that, he doesn't because he tapped on SPU the other day very quickly and I made 20% off it after everyone brought it up anyway. Your logic makes no sense.

>I have a lot more if you are interested
Not all of us are retards. Please, more.