Can't drink alcohol, can't enjoy ribs or bacon, can't have premarital sex

>can't drink alcohol, can't enjoy ribs or bacon, can't have premarital sex

Historical, what did Muslim cultures do for entertainment?

Drugs, lamb meat and boys

Yeah basically all of that. Especially if you were a Turk. There's a reason Wahhab appeared in the first place.

expand islam obviously

nice holy triplos infidel

water cigarettes they called it, I think?

oslo bacha bazi))), and hijra!

mormons btw are even more strict, may michael-gabriel-moroni bless them for that
one of most batshit sects who became pretty cool guys, unlike jehovahs that is

coffee

no.
no.
Elimination of desire through submission to God.

Fuck goats

Smoke drugs and wrestle with each other.

Mohamet pls go back to Hell

Alcohol is highly dangerous. Can't really blame them for that one.
But yes i am aware the every rich muslim that travels to Europe as tourist or for doing bussiness gets drunk, only the lower classes are forced to fullfil that law.

>islam is only a relgious system
apologist swine

Bosnian Muslims get drunk every weekend

corruption lover

Plz send me that salt
Do you even know what an apologist is?
Bosnians are muslim in name only, just like Serbians are Orthodox in name only.

Hookas and opium, coffee, and the intimate company of male slaves.

alcohol was banned because it was wasteful for a martial faith to abuse grain.

islam ain't buddhism nigga

asceticism is more likely a sufi thing, I mean there are thousands of sufi types but anyway

Khat is really popular in Yemen. It's kind of like cocaine but not as strong. Heroin use is rampant in Afghanistan.

>what did Muslim cultures do for entertainment?

Conquer and enslave.

They usualy break their law by drinking & fucking boy/girl and goat.

Khat is popular in somalia too, it's haram and should be banned, however its okay as long as the profits are used by widows to support their children.
>Implying

Anglo's committed the most war crimes in history. Even Rome killed wayy more than any muslim state in history.

Anglo's are pure satanic evil.

Poetry. It was a big thing among arabs even before Muhammad though.

the Ummah has a bigger body count. Read about their conquest of india, a few famines over decades has nothing on centuries of forced conversions and massacres.

Daily reminder.

>a few famines over decades

200 million dead over 20 years isn't that big of a deal. India was the richest country in the world under the Timurids.
It took the British a century to turn that into the poorest country.

>forced conversions

You can't force someone to convert to a religion retard, they'll resent it and apostate at the first moment.

boipucci
o
i
p
u
c
c
i

Says the slave owner. Is it inherent in Anglos to be hypocrites or are they taught?

subjugate kuffar, inshallah

>islam doesn't have a penalty for apostaty
this must be taqiyya

>Two wrongs make a right

They drank Alcohol and had pre-marital sex quite a lot though. Only post-1960's muslims are that autistic

Are you stupid? That Islam demands not doing those things, doesn't mean that muslims didn't do it.
Normative aspects of Islam =/= actual everyday life of the muslims.

Why do people think that Muslims all strictly follow their religion but accept that no other religious people do.

Tip, all religious people are huge hypocrite fakes.

Why do Westerners assume nobody takes their religion seriously just because they don't?

I mean, killing and dying for your religion betrays some fairly hardcore sincerity as far as I'm concerned.

also;
>faustian weakling thinks superior magian man is as perverse and weak as him

they are autistic about it and it is disrespectful to not recognize them for what they identify as.

>Why do people think that Muslims all strictly follow their religion but accept that no other religious people do.

Because Muslims are far more conservative and orthodox in their religion than the average Westerner.

Even a self-identifying conservative in the West is almost always a conservative in the Burkean sense; they have appropriated liberal ideas that are acceptable and useful to conservatism itself.

This is like doing a few things your whole life and then asking what others do in place of your activities. Weak post.

>no true muslim

>LYL LE BOYS.
Female prostitution existed too.

Except they are not the bare midriff dancing orientalist bullshit white boys from the 19th Century think they are.

Oh and you can fuck slaves, btw.

Yeah, but this thread is about history of Islam and it would be wrong to assume that always been the case. Especially considering Islam is getting more and more strict with time since Al Ghazali refuted philosophic interpretations of quran.

Now the Islamic world is at the peak of fundamentalism thanks to Al Wahhab and his successors.

the cool muslims (ie sufis) have always been hated by their orthodoxy which is always a compliment to whoever they hate.

I can't wait until Said is forgotten.

>Orientalism is not real guys!
>Jasmine is a Middle Eastern princess in Indian belly dancer clothes. If those fucks even had belly dancing.
Sure.

I hope you get that upset about King Arthur wearing plate and speaking English.

Orientalism is a legitimate aesthetic

Different issue: that's Romanticism and Nationalism.

No, you should be really upset that Celtic culture is mixed up with Anglo-Saxon culture, and confuse what clothes they were "really" wearing for an unresearched simplified fantasy version. Clearly this is part of a giant anti-Celt conspiracy. Or is it only an "ism" when it happens to your favorite cultures?

Not him, orientalism isn't a giant anti-eastern conspiracy or whatever. It's just a term for broad western generalization / stereotyping of the orient. Either from lack of knowledge or lack of giving a shit.
For obvious fucking reasons, seeing as Britain isn't part of the 'orient', it's not orientalism. But it is a similar phenomenon.

>historically what did Muslim cultures do for entertainment?

Travel to Europe and rape the native women. You can see this ancient tradition happening even today!

>Historical, what did Muslim cultures do for entertainment?
Fasting

>can't drink alcohol
Drink tea and coffee

>can't enjoy ribs or bacon
Enjoy beef, lamb, vegetables, the tons of other kinds of food, etc.

>can't have premarital sex
Like basically every pre-modern culture?

No, Said's Orientalism is very explicitly a unique mechanism for "the west" to subjugate "the east" and impose colonial rule, and not just intra-cultural fascination. America intervenes in the Middle East not for political reasons, but because Jasmine dresses like a slightly more sexual Barbara Eden.

>Historical, what did Muslim cultures do for entertainment?
Poetry and literature, hanging with the lads, dancing, music.

>can't drink alcohol, can't enjoy ribs or bacon, can't have premarital sex

Purism in Islam appeared only in 18 century. Wahhabism is similar to Christian Protestantism. It proclaimed that Islam should return to it roots, the Mohamed times, and throw aside all redundancies.
Before it alcohol was acceptable. There are loads of middle ages' Persian poets who praised love, wine and other joys of life. Moreover the pre-Mongol Islam world was refined, lavish, and wallowed in riches.

You should be upset about both senpai

The reality has always fallen short of their ideal with only temporary and brief interludes of heavy handed authoritarianism from puritans and the like.

Think about the United States and the war on drugs - existed since the 70s, weed was illegal since the 30s or so. And our last three presidents all did cocaine or weed or both. You can look up the abundant poetry to wine in persia, the tradition of drinking kumis among Turks.

>Saracens viewed as decadent, feminine, and overly educated
>Christians were shit eating, thick-headed alpha males

And today we've swapped places. My how things change.

The issue about alcohol in Islam is complex. Evidently even early adherents weren't quite sure if all alcohol was banned or if wine was acceptable but beer wasn't, etc. Of course it didn't take that long for jurists to agree Muslims shouldn't be ingesting any in any amount.

Sufis (and Muslims connected primarily to Sufi tradition) are generally very lax on alcohol and use it in their rites not as a violation of the law but because they understands that their Islamic practice moves beyond the law, that sharia is necessary and to be respected but that a fundamentalist/legalist practice is a bastardization of Islam. That's kind of simply put, obviously.

From where are you deriving these stereotypes, and why did you feel the need to post this?

If you mean upset as in autistic nitpicking about historical accuracy in media, that's one thing, but upset as in inventing conspiracy theories about it for personal or academic profit that is another thing entirely.

Economics, desu.

I'm funposting, stop being a fag.

You're the only one that sounds like an autist, literally believing someone's making a conspiracy theory to make you feel bad.

Is there some sort of loophole where muslims can consume pork and alcohol or is becoming secular really the only option for them?

all right, carry on I guess.

There's been some dancing around the issue of alcohol I believe. The verse can be interpreted as advising against alcohol rather than banning outright because the language used isn't as strong. This is a bit of a stretch and most "good Muslims" wouldn't touch the stuff but it can feasibly be done.

No chance with pork though, not unless you want to go full Reform and throw out most of the laws prescribed.

>to make you feel bad.
No, for profit. Huge difference.

>unironically being a Moslem

le_disapproving_chinaman_face.jpg

Was Osama a Wahhabist?

IIRC pork can be eaten when the alternative is starvation.
When it comes to alcohol I think it's being intoxicated that's forbidden rather than alcohol outright (I might be wrong though). I'm pretty sure there was a common practice in the Ottoman empire to have little thimbles of liquor if you didn't get drunk, and there was a controversy over coffee for the effects of caffeine.

I've seen turks drink alcohol who claim to be muslim so I guess it depends on what culture they come from. Too bad a reform is basically impossible unless Islam has an equivalent of a pope to rebel to but IIRC there isn't one.

He was anti-soviet warrior who put his army on the road of peace.

afaik Alawites consider alcohol as Halal

Wahhabism is the reform unfortunately. I was referring more to Reform Judaism whose adherents often don't believe in heaven or hell, or a messiah, or that you have to follow any of the mitzvah. It's more of a cultural club or a weird exercise in going through the motions than a serious religion.

That however, came out of a large diaspora westernizing over a couple hundred years. Islam has its own societies and nations so I don't see a thing like that taking place without total collapse and a wide-scale agreement that change needs to occur. I'll put that down right next to the schism healing in terms of likeliness.

Slay infidels.

Yup. Though it's often hard to tell with those guys, since they hold that they're not just another sect or school of jurisprudence (which using the name of their founder would imply) and just call themselves Muslim or Salafi (which refers to the first three generations of Islam, and is sometimes considered a separate revivalist trend). Really similar to how Protestants sometimes just call themselves Christian.

The Taliban were a separate bunch though - they had roots in the Deobandi movement and incorporated a lot of stuff that a Salafi would frown on, like dream divination, aspects of Sufism or the pre-muslim legal code Pashtunvali.

>born in Riyadh, the epicenter of Wahabism

Take a random guess

>I was referring more to Reform Judaism whose adherents often don't believe in heaven or hell,

Actually there isn't such a thing as hell or heaven in Judaism.
It's no matter were you righteous or not at all - you go to Sheol after death. In this way Judaism is more archaic type of religions and more similar to Greek or roman paganism.

Opinions vary. My sister is an orthodox and what her congregation believe is that sins are punished temporarily and then if you were generally good you get into heaven. The Torah itself is extremely vague about an afterlife though so there's tons of ideas floating around. I thought it was unique that Reform jews often believe in an afterlife at all.

They drank alcohol in private with friends, enjoyed succulent fruits and spices from across the world, and had lots of premarital sex with slaves and lower class women, because for most of history Islamic law was more a moral code that tended to matter in disputes between people of urban class.

Usama ibn Munqidh wrote about an older relative who boasted how his day wouldn't begin until he fucked another village girl in the morning, while there are plenty of legal accounts from Ottoman records of drunken brawls involving Muslims (and Jews and Christians) in taverns.

Enjoy Hell Ahmed

They drank and had pre-marital sex.

See and

Stone gays, beat women, conquer shit.

What the fuck happened.

That's highly dependent on the place. A turkish muslim would have probably drunk alcohol because of the less strict hanafi rules, and might have had pre martial sex too. Regardless of where they were I'm pretty sure most of them would them their evening in the mosque as it is also a place of gathering, they probably chatted, listened fatwa and hadiths, prayed etc.

I know some Algerian guys who say it's okay if they drink hard liquor/beer because "Mohammad was only talking about wine, and also if we drink it inside god can't see us."

Well it's kinda the same shit with the sultans and harems. "I only have sex 4 of them at one time so its okay"