Excuse me Mr. Prospect: If I could save you time, AND money, would you be interested?

>Excuse me Mr. Prospect: If I could save you time, AND money, would you be interested?

ITT we share foolproof sales tips

>Does that sound a good deal to you?
>What do I have to do to help you get onboard, sir?

>I'll be in the neighborhood on Tuesday and Thursday of next week. Which works better for you?

That's right, with this line, you just walked him into a corner, now he HAS to choose. Your first-year sales rep ass just turned the tables upside down on a seasoned president of a company.

BUY THE DIP
U
Y

T
H
E

D
I
P

Be genuine, It's not enough to appear interested or exited about what you're selling. It's gotta be in your bones

>Walked him into a corner

What if he tells you to fuck off, simply and elegantly?

Leading questions bro. "You want to save time and money, of course, right?" Works even better in person or via video because you can nod your head to help reinforce the lead.

3 tool for the sale

> Association, "everyone is getting this."
> Fear of loss " Sorry, this won't be available later."
> GREED " you know it, I know it, you will never find it this affordable, it's impossible to say no."

>> Association, "everyone is getting this."

Is that really that good though? Wouldn't it make more sense to be selling the "secret" on the "down low" (depending on what it is of course)? Selling them the idea they're getting in before everyone else and THEY'LL be the one laughing at everyone when they're rich?

>> Fear of loss " Sorry, this won't be available later."
>> GREED " you know it, I know it, you will never find it this affordable, it's impossible to say no."

Sounds kind of something they'd say on Boiler room or Wolf of wallstreet

Door to door fag here.

>
Is that really that good though? Wouldn't it make more sense to be selling the "secret" on the "down low" (depending on what it is of course)? Selling them the idea they're getting in before everyone else and THEY'LL be the one laughing at everyone when they're rich?

No one wants to be the first to buy. Doesn't matter if in reality they are. Same concept as baitimg a tip jar. Depending on what your hustle is you'd change this accordingly, but if no one else has bought people automatically assume it's not legit, bad quality, etc.

> Sounds kind of something they'd say on Boiler room or Wolf of wallstreet

That doesn't make it any less effective. I use these on a daily basis, and my numbers have benefited from them.

>TFW tried d2d sales and failed miserably

Maybe i just can't think fast enough but I swear it was hell for me. Maybe my brain just isn't quick enough for it...

>Is that really that good though?

It most certainly is. People are naturally wary of unpopular things. If you can demonstrate with extensive data in the prospectus that your shit is hot, then your tactic will work, but if you're bullshitting (and you're always bullshitting in sales), saying that the product is popular tells the customer that it's quality; after all, if it weren't worth buying, why would so many people do just that? There's so much research supporting the power of peer pressure, I'm not even gonna bother linking to anything. This shit is well-established.

D2d is tuff shit man. Not for the Squimish, but once it clicks (and anyone who puts in enough time and effort will have it click eventually) it's easy

Making no money for a long time really sucked though.

Any tips on making it "click"? I swear i'm just slow at thinking for it, I understand it in theory but when it comes down to it I can't perform .Any suggestions on good videos or books that start from a low level so i can really understand?

I'd love to give it another shot but I just don't know

It's a skill, m8. Best thing for it is practice.

but how do i learn before making a fool of myself?

Is there any good videos/books?

when i was younger i went door to door and sound discount cards to support a band trip for my friends and was very succesful, had to bs about what instrument I played and what my favorite note was. Was this easy mode or am I a natural born salesman?

>how do i learn before making a fool of myself?

You learn by making a fool of yourself. You can't be afraid of failure. You practice, you experiment, you consider feedback, and you improve. Sales is one of the oldest disciplines; literally just google that shit and soak up the knowledge. If you really need to buy a book to make yourself feel like you're improving yourself, "Influence: Science and Practice" is a fun read that doesn't mire itself in the realm of sales, but will give you insights into many realms of interpersonal interaction.

Don't fear failure; strive for improvement, with no heed for the emotional costs. You won't remember all those embarrassing failed cold calls in 20 years, but you will remember all the opportunities and security you got from the sick commissions that came rolling in once you got gud.

You were a kid; they saw it as charity, not a value transaction.

True. But I want to learn the basics at least first, like what to respond to (forget what it's called) but when people say "Not now I'm busy" or "I'm not sure i need to talk to my wife" or "Not really in the market for this right now", things like that?

I try to interject something but usually it's too little oto late and i lose them

killer

killer

not a good idea. A good salesman asks and is not pushy. This is pushy.

pretty good

> been in sales for 3 years

Some people are naturally better at this. I wasn't, it took a while of barely skating by before I realized that what I did in my off time made all the difference. I started reading more, took every chance I had to interact with people and practice the stuff I needed. I have no doubt in my mind that people have thought I was an asshole, a funding tard, loud or obnoxious, socially awkward, etc. Etc. Funk realistically some people still probably think that, but I dont mind; they can think of me as whatever they like as I leave with their money.

Best advice my mentor ever gave me "make the uncomfortable comfortable, persistence breaks down resistance. "

Can you read through thread and gibe me advice then pls

>>>>
Relative

True, that does make sense

But I feel like I was a bit too pushy on sales rather thsn letting the prospect walk into it themselves by simply making an offer tjey couldn't weasel out of.

I really need help with objections and responding to them smoothly

>scuse me sir can I interest you in some ___
>no fak off Op
>wut if i sayed you get a free blowjob
>ok how much

Kinda depends on what you sell. A guy selling cars is gonna be different from a financial advisor selling his services to rich people. They have different techniques and requirements. Also the same sales style might not work for two people. I'm able to sell without being that "loud outgoing life of the party" type salesman. I use more wisdom, and friendliness, and patience. I can draw out what bothers them and listen to them, relate to them.

Best thing I can say for a salesman is to just practice via your job. Also read the top books on sales. Read at least 4 or 5 of them.

And whatever you are selling don't be afraid to experiment, in fact even when you are selling well you still need to try new things to see if there are other things you can get better at to charm the customer. Never stop trying to reach a new level.

Also regularly sit down with sales people in various industries in your area of town (ideally successful sales people). Have beers with them or whatever. Share stories and learn from each other.

Some people say that mentality is not part of sales, but I completely disagree. The way you think is 50% of the sale.

I firmly believe: (a) never be desperate and (b) be more than happy to let a sale walk.

I usually make it sound like I'm a little suprised they would walk away from such a good deal

True

Dude, knows his hustle.

Truthfully user, we can tell you things all day (and a lot of advice in this thread is solid) but at the end of the day, you have to trial and error until you get it. Sales (no matter what sect) has one thing in common. Perseverance. It is directly linked to success in this business. You will hear a million "no's" you will be talked down to, you will have doors shut in your face, and you will shed tears and scratch your head for hours trying to figure out how to improve. That's the dues you have to pay to be on a different level than anyone else in the room. Those who know how to sell ultimately run the world.

Fuck... you're right

If someone came up to me with most of these pick up lines I would automatically assume they are trying to get me into Herbalife or some other pyramid scheme.

Agreed. Im an engineer, not a salesman by trade and I don't have a commission attached to my sales but they do help me leverage bonuses. As such, I don't need to be pushy, I don't need a ridiculous margin, but I do need to scare the client. They ask for expertise and so when they ask if I have seen this before I do enjoy telling them yes I have, and how many fatalities and hundreds of millions of dollars it ended up costing