/evn/ - Slav edition

Discussion about the making or playing of English Language Visual Novels, save for the ones from /ksg/, or games released originally in Japanese.

Do you have a question about a Japanese visual novel or a translation of it?
/vn/ is ready to answer it.

>Developer Resources, Getting Started:
pastebin.com/7LsCvtq3

>Recommended Reading:
vndb.org/v/all?q=;fil=olang-en.tagspoil-0;o=d;s=rating
pastebin.com/zGVSpH0B

For Developers. Huge collection of guides on everything:
meganelover.com/post/122965940223/visual-novel-creation-masterlist

Ren'Py Download:
renpy.org/

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

kickstarter.com/projects/vogue/dont-forget-our-esports-dream-a-starcraft-visual-n
lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=38212
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how come jp never mentions black sands

Who?

mike jones

maybe he's clark kenting

Does a demo really help your kickstarter?

>While, at the time of writing this, only Episode 1 is available, the price of it is more than worth what you get content-wise. It has been stated that each future episode (there will be 4 in total) will all cost the same as Episode 1, so you’ll be looking to $5.99 per episode as they are released. If each future episode provides the same high quality story that was available here, then I absolutely cannot wait for the next parts to be released. With that, I easily give Episode 1 of Selenon Rising a recommendation. With around 2-3 hours of reading content available, you’ll definitely get your money’s worth out of it

is 2-3 hours more than worth $6, /evn/?

The existence of a demo helps show that you have put SOME work into the project and are not completely taking a punt on free money.

However, the actual quality of your demo is probably not very meaningful unless it's good enough to go viral.

No, especially not with that art.

It helps me not despise you, unless you've completed other work in the past.

a LOT

This, unless you have a previous release.

Unless you have a load of previous works under your belt, I wouldn't back anything without a demo. Even with previous works, I'd be a bit wary and the demo would have to show you put some effort into it, and not just a few assets and some scenes.

What you're trying to show is that you can do something on your own and you're not just one of those idiots who thinks that if only they put their hands on some money they'd manage to finish their project.

kickstarter.com/projects/vogue/dont-forget-our-esports-dream-a-starcraft-visual-n

It's not going to fund

thats what they said about walkerman

>comments
>What about Blizzard? Apparently they want this project to come to life. Why don't they throw in a couple of dollars?

I'm sure the dev team will finish the rest if it comes to it, there isn't much left.

how many words is 2-3 hours? 40k?

About that, 40-50k.

if theres a lot of art assets/animation/gameplay elements id say $6 is fair

kicktraq has it trending so close that the devs would definitely just pay the rest themselves

so what you're saying is that their only hope is to sell their soul to sekai

Nice drama. Got a link to make it easier for me?

How do I get onto SP's awesome team? I want to make the bank and innovate EVNs in the west.

It's late and we need a rez. Here you go. lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=38212

Not crediting team members? What a shock.

I'm trying to go back to sleep here and you come with delicious drama.