/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, May 7th:
351 – The Jewish revolt against Constantius Gallus breaks out. After his arrival at Antioch, the Jews begin a rebellion in Palestine.
1429 – Joan of Arc ends the Siege of Orléans, pulling an arrow from her own shoulder and returning, wounded, to lead the final charge. The victory marks a turning point in the Hundred Years' War.
1794 – French Revolution: Robespierre introduces the Cult of the Supreme Being in the National Convention as the new state religion of the French First Republic.
1915 – World War I: German submarine U-20 sinks RMS Lusitania, killing 1,198 people including 128 Americans. Public reaction to the sinking turns many formerly pro-Germans in the United States against the German Empire

>News
HoI4 DD54 - AI
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hearts-of-iron-iv-development-diary-54-ai.924168/

EU4 DD April 28
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-28th-of-april-2016.923918/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>EU4 - BDSM
pastebin.com/vYbnKvK2

>>[CK2 - 2.4.5] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.3.3 - 21/03/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

empiredesigner.xyz
stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki
stellariswiki.com/Artificial_intelligence
stellariswiki.com/Beginner's_guide
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Ignore the autist above me

Ignore the autist above me

Reminder that Stellaris is part of /Pdxg/

Post qts

Reminder that Stellaris is grand strategy, thus the mods/janitors will not remove your posts, so post away and ignore the autists.

Once again, the intended goal is the destruction of the /gsg/ culture of self preservation with the eventual goal of destroying those willing to defend ourselves and leaving us subject to steamgroup hegemony. They plan to do this by taking shots at the Vicky kids, why them you ask? Because they haven't quite got the respect of the HoI crowd and they're not as pathetic as the baying EU mob. They are the perfect target. Destroy them and the community is ripe to be picked apart. Their attack comes at the perfect time, this is all planned exquisitely, just before stellaris is released, the biggest mass attack of casuals this general has or will ever known. That is why they are so vehemently against the recreation of /4xg/. With the old guard fractured and the new wave coming in this is where the battle line is drawn. If we lose then /gsg/ gets taken over entirely by the steamgroup, robmod, turkslayer, you name it. You can still defend us. You can be the vanguard of our peoples but you have to fight back. You must do it covertly and you must do it diligently. Report the liquor posters, report the stellaris posters, report them where ever they stand for they are your enemy and they are trying to destroy the thing we have held firm against them for the past half decade. This next week will decide what happens for the next year, the next decade, the next century. You either bow down and let this place become like /r/paradoxplaza blended with the steamgroup or you fight back. The power to win is in your hands. Take it.

wow this is retarded. I can't inherit the title? Why the fuck not? I designated my son as heir to the republic when he was heir to the byzantine empire and now this shit happens.

Hey guys, what kind of empire do you have planned for your first Stellaris playthrough?

empiredesigner.xyz

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for grand strategy

pls giv validation

ebin blob friendo xD

NICE BLOB~

good job

>not owning rome

buy stellaris now

You lost the war steamgroup. It's over.

Can we get a pastebin going for Stellaris? It's only a few days away.

Here's a link to the wiki for starters: stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki

gross

dude good blob

Never forget

Already done did it.

Man, these AI personalities are really cool. I can't wait to play this game on the 9th of May.

stellariswiki.com/Artificial_intelligence

How should I go about reforming Rome as Byzantium? Last try felt like I was moving to slow, barely done with Anatolia and Balkans 200 years in.
Enough with the stellaris shitposting already, it's getting /b/ tier.

Get bored of Stellaris?

Yeah eventually, but probably not for a really long time. I guess you'll just have to endure until then because right now this hype train is full steam ahead! ^_^;

Ally Poland and Hungary. Keep refilling the start 'til you get a diploma rep guy who'll let you ally both.

Quality

>hype train
Wow what is this railroaded bullshit? xDxD

What the fuck is going on in here

Will you reclaim your birthright?

see

They updated the wiki a few days ago with lots of helpful content for new players btw. Here's a beginner's guide in case you want to brush up before the game launches so you don't have to flounder about like a lost puppy your first playthrough and end up wasting time having to restart multiple times before beating it.

stellariswiki.com/Beginner's_guide

ratemylife.net
let's do it mates

blorggy

Reporting them will accomplish nothing though. Why is this a difficult concept to understand? The janitors and the mods are not going to get involved in any of this because they don't care.

If you really want to get rid of Stellaris posters, then on May 9th just make a general called Stellaris General - /sg/ and then if they post about it here you can try and report them, but honestly I doubt it will matter even then since the mods usually avoid getting involved in disputes such as these.

For example, in the fighting game general thread, there was a "civil war" of sorts just like this over smash being considered a real fighting game, and eventually they formed their own general because of all the shitposting, but whenever smash gets posted in the fighting game general, the mods ignore it, even though those posts get reported. They never get deleted or pruned, so it really comes down to shitposting all over them/ignoring them until they get bored and leave.

Giving them attention like this is just stupid.

What am I doing wrong?

>giving them attention
Assuming your right, which in all honestly you are what does educating people about the steamgroup and their villany do wrong? Even if R&I doesn't do anything atleast people know the score this way.

>democratic empire

top lel

>play napoop
>get queen
>all pops become reactionary
ebin

NWO

>not liking my imperial confederation
>I
>R
>C

lads, why does my waifu have a fucking motorcycle as a persona

this isn't what i asked for

also daily reminder that futaba sakura is a huge slut

To be very quite honest the political system for constitutional monarchies in EU4 is better. You have an actual parliament who actually vote on shit.

Fair enough, if you're just trying to be vocal that's understandable. I just mean, reporting them is pointless, but declaring that you've done it, and then ignoring them, definitely makes them feel unwanted.

That, combined with a containment thread (not a 4x general, but a specific Stellaris thread), will probably be quite effective at getting them to leave. But it'll take time. Probably a month.

I honestly doubt it'll take longer than a month of just giving them the cold treatment and minimal attention for them to get bored and fuck off. The stamina of your average troll is actually really low. Only the full autists bother to keep it going, and even they wear out eventually. That or they become a source of occasional entertainment, like someone bringing up niggers and acting super racist after the slaves have been freed for over a century.

>doesn't own Roma

oh fuck lads, sorry, i was in the wrong tab

just ignore

>m-muh steamgroup!!
It's so easy to blame everything on them, like they are responsible for 100% of the shitposting here, while there is no evidence this new wave is shitposting is coming from there. Heck, there is more evidence that this started by shitposters from the new discord group. I bet half of the people shitposting here aren't even part of any groups.

Honestly my issue with stellaris is that it's not at all like EU, HoI, Vicky or HoI, is it Grand strategy? Debatable. Is it anything like the games currently hosted here? No. Perhaps this should be history games general I don't know, all I know is that a space fantasy game where you play sentient yetis is completely different to what we have now.

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I have 10 free days for once, so I'll be working on flags.

I'll have time to take some requests should any of you want so. I've missed making flags.
Plus I think you could all use some relaxing flag time.

Queen=Nanako

But isn't that the fun way to learn a game?

I'm actually not part of any group. I never posted here before Stellaris was a thing. I only post here because there is no place else to post about Stellaris. There isn't even a 4xg currently, and every attempt of mine at making one has resulted in it being ignored and 404'ing. So this is the only place I can post about Stellaris.

I really don't even like Paradox games. I enjoy space 4X games, and I like Civ style games. I used to post in the 4X general when it was around, but now it's gone so I returned here.

I predict that, after Stellaris hype wears off and all the newfags like myself that only come here to post about it get bored of it/run off/time in general simply passes, your general will return to normal, and I won't have any reason to post here anymore and leave once more.

>Plus I think you could all use some relaxing flag time.
AFPG confirmed old guard.

Can you make a Russian/Austria Habsburg Union flag pls?

am i doing good gsg

lad, that's a TERRIBLE theory

The only difference is that there is a lot more uncolonized land in Stellaris. If you're looking for more tradional Paradox crap, then wait until we figure out if we can preload scenarios (or even make them) and those maps with five thousand systems.

So its immigrants that are shitting our thread?

Fucking great

Very well. Anything specific you'd want in there? Considering both the Russian Tsars and the Habsburgs used the double headed black eagle, it should be fairly simple.

If that's the case, as I've repeatedly harped on for many threads, Distant Worlds needs to be removed from the OP's image. It really makes it hypocritical to be saying what you're saying and have a game like that advertised in the original post. I understand what you're saying, but nevertheless, it -looks really inconsistent- to have that game in the OP image and be saying what you're saying.

Would you object to a stellaris/4x general being opened on May 9th?

You're going to pirate Stellaris ASAP and you'll like it despite of all its flaws.

Admit it.

tfw 3 points off of an alliance with Austria

Fuck

No, I'd love one. I just hope people post it in. I certainly would, rather than here, if not only am I being a disruption, but being ignored as well.

>tfw no one ever comments on your screenshots

They were going on and on about how Stellaris is about having a symmetrical start, so I doubt there are any pre-made scenarios.

>still no Istria

If anything then Stellaris should revive 4xg. I really don't care tho where it will get posted, I'm not interested in the game

I don't make OPs, if I did I'd remove it like we removed Aurora but in the present climate even that would probably lead to all manner of hell breaking loose.

No, the difference is there is no historical basis to stellaris. I like these games because they're history Thames, I don't play them for "strategy",I play them for the history as I'm sure most other people do. The idea of a fantasy game doesn't appeal to me at all.

I pre-purchased Galaxy edition.

Because I'm a retard and didn't see the new thread:

To the delight of Napoleon, in the spring of 1862 France was approached by Piedmontese Prime Minister Cavour with a proposal: the cession of Savoy to France in return for French assistance in seizing the Austrian principality of Lombardy.

Diplomacy between France and Sardinia-Piedmont had been somewhat rocky since 1849, when Carlo Alberto had died and Vittorio Emmanuele II had taken the throne. Vittorio had continually pressed France to permit him to diplomatically extend his hand to the Papal States and the Kingdom of Two Sicilies, but Napoleon, whom Vittorio had dealt with from the moment he came to the crown, had always been adamant that central and southern Italy were in the French sphere of influence and under French protection: his allowance, in the early 1840s, for the expansion of Sardinia-Piedmont using the claim of the Napoleonic Kingdom of Italy was, he continually said, the extent of his interests in their territorial growth. This rocky, sometimes almost hostile relationship had continued for over ten years, with Napoleon (or, more accurately, his ministers) constantly being forced to end Piedmontese schemes against the independence of the southern Italian states.

With this in mind, Cavour was well-aware that Napoleon would never approve of the territorial aggrandizement of Sardinia-Piedmont without some aggrandizement of his own. With the injunction of Britain against French expansion, the forbidden fruit of European expansion had only become all the sweeter... and Cavour suspected he could now negotiate an Italian unification with France for a relative pittance.

As it turned out, Cavour was not wholly correct; Napoleon was not completely satisfied with Savoy, and also demanded the city of Nice on the coast (fulfilling his old promise to seize the city he signed the Treaty of Amacability with Carlo Alberto in), but it was still a relative pittance for the unification-minded Cavour.

would like another Fascist France flag

Even if you make one, people will still post about it here. I know I will. 4x is grand strategy and Stellaris is a paradox game. There is absolutely no reason not to post about it in /gsg/

>posts crusader memes 2
>expects a response

But what's stopping us from generating a map, populating it manually with what we want and exporting it as a save for others to use?

Well, like yourself, but I suppose from the other side of it, I'm not interested in this general. I don't really care where it gets posted either, so I have no real reason to post about it here versus another thread where it doesn't get hated on.

If a Stellaris general gets made and people use it, so will I. If everyone posts here instead, then so will I. That's the only reason I'm here in the first place.

>still no Barcelone

you know you want to user,

just blob no one will notice ;)

The problem is if we restarted 4xg right now it would die. If we restart it on may 9th not only do we have to deal with stellaris posting until then but most people will still mistakingly post it here after /4xg/ is restored.

I fully support the recreation of /4xg/ on may 9th though. Even if it ends up a total shitfit, which it will anyway, stellaris posters deserve somewhere to post in peace and history gamers deserve somewhere to post in peace. Grand strategy or not nobody can argue stellaris is nothing like the games currently posted here.

post infrastructure mapmodes

What colonies do you have/plan on taking?

There has never in the history of Veeky Forums been anywhere anybody could post about anything in peace.

lads, why dont capitalists ever actually manage to fund projects
why do i always have to invest 95% of the project

>restarting it on may 9th
Try two weeks afterwards when i emerge from my Stellaris binge

just don't, build it yourself
state capitalism ftw

Is the Inflicted/Taken losses statistics for manpower on the Darkest Hour ledger actual manpower (as in the ingame resource, that costs 13 for an infantry division and so on), or is it the less abstract but also less meaningful "number of men"?

Because I either killed 20 million men or a thousand times that number, and either way I feel pretty good about my campaign

Before this autism about stellmemeus being gsg everyone was joking about "pls buy stellaris". Now that autists got mad shitposters are pretending to like it to piss them off.

Epic

When is the next version coming btw?

There's no abstraction. 1 manpower are 1000 people. A division that cost 13 manpower has 13000 people.

Well I agree with you.

In fact, as I said before, there is already a precedent on Veeky Forums for this sort of thing. In the Fighting Game General thread, it was decided that Smash is "not a real fighting game" (not trying to start a debate, just pointing out that was the sentiment of that thread's community), and of course, Smash players got trolled really bad by this and eventually decided to split off and form their own general, which continues to thrive to this day. And, of course, the animosity still remains, with both threads pretty much hating each other.

Ideally, something similar could happen with Stellaris. Altthough, Stellaris is also a very niche title, and I don't predict that a general for it would last very long anyway. Really, the bottom-line is, you guys have already "won" whatever victory you might imagine, since Stellaris is just a drop-in-the-bucket and it is not going to change the fact that this is a niche general that gets almost no attention from the mainstream. Your thread is going to be your thread, in time, and things will return to normal, because the only persistence is coming from you, not the newfags, who will just blow over like the weather in a month or two.

Why?

I'm afraid to tell you that not any time soon. This year is being pretty rough and I seldom have time to even make flags anymore. But little by little I progress. It may take a long time, but I swear I'm not abandoning this project any time soon.

I actually remembered that midway through my post but forgot fix it (I think it's in HoI 3 that those numbers don't match). Basis of the question remains, though - is that number on the ledger counting manpower or men?

honestly i think it would be dumb as fuck to split up our 6 year old community over a stupid game that people will forget about in a month.

xxxxx
xxxxx

or

xxxxxxxxxx

Hey flagdaddy, if you're going to be making flags would you do one for my France playthrough? I'm this faggot.

My late-game plan is to go from constitutional Napoleonic monarchy to Fascist, and ideally I'd like a flag which is a sort of Fascist-Napoleonic flag, if that makes sense. The French Fascists in this universe (barring anything weird happening in my playthrough) are going to seize power initially by claiming to want to restore the Bonaparte absolute monarchy, so a lot of their symbols should be related to the Bonapartes and Bonapartiste ideology even once they reach power.

I don't really know a lot about Napoleonic symbolism or even flags for that matter, so if you're interested just do you. I trust your autismo.

Like I said user, this is gross enough. Honestly it's TOO gross, but that's what genocide is for. ;^)

Aside from Vietnam and the shitty Pacific islands, just northern Africa.