>Veeky Forums League Poll
docs.google.com/forms/d/1waNc94C3FCm9cZ10C0MQBXAOEbWphGtC1NirLKrRCIU/viewform

>Battletag list:
sites.google.com/site/hsgresources1/battletags/

Old thread

What would a Whitemane card be like?

xth for paletress a best

Probably

>When this card is destroyed and sent to the graveyard: Special summon 1 Scarlet Commander Mograine from your Extra Deck.

Just opened this pack right now. Yes, you can be jealous.

What is best to ladder fast? Shaman or Zoo? I just want to get this done.

Did you guys dust all your Naxx/GVG cards? I'm anxious because I might want to play Wild someday

I just unpacked this. Suck on it.

So dont dust anything? Why would you if you want to play wild someday?

Amazing. (You)

I dusted all of them, fuck those cards

I still haven't. They will never return to standard, right?

Why would you do that. What if theres a standard season that you dont like? hat if you want to do fun games with friends? With if we get a good tavern brawl for once where we can build fun decks?

Seriously, why do people BM, especially in THIS game, this fucking childrens card game.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not some assmad faggot who got "ebin shrekd" by a freezemage that roped me or something, I'm a forever rank 15 casual that only play this shit in uni class whenever the teacher says shit I've read before or in the toilet breaks when friends arent around.
However, I just watched a clip where my beloved Trump got BM'd by a freezefag, and it got me thinking.
What kind of mental illness or underlying problems causes someone to derive pleasure from "ebin rope BM"? Do they have so little power in their daily life that they feel the need to exploit every little advantage they get?

I seriously feel more sorry for the one BM'ing than the one getting BM'd, this little shitstain of a human being sits there, actively thinking "oh yeah, I fucking GOT HIM NOW, UHNGH FUCK!!!!!!" and proceed to waste precious seconds of their ONE life enacting some state of "controll".

Did they get fucking beaten by their dad? Doesn't anyone love them? Do they feel so fucking miserable they sink to such a low?

Honestly, you may sit there thinking "lmfao, it's just a PRANK BRO XD DON'T BE MAD IS JUST A GAME", but no, this is a sign, that person has problems.

Fucking BM shitters, fucking hell. Sportsmanship out the window.

Faggots. All of you.

Crafting up some legendaries with my expansion dust.

I want to get N'zoth priest and rogue working so its down to Cairne, Sylvanas, Edwin or Bloodmage. I can only get one of them so choose wisely friends.

Not great at the moment, but his playability will skyrocket once LoE rotates out.

Wild will always be more degenerate than standard

I want that sweet sweet golden Gnomish Inventor but Priest is the most boring fucking class in the game. How do I level up quickly?

>I'm not some assmad faggot
>proceeds to write textwall
It doesn't compute.

Sylvanas fits into more decks.

I used to love Standard MtG but now I cant stand it and prefer Legacy. Time changes user, no reason to dust anything really.

Sylvanas, no contest.

Is Assassinate overcosted?

Wild is surprisingly bearable if you're better at the old meta than the new one

It should cost 3. HS removal is WAY overcosted.

Don't respond to old pasta, even if you're not directly replying.

>requires 2 black mana
This is harder to cast than 3 mana in Hearthstone.

considering warrior has 2 different "1 mana, kill a minion" cards, I'd say so

As non-conditional removal, it's arguably as playable, if not more so than BGH.

in a class that has sap, no

Yes and SW:Death should work on 4ATK minions.

MTG has gone away from cheap easy to cast removal. They're taking notes from HS and trying to make it more creature based.

user lets not go into specifics. You know what I mean.

I wish she would give me a thigh job.

Which is why I'm starting to like older format better. Fucking devs casualising all games today.
>Removing proper land destruction
>Removing proper 1-2 mana counterspells
>Muh-creature based action
God damn it.

I was thinking around 4. It's so hard to tell though because spell cards can only be class cards, and the classes are supposed to be inherently better at certain things than others.

But then I look at Execute, SW:Pain, SW:Death, Sabotage, and Siphon Soul and Assassinate just looks so bad.
It's even limited to enemy minions for no reason.
Rogues honestly are better off using Shadow Strike right now which is just kinda weird considering hard removal is one of the basic elements of the class

I usually post Path because at one time I posted Swords to Plowshares and the thread devolved into an argument explaining how "bad" it was since it was "healing" the opponent. Never again, never fucking again

answer me god damn it, I'm literally losing ranks. I just want this DONE.

Health usually isn't as big a deal in Magic because burn is more common right?

I know jack shit about Magic so I was just curious

Card Designers have to come to understand that

>Faggot playstyles that revolve around "le counter everything XD" are not fun to play against
>Faggot playstyles that revolve around destroying mana generation, making you unable to play the game are not fun to play against
>Faggot playstules that revolve around combos while you watch the other guy masturbate are not fun to play against

What is fun to play? Creatures and make them fight like Godzilla.

Theros gave us what is arguably the most unconditional removal spell in the game.

The removal is actually getting better, just at higher rarities.

Path is good because some decks only run 1-2 basic lands so it has no downside.

I was asking about Swords to Plowshares

>What is fun to play? Creatures and make them fight like Godzilla.
No, spells are fun. Thigh matches are fun. Resource management is fun. Fucking legacy storm is fun. Not godzilla epic boogaloo.

Anyways, I play more Netrunner these days, its way more in-line with the kind of interesting and strategic card game magic used to be back then.

In Magic many decks don't care about healing the opponent. Any control deck is going to be happy to let its opponent have the life.

This isn't even considering alternate win conditions.

Burn decks care about opponents healing, usually.
Combo decks usually revolve around one turn kills, so healing rarely gets you out of range.
Control seeks to establish a board lock, then usually resolve a win condition such as a very powerful "one card combo" creature and beat you down slowly while using counters and kill spells to stop you from doing anything.
Health can also matter in "races".

can someone explain to me why anyone watches kripp? he's boring, has no personality and sounds like he has no interest in the game

how does he get so many viewers?

Remember how Zombie Chow was good? Imagine a mana spell that silence AND destroy a creature with zombie chow healing drawback. No problemo right?

>storm
>fun

>opponent lays possessed villager
>I coin out huge toad
>opponent plays knife juggler and pops the villager; knife goes face
>I kill juggler with the toad and the deathrattle kills the shadowbeast
such a skill-intensive game
i sure deserved to beat that zoo player amirite guys

Storm is god damn fun to play and play against, looks at some video online. Its not solitaire at all since there, you know, instant interactions like counterspells, discard, "silence" effect (cant cast spells) instant tutors and shit like that.

If you think legacy decks are solitaires, then you have no idea.

>They're taking notes from HS and trying to make it more creature based.
MtG started to become more creature centric since Mirrodin block (2004). Notable creatures over the years include Tarmoghoyf from Future Sight (2007?), Dark Confidant from Ravnica (2006), Bloodbraid Elf from Shards of Alara block (2009), Goblin Guide, and Stoneforge Mystic from Zendikar (2010), and Delver of Secrets and Geist of Saint Traft from Innistrad (2011). The last time Lightning Bolt has been reprinted in a standard legal set was in 2010.

>i sure deserved to beat that zoo player amirite guys
yeah because he made a shitty decision to let a juggle determine the game on turn 2

What alternatives are there?

viewbotting

>Theros gave us what is arguably the most unconditional removal spell in the game.
Vindicate, Maelstrom Pulse, and Anguished Unmaking all exist, guy. Pretty cheap, pretty easy to cast, and hit more things than Hero's Downfall does. Unless only instants count as "unconditional removal", which is the first I've heard.

all of what you say is true and yet he's still better than most

why, yes, maybe I get to thoughtseize one of your cards. Maybe I get to Force a ritual. Hell, if you're slow enough, maybe I can start to chip at you with Liliana. All these widely varied avenues of attack I can successfully mulligan for in the quest to make your solitaire game harder. Real fucking fun to play against.

Storm is patrician enough that I'm not exactly about to question your right to play, but fun doesn't really enter into it on your opponent's side, unless they're also a stormfag who happens to be on a fair deck

earlier than that. ons block's main mechanic was tribes
the middle set was 100% creatures

what are your play weaknesses /hsg/?

I play too fast since I want to finish my quest asap and go play something else

Overly cautious. Every turn I'm like "gotta play around X" when you can't play around their entire deck.

Sometimes I forget how to add and end up missing on board lethal

i get upset and concede games i shouldn't

Anything having to do with the Mage deck. Almost every play style with that deck is op

why the fuck did they give patron two new activators

did they not think it was good enough

because they lost 2.

What's your excuse for not playing Thrall in your deck?

weird i don't see any replacements for what rogue lost

its not about what rogue lost, its about what all other classes lsot

I don't browse leddit

nobody was playing rogue anyway. now they can play miracle.

Seems like you do.

N-nah I was only guessing it was from reddit!

>warlock is at 7 mana and needs 7 damage to kill me
>he has a sea giant on board
>he only has one card in hand and he has already used a PO so i put shit down rather than healing
>the one card in his hand was dire wolf alpha
>he topdecks doomguard
i hate this game

All of those require you to be in a specific 2-color combination. There is no card printed before Hero's Downfall that is strictly better than it. Every piece of mono-black removal that precedes it has some sort of targeting restriction or other downside.

Allowing you to not be W/B or G/B is very relevant.

Is this guy any good for Control decks? Or is he way to slow?

He would be good for 7 mana.

he already is good and incredibly anti-meta

I just don't understand why it still destroys your weapon.
Like sure, being able to hit face and board at the same time was chinsy, and 2 mana is really cheap.
But why 4 mana and destroy weapon? It still requires you to have a weapon in hand to use it, and it's not like Rogue has any weapon cards besides Assassin's Blade, Perdition's Blade, or Poisoned Blade.
Only 1 of those even sees regular play and it essentially gets countered by the weapon destruction

Good luck for him saving you from the zoolock and aggro shaman decks.

>the meta is ending the game before turn 9
>it's a turn 9 minion
>incredibly anti meta

Are you high or just born that way?

He's good against some decks, like priest and mage. Not so much against those that buff their minions like warlock and shaman.

>paladin plays this thinking he's safe
>entomb it
well played
thank you

>targeting it with a spell
u wot?

forbidden shaping doesn't give battlecry. REEEEEEEE.

b8?

Because Blizz nerfed it to oblivion so it doesn't see play anymore (though it's probably still awesome and used in decks players can't even fathom, on par with the likes beast druid and warsong commander). I guess that's their way of not pummeling rogue to death by nerfing the rest of the basic set since it's so good they admitted giving rogues shit for several expansions to maintain balance.

entomb ignores deathrattle and buffs so it would ignore this too

having playtested him, he performs very well in ramp druid and in control warrior.

why the fuck would it

OU

>Tempostorm metasnapshot is out.
>They put aggro Shaman, Zoo and C'thun Druid at Tier 1.

So glad everyone and their mother are going to flock to those deck because I counter all if them.

You mean situationally better. Hero's Downfall doesn't see any play in Modern or Legacy, and if it does, it's a sideboard card. Swords to Plowshares, Path to Exile, Abrupt Decay, and Lightning Bolt are the go-to removal of eternal formats. There is no reason to spend more mana on a card that does the same thing with a (though marginal) downside.

The color requirements don't matter either. Between dual and fetch lands, having the right color mana at any point in time is hardly ever an issue.

Is this worth keeping, or dust it and wait for a non gold one?

>dusting cards you dont already have 2x copies of
the hell user?

I think Auchenai is better due to the body. Would be OK in a combo priest with Velen.

who /hunter decks that'd be almost strictly better in another class/ here

I'd say it's worth keeping.
Golden Epics are more rare than regular Legendaries and cost just as much to craft.
There's not much point disenchanting it when the crafting cost is so high but you only get 400 dust for destroying it