/kfg/ - Killing Floor General

WWAUT Announcement for the E3 annonucement for the SS annonucement (annonucement edition): forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=117655

Latest Patch: forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=117534

Previous thread: steamcommunity.com/groups/kf2vg

>Guide for beginners (STATS/STRATS MAY BE OUTDATED):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=425843240

Memetastic maps by /kfg/:
>KF-Mall drive.google.com/file/d/0BywcqXA0Kt4IS3pwMFQ2VVRHZ00/view?pli=1
>KF-ParkingGarage kf2.gamebanana.com/maps/187054
>KF-DanceFloor moddb.com/games/killing-floor-2/addons/kf-dance-floor-contest
>KF-Fog_Rig moddb.com/games/killing-floor-2/addons/kf-fog-rig-contest
>KF-GreenStreet moddb.com/games/killing-floor-2/addons/kf-greenstreet-beta
>KF-Antarctic moddb.com/games/killing-floor-2/addons/kf-antarctic/
>KF-Nuked moddb.com/games/killing-floor-2/addons/kf-nuked-beta

Mods n shit:
>user's weapon skins and modded Soundtracks
mega.nz/#F!axEgHD7L!7d-vuxYC5SBMmADi6cMjlA
>Engraveless 1911 skin
kf2.gamebanana.com/skins/143388
>user's guide to modding sounds
pastebin.com/UTnM0yb8

>Useful console commands for testing or goofing around:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=424641626

>Spreadsheet with lots of stats about Perks, Damage, Weapons, Etc:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GDpg2mN1l_86U_RaDug0glFx8cZCuErwxZLiBKl9SyY/

>Grind map for gaining xp fast:
kf2.gamebanana.com/maps/187635

>Mapping/modding help, Bugs, Tweaks, Downloads, and extra stuff:
pastebin.com/w5jdaGVn

>How to join servers via the console
1. Press F3 or ~
2. type "open" then the IP address. if the server is passworded you append that with "?password=blahblah"
3. example: open 127.0.0.1:23020?password=cocaine

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=679163830
reddit.com/r/killingfloor/comments/4i65nk/a_couple_of_the_guys_and_i_are_working_on_one_of/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My name, my name, my name, is Loadsofmoney.

No man, I know all that, but it's in the wrong Library.
The fucking Devs need to move it into the right Library.
They said they would, but I wanted confirmation from Yoshiro himself that he was aware that it was something that had been noted for a future update.

As the Community FUCKING Manager, he should answer the fucking community.
His job is to put up with people good or bad, if he can't do that he should fuck off.

This doesn't look like kf-bedlam

And dual 9mms are definitely not handcannons

>There will never be a KF2 Stalker nude skin usable in-game.

>There will never be a light-skinned KF2 Stalker nude skin.

>tfw no grim reaper

HEALMEME FEET

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=679163830
Sounds like a fun time

>zed time skills are now useless mode
would rather have another "husk floor" type mode, maybe scrakes/FPs but with half the normal HP.

>there are people who think the sg500 is good

here we go lads final stretch

See you in like an hour then, user

There's a grim reaper on the OSG server, he can be your pet or he kills you sometimes like an asshole.

>hit up a server which said it was manor
>they wipe just before I joined and can't see what map they're voting for
>its farmhouse
>was thinking of leaving but just went with it
>someone says its a good idea to not camp it because "boring" and everyone should stay outside
>comes from the firebug
>go along with that
>people slowly leave one by one because they don't enjoy the boxed moshpit of it
>zerk and firebug who have no issues naturally are just calling 'lolragequit'
>eventual wipe because all zeds are literally walling the already small area up as team tries to deal with scrakes and fleshpounds
>"wtf how did we lose"

>1,771 In-Game
>800 VS servers
>less than 40 people playing across 5 servers world-wide
>one of them is a suicidal 60 slot server
>everyone else is playing regular survival
What would even make VS more fun?
It seems like the first 4 waves are a waste of time and once you get to the boss wave all the patriarch has to do is melee everyone to death to have a chance to win.

>one of them is a suicidal 60 slot server
It'd be nice if more servers had higher difficulty than normal

>when yo armour takes no damage but you still die
So many sirens....

You should see KF1 sirens

>implying kevlar on your torso would protect your ears

Oh I have, as well as bloats. At least sirens back then weren't as annoying to attack, fuck those neckbraces.

Shit

Never, ever, ever underestimate the stupidity of pubbies.

>NoDrama

Should rename it NoFun tbqsftah

The holy grail

But there's already a Veeky Forums group (unrelated to /kfg/) that's named NOFUN.

t. demo or commando main

Dammit, wifes bulls up boys.

>playing versus just to be patty
>new players join 10 second before the wave starts and gets patty
>play again
>again some 2 hours fag gets patty
>d-,-b

Hypothetical situation for you guys.

Tripwire is going to let YOU balance a single perk, its weapons, and such.
What perk would you choose?
What would you add?
What would you remove?
What would you change?
Why did you choose to do these?

Catholic scum

>What perk would you choose?
Commando.
>What would you add?
Commando can now activate zed time on command and extend it as normal.
This is done by pressing alt fire. Switching firing modes is removed and all weapons are burst/full auto by default.
Both of Commando's zed time skills are left as they are, except they now both give Commando infinite ammo in zed time as well.
The AR-15 and Bullpup have 1 zed penetration each. The AK-12 and SCAR has 2.
>What would you remove?
Since the single fire/full auto skills are basically made redundant by the aforementioned alt fire zed time skill, they're instead replaced by a 30% more ammo skill and a +1 penetration skill.
>Why did you choose to do these?
Because Commando is currently not filling any niche. Firebug kills trash WAY better at the cost of a bit of range, which doesn't matter much.
Commando's niche is also about zed time, yet its skills don't make it easy to extend it. Plus with zed time on command, you can actually support your team by activating it at vital moments.

No

Okay famalam

>not changing/buffing Impact or Leadership

>posting from july
smhfam

>TWI pools resources into a PvP mode
>Nobody plays it
>Sharpshooter announcement release at E3

At least some of the changes they announced look ok

No u

"Zed time on will" seems a bit op. You can essentially give your team a free win. you just trigger it, let your demo prepare to trigger nuke, and win easily. Depends on how its balanced, but it's an interesting idea nonetheless. I'd prefer if the alternate fire modes were kept too.

Infinite ammo in zed time + being able to trigger zed time is very strong. As soon as a scrake or FP comes, just trigger it, use the "shoot in real time" skill, and get easy free damage without needing much skill at all. I don't think the infinite ammo is a good idea then, seeing as one skill is based on... reloading. You didn't these two through i'm afraid...

I saw penetration for mando come up before and it sounds like a good idea, but i think it should be left as a perk choice rather than a property of a weapon. Cause sometimes you just want to clear trash around a SCR/FP, and the penetration can make you accidentally trigger their rage, therefore screwing everything up. As long it isn't compulsory, i think it's a good idea.

30% more ammo vs 1 more penetration... that's a very obvious choice as far as i see.
I do agree about commando not filling a niche, though i don't think it's the fault of commandos design, as much as it is a fault of other perks being very strong. Gunslinger can do almost everything a commando can, while also being able to destroy big zeds too. Add to that the movespeed increase, and gunslinger is better in 99% of cases. Commando isn't really over or underpowered, he's pretty close to being very well balanced. The issue is that other perks are really strong/really weak.

>he is a janitor
>on the internet
>on an anime image board
>he takes his job very seriously

Is there an autokick script like in kf1 on those
>hard dilliculty only for pros lvl 25+
servers?

>The issue is that other perks are really strong/really weak.

Why should commando suffer by being the only boring/balanced perk while the others actually have a purpose?
Commando could be more fun/interesting if TW put more thought into the skill tree.

>2 different skills for the same 20% damage boost
>but for 2 different firing modes
You may as well give Commando a 2% per level perk weapon damage and use those skill slots for fun/interesting skills.

>10% sped up reload animation for you and teammates vs letting everyone see the stalkers/patriarch.
Fucking no brainer

>stumble skill vs faster reloading
Same goes for Support and Gunslinger with Penetration
Why on earth would you want to reload slower for something a weapon bash can do or get potentially 1 more kill if the zeds lined up?

I just wonder if they had one guy at TW come up with the skill trees and said "yep that's good enough."

I agree with all of your points except
>Why should commando suffer by being the only boring/balanced perk while the others actually have a purpose?
I don't think making him overpowered is a good way to combat this. Gunslinger can do everything that a commando can, at least on par or better than him. Firebug doesn't require much mechanical skill, mostly just aim in general direction of zeds and fire, he can kill trash and big zeds incredibly well. Berserker is berserker, i'm sure you know how badly balanced he is.

>have not full ammo
>see an ammo box
>run to it
>wave starts
>box disappears

>Berserker is berserker, i'm sure you know how badly balanced he is.
Not him, but now Berserker is in a significantly worse position because of knockback.
Groups of zeds are lethal and Scrakes are basically unkillable because even parrying them knocks you back.
Yes, zerkwalling, I know. Zerkwalling hasn't gotten stronger, it's just gotten more important because all other strategies are weaker now. So if you play zerk in the most boring way possible it's broken as shit, but if you don't then you'll do good but constantly suffer from knockback.

+1

The only thing commando has going for it is the generic csgo/cod feeling of using rifles, zed time "extensions" , and stalker/pat/health bar vision.
Unless you plan on taking Backup the whole game to make the 9mm's ammo worthwhile, gunslinger is more ammo efficient
Being able to carry his Tier 2/3/4 dualies and a medic pistol.
Commando can carry the Tier 2 or 3 + 4 and whatever else you want with the 3kg extra.

Quit your bellyaching you big baby, its meant to be a class designated for the CS:GOfags who think DUDE AR'S ARE SO COOL LMAO to pick up, and they add crutches like seeing invisible shit and health to make them feel like they have something over others.

I tried to use xbow and scar + deagle on commando similar to xbow + dual .500s + deagle on gunslinger and it sucks dicks. Offperk deagle can't event oneshot clot-tier trash. Slinger is just better.

>Firebug is meant to be a class designated for the TF2fags who think DUDE I LOVE FIRE LMAO ANARCHY to pick up
>Medic is meant to be a class designated for the MMOfags who think HAHA I LOVE HEALING AND BEING A SLUT GUYS LOL to pick up
>Support is meant to be a class designated for the Amerifats who think SHOTGUNS ARE EPIC I LOVE EATING FOOD AND WEIGHING 300 POUNDS to pick up

>user's "argument"

>implying shotties aren't a britcuck thing
everyone knows murrifats are all about machine guns and AR's

>Offperk deagle can't event oneshot clot-tier trash.
yes it can
i've used it before as a backup for demo, for when there aren't enough enemies to justify using an explosive (like having a single crawler in your face)

>SHOTGUNS ARE BLOODY LOVELY MATE EXCUSE ME I GOTTA PULL THIS ROTTEN TOOTH OUT HAHA
Satisfied?

No, and neither are you about anything.

Crawlers and stalkers have less hp that clots have. Deagle doesn't oneshot clots at 6p suicide.

HOLDONHOLDONHOLDONHOLDON

yes

>he does not bulk up and take T1-3 shotguns erry tim

its not like your aa12 ammo will even last a long round

Plenty of other options famalam

Did anyone else see this?

reddit.com/r/killingfloor/comments/4i65nk/a_couple_of_the_guys_and_i_are_working_on_one_of/

Apparently some of the guys from tripwire are working on the Husk Fireball launcher.
as a mod, not as official content.
IN THEIR FREE TIME

What the fuck man. Bolster the game with weapons from KF1 if need be and update their textures later.
Just give people some content and not "Stay Tunedâ„¢"

>Devs are making a new gun
So why haven't any modders already gotten to work making a new custom gun/adding in an old one M32 for KF2 yet?

>In their free time

Why the fuck do so many of the devs have so much free time?

most likely because the game's dead on arrival

TAKE A GUESS

[dabs]

No, it's because there's no fucking documentation anywhere.

The guy who made the rebalance mod could easily mod the M79 to have a 6 round mag, have more ammo and do more damage.

>as a mod
Fucking god dammit I hate tripwire

Tbqh, looks like they just put in the original model with no animation with the misaligned husk attack.
Seems like the easiest 4 minutes of the whole effort actually required.
I don't get it, are they expecting praise?
Are they trying to make up to the community?

That too. It looks like absolute shit.
Why does it feel like they can't do anything right?

Maybe they're trying to blend in with the community.
But I mainly believe they're trying to kickstart the modding scene.
>TWI
>logic

If custom weapons were possible we'd be seeing them already. Hell, Fallout 4 had custom weapons the month it came out with no modding kit.

Why aren't they, you know, working on the SS weapons?

How do I add servers to favorites by ip?
I'm tired of opening the console every fucking time, and they are not showing on history tab

>playing Catacombs Hard with a few friends
>sever fills up
>Level 25 that joined wants to abandon the middle for the meme stairs spot
>I say no, bored of camping
>him and the 2 pubs go to the stairs, me and my friends keep kiting in the middle
>pubs dies because lol I'm the only medic
>friends die because they are sub level 10
>I die after a funpound punts me across the map
EMBRACE THE RETARDATION

To be fair on him, Fallout 4 is a MUCH more popular game than KF2.
I don't know how possible custom weapons are, but knowing TW it's probably impossible. Still, even if it was possible, FO4 has a much larger userbase who wants and are able to create custom weapons.

The only ways i've been able to do it is if you have a friend join the server and you favorite it from the friends tab or try and find it in the server browser manually.
They should really fix it too, it resets to short (4 waves) and like you said, the history tab doesn't even work.

modelling was intentionally broken by TWI, and no one has figured out how to add a new gun short of an entire mutator mod

Bethesda have been using the same engine, Gamebryo, for all of their games. Zero innovation apart from some post-processing effects and more polygons on models.

>We have been working on this for a couple weeks and still need at least a couple more weeks until this is presentable.
they prolly just got it in the game and firing and decided to post about it
why are we getting mad at random devs porting content over in their off time when most of TWI's problems seem to be management & design right now?

You're a slut. Are you happy now?

Have they commented on that at all or just "lol don't compete with out MTs"

"Security reasons"
perfectly valid reason to remove a working system and enforce vanilla files that are only displayed client side, right?

DESU Husk gun fucking sucks and is only good on Normal/hard. It's too loud, does no damage like firebug's existence and it's expensive. Only bad players use it.

we'll have something that rivals the eviscerator :)

I mean, they could always make it NOT suck if they put it in KF2, but that's not something TW would do.

But with one off-perk lever action shot the husk gun could 2 shot the HoE fleshpound without getting hit!

>i haven't played kf1 firebug: the post
I get it's cool to meme about "le dumb shitterbug xDD" but the husk gun is actually quite good, and definitely harder to use than the memewave gun.

As a firebug, that sounds too hard and I won't even bother doing it.
fuck my pussy till I die

It still bugs me that the MW Gun is the tier 4 firebug weapon. It doesn't even fucking use FIRE.

IMO, there should be an electrician perk and the MWG should have gone to him, along with the zerker's EMP grenades.

The thing is that TW are doing a lot of things in their 'free time' sure, but its not contributing much to the game as you think.

Like a dude on the team who made the museum map, that could have been official if spruced up some more and it could given the game a slight improvement in content, but instead its just being thrown into the workshop like nothing. Its just the fact they're working on something which should be for the game, but aren't putting it in, its pretty wasted content imo.

I could understand and be more hype if we got it officially because variety is pretty scarce, but its more the fact its an "optional addon" than content we've been waiting on and promised.

TWI have taken user created content, added some really minor tweaks or none at all and have put in the game as official content.

Read the link.
>Is it at all possible that the husk cannon could go through other TWI hands at some point and be added to the Firebug's arsenal?
>Possibly if there is enough support behind it.

Porting KF1 weapons unofficially without worrying about tons of polish is a good way to get more content in the hands of the big fans quicker. Evidently the people in charge want every single addition to the official game to look pristine (even though it's early access).

You can do the same thing with 3 flare revolver headshots if you don't wanna lug a lever action, or be a baby and just two shot it on suicidal 6 man.

>Firebug T4 isn't an M4A1 or M32 loaded with white phosphorous 40mm that deal ungodly AoE damage

Firebugs can go die for all I care. They can't even kill themselves with their own grenades. The most versatile combo firebug has is typing "suicide" in the console in a quick manner.

I want Kurisu to bully my little penis weenus