>DSCM - manually connect to specific players
youtube.com/watch?v=cvII-WJWo5s
>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

Other urls found in this thread:

vg247.com/2016/04/26/dark-souls-3-dark-sword/
reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4ich88/saying_you_shouldnt_have_played_online_after/
youtube.com/watch?v=H8T4FH3rZlA
youtube.com/watch?v=70GgyJAF8jI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Best place to try to get darkmoon ears? I'm chilling at pontiff with a +5 at lvl 55 and fuck all summons so far.

r8 fac

nth for pure maiden

How are these enemies fair? They do unavoidable damage and hurt you even when stunlocked.

Is Soul of Cinders crystal soulmass meant to keep respawning even if he doesn't re-cast it? They keep fucking coming back during his other builds.

Why is pvp so fucking bad in this game? Why are 99% of invasions either ganks or faggots running away to summon phantoms? Why aren't heals punishable? Why is everybody using the dark sword? I've tried to adapt but I'm getting bored of invasions faster than I ever have in the series before. Duels are fun and all but shitting all over some poor, defenseless invadee was where most of the enjoyment came from for me.

You're probably going to have to end up farming them in anor londo. It will take years but it's still fr easier than actually trying to get summoned.

Loads of kids got PTSD from being invaded in undead burg so they've been striving to put an end to PvP outside of designated PvP E-Sports zones.

Is DS3 buyable yet, or am I gonna have to wait a year for it to become playable like I do with every single other AAA game?

Pve in this iteration is so awkward. Its a bad mishmash of bloodborne and dark souls 1 in that every enemy has adhd and infinite stamina but you cant take advantage of the 'hp regen mechanic by being aggressive style of combat' anymore and you get punished if you dont use the quickest weapon since everything seems to stagger now, its just a matter of getting more out of your stamina bar.

Also a lot of bosses are just a chore with their 2 shotting nonsense and incredibly low downtime between attacks forcing you to take a swipe and roll spam until he cycles his combo letting you rinse and repeat.

Didn't we all though? That was part of the magic for me. Yeah, the pve kicked our asses the first time around but the invasions were the scariest part. Everybody had stories about there first invasion and their inevitable demise. This game isn't "easy" by any stretch but it seems like they're putting way too much effort into appeasing a bunch of pissbabies who probably can't even finish the game without summons to begin with.

Dear anor londo hide and seek champion, how did you do it. This was the best I could come up with.

I wasn't a fan either. I still enjoyed a majority of the bosses in this game, far more than I did DKS2, but a lot of them seem nigh impossible with a slower weapon. Dark souls combat at it's best is slow and methodical.

As long as your rig isn't awful.

Line of sight friend, line of sight. Also they have no stability and will go flying if so much as a fireball hits them.

If I miss one of the rings and go to new game+ where the ring I missed has a +1 variation am i totally fucked for the achievement? can I still get the vanilla ring somehow?

I think I found out why all the normies are using dark swords.

vg247.com/2016/04/26/dark-souls-3-dark-sword/

DS2 - Longsword or Broadsword?

longsword if you want thrusting attacks
broadsword if you want slightly higher damage but an arguably worse r2

Is there an alternative to DS4windows that works better with DkS3? I'm so fucking tired of the game not reading my inputs 40% of the time.

How do I renounce a covenant?

in dark 3? take it off. dark 2 I believe you talk to shalquior.

Okay cool.
How do we feel about the Heide Knight Sword for faith / str builds?

guys as fuck is the jousting event still go?

i'm sorry i called this event shit

I really like the Falchion

>Poise

So, with all the talk about defense and how it works in PvP a friend and I decided to do some testing. We also tested rolls yesterday: so I'll include those results as well for a complete defensive workup.

So here's the defense test setup.
He was using:
>+10 refined lucerne
>25/25 str/dex
>no buffs
I was using:
>baseline dragonbro for minimum possible defense
>dragonbro with steel ring +1
>conjurator set
>black leather set with assassin hood
>dancer's set
>wolfbro set
>knight set
>havel set with steel ring +1 for maximum possible defense

Here are the results in number of hits to kill.
Dragonbro: 4
Dragonbro with steel ring +1: 6
Conjurator: 6
Black leather with assassin hood: 6
Dancer: 6
Wolfbro: 6
Knight: 6
Havel with steel ring +1: 7

Correct me if I'm wrong: but that looks like in PvP it doesn't matter how much defense you have, but just that you have some. Now: note that only the dragonbro, conjurator, and black leather sets had the sub-30% fastroll, and this is where that comes in. Fast rolls appear to be about 50% hard to hit through than 70% rolls. This appears to be a combination of both the extra i-frames, the extra travel distance, and the faster recovery.

What does this all mean?
Wear whatever armor set you want to wear, so long as you stay below 30% weight, and there is basically no difference between a dragonbro with a steel ring and someone wearing armor outside of that lightning vulnerability.

Yeah I'm really not seeing the appeal. I've tried out invasions for the first time in DS3 today, and literally every invasion out of 15 had the host running around with two phantoms.

It's so prevalent part of me is wondering matchmaking is intentionally doing that. I don't even care if the person being invaded is competent enough to fight back, it just disappoints me seeing these people walk around in a mob.

r8 my pyro build
>inb4 120

The visual designs of this game's areas are so boring. There's nothing we haven't seen before. At least Dark Souls 2's area designs were all new, interesting and creative.

How do I get to Siegward's cell in Dungeon? I've looted the place pretty extensively and I have talked to him through the bars but I can't find the door.

you have to go forward to get to the door. theres another bonfire ahead. from there, theres a ladder that drops you down and backtracks you to a side path in the dungeon. from there you gotta jump through a window on the roof.
A window, not the crack in the cieling.

how do I make my blue actually get invasions?

you don't it'll just toss you in the pool of people to be summoned when its ready to.

low level

This thread was made by lucifag
I can tell by that pitiful intent of linking the older threads

Could I shill my channel here where I'm uploading my first blind playthrough of DS3?

literally glancing at anything in here can spoil you on ds3.

just somehow got ganked by two blues from a one on one red invasion.

They spawned at the exact same time lol

Starting on DS3. What kind of build is most fun?

Str build, like always.
But all builds are viable.
to note, all weapons now have two seperate movesets, one for each hand.

I've finished ds3 a few times and I'm getting burnt out on it.

How is sotfs? I didn't really like ds2 at the time of release but I'm itching for souls and I've beat demon and dark 1 into the ground

sotfs shuffles around the enemy placements a bit, and makes some items that were trivial more useful, the dlc feels pretty good if you dont ng+ then go into it. and also its ng+ has red phantoms.

Can you give me some examples of the items? I'm about halfway through DS2 right now and I'm curious.

Whats the best crossbow and bolts for PVP?

>120

So, I entered the boss fog for Yhorm, but because I wasn't really ready, I boned out.

When I return, can I do the fight with Seigward, still?

Is the parrying dagger just plain shit to use or what? Having more difficulty using it since it doesn't even do a quick attack and it can't block. Not to mention the caestus has almost no recovery frames so it's safer. What the fuck is the point of this thing?

Dark Sword

>black knight greataxe can kill me in 4 hits
>has hyperarmor on two-handed swings
>and phantom range

I..I think I'd rather deal with straight swords, thanks..

You're intentionally paired up with hosts that use phantoms. If it looks shitty just wait for another red to pop up or black crystal out.

the fragrant branches of yore, for one. there were several places that were open where there are petrified npcs blocking you now.

Is the game dead?
I see like 0-2 summon signs outside pontiff's area.
on both my lvl 100 and 116 characters.

Yeah what the fuck is with that. Yesterday there was like over 20, now I see none.

Overleveled, who the hell summons in NG+?

Most people can only swing for 2-3 hits. Just bait 1 or 2 of them then punish.

That's the fight club area, and I meant red summons.

>tfw moaning shield doesn't moan

So i checked it for a while, and i still didn't get parried ot parried (mostly because i don't see people use greatswords) greatswords while two-handing them.

Can someone confirm it for me once and for all?
Also. one last question. I have a meme 120SL quality build. Using fap ring, havel ring and hornet ring.
Which should be my last ring? most of them look so fucking useless.

It does though

The knights outside ocerios boss room are raping me.

How do I make a THICC character, /dsg/. Help me, please.

sneak up and backstab them

They're the same as any other knights. Just pull them one by one

Guys, reddit is back at it again!

reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4ich88/saying_you_shouldnt_have_played_online_after/

dragon butts drive me nuts

the best part about it is that it's intentional :^)

Quality bait, for reddit

Ok guys help me here

Where do I look for the doll?

>Thank's for making my girlfriend hate dark souls!!!
>the faggot cuck made a thread on REDDIT to get support from other cucks because his gf cried at a game
jesus christ how do people like that exist this is pure pottery

is there any reason for the "i'm gonna pretend to use a skill weapon, and then switch to an estoc for no fucking reason, despite winning/losing/circumstance/anything" meta? was just casually dueling outside pontiff around SL80-90, i had a fugs and a elkhorn shield (never ended up using the shield though), and literally EVERYONE i fought either did this, or dark crystaled out as soon as they started losing. since when? i mean i know there's some hardcore casuls out there but what? why pretend to use any kind of weapon, and then switch to the FOTM shit? "haha i pranked you bro".
so confusing.

will i know peace from this kindling at sl120?

had that problem last night, it was either me being horrible and spending all my estus killing them, or waltzing through them effortlessly, no in between.

Why is pyromancy such shit, i invested so much time into my fucking pyromancer and after getting every tome and boss spell the only one worth anything is great chaos fireball. Everything else does shit damage. is inaccurate or is a worse version of another spell. Am i doing something wrong? how do i have fun with this?

Let's be honest, outside of the dragon roar having great utility now is anything you found out different than the past souls experience?
Armor defenses never mattered, only poise.

mom dad i'm dragonsex

Connor, I wasn't in the fight because I was out of fp
I dropped down when the first guy died

>Aldrich Faithful invades me
>nothavingit.tff
>Chases me all the way to Prison Tower, I thought I could escape down the rafters but it's blocked by fog wall
>He rests right at the end of the bridge as I stand there
>Stupidly he lets me run past him, probably thinking he trapped me on the invisible bridge
>Run all the way to boss fog past dead giant
>Cross it and send him home
>Quit and resume

Not that other user, but will coins affect the drop rate enough to warrant using? I've only been summoned once, and I get the feeling it wont happen again.

>Armor defenses never mattered
How did you never fight a havelfag or havelassfacemonster?

Is that so?

youtube.com/watch?v=H8T4FH3rZlA
Why is he so fucking gay?

i like where this is going.

The point of dueling is to win, some people are probably trying other weapons but swap to something that's easier when they're losing so they can win.

pls respond

They only lived because you couldn't stun them, user.

draggot

So how good is dex at increasing spell casting and attacking speed? If it's good, then is going sharp infusion the way to go?

YOU'RE NOT MY SON
I RENOUNCE YOUR GODHOOD AND NAME

youtube.com/watch?v=70GgyJAF8jI

While we're at it

>get to undead settlement
>huh, why did a blue man just get summoned for me?
>what, why have I got another one?
>one minute later
>the red phantom finally spawns
thanks miyazaki.

I've heard that the speed cap was just 15 by someone and another person said it's 20.
But then apparently just the first sage ring reaches the speedcap yet there are the NG+ versions which emulate even more free dex???

Defense mattered a lot in 2, in 3 absorption is more important. You should also take into account the weapon he was testing with, switching from dragon to havelrosp against a dagger would have larger impact on the number of hits needed to die.

get good @ lining up freeaim GCFO's, practice on the bonfire in firelink and move around changing height to practice aiming on the x and y axis simultaneously.

as for other spells, you want great combustion and fire surge. everything else is either a gimmick or complete ass. use fire surge to punish run-r1 spammers, and mix it up and throw a great combustion or regular combustion if you know someone is going to roll-r1 into you, and free-aim GCFO's to deal with multiple enemies at once or to catch a running enemy.

How do you beat No Legs Lothric? Phase 1 turned into "lol just roll into him and stab him".
But what about phase 2? I've died to him telegraphing the wrong attack several times, and I keep having trouble killing the mage on his back.

I never played 2, not like it matters.

Dude, I can't believe you're actually a dragonfucker
I came here to see it myself but damn, I wish I didn't.

If you where going to be naked in the first place, its nice. If you where not going to be naked, then it sucks, because with 30% being the roll modifier instead of 12.5% -> 25%, you could have worn a chest piece and gotten 10% damage resistance.

I also don't get why they made the breath so shit. They literally needed to copy over the DaS 1 breath, and make it work somehow.

guys look at this ebin b8