/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browserhax/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1 (5.4 or lower if possible)
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade+a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing to run Loadiine and more.
-Smealum released iosuhax, a set of tools for when 5.5.1 IOSU exploits are released. github.com/smealum/iosuhax

>3DS
-FBI now includes new features github.com/Steveice10/FBI/releases

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/JUVEakdG
discordapp.com/channels/175668882231525376/175668882231525376
drive.google.com/open?id=0B2se9LM8nh9kclRFUThFZnFDLTg
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5Og25SeOkqMMk9OQUsxWGZVVlU
drive.google.com/open?id=0B2QiTQPX1pe7cC1IQlpfdDVqVWc
discord.gg/0ypvBFONRRCupRzP
gbatemp.net/threads/twl-slot-1-launcher-first-custom-dsiware-app.414501/
gbatemp.net/threads/r4-stage2-twl-flashcart-launcher-and-perhaps-other-cards-soon™.416434/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

DON'T FORGET TO READ THE WIIU PASTEBIN

>it's literally "1"
Old Wii U pastebin in case this guy keeps his shit fucked: pastebin.com/JUVEakdG

I created an account so I can edit it, press F5

That's better, might be useful to add the IDs from to the downloads section though. The files in the Drive accounts aren't labeled.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing now
Thanks for the link to the post

What are the best gba/snes emulators for n3DS, I want to import the saves from my PC and VC won't let me do that.

Add the SNES games from last thread.

>Nobody has added the way to get the N64 VC dump to work

>gba/snes emulators
VC are best, but if you're willing to put up with shit:

>gba
mGBA

>snes
blargSNES

mGBA and BlargSNES, or PocketSNES from the retroarch nightlies

Just use VC, the emulators aren't worth it.

How do I remove installed cias?

snes VC hangs at the 3DS splash screen, am I doing something wrong?

>GBA
Either mGBA or gpSP retroarch. Finding a working version of gpSP can be a bit of a pain if you like the nightlies though because they broke something at some point and I dunno if it was ever fixed.

>SNES
Either blargSNES or PocketSnes retroarch core. I prefer the latter, mostly because I like how retroarch handles directories and shit.

Repair it through the eShop.

I've been gone for a while, is this still a meme?

Like any other digital game in system settings.

discordapp.com/channels/175668882231525376/175668882231525376
Link to the /hbg/ discord

more n64 injects WHEN

Pointless

Cakes as a whole is on life support right now, mid-kid's out of time to work on it.

Nope.

everything that works, works
there wont be much more injects user

Does Star Road work?

Maybe.

Google Drive Vol 1.
drive.google.com/open?id=0B2se9LM8nh9kclRFUThFZnFDLTg

Includes:
AFXE01 - Star Fox Zero (NTSC-U)
APKP01 - Pokkén Tournament (PAL)
ARDE01 - Super Mario 3D World (NTSC-U)
BCZE01 - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD (NTSC-U)
AZAE01 - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (NTSC-U)

Google Drive Vol. 2
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5Og25SeOkqMMk9OQUsxWGZVVlU

Includes:
AC3P01 - Pikmin 3 (PAL)
AKBP01 - Captian Toad Treasure Tracker (PAL)
ARPE01 - New Super Mario Bros. U (NTSC-U)
ARSE01 - New Super Luigi U (NTSC-U)
WKNPAY - Shovel Knight (PAL)
AVXE01 - Mario Tennis Ultra Smash (NTSC-U)
ARME41 - Rayman Legends (NTSC-U)

Note for Capn' Toad: This a EU copy but works perfectly with US consoles. For people in the EU before you load up Captain Toad you will have to:
rename all the folder starting with US to EU in /data/content/LocalizedData

Google Drive Vol. 3 (Updated)
drive.google.com/open?id=0B2QiTQPX1pe7cC1IQlpfdDVqVWc

Includes:
ABAE01- Mario Party 10 (NTSC-U)
AXYE01 - Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (NTSC-U)
AMAP01 - Super Mario Maker (Updates applied) (PAL)
AGMP01 - Splatoon (PAL)
AYCE01 - Yoshi's Woolly World (NTSC-U)
WAQP01 - Dr. Luigi (PAL)
WEDPTW - EDGE (PAL)
WFSP01 - Fast Racing NEO (PAL)
WDKE08 - Ducktales Remastered (NTSC-U)
AFDE01 - NES Remix Pack (NTSC-U)

I know I said a 4th Drive account before the weekend started but things happened. Currently downloading games for the 4th Drive. Games to expect for 4th Drive possibly are Mario Kart 8, Game & Wario, Hyrule Warriors, Star Fox Guard.
One thing about Star Fox Guard is I can't get it to load for me, but I believe it's a problem on my end due to a Class 4 SD card. Will be uploading it to see if it loads for other anons

Can I hack my 5.5.1 Wii U and still be able to play online without risk of getting banned, or are we not there yet?

FOR ANY ONE THAT IS INTERESTED IN BETTER QUALITY DS VC

YOU CAN CHANGE THE INTERNAL RESOLUTION TO X2 BY EDITING:
/game/content/configuration_cafe.json

search for ''Renderscale''

it should display a 1

switch it to 2

so i guess i have to kick back with what i've got until IOSU or better brew wizards appear on the scene

unsure, no one has done it and recorded their progress (that i know of), try swapping the SM64 rom out with it. should work.

You can

Nobody's been banned for Loadiine on any CFW. You can't go online with Loadiine, but you can keep playing your purchased games without any problem.

>links channel instead of invite
kek

*on any FW version
>literally can't type "firmware" without adding custom anymore
This is (somehow) your fault, /hbg/.

Thanks. The only game I don't have with online that I'm interested in is Pokken, and I can do that locally, I just wanted to make sure I could keep playing Sm4sh and Splatoon online.

Please tell me you're not the one running it. You should at least know enough to realize this link won't even let anyone in.

How do I get GBA games working?

>mfw im retarded
discord.gg/0ypvBFONRRCupRzP

Working on making an icon for every SNES game in that 95 game pack using that on VC temlpate. Currently on Chessmaster.

Do the folder names need to have three numbers at the end or are they fine if it's just letters?

My copy of Xenoblade on my N3DS needs to update. Is it safe to do so if I update it on RedNAND?

yes

How do you create Wii U VC games?

My CCN is tied to my NNID. If I try to download games with FBI will Nintendo be able to track me?

>having your nnid linked in the first place
why? so you can use miiverse? don't need it at all

pls upload once done user... would be much appreciated

How would you fix the camera?

By using version 1.0 instead of 1.1. The only problem will be the Koopa race.

>NDS VC
use the tool in pastebin

>Everything else
dump official VC with ddd, replace ROM file and rename+extension the ROM you want to play. make sure ROM is same size (or less) than the official VC dumped ROM.

Why would I say I'm working on something I didn't mean to upload? What is this, the Nintendo homebrew community?

Yes it is user.

kek...
its funny cause your right

Monster Hunter

While working on these icons, hopefully some user can try injecting FPW X Premium. That game's the shit and I would really love to have it.

has nothing to do with anything, nnid and all your friend code stuff are two different things

Someone was saying that all DS games will playable on CFW soon.
What's that about?

>soon
Nobody knows when it will happen, if it will. It's possible, it's just that developers aren't interested in it.

>friends

Bought new 3ds
Pastebin is fuckhuge
Meanwhile guides on youtube does it in 10 mins tops
Still needa pay for a micro sd a usb adaptor and scdewdriver
I dunno brehs im afraid ill end up bricking it. Should i just return it tomorow

So riddle me this, /hbg/.

Just out of morbid curiosity, I decided to try and run my DStwo cart, just to see what would happen since I recently installed Luma3DS. Sure enough, after not having ran for well over a year, it booted up perfectly. However, my Acekard 2 still refuses to boot anymore on 10.7. Why would one work when it didn't before and the other one still does not? Weren't Acekards pretty decent flashcarts for their time?

I have a Shield Portable so I can pretty much play all the NDS I want on there perfectly, but it's still pretty cool to have access to the full NDS library again. Oh, and I didn't buy either card. I found them when forfeiting people's shit at the pawn shop I worked at. My boss wouldn't let us put them in the inventory or sell them in the store, so we just got to pocket them. Lots of shit was like that. I have literally about forty standard SD and micro SD cards of various sizes (1gb to 64gb) that I got for free, fresh AA and AAA batteries, Club Nintendo codes, and since some of the consoles had been there so long (years), the firmware was old as fuck, making hacking much easier. Shit was fucking great.

Holy blog.

What is it even about? I knew nothing about that and I'm pretty hyped just by that statement, even if it's never ever.
Could I get a name?

suppose to check out the wiki guide

Huge as shit and can still brick apparently.

Also why do these youtube fucks do it in 5 to 10 mins tops

All of the required hardware is there. DS games use TWL_FIRM just like how GBA uses AGB_FIRM, it's just that nobody bothered reverse engineering them enough.

>Why would one work when it didn't before and the other one still does not?
There's a lot of factors for DS flashcards.
You'll need this for cards that are still blocked on the 3DS side of the system, like the Acekard: gbatemp.net/threads/twl-slot-1-launcher-first-custom-dsiware-app.414501/
You'll need one of these for cards that don't have valid banner data (cards that broke on DS Lite): gbatemp.net/threads/r4-stage2-twl-flashcart-launcher-and-perhaps-other-cards-soon™.416434/

Acekard was actually godawful, but you had Normmatt to thank for AKAIO which is an amazing piece of software. Same for the generic R4 cards that got saved by Wood.

Another game being added to the 3rd Drive link.
Was requested so I uploaded since it's a small game.
AFBPGT - Funky Barn (PAL)
Enjoy!

The barn is not actually funky

Not as funky as one would suspect.

yeah if you're a fucking dumbass, anyway the youtube tutorials cut out the backup times which take awhile but yeah if you just want emunand you can do it under an hour

send link to that discord.

Aren't all the old DS carts pretty much abandoned now?

I'm finally doing a9lhx meme race.
Why is there a dev link for Luma 3ds and should I use it instead?

It was posted above, but it's shit anyway

Is there something extra I need to do to get FBI to work with downloading qr codes? I downloaded and installed Pocket Jockey but it crashes every time I try to launch it.

>using discord
disgusting

don't use the dev build.

Pretty much. Acekard team barely ever updated their official firmware with useful fixes back when it mattered though. Literally the only reason they were a decent choice was because other people did a better job with their hardware than they did. Teams like Supercard and even CycloDS did much better jobs.

repair in eshop, it will say everythings fine. No need to actually redownload it.
Why we need to do this is beyond me but it's simple enough so it's fine.

Alright.
For Part 4 and 5, do I ever need WiFi?

Should I install the tickets too then?

Yes.

Hey, can someone upload the SNES pack as a zip and not a folder? Downloading the folder is taking me a shit load of time because Mega's being a piece of shit and only downloading at 1kb/s

Are there any good 3ds homebrew games I should play?

I would've thought you already had it, did you install from a .cia or?
if you're asking where the qr downloading option is, update fbi.

Like whats the difference between that and the insanely long as shit pastebin if just strictlt wana pirate games.

Can i just use my fresh new 3ds and follow the youtube shit and be fine

Euclioud is pretty kickass

just get an emunand then, stop after finishing part 3 in the wiki guide

Can I use the FBI.cia file to install FBI on my O3DS like any other games from BigBlue ?

yes

Yes

No

Can I play online with pirated Wii U games or will my NNID get banned? Downloaded Pokken and need to know. Also, how do I download updates for pirated games?

can't play online with loadine at least not until the iosu exploit

What the fucks part 4 and 5 about anyway risking bricking my shit for systemnand or whatever the fuark

Wait a minute. I'm on Part 4, but Emunand already has FBI installed as a cia and has been injected into H&S.
Which step do I skip to?

a9lh, removes need for an emunand and gets you cfw on your sysnand

You are retarded

I CFWed up my n3DS and started playing Bravely Default. Can I do some magic to get some streetpassing going on with the CFW as someone with a handheld console in a country with a bottom 10 in the world population density?

Well you did reply to him.