/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog general. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ #449 - The Best Baron Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JGA-FErJ0ns
youtube.com/watch?v=rD20br61jws
youtube.com/watch?v=ARhkbue9ULA
youtube.com/watch?v=_Rp5YjAp9bM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fast

The most popular threads on Sonic Stadium are all roleplay threads.
They're hilariously bad.

Wait what?

And yet Sonic Stadium is still better than fucking TSSZ. Their "journalism" is fucking pathetic and the damage control after the panel was amazing

SS staff member pls

TSSZ has always been complete shit, I actually get annoyed with the direct links in OP but that's just me being a bitch.

Bros before Rose.

Don't get me wrong, both are shit but at least Sonic Stadium actually reports the news in a way that isn't batshit retarded

Y'all ever consider not going to and talking about those places?

But that would require logic, which /v/ is incapable of.

Cuisine pls that's too lewd

Yes. Yes that's true.

God I miss the Knuckles series. The grils were so cute.

But then what would we even talk about?

I have. Problem is that both of those places are practically the only big places to get Sonic-related news as it happens instead of 2-3 days later.

Serious discussion, /sthg/

If given the chance and given a big multimedia push (and probably an apperance in her own game; doesn't even have to be a Sonic game), how would Japanese audiences take to or react to current Bunnie's character?

How would the general global Sonic fandom in general?

While I don't really side with any site, at least TSSZ's stuff is redacted in a way that has some kind of format to it and isn't just some text that looks like a 10 year old wrote it and only the smallest part is the news and the rest is the guy trying to push his shit opinions.

I don't know

Is there anything in particular about Bunnie that would inspire a more distinct reaction from the people of Nippon compared to say, Scratch?

Shame everything else was absolute fucking shit
Japan gives 0 fucks about Sonic and especially non-game characters unless it's Scourge so there's that. To getting her own game however the general reaction would be "Why does she get one and not Tails/Eggman/Silver/Blaze/Literally any other game character"

They were all shit. Shiiiit.

>I actually get annoyed with the direct links in OP but that's just me being a bitch.
Same thing happens to me about Sonic Stadium. I think archiving fucking everything and posting those links instead would make everyone happy (except OPs probably), but yeah it's not so important.

You're shitty waifu doesn't need a push.

Japan loves bunnies.

There are japanese Sonic fans who like Bunnie.

They'll accept her, except hardcore Sonic Otakus who cry over their "obscure" waifu being married. Still Tojyo shits out a doujin with a focus on her.

We barely talk about them.

Why exactly haven't we made a /sthg/ news site yet? We have enough techguys, writers and drawfags for the job.

Japan probably doesn't care. They almost never do.

The rest if the fandom would likely be mad and confused a niche character is getting a game over established game characters. Myself included.

Too lazy.
Also, /r/ing Sage as a news anchor/presenter.

Well, I'm writing an article for Stadium, or at least reasearching.

>/sthg/news
>BREAKING: Your waifu is shit, more as it comes in

Because that takes too much effort for an issue that can be fixed easily. Just pastebin the articles
How about Bump as J Jonah Jameson

>Japan gives 0 fucks about Sonic

That's why I also included the general fandom as a whole.

>"Why does she get one and not Tails/Eggman/Silver/Blaze/Literally any other game character"

>The rest if the fandom would likely be mad and confused a niche character is getting a game over established game characters. Myself included.

But if it's not exactly tied to Sonic, then what would make it any different than Ristar, Alex Kidd, Billy Hatcher, etc. getting their own game?

My "waifus" are Blaze and Nicole.

And what exactly makes Bunnie "shitty"?

People here barely make decent OPs for this general, a news site would be terrible.

That should be the site's motto.

>A character from the Sonic franchise isn't tied to Sonic
Also again, why push her when you can push literally anyone else from the games who deserves it. I say this as someone who likes Bunnie

>J Jonah Jameson
I need pictures!
Pictures of Sonic!

> But if it's not exactly tied to Sonic, then what would make it any different than Ristar, Alex Kidd, Billy Hatcher, etc. getting their own game?
None of those you listed were already previously tied to Sonic. Bunnie is and it would be treated as a spin-off Sonic title because she is part of the franchise. Bunnie would have to be changed majorly and pretty much take away all her ties from Sonic and at that point, it's not Bunnie.

At that point it'd just make more sense to make a freedom fighters game.

>How about Bump as J Jonah Jameson
FUND IT

I like her older design more when she got the slimmer upgrade. This new Bunnie has lost most of her sex appeal.

What's that?

>that midget black guy
I don't know about these comics but i'm giggling like a bitch

Has /sthg/ ever found anything newsworthy before?

Probably because the current team isn't trying to cash into 2k anime fans.

Fan games, fan hacks, fan anything.

How about the news that ur gay

Did Sally's torso just vanish?

Why the collective sigh with Phage? She wasn't that bad a character.

Everyone's waifu is shitty. Mine, you'res, the user two posts above me's.

>My "waifus" are Blaze and Nicole.
>Nicole
>wtf does he mean that calculator Sally carries around? lmao well she did have a sexy voice in the tv show
>look her up to see what she looks like now
>another Sonic Adventure-styled redesign/OC
Goddamnit Archie. You could have made her look like Cortana or something, not a cat. I miss the old style and proportions. There's something off about all the redesigns since Sonic Adventure. Like they're too human/lanky.

She's just kind of uninteresting, and when the reboot's been really good about introducing interesting villains she just kind of looks dull in comparison
Yes make her look out of place in the Sonic universe that's a great idea

I hated this cover of Sally. Looks so off.

Old Sally is magician. She's good at everything except cooking and having a good personality!

>Like they're too human/lanky.
Because 90's/2k's anime craze and at least one being a (former) furry artist. It's not as bad as some fanartists these days, honestly.

>those plushies
I'LL TAKE 20 OF EACH!

I've completely forgotten she exists. She did nothing that entertaining, she got beat kinda stupidly, and her having a connection with Eggman made me disappointed.

Honestly, outside of a slightly less retarded backstory for Nicole and a couple good Sally moments, Spark of Life was a disappointment for me.

Yeah, actually. Soon

It's old stuff, but interesting. I'm trying to do a bit of digging but if nothing more comes up it will be a fun thing for us all to speculate about.

I feel like people were fine with her until they revealed she was associated with Eggman, and from there it's a lot of projecting. IMO it doesn't seem like it's about the character execution so much as people not liking associations.

It's sort of like how that one person keeps writing fucking novels about how Cream is purposefully being written as a little kid instead of a super stronk capable warrior or whatever the fuck and how her character is being tied to Sally instead of Amy because favoritism and not because AMY IS ELSEWHERE WITH KNUCKLES.

Who is NATE MORGAN?!?

I hated the fact that Geoffrey Shit John was a thing until Ian managed to make him something over than "James Bond expy who antagonizes Sonic because plot"A literal magical black man

>Holy shit Tails it's a walking plot device who will have ties to everyone, know everything, be behind everything and solve all our problems with ease!

Who created Nate? It can't be Penders, otherwise he'd be asian.

You know something?

On paper, there's actually a pretty good argument for why Bunnie would probably better support her own game over most other Sonic characters, Sonic or no Sonic.

Character concept reasons:

>"cute" design; bonus if allowed the hat and jacket
>design not overly "sexualized" (i.e. Rouge)
>Southern accent and other quirks. Get a good voice actress and they could work magic in this area
>personality portrayed as a bubbly-but-tough Southern belle with a heart of gold
>a big part of her character is learning to live with and making the most of a bad personal situation; good for "role model" purposes
>can be marketed as a GURL POWER character and a positive role model for little girls without descending into GURL POWER cliches
>Not created to be the main character's love interest, nor is being a slightly(or not-so-slightly) obsessive fangirl any substantial trait or part of her character, resulting in any negative connotations
>no "annoying" character traits or traits that could be perceived as annoying, period.

Gameplay reasons:

Gives Sega their own Mega Man type character to build a game off of:

>extendable arm
>extendable legs
>blaster
>shield weapon
>grappling hook
>flight
>superstrength and capable of burst damage
>upgrades

Promotional reasons:

For example, she would probably make the best action figure out of any character in the franchise, outside of Eggman.

>"Action Arm" ™ without detachables.
>detachable/exchangeable arm attachments
>detachable/possible exchangeable leg attachments
>can play "dress-up" with her clothing (hat, jacket, earring, etc)
>other accessories

Minus exchangeable weapons, almost everything listed above is already present in the character.

She's pretty much basically THIS close to outright being a marketer's wet-dream.

Karl Bollers. He was his pet character before he made Mina

Is he mad there's no Shadow plushes on sale?

Jesus Christ, Bun-bun! What's wrong with your head?!

Knowing Shadow;, if he saw a Shadow plush he'd have an existential crisis and somehow think that he's a plush
>I CAN SHOOT SILLY STRING OUT OF MY EYES

You put thought into it, I'll give you that. Fair point.

Still, I feel one could extrapolate a large number of Sonic characters. Also, Grounder has more accessories, plus imagine combining him with Scratch.

youtube.com/watch?v=JGA-FErJ0ns

>These panels
Woof, there's none of this shit past the reboot right?

She bored me even up to learning of her association. I gave a shit about pretty much all the other stuff happening except what her and Nicole were doing.

Thankfully no.

>Jesus Christ, Bun-bun! What's wrong with your head?!

She's a Sonic character.

>Sal's head afterward

Really?

This video feels like it should've been made 2 years ago.

Nicole, pls.

Was Sonic X a mistake?

Yup. You'd be surprised by how many characters Ken didn't make
No but making Chris the main character was

Season 3 was a mistake.

No, but having human characters was.

Which, in an amusing reverse of Chris's situation, applies to everything except Cosmo.

Cute. Would never wear it in public, though.

Post Sega related songs which'd fit Sonic game music!

youtube.com/watch?v=rD20br61jws
youtube.com/watch?v=ARhkbue9ULA
youtube.com/watch?v=_Rp5YjAp9bM

>No but making Chris the main character was
Wheelchairloli should have been the main kid. She was a better character in just one episode than Chris in an entire season.

>Still, I feel one could extrapolate a large number of Sonic characters.

The problem is, most Sonic characters can't do all of the above all at once.

For example, with action figures: many of these characters' abilities are innate (i.e. Sonic's speed, Knuckles' strength, Shadow's DNA) instead of from external sources. This severely limits the amount of potential gimmicks you could do for dolls and action figures, especially when it comes to swapping. That's unless you get into spin-off stuff like Riders, etc.

And the majority of the male characters don't wear clothes. So that limits "dress-up".

Like, for accessories, the most you could do for Amy would be different dresses and her hammer, or for Tails, you could probably give him gadgets.

Grouder would be nice, but he and Scratch are villains, of which, the only way to most likely pull off marketing a villain by themselves in this franchise would be Eggman. And again, it wouldn't take the personality and soley-character trait draws into account, outside of Grounder's goofiness.

You're my nigger unfortunately

Choose.

Reboot Sally by a fucking light year

Fair point.

Also I can imagine Eggman along with his badniks as a sort of He-Man/GI-Joe villain faction. Plus Kat, who really does look like someone from an 80s show

Right.

All day, err day.

Also, because spats

NuSally.

DarkSally was only good for lewd and long hair.

Neither.

But she still has time to receive proper development.

I prefer Classic Sally's looks, but Reboot Sally has the better personality and beam KISAI KATTOU

I've never seen anyone wear a Sonic shirt in public now that I think about it.